Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
IGN:
RexLobo

List your discord name and tag (name#0000):
Rexypoo#3334

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
I have a mic and can speak on discord

Your time zone and current country of residence:
EST and United States

Link any previous community team applications if applicable: N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
I acknowledge the fact I could be removed from the community team.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
A few things that may obstruct my progress on the Lore Team would be me entering my first year in college. I will definitely prioritize my education over anything else. However, I have 3 days off each week, as well as very good time management skills, so I will be able to allot time to completing lore, as well as being active on the server.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
My passion for writing began when I was young. Though it wasn’t all that serious, I enjoyed letting my imagination run wild, writing short stories and making backstories into characters that I made. I eventually stopped writing fow a while, due to certain events during school when I was younger. However, once I joined SRP, I rediscovered my love for writing. As soon as I joined, I made an in depth backstory on my character, and kept improving it all. As time progressed, I did more and more writing, eventually writing for myself and others who asked me for help. My love for writing in SRP also branched out to my personal life, where I put that passion into my school work, even writing some short stories and poems in my free time, though many of the short stories I have written were deleted once I graduated, since they deleted the account they were stored on. This love for writing inspired me to apply for the reporter faction for this server, where I have been an active member since I was accepted in May of this year.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I do not have professional experience with writing lore, as I have mostly been doing it personally as a hobby, as stated above. However, I do pride myself on making my best work, and there is proof of my effort in each and every one of my reports posted on the forums. I also have google docs full of character lore for each of my characters, which I am still working on, giving them each in depth lore, making them all different from one another.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the basis or foundation of any story, and aspects of a story. To create a story, there has to be a background to it that makes it truly stand out and makes it unique, and a place for the story to bridge from. If there is no background to the story, then there is no order for events to follow, making it difficult to create an end goal to accomplish in the story.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

(814 Words)

Everything bloomed from an innocent friendship. Luna Zenith, Yuzu Kaori, and Micah Fukushima. The trio hung out together all the time, getting closer to one another. As the winter faded into the new spring season, the group spent more time together. Beginning with spending time at the beach, where they went on each and every ride on the pier dozens of times, swam up and down the shoreline, climbed to the top of the lighthouse and told each other stories of their past, to lay in the sun. After they exhausted the beach, they adventured the sewers, going down each path they could find and exploring each room, ending up at the abandoned train station, where they told ghost stories every night for weeks. Little did the group know that there was a jealous third party.

Aikana Fujika grew jealous of her girlfriend, Luna, spending time with others, instead of making time to be with her. This jealousy continued to grow as she bottled it inside, until it eventually became resentment. Aikana first went to her girlfriend, and pried her way into spending more time with her, having the trio spend less and less time together. After separating Luna from Yuzu and Micah, Aikana decided to make sure the others would not try to take Luna away from her again. One night, while using Luna’s phone, she texted the two to meet her at the lighthouse. Once the two arrived, the door was shut behind them, Aikana blocking their only exit. While the room was dimly lit, there was one thing that was clear. She was holding a pocket knife, waving the blade back and forth between the two, speaking in a low, raspy voice, uttering a threat to the two that they would remember.

“If I catch either of you near Luna again, I will not hesitate to make my face the last you see.. I will make it as painful as I can.. She is mine.. Understand me?”

Her tone was psychotic, detached from reality. After her threat, she let the two leave and went back home, thinking that was the end of it. However, Micah had different plans. He spent his time trailing Aikana to figure out a pattern to her schedule, where he witnessed her purchasing a wedding ring, where his plan was finally finished. After learning this fact, Micah approached Luna, asking if Aikana and her were planning anything. That was where Micah learned Aikana had chartered a yacht for them to have a date. Micah told his best friend to have fun, and left it at that, but things were going to take a turn for the worse.

The boy snuck onto the yacht before the two, entering the cabin and hiding inside one of the unused rooms. Remaining inside and quiet until the ship started moving. Waiting for a good time to go, but growing impatient. After about 3 hours, he had enough waiting and put his ballistic mask on, taking one final look in the mirror at himself. An outfit as dark as the night sky, with a ballistic mask that hid his expression, a mix of fear and excitement. Looking down at his pocket knife, the male took a deep breath.

At the same time, the couple on deck were having the time of their lives. Spending their afternoon laughing and enjoying each other’s company. Oblivious to what would be happening in the near future, a horrifying scene. Once the sun began setting, the ship stopped. Aikana brought Luna to the stern of the yacht, and began to retell their stories, from their friendship until they got together, and after. Tears were shed as Aikana professed her love to Luna, and even more when Aikana dropped on one knee, presenting a beautiful diamond ring.

“Luna Zenith.. Will you marry me and spend the rest of our lives together? Will-”

The girl was cut off when a hand gripped the girl’s hair, yanking her head back. A knife was held to the side of her neck, then brought across to the other side. Micah felt an overwhelming pleasure and thrill from what he just accomplished, until he heard the gut-wrenching scream from Luna. Seeing as they were close enough to the shore, he hopped over the side of the ship, diving into the water and swimming away, leaving Luna with her dying fiancé, where she sat and grieved, wondering where things went wrong.

The next day, Yuzu and Micah stumbled upon the heartbroken and traumatized Luna. They quickly rushed to her side and consoled her, asking her for what happened. Luna explained their date, and how it ended in tragedy. Micah had to play things off, acting oblivious to what happened. Even though it was a horrific way to do things, the trio was back together, and closer than ever. However, one held a deep, horrific secret.​

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

(826 Words)

Laughing turned into screaming, but the yell became muffled by the water. She was fighting the ocean current, but it was a futile struggle. Her yell faded into the distance as the ocean current dragged her further out, dragging her under the water, where everything faded to darkness. That was the last she would ever see her family and home.

That was until she regained consciousness, but things were different. She was in a strange building. A spiral staircase encased by a circular wall. When she turned around, there was a door, but the handle didn’t turn when she reached for it. As she struggled to escape, she realized it wasn’t that the doorknob didn’t turn, but she couldn’t grab it. Her hand seemed to phase through the handle. Taking a closer look at herself, she was almost transparent. That was when reality began to settle in. Seeing a large flash, followed by a loud rumble outside of the walls, she ran up the stairs of the building. Once she reached the top, she found a large light looking over a beach.

Staring down into a puddle, she expected to see herself, but her hope faded after she witnessed an empty reflection. The girl discovered for herself that she was no longer herself, but a lost soul, trapped in the mortal world. Rushing back down and to the door, she tried to leave. Knowing that she herself could not touch anything, she thought she could just walk through the door, leaving the cramped walls of the lighthouse. However, when she tried, it failed, as it did with every other wall.

Climbing back up to the top of the lighthouse, she tried to leave by leaping off of the railing, knowing she was already dead. Though, once she attempted to climb the railings, flashbacks of her drowning that fateful day flooded her mind, causing her to back away from the railing. She tried over and over again, but the memories overpowered her each time. The lost soul grieved as she was now confined to the cramped walls of the lighthouse. Weeping day and night, the wails heard each night at midnight by any visitor that may stumble upon her.

But with grief comes acceptance. With time, she learned to appreciate her spot. Enjoying each day’s sunrise and sunset, listening to the ocean breeze, as well as sounds of the ocean. One night, the light pollution was low enough to see the blanket of stars caught in the night sky. As the soul was on the top of the lighthouse, admiring the sight, another presence seemed to appear. A young boy sat on the top of the lighthouse, admiring the same sight. Hours passed in silence, until the boy dug into his backpack and placed a Ouiji board on the ground.

“I heard there was a ghost residing in this lighthouse.. If you do exist, please come out!”

The lost soul stared at the boy, puzzled. Sitting across from him, waiting for something, looking down at the board.

“Okay.. Are you here..? Move the triangle to yes if you are..”

Deciding to humor the boy, she tried to interact with the planchette, expecting to fail. But when she placed her fingertips on it, she was able to touch it. A small smile formed on her face, one that only she knew. Slowly, she moved the triangle so the magnifying glass was over ‘Yes’. The young boy jolted backwards, shocked. He believed it was just a rumor, but now he was living it. Crawling back to the board, he would ask another question.

“What is your name, ghost person?”

A small giggle escaped the girl, but unexpectedly, the boy also heard it. His eyes went wide as he eagerly waited for her answer. She would drag the planchette over the letters S O O J I N.

“Soo-Jin.. Nice meeting you! My name is Hikaru!”

After introducing himself, he spent the rest of the night asking questions and answering them after Soo-Jin did. This continued for many weeks, months seemed to pass and seasons changed. The boy ended up growing up into a fine young man, but then he started to visit less and less, until he never showed up again. Soo-Jin waited at the entrance every day, awaiting his return, but years passed and he never showed up. That was until December 24th, Christmas Eve of 2020. Hikaru walked in, making his way up to the roof. Soo-Jin knew it was him, despite how much he had aged. However, what she did not expect was for him to ask for forgiveness.

Soo-Jin would fall to her knees and weep, grieving for months, until a familiar voice was heard. On December 25th, 2021, Hikaru and Soo-Jin were reunited, sitting atop the lighthouse in each other’s company. Until they faded away, moving onto the next plane of existence with one another, freeing the shackles that bound them to this world.​

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
The reasons for your denial include:
- Both passages felt underwhelming with no creative aspect to them.
- It is suggested that you revise your second prompt specifically and spice it up by choosing an uncommon lore setting.​

Users who are viewing this thread