ingressuss
ingressuss
Rich
IN-GAME NAME (IGN): Ingressuss

DISCORD NAME & TAG: markussentryon_89852

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?: Central Standard Time

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?: yes

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
My activity varies throughout the week. On Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I'm active for around 1-2 hours in the evening. Tuesdays are usually shorter due to a blacksmithing class, and Fridays I can dedicate about 4 hours starting early in the morning. Saturdays are my most active days, with around 5-6 hours of playtime, and Sundays are similar to Saturdays. However, the timing may fluctuate occasionally.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?: Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I have a basic understanding of Shintoism but I'm eager to learn more about its practices, beliefs, and rituals. I'm prepared and willing to dedicate time to deepen my knowledge of the religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I really connect with the spiritual side of my role, and I think that makes me a good fit. During the week, I can only hop on the server for a couple of hours each day, but on weekends, I dive in for five hours or more. I try to make the most of it by getting involved in events and developing my character's backstory. I'm really into the more reflective and laid-back parts of roleplaying—it just feels more genuine to me. I hang out at the monastery a lot; it's a place I've grown to love. I'm all in on this role and committed to helping others get the most out of their experience too.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes, I acknowledge and am fully willing to attend mandatory trainings to deepen my understanding of Shintoism and its procedures.

CHARACTER'S FULL NAME: Iwao Rensuko

CHARACTER'S TITLE: Mr.

CHARACTER'S AGE: 56

CHARACTER'S MARITAL STATUS: Widowed

CHARACTER'S NATIONALITY: Chinese

CHARACTER'S PHONE-NUMBER: (030)-202-2138

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I'm really interested in working at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery because I've been practicing the tea ceremony for years and it's brought a lot of peace into my life. I think the monastery is the perfect place for me to deepen my spiritual practice and share the calm I've found with others who value these traditions as much as I do. I'm excited about the chance to join a community that appreciates this and to help others find the same kind of peace that I have.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The Shinsei Seinaru Monastery began as the Kisune Monastery in 1228 during the Kamakura Period and has been a part of Karakura’s spiritual landscape ever since. Known for its enduring presence through many historical periods like the Azuchi-Momoyama and Edo, it stands today as a beacon of cultural preservation and spiritual teachings, over 700 years old.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Dear Honorable Monastery Lead,
Warmest greetings to you.

I hope you are also enjoying a great cup of tea as you read this.

It is with a heart heavy with longing and hope that I approach your revered doorstep. The whispers of the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery have reached my ears, carrying tales of its sacred traditions and unwavering commitment to spiritual enlightenment. I offer not just my devotion but also my fervent desire to serve as a Priest within your esteemed community. My bond with Shintoism is as strong as the roots of the great banyan tree, and I am eager to deepen my understanding under the tutelage of the monastery's venerable masters.
I pledge to honor the values and traditions of the monastery with unwavering reverence. Should you find it within your wisdom to grant me this opportunity, I would be honored to engage in further discourse, perhaps over a cup of tea.

With deepest respect and gratitude,

Wao Rensuko

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Iwao Rensuko's story begins in a small fishing village in China, lived in a tight-knit community shaped his early years. From a young age, he was immersed in traditional practices that anchored his life, from his grandfather, who emphasized its importance for achieving a deeper understanding of life's subtleties.
In his youth, Iwao was not only devoted to the discipline of the tea ceremony but also excelled as a martial artist, finding in the physical demands and mental focus of martial arts another path to self-discipline and mindfulness. This blend of physical and spiritual practice helped him navigate the complexities of growing up where family roles were strongly defined and expectations were high.
His skill performances also led him into the world of fire performing, where he captivated audiences with his daring and artistry. It was during one of these performances that he met his future wife, whose admiration for his performance turned into a deep, shared connection. However, the sudden deaths of his wife and son years later left him searching for solace and meaning, pushing him to delve deeper into the spiritual aspects of his practices.
This quest for understanding was further complicated by his father's unexpected decision to appoint his younger brother as the head of the family, a move that challenged his traditional views on inheritance and leadership. Feeling displaced from his role within his family and devastated by his personal losses, Iwao made the profound decisitonleave China.Seeking a fresh start and a place to heal, he moved to Karakura. Here, he hopes to join the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, believing it to be the perfect environment to grow spiritually.

Designer (86).jpeg

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
Shinto Priests are responsible for conducting rituals and ceremonies to honor the Kami, maintaining the shrine's purity, and guiding the community in spiritual matters. Maidens, or Miko, assist in rituals, perform sacred dances, and help maintain the shrine’s environment.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
Before entering the shrine, one must purify themselves at the chozuya or temizuya. This involves washing the left hand, then the right, pouring water into the left hand to rinse the mouth, spitting the water beside the trough, and finally rinsing the left hand again and letting the water run down the handle of the ladle.
How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
When preparing offerings to Kami, it's customary to present items like food, sake, or even cash at the shrine. These offerings are placed on a ceremonial table, and here’s how you should prepare them:
For tangible items like sake, wrap them in noshi paper, which is a traditional form of Japanese decorative paper. On the noshi paper, clearly write the type of offering at the top, such as " sake, and your name at the bottom. Note that items like mochi, fish, fruit, and vegetables are typically presented unwrapped unless they are packaged in a box.
If your offering is cash, it should be placed in a noshi-bukuro, a special envelope used for monetary offerings. If a noshi-bukuro is not available, a regular envelope is acceptable. On the envelope, write first-fruits offering ,often used for Inari Kami, on top and your name on the bottom. Cash offerings are common during private ceremonies, known as gokitoh, or when simply entering the worship hall for prayer.
After placing your offerings on the ceremonial table, prayers are recited to invite the Kami to receive the gifts. The items remain at the shrine for a period, honors the Kami.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
The host's job is to make you feel comfortable, helping you feel confident and relaxed throughout the ceremony
When you arrive, you'll sign in and wait in an area called the "Machiai" until all guests have arrived. Roles like Shokyaku (main guest), Jikyaku (second guest), and Suekyaku (last guest) are determined, which also affects seating during the ceremony.
Entering the tea room,You find your seat , then sit quietly.The ceremony starts with the serving of wagashi (Japanese sweets). You'll place the sweet on a paper napkin, cut it into smaller pieces with a tiny fork, and eat. Tea is then served, starting with the Shokyaku. When it's your turn, you say "Osakini," receive the tea bowl with both hands, admire it by rotating, sip the tea, wipe the rim, and pass the bowl to the next guest.Before the ceremony, it's wise to remove any rings, watches, or bracelets to avoid damaging the tea utensils. When examining the utensils
The ritual of the tea ceremony, or Chanoyu, involves precise movements and a respectful approach. The host meticulously cleans the tools, prepares the tea with graceful motions, and serves the guests in a sequence that fosters harmony and respect. This atmosphere and interaction are as integral to the ceremony as the drinking of the tea itself.Tea in Japan has a deep and intricate history, first documented in the 9th century when the Buddhist monk Eichū served sencha to Emperor Saga. The interest in tea grew, influenced heavily by Buddhist principles and the introduction of powdered matcha by the monk Eisai in the late 12th century.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

1. Tamagushi
Tamagushi is a ritual offering made from a branch of the sakaki tree, symbolizing purity and the divine presence of Kami. This offering is typically presented during Shinto ceremonies at shrines. s. It is revered not only as a ceremonial tool but also as a potent symbol of devotion and respect within the Shinto faith.

2. Ofuda
Ofuda are talismans often used to provide protection or blessings. These are typically inscribed with the name of a shrine or its enshrined kami and stamped with the shrine's seal. Known also as shinsatsu or shinpu, ofuda are revered both as symbols of the shrine and its deities. They are believed to contain the essence or power of the kami

3. Kagura Suzu:
Kagura Suzu are small bells arranged on a handheld staff, used in Shinto Kagura dances to entertain and honor the gods. These bells, typically twelve to fifteen in number, are organized in three tiers on the staff, echoing the shape of the ogatama tree's fruit. Kagura these bells are used to cleanse and bless the area

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Considering the character's experiences and background, they might feel a connection to Kami associated with healing and renewal, such as Sukunahikona, who is known for medicine and healing. This reflects the character’s journey through personal loss and the search for recovery and peace.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread