heyitsgwendy

Level 9
heyitsgwendy
heyitsgwendy
Fundraiser
IGN: heyitsgwendy

DATE: 11/4/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Adding an automatic response to the 110 hotline that tells whoever is calling to state what they need help with. For example, "Thank you for calling 110, please state what you need help with, and an officer or EMS worker will respond to your call shortly."

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
KPD and EMS currently get a lot of calls from (presumably) new players, who don't know how the 110 hotline works. This leads to calls where they just say "hello" and the like over and over, without saying what they need help with, which prevents KPD or EMS from being able to help them, as they don't know which faction they need, or what it even is that they need help with. With an automatic message, they would know that they don't have to wait on an officer or EMS worker to say what they need help with, thereby (hopefully) preventing these sorts of calls.

For example, say a player who has recently joined the server, but never had to call 110 before, sees a crime being committed and wants to call for help, so they ring 110. 110 immediately picks up, but they aren't sure if they are supposed to wait for a response before talking, or if they can just talk, so they just keep asking "Hello?" over and over until the situation they were originally calling about has already dissipated. They think that they got ignored by 110, and every KPD/EMS worker's chat got spammed by "Hello?" messages.

However, if we were to implement an automatic response, like the one I mentioned above, the situation could go a bit differently. The new player calls 110, just like before, however this time they get an automated response telling them to state what they need help with. They say that they saw a crime being committed and need help from the police, and police are able to see that message, pick up the call, and respond appropriately. The situation got resolved, and no one had to get their chat spammed.

I'm not sure if this is possible with the current plugins on the server, but if it is I think this would be a very useful change. Also, this is not intended to get rid of KPD/EMS answering calls, just to get callers moving in the right direction from the get go, so it's easier for KPD/EMS to respond.

ezriei

Level 15
ezriei
ezriei
Fundraiser+
+1...... not a 110 worker or whatever but it would probably be useful, for example, when i call 110 it just picks up the phone but dosent say that anyone will actually see the message if that makes sense, would be nice for everyone

RandomlyAccepted

Level 33
Helper
Builder
RandomlyAccepted
RandomlyAccepted
Omega+
+1 YES!! PLEASEEEE!! Its supper annoying when we are trying to do something and then our chat get flooded with "hello?" "anyone there?"

Acroy

Level 28
[+1]

When I started out on SRP I'm not going to lie but I did spam Hello in the call. I didn't know if I was supposed to say something or wait for a response. So I just sat there, and said hello over and over again thinking someone was on the other side of the line just ignoring me.

This will help both the caller and KPD/EMS. And making peoples jobs easier is a yes for me!

robinzee

Level 26
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
+1.

I agree with this being added. It could be any version of this suggestion - be it a version where it's an automated response, an OOC tip message, or whatever. What matters is that it is communicated to the caller that they should begin describing the problem they are facing right away.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to implement it.

- This is an already planned update in our backlog, it'll be implemented sometime soon.​

Users who are viewing this thread