cannibalRedIsh

Do you have any previous bans?:
I do not, nor intend to.

What is your timezone?:
CET (GMT+1)

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666):
R3d-Ish#8772

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I am fully aware and am prepared to be as active as I can.

Describe your activity on the server & the forums?:
I am relatively active on the forums, but I am on for quite a few hours daily on the actual server typically hanging out with friends.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I’m not quite sure how long I’ve been on SchoolRP for, but I’m sure it’s just shy of a year.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
[
Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/reds-language-application.40292/

[Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/english-teacher-application.38303/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/reds-language-application.40172/

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
My character is currently 18 and in Grade 12.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
It’s a different experience than the usual Role-Play that I take part in. It adds a new perspective on Role-Play for me as a whole and I want to try it out. The times I showed up to the classes were fun and I might have learned random things in an environment where almost anything is possible, so I want to experience it from the side of teaching instead of learning as a student. I’ve tried becoming a teacher but my application was denied for a little lack of detail, but I am hoping this will be enough and I can get to teaching one of my favourite subjects in school.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are used to first make sure the teacher is active, but to determine how much the teacher is getting paid and how many classes they taught.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
  • Only raise your hand when in doubt, otherwise refrain from talking while the teacher is talking. Warnings will be given.
  • If a student acts disruptive during class hours, a warning will be made giving the student a chance to redeem themselves. If they continue to ignore the said warning the student may be removed from the classroom and given detention depending on the severity.
  • All cellular devices should be turned off. If caught using a phone, this will be confiscated until the end of the period.
  • Any form of harassment or disrespect, may it be verbal or non-verbal will earn the student a detention ticket.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

My roleplay experience is quite basic. I only really play on SchoolRP but before I found out about SchoolRP I would do the same thing I do now, walking around and finding new people to talk to and getting into new interactions every day.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

A Professor is expected to complete 15 classes and log all of them which will earn them a ¥450,000 paycheck at the end of the month. With an additional 10 classes, a professor will earn ¥50,000. Professors are also required to keep College Students in check, making sure they are not being immature and behaving during classes. This of course also means that professors are needed to be mature and professional as well. They must follow the rules that are set for them, as well as server rules. Extra tasks that are required for a professor are what they are teaching. Their classes cannot be repetitive in the way that they are teaching the same thing over and over, instead, they are covering something different but still related to what subject they’re teaching. Their writing has to be understandable and the information they are teaching has to be clear. They also have to hear out a student if they are speaking.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?
Runako Atkinson would be a male standing at around 6 foot 2 with tanned skin. His face would hold a serious expression along with light green eyes and teal hair. His attire would be a green shirt along with black pants and a chain belt. His mood was always joyful, but he was serious at times when needed. He isn't very strict, and he likes to be lenient with students. Runako only gives detention to students that are misbehaving and constantly breaking rules.
He treats students like adults, talking to them professionally and checking up on them whenever they're inside school. He looks at them like they're the future, the new generation but they need to be taught how to follow a good and healthy path. Runako is always ready to help a student after school, especially when he believes they are the future. He thinks students just need a push to become the better version of themselves and inspire them to gain knowledge and maybe become a teacher later on in life.
Runako looks at other teachers as friends waiting to be made. He knows he can become friends with them and laugh with them while in and out of work. He's very kind and is always looking out for others. Runako is someone who can always be talked to about anything and he's very understanding. He is always ready to talk to someone that is in need and he will make time for them. Ever since he was young he's wanted to be a doctor, but he took more of an interest in science due to his fascination with space and as well as physics. He also wants to teach others how to become a better version of themselves, either emotionally or physically, but he is always wanting to make sure someone's mental health is doing good.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
I would approach the students attempting to de-escalate the situation and figure out what is going on. I’d try to split up the group and calm them down but if they aren’t complying even after I give them multiple warnings, I would inform the students that they have detention after school.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
Runako tries to be lenient, so the first interaction of the college student and Runako would be him asking why they’re being so disruptive and immature if they were a college student. Assuming the student continued to be loud, Runako would move the student to the front of the class as close as Runako could put the student to his desk. If this didn’t quiet down the student then Runako would announce that the student was to leave class and attend detention after school.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me

Stood at his desk sliding his glasses back on and grabbing the papes from the student. Starting to flip through the pages he had been concentrating on reading. Reached down towards his desk removing a red ballpoint pen from a mug, taking the cap off before circling a few mistakes, and giving the student back their papers with a gentle nod.

/me
Would plant his hands on his desk pushing himself as he stood up to help maintain his balance, grabbing a red ballpoint pen as he walked around his desk, before slowly pacing back and forth in front of the room as he spoke.

/me
Placing his hands together, his fingers would intertwine, locking in place as his elbows rested on the desk. Looking back up, his eyes would gaze across the room before grabbing a set of books and calling the students by row to come up and grab one, then having them all sit back down so he could speak with no distraction.

Backstory

Runako Atkinson was born in Osaka, Japan, where he was raised by his African and English Father, and a Japanese mother. They were always strict on him, but they wanted him to have a good education so they gave him limited time on his phone. During Primary School he was a very outspoken person. He was always communicating with his teachers and making sure he understood what he was learning. After school, he would go to private tutoring to get help with his work. He learned to do his work by himself and was gaining knowledge in class but still went to tutoring to get a recap on everything he had learned. This would shape his future by teaching him to make time for everything and if he had to put things to the side then he would.
After he finished Primary and Middle School where he had been top of his class, he went into High School nervous but ready. He had a private space at home for studying and was always on top of everything he had to do. Runako had few friends, but those friends were his study group for after school to help each other on the subject they might’ve been struggling or confused in. He was a lot more silent in High School than he was in Primary and Middle School, due to being more focused on his education. His time was spent studying harder and trying to be the best in his class as well as passing. In the three years he did High School, he graduated and passed the top third of his class and said he was ready to move on to bigger things.
Runako was a dedicated student, clearly very interested in knowledge and ready for College. He applied for Osaka University, setting his sights on getting a degree. He did 8 years in total to get his bachelor's in Secondary Education, to Major in English and Astronomy, and Minor in Occupational Psychology, Mathematics, and Physics. He took his time, going to work a part-time job during college to pay for parts of his tuition, as he saved some more up to buy his own house after College hoping he’d move out soon.
After graduation, he waited a year before going to apply to become a private tutor for students after school which had been done to him. He liked teaching students, and he thought of becoming a teacher. He pushed the idea off for another year, before finally looking around for High Schools that were desperate for English Teachers. He finally set his sights on Karakura High School, in Japan. He wrote his application mailing it in as he waited, he didn't have much since he had still been saving his money and paying a portion of rent for his parents since he lived in their house. He saved up enough money knowing if he was accepted he could make his way to Karakura, ready to teach the students that he could shape into becoming a teacher just like him if he had been hired.
After sending that application, he waited and waited hoping for a response, and fortunately, he got a letter back. Excited, he quickly opened the letter and after reading it he sighed, he had been denied. Runako didn’t want to give up though and he knew that he can do it if he put his mind to it. He set a new goal, this time an even bigger one to become a professor in Karakura. Picking up a part-time job to earn some money, he waited till the school needed more professors, and one day it finally happened. He eagerly typed out his application and made sure every detail was right with no mistakes. Runako finally sent the application in, scared yet excited. All he had to do was wait now.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Runako Atkinson

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Given Name(s):
Razi, Raz

Preferred Name:
Raz

Religious Denomination:
I am not committed to a religion at this time.

Marital Status:
Single.

Nationality:
Japanese

Current Location:
Osaka, Japan.

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
Bachelor’s Degree: Secondary Education
Ph.D.: Psychology

Year of Graduation:
University, 2018

Major(s):
English, Astronomy

Minors:
Occupational Psychology, Physics, and Mathematics

Native Languages:
Japanese, English

Other Languages:

Spanish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes, I have a TESOL.

Preferred Teaching Subject:
English

Extra
N/A

Additional notes about your application (if any):
N/A

Do you have any questions?:
If accepted, who builds the classrooms, and do I have any say in what they look like? Also, when would I get perms to the classroom I would be occupying if accepted?

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/3dby2VHx

Users who are viewing this thread