mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

AMA (Ask me Anything) [33 Question limit] [1 Question per Person]

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Two trains, Train A and Train B, simultaneously depart Station A and Station B. Station A and Station B are 255.2 miles apart from each other. Train A is moving at 124.7mph towards Station B, and Train B is moving at 253.5mph towards station A. If both trains departed at 10:00AM and it is now 10:08, how much longer until both trains pass each other?

A: 31.054 minutes

B: 16.232 minutes

C: 32.487 minutes

D: 32.058 minutes

ErikFinster

Level 123
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Two trains, Train A and Train B, simultaneously depart Station A and Station B. Station A and Station B are 255.2 miles apart from each other. Train A is moving at 124.7mph towards Station B, and Train B is moving at 253.5mph towards station A. If both trains departed at 10:00AM and it is now 10:08, how much longer until both trains pass each other?

A: 31.054 minutes

B: 16.232 minutes

C: 32.487 minutes

D: 32.058 minutes

I guess I first have to calculate the combined speed of both trains . . . . . Train A's speed is 124.7 miles per hour and Train B's speed is 253.5 miles per hour. Their Combined speed would add 124.7 to 253.5 for a whopping 378.2 miles per hour.

After that we need to know how far they actually traveled by 10:08 AM. The time that elapsed would be 8 minutes. 8 out of 60 would translate to 0.1333 hours. The Distance covered by the combined train speed in 0.1333 hours would be calculated by multiplying 378.2 miles per hour with 0.1333 hours. We get . . . . 50.4 miles

Now we need to calculate the remaining distance between the trains after 10:08 AM. The Initial distance is 255.2 miles. The distance covered is 50.4 miles. So the remaining distance would be calculated by subtracting 50.4 from 255.2. We would get .... uuuuhhh.... 204.8 miles?

Now we have to calculate the time required to cover the remaining distance. We use the following formula for this:
Time = Distance / Speed. We put in 204.8 miles for the distance and 378.2 mph for the speed and we get .... 0.5414 hours.

At last, we convert the time from hours to minutes. The time in minutes would be 0.5414 hours × 60 minutes/hour..... 32.484 minutes.

The answer is ...... 32.48 minutes and some fractions of a second ... so I would pick C.

Calculus is fun. It craddles me in the warm illusion of a universal order.

[17 of 33 questions left]

Last edited:

ErikFinster

Level 123
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
reminded me of my old vehicles, well "mine" since i bought them with IC money and then they got taken bc of an update and no one gave anyone their money back (lost prolly more than 10m)
If you have proof of owning a vehicle, you might have success with asking for support. You might get compensated or get your vehicle returned, even if nobody got compensated back then. Support staff changes and they might think differently now.

Ruin

Level 106
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
If you have proof of owning a vehicle, you might have success with asking for support. You might get compensated or get your vehicle returned, even if nobody got compensated back then. Support staff changes and they might think differently now.
It was other people's customs, I've changed laptops so I probably dont have proof of the time I've purchased these custom vehicles off people (need to do some digging).
I dont have the contacts of all the original owners however some i did, were either not willing 2 give or just didnt reply back lol and i doubt staff would compenstate my losses (if im wrong and that if i give enough evidence i owned vehicles then a reply from a staff member wld be appreciated so I could get compenstated or atleast get my vehicles back)

3 of my vehicles even had their places in my main character's lore but thats a story for another day :D 1715292013189.png (the X's are those 3 cars in masuyo tachitsu lore)

Dalparpe

Level 9
Dalparpe
Dalparpe
Omega+
What if sakura dead . . ( or his close one )
How erik & hana will reaction?

Last edited:

TenRP

Level 38
10RP
10RP
Rich
how does your passion for video games still stand being an old person? Does it not interfere with your daily job, if you have one or mess with not seeing family or friends?

wethecreature

Level 102
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
Do you think you'll ever apply for a faction, community team, or staff team? (aka make some sort of commitment on SRP).

ErikFinster

Level 123
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
how does your passion for video games still stand being an old person? Does it not interfere with your daily job, if you have one or mess with not seeing family or friends?
Do you think you'll ever apply for a faction, community team, or staff team? (aka make some sort of commitment on SRP).

I'll answer both questions with one reply since both questions are intimately related.

I still have an immense passion for video games, although it certainly interferes with other areas of my life. I only get to play regularly since I divorced my wife and we never decided to have children. Therefore, taking care of my family involves only my parents. However, as I approach my 40s and my parents are in their mid-60s, I will need to pay more attention to their health. I'm also committed to keeping my IRL circle of friends close, which consumes a lot of my free time. And as always, there are way more games in my steam library than I'll ever be able to play. . .

games.jpgI still have a large Steam library and have played on all the consoles from PlayStation 1 through PlayStation 5, all the Nintendo Entertainment Systems up to the Wii, and both the classic Xbox and Xbox 360. Although I do play from time to time, I now devote most of my spare gaming time to Minecraft SRP.

Even though I dedicate all my playtime to SRP, I still feel like I lack the time to be a hands-on-deck member of any official SRP team. Balancing work and playtime as an adult is definitely not easy, which is why I don't feel the need to join a faction, community team, or staff team. However, I do consider myself a backup player for the media team, should the need ever arise.

[16 of 33 questions left]]

Last edited:

Mialyansa

Level 64
In relation to the past art contests. How did you get into the world of art?(If the answer were to be too personal dont answer)

ErikFinster

Level 123
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
1715590135102.png
how did you find SRP?
I was originally looking for a peaceful vanilla minecraft experience but was fascinated by the japanese RP setting.
I clicked a banner on one of those large Minecraft recommendation sites. Mundane, I know. But thank you for asking.

[15 of 33 questions left]

ErikFinster

Level 123
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Why/how do you stay interested in SRP?

There are multiple ways I stay invested in SchoolRP, which is why I rarely get bored.
But most of them involve challenging myself in some way. . . .

(1) Developing and exploring character.
I aim for Erik to interact with the world and other characters meaningfully. (Erik likes to collect books, write and submit reports to School Council or the Library, engage his special interests, involves himself with club activities, occultism, and shares his experiences with his closest friends. He also explores the Ochiba Forest and does offer his perspective on all kinds of drama, if invited. ) Stories revolve around internal and external changes and how we handle them. (Look at Dan Harmon's story circle for an example but other structures imply the same thing.)

1715605344126.png
Luckily, Erik is inept in a plethora of things and suffers from all kinds of disadvantages, which makes adventure an easy thing for him to achieve. I also like to deepen relationships beyond superficial levels (like understanding characters' strengths and weaknesses) and facilitating change in others as well as in my own characte. (Maybe by offering aid, shelter, advice, or simply by being a wittness to important events.) Character growth can happen rapidly or gradually, but my goal is for Erik to evolve and become fully realized, or perish in the attempt. (I don't know where Eriks' journey will end yet, but all good things are temporary.)

(2) Trying to master a skill.
There are numerous minor skills that better my experience. (From simple parcour to learning useful rp commands like /crawl, /stroll, /lay, /carry, ec.) I regularly practice DetailRP and I'm learning to use the formats (&o, &l, &r, etc.). I attempt to engage more in fearRP (there are plenty of opportunities in Karakura for that), partake in subtle romanceRP (it's very wholesome), create character art, write character lore, and gradually learn how to buy and sell items in the auction house for profit. (MONEYY!!) Additionally, I enjoy Kendo duels and playing games at the Arcade.

(3) Trying to conquer a fear.
Figuring out what scares me and trying to conquer that fear. For example: My social anxiety pushes me to stay in the safety of anonymity. It tells me not to engage, not to put myself in the spotlight and to leave social situations ASAP. The anxiety stems from old trauma but also highlights areas in myself that are underdeveloped, hinting at potential growth. (Carl Jung talks about this, when he mentions the Shadow Archetype.)

1715605465432.png
So I push myself to accept attention, gradually stepping into the spotlight and interacting with others. I guess, in time, I will get more comfortable with being in social situations, which creates more opportunities. It's not necessarily fun to step out into the limelight, but it definitely doesn't get boring!

(4) Sharing what I got.
I like to share what I got with those around me. Sharing means giving parts of my time and life to others. And I like to share for the sake of sharing. A) It's a good feeling and B) I like how a little bit of my time and resources can sprout into enthusiasm and energy in the hands of others. I like gifting ranks and organizing art contests. And I like to share custom items and stories with friends. That's pretty much it!

[14 of 33 questions left]

Last edited:

ErikFinster

Level 123
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
In relation to the past art contests. How did you get into the world of art?(If the answer were to be too personal dont answer)

I entered the world of art when I began drawing ghost ships, castles with dragons, and 2D jump-and-run levels resembling early '90s video games. I drew all kinds of characters, cut them out with scissors, and started role-playing with them. In my early teens, I painted naturalistic landscapes and even had a small gallery exhibit my works. I loved telling stories both in my mind and on paper. I transitioned from character and level illustrations to comics and manga during my early teen years, and only returned to creating video game assets in my mid-twenties. I illustrated covers for children's books, created marketing art pitches, and much more. I also illustrated images for pen-and-paper role-playing games and volunteered as a contributor for one or two online art projects. But I guess I've always had a knack for expressing myself with a pen and a sheet of paper.

IMG_1097.jpeg

Here's a fair warning: I think all children are interested in drawing. The trick is not to spoil the fun of drawing. It's easy because the more external validation we associate with creating art, the less inherently satisfying it becomes. So I've never stopped drawing and have tried to protect my internal drive to create. Things that can kill your internal art drive include:

- Payment/Compensation/Money
- Attention/Publicity/Praise
- Perfectionism/Forcing Results/Grades
- Drawing as a substitute for other actions
- Bad Self-Care/Lack of Self-Love

While a few of these elements might provide motivation, they can hijack the internal reward systems that are at play when you draw for the sake of drawing. I'm not saying you shouldn't get paid for your art, or that you should hide your work, or that you shouldn't strive to improve, or that you can't use drawing as a form of meditation, or that you should stop drawing when you're in a bad place, but all these factors can gradually erode your joy of drawing. So watch out for yourself and take a step back once in a while.

[13 of 33 questions left]

Users who are viewing this thread