mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Biology / Arts Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

iWolf_Kookie

Level 2
IGN (In Game Name): AyeItz_Ashlee
Previous bans: I have got banned once for MetaGaming, I didn't know what it meant until I read the board.
Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I do understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am currently a Grade 11 in the game right now. I get on everyday but I went off for about 1-2 weeks because I wanted to study. But I am back and I will get on like usual.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?
I do not have TeamSpeak3, I do have a Skype & Discord. I'm sure most people have Skype, correct? Lol

Do you have a microphone?
Yes, I do have a microphone!

List your current and past applications:
I applied for staffs before. I actually got admin on Willowblitz which is a mini game server. The server went down so I decided to quit because I couldn't find a way to communicate with the owner since he has never been online.

What is your motivation for applying?:
I love this server! It's the only server that actually acts like a high school. It's very rare to find high school roleplay servers! I come to help as a teacher. I am kind to people.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
I have read the megathread for the teachers, and have understand what it truly means to be a teacher.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
I have read this thread, and I will promise to keep the students educated and have fun on the server.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
I have read the faculty handbook thread, and although I am a little short tempered, I stay calm at most time and I rarely rage.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
Since I want to become an art teacher, I really want to take the students to a museum. Why a museum? Students mostly gets their inspiration by observing ancient artifacts and items!

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
I will explain my rules through a list;
1) Students must be seated until the end of the class, if there aren't enough seats, I will have to tell them to sit on the ground.
2) In order to get a good grade, the student must work hard and act nice to other students.
3) Students who shouts or talks back to teachers must be sent to the principles office or counselor's office, depending on how far the students go.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
My previous experience is by being class assistant for a Physical Education Teacher. My experience was cool because I helped students playing their sports. I always offer my teachers help and I would waste my lunch recess to go around classes to ask!

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
1) Math
2) English
3) History
4) Art
5) P.E.
6) Science
In order to graduate school, the 2 subjects you will need to pass are Math and English [According to my district]
[I did not understand, whether if it was rank the principles, or subjects.]

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
I do understand how to get there, where it is located, and that I have read it.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
What I see that is not enough around the server is communication and respect. Most teachers love to joke around and maybe even be a little hurtful to students. Teachers would often be afk, which is not good. I stay up all night, so I can be on 24/7.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
In game, the I understand that the teachers can not have much of a bonding friendship with the students, due to them being a figure of authority, so what if some teachers were set boundaries? But anyways, out of school I find that to actually be a different case, so that is why I bring this up, but I also understand that there is more to help out with rather than improve, so these are merely ideas based on my real life experience. I am very opened to communicate with students! That matters! Communication!

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
The teachers on the server are the ones who teaches the students. Teachers can also be a trusted source of advice for students weighing important life decisions. Educators can help their pupils pursue higher education, explore career opportunities and compete in events they might otherwise have not thought themselves able to.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Starting from the bottom level, peer wise, the secretaries, and such rank lowest, from student interaction.
Second would be the teacher, because of them teaching the classes and handling the students.
Third would be the Vice Principal, due to that high level authority and responsibility, they carry when the owner isn't on.

And the most important would be the Principal, due to their position in running the school, and laying down the rules.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
I am not sure, although, I will try my best to understand as I play on.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she/he look like? What makes her/him unique and different? What is her/him outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her/his personality like? What is her/his plan for the future?
The character I will be playing will be very kind and will work hard with students. She will be able to stay after school to help students. She is very easy going. She will be calm. She has Pink hair, mixed in with a hint of blonde. She will have glasses on.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Due to the gang being hosted in the school, I would warn them for a couple of times, if the situation still goes on, I will temp ban them for a half hour and gradually make the punishment worse if it STILL does go on. If the gang is committing FailRP, I will temp ban those delinquents with a worse punishment than the others, or ban them.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I would tell them to pay attention in a calm easy way. If a teacher rages at a student, the student would obviously rage back, so I'd stay calm. If the student continues, she/he will be sent to the principle's office and will not be able to participate in my activities.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
I would act more relaxed, but still poised, as there would be no students to take care of, but other teachers to chat with, I would ask teachers how their days are going, Building a bond with the teachers are as much as important as the students.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
I participate as much as possible.
I help out with anything a teacher might need.
If there isn't any homework for the day, I'd go home and study.
I always hand back homework assignments when given.

BACKSTORY
Growing up, my mom had kidney diseases. I asked her in a hospital what she wanted me to accomplish, and she said "Teacher or Doctor, My little sweet girl will be a calm teacher, will she promise me that?" Of course, she was going to pass on, so I studied hard, and then finally graduated with a masters degree on art.
/* Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended. Make sure this is over 300 words. Remove this comment after posting.*

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details
I was born in a very small town. i went from moving back and forth to the same cities because of my mom's condition. In 2011, she passed away with a stroke. I felt so useless. When I went to high school as a freshman, school was very hard for me. I had a hard time, I'd always come home crying. But then at the same time, I had lots of opportunities. I was a historian for a club, and I was a secretary for an organization. I got those opportunities from my Biology teacher. I have a creative mind, and I wish for every student to express themselves through writing, and every time they come to class I can show them every tip, on how to improve their writing, argumentatively, narratively, and their grammar.

Full Name: Gaomee Ashlee Vang
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss. Kookie
Given Name(s): Kookie, Ashlee
Preferred Name: Ashlee

Religious Denomination: Christian
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Hmong / American
Current Location: Merced, California

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): six years
Working Experience (# of years): seven years

Academic Degree: Masters Degree

Year of Graduation: 2016
Major(s): Art, Agriculture
Minors: Fluent in Spanish, Taiwanese, and Korean

Native Languages: Hmong, English
Other Languages: Spanish, Taiwanese, Korean

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: TEFL Certificate
Preferred Teaching Subject: Art / Biology

Additional notes about your application (if any):

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
Denied
You have been accepted
Notes:
-
When the question on "List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top", You gave the incorrect answer.
It was not meant to be Subject related.
- "What lesson planning system does the school work on?:"
It uses MoSCo which means (Must have, Should have, Could have).
-
When you were asked to "Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life." It was made clear that you were supposed to do at least 300 words long, and you also put it in the wrong place.
-
"Age: 22" This is far too young, The limit is 25, So you will be put at the age of 25 years old.

IF YOU WANT TO TRY AND MAKE A 2ND APPLICATION, PLEASE DO SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread