players online

Denied ~Emmyslxys History Teacher Application~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmyslxys

Level 4
IGN (In Game Name): HolidayEmmyslxys
Previous bans: None

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes I do understand.

Describe your activity on the server: I play regularly on weekends for about 2-4 hours a day. On weekdays I usually play too but I might not be on because of homework or music practice.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? No but I can get if needed.

Do you have a microphone? Yes I do.

List your current and past applications:
Emmyslxys History teacher application (denied): http://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/emmyslxys-history-teacher-application.2299/
Emmyslxys T.A application (denied): http://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/emmyslxys-teachers-assistant-application.2703/
Emmyslxys librarian application (accepted): http://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/emmyslxys-librarian-application.2786/

What is your motivation for applying?:
I have always been a hardworking person. I've worked hard everyday of my life to reach my goals and to help others achieve theirs. I have always had a love for history so I want to share and teach my knowledge to all the students so they know about our worlds past. Which will be important for their futures.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes I have.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): I always had a love for history. Learning about our ancestors and the events in countries history's just interested me so much. I began to study history out of school and I began to be a genius compared to my classmates. I am a school mentor right now, so I help out in the classrooms regularly about 1-2 times a week. I help teach and I work with the kids one on one on the things they aren't the best at in history. Being a school mentor taught me how to lead a classroom and what being a teacher actually is like. It is very helpful.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee | (Trainee)
Newly Qualified Teacher | (NQT)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills | (QTLS)
Head of Department | (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes I have.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? I wouldn't change anything, everything seems great.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in game and out of game serve the purpose to teach others their knowledge to students and encourage them to do great things. . Teachers teach in an empowering and supportive way, they use this to show students they are looking out for them and they are there for anything the students need. In general a teacher uses their spare time wisely. They use this time to help others and to think of ways that they can make their teaching more enjoyable and fun for students. They also like to do knowledge building activities to keep their mind in pristine shape.

A normal teachers salary in game is 250,000 yen per month. Out of game a normal teachers salary is $33,622-$72,370 in the US per year

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Teachers are important to the SchoolRP server because without the teachers we could not have classes. It is a SchoolRP server after all, and classes are a fundamental element of a school.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee|(Trainee): As a trainee you are in training to become a teacher and you attend other classes in your subject area to see how the classes work.

Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT): A NQT can run their own classes now but are under supervision of the HD of their subject area.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS): Congrats! As an QTLS you can run your own classes by yourself.

Head of Department (HD): A HD is in charge of their subject area. They oversee all the NQT's and Trainee's in their departments.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: The schools lesson planning system is the MoSCo system , (Must have, Should Have, Could Have).

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like?
What is his plan for the future?

Emmy has bright hazel eyes and she has long brown hair. She also is skinny freckles. Her cheek bones show and she wears lots of makeup. What makes her unique is that she cares about everyone and not just her friends. She has a birthmark on her eye if she looks up you can see it. Emmy thinks every students has a lot penitential in all of the students. Also she thinks everyone can be successful if they work hard and listen. She is a very nice but sensitive person, also a great singer. Her plan for the future is to be a teacher for her whole life or to work at a museum to teach history.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would warn the delinquents to stop cursing. If the situation gets out of hand I would give them a warning, then a detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I would say to my students that they are only wasting time that could be used to get homework done. Or I would count down from 5 once I hit zero I would want it silent so I can speak.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? My character would say hi and talk to all the other teachers before leaving. She would try to get others opinions on her lesson plans to make sure they would good. Normally she would drink some tea and maybe have a pastry before she leaves for class.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Writes information up on the board about the lesson.
/me Sits at her desk drinking her tea and correcting last nights homework.
/me Types up the lesson plans for tomorrow on her laptop.
/me Starts to talk about today's topic and gestures to the writing on the board.
/me Passes out the assignments and articles about today's topic.
BACKSTORY

As a young child Emmy was always surrounded by knowledge. Her teachers loved her and she studied every night to her hearts content. Growing up she has always loved Social studies/History. All her teachers would give her advanced work in this class and she would love it. She has gotten High honors all through middle school and has got it 7 times in high school. But any time she didn't get high honors she has gotten honors. High school was pretty easy for her .

In her later years of high school she never had many friends. Later on she met a few really close ones that she still has today. Brizzy. In her junior year of high school is when she really understood what she wanted to be when she grew up, a History teacher. Emmy absolutely loved college and learned all about being a teacher. For a month of her time in college Emmy had the opportunity to be a student teacher where she went to a classroom and helped teach. After college Emmy was employed by a school in America. After a year she was fired because of a new teacher that was better than her. Emmy decided to travel for a while so she moved to Japan.

In Japan she was given the opportunity to become a teacher at a local high school. She applied immediately. One day as she walked home from the local market on her doorstep was a letter from the school. She opened it awaiting her reply...​

IN CHARACTER

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Emmy McLean
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss McLean
Given Name(s): Em or Emmy.
Preferred Name: Fellow teachers can call me Emmy, but students can call me Miss McLean.

Religious Denomination: None.
Marital Status: Single.

Nationality: American.
Current Location: Japan.

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 1
Working Experience (# of years): 5

Academic Degree: Teaching degree from the Grand Canyon University of Teaching, as well as a history degree.

Year of Graduation: 2009 H.S, 2012 University.
Major(s): History.
Minors: Math.

Native Languages: English.
Other Languages: Spanish.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.
Preferred Teaching Subject: History.

Additional notes about your application (if any): Of course thank you for reading I hope you enjoy! I tried my best and I hope its great!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread