Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Add a heading (3).gif

─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─

Hello citizens of Karakura! I hope you are all having a great day so far!
Today, I have an interview with the new Deputy-Mayor, Annabell Sturm!

[!] - The audio recording would begin

Kuroki | “Deputy-Mayor Sturm, it’s an honor to be here interviewing you. Let’s begin with a little bit about you. How long have you lived in Karakura?”

Sturm | A small laugh would be heard, matching the Deputy-Mayor “It’s really no problem. I’m always glad to help out. And Pffft- Making me do math..” Her voice seemed to trail off “It’s been a bit spread out. I lived here when I was 25.. Till I was 35. Left and now at 45, I am back.. So 11 years?”

Kuroki | “And where did you live before you first moved to this city, as well as during those ten years away?”

Sturm | “Well, I’m originally from Germany.. So before moving, I still resided in Berlin. Then I moved back there for a while until I got cold feet and moved back.”

Kuroki | “And how would you describe growing up in Germany?”

Sturm | “It was.. A bit of a weird one, but I was quite lucky. Though, at a young age, I had to learn that if I wanted to become someone, I needed to go beyond someone's expectations.. It happens when you have five older brothers.”

Kuroki | “Five older brothers? How large would you say your family is? Do you only have your older brothers, or a more expansive family?”

Sturm | “Haha- yes. I have quite the family.. But, I have my five brothers, their children of course.. Then cousins, aunts, uncles.. If one thing was stressful, it was Christmas.. It always hurts my back account..” A small chuckle was heard after the statement

Kuroki | A soft laugh was heard from the male “I understand. The holiday season always tends to hurt the pockets. Would you mind talking a bit about your family? What are your thoughts? It truly sounds like you care deeply for them.”

Sturm | “Well- if we talked about my whole family, we’d be here for hours.. But I do have family here in Karakura. My kids per-say. They’re both lovely, a bit hard-headed and stubborn, but I am as well.”

Kuroki | “I myself have a family here that I care deeply about. My daughter takes after me quite a bit, so I can relate to your statement. But now, let's get onto the main topic. Miss Sturm, what did you do before you became a governor here in Karakura?”

Sturm | “Well, they aren’t biological, but doesn't mean I don’t see myself in them..” There would be a short pause “Before governor? I served as an Officer in the KPD”

Kuroki | "An officer. I see. How would you describe working in the Karakura Police Department? Is it a pleasure like others would describe it?”

Sturm | “Yes- I actually was captain of the force for quite a while, and well..” She would pause, light tapping of wood was heard “I served during quite the stressful time. Many losses of officers.. But- in the end, it was like a family. Of course, we were serious when needed to be, but when we had nothing to do, we usually messed about. Annoyed each other or the new officers. It was nice to have a break from the stress and just be able to laugh and joke.”

Kuroki | “It sounds like you enjoyed your job. Do you have any memorable stories from your time on the force?”

Sturm | “Oh yeah. Why I stuck around with the force for so long.. I think my most memorable one.. Was very early on. When I was sergeant, and with one of the higher ups, we caught a Black Market Dealer red-handed. Got him arrested and burnt all his money.. I believe we even had a mini-celebration for it. And well, me becoming the first female captain of the KPD will always be my proudest achievement.”

Kuroki | “That is quite the bust! And congratulations on that achievement. You don’t hear about that sort of story around here often. So, when did you want to become a governor? What caused the shift from the police force into the position you held?”

Sturm | “Mhm! We were quite proud honestly.. And well, it was the 10 year break. I had been around when we first tried the whole court thing, and it sadly failed. I thought that maybe I could help out, especially with my experience. Serve Karakura one last time.”

Kuroki | “That is very honorable of you, Miss Sturm.. But why Governor over the other government positions, such as a judge or lawyer? What made this position stand out to you?”

Sturm | “Well, funnily enough, I applied as a lawyer. The idea of arguing for people and the thrill interested me.. But then there was a spot open as a Governor and the Mayor offered it to me, due to my experience.”

Kuroki | “Really? You were personally offered the position.. How would you describe your relationship with the former mayor?”

Sturm | “Well.. It was Mayor Sengoku.. She and I weren’t very close, but I believe it was more or less a choice of ease. She knew my history.”

Kuroki | “Well, what about the former Mayor, Mike Akihito, as well as the new Mayor, Kiyoko Akai?”

Sturm | “Mr. Akihito and I were simply acquaintances. We have conversations, but they were usually work related. Now, Miss Akai and I.. We have a bit of a better relationship, due to us having worked together and supporting each other during the election.”

Kuroki | “I see. It’s good that you and the new mayor have a good relationship, as you both work closely together. So, what do you think made you outshine all of the other governors, allowing you to get the position of deputy-mayor?”

Sturm | “I don’t wish to downplay my fellow Governors, but I believe it was due to me being one of the most active and possibly due to me being the longest standing one.”

Kuroki | “I do not believe that is downplaying the other governors. It is simply your observation. But, I myself have seen you around more than the others, so I agree with what you have said.” He would briefly pause “How was the transition to your new position? Are your duties much different than what you did as a governor? Or is it a big change?”

Sturm | “It's not much of a difference.. But It was more of a shock. It might get a bit more stressful, but currently, it feels more relaxing.”

Kuroki | “It’s good that you find your position comfortable.. What plans do you have now that you are the Deputy-Mayor?”

Sturm | “Hmm.. Honestly, my plan is to start as the base of things. We always promise to stop crime, but I believe we need to start with the factions.. Refurbish the base of everything. Make improvements to the KPD, to the hospital, and even the school maybe.”

Kuroki | “That is a different approach than I’ve heard.. If you start from those places, it will naturally lower the crime rate.. I’m guessing you have had this outline before you had this position? Or is this something you have thought of recently?”

Sturm | “It’s an outline I’ve had for a while.. During the elections, I was busy, so I never had the ability to share my opinion and my ideas, but it goes hand in hand with me saying that part of fixing Karakura is in the hands of its people.”

Kuroki | “It's a really good strategy. It is easier to manage and measure growth of. Those are all the questions I have. Do you have any final comments you wish to say, Miss Sturm?”

Sturm | “Hmm..” She would clear her throat “Even though I was not voted in, but appointed by our mayor, I hope to be able to represent the people of Karakura. My goal is to work with them, but not as a leader, but as a friend.”

Kuroki | “Well.. Thank you for your time, Miss Sturm.”

Sturm | “It's no problem. Thank you for allowing me to speak my thoughts.”

[!] - The recording would end

Thank you for tuning into this interview. Stick around for more city news.
Until next time!
Jin Kuroki

Users who are viewing this thread