What is your Minecraft username?:
Reborn_

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
its_reborn

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
PST (UTC-8) & PDT (UTC-7)

Describe your activity on the server:
Approximately 3-4 hours per day at minimum as of right now, with outliers of up to 8 or more

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
No, I have not been banned before.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I acknowledge that inactivity on my end will result in my demotion.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Tutor

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
I am applying to be a tutor, which means taking on the responsibility of facilitating deeper learning and understanding of the topics covered in the classroom. A tutor assists students in reviewing core concepts and preparing for the material they will eventually cover later on in the course by strengthening their foundational knowledge of the subject. This is accomplished most effectively through the employment of thorough lesson plans and prescribed study methods that work well with the student.
Most of all, a tutor motivates the students to take their learning into their own hands. We are a resource for students to use in order to get back on their own feet or prepare for the journey to come that is their academic career. We instill confidence in them. We empower them to do well by promoting good study habits and providing the necessary guidance.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
On SchoolRP, I have played since early 2020
I also was an active player on FantasyRP
I am a beta tester for MazeRP
I played on other servers as well, worked with roleplay YouTubers, and I am working on my own roleplay SMP server on the side with custom items, models, lore, builds, and mobs.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
Teaching is my passion. I have been a chemistry tutor (AP and general courses) for three years, a physics tutor for one year, and a general (math, English, etc.) tutor for three.
I am aiming to be a teacher in real life once I graduate, which should be in 2 years. In the meantime, I thought it'd be nice if I could contribute to SRP with the knowledge and pedagogical skills I have picked up so far from tutoring/college courses.
The more I play, the more I find myself (as a student) feeling disconnected from the school and its faculty. I hope to connect with my students more directly as a tutor and be a friendly/pleasant presence in the halls of Karakura.
I would be incredibly happy if I could rekindle students' interest in learning about the world, perhaps even witness them find a passion in it as I did.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
N/a

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
  • Grade 12
  • Grade 12

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
On a good day, Hitomi would respond, "Is something the matter? Perhaps you could sit down and talk with me about it, I'm available to listen if you need. I'll make some coffee if you'd like."
If the student insists on cursing them out, they would reprimand the student for their language. If they have already given them two warnings, Hitomi would recommend that they calm down for their own sake, lest they receive a detention. Only after two warnings and a threat will Hitomi apprehensively present the student with a detention slip.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Hitomi would jump in immediately, physically separating the students using his briefcase or other bulky shielding objects, then lecture the students on their behavior. If the students still refuse to break it up, he would remind them that fighting on school grounds is prohibited. Any unwarranted behavior following this lecture would be met with a detention threat. Both students would receive detentions beyond this if they continued to be belligerent. If Hitomi was present and/or knew about the context of the fight and sympathized with any party involved, his next actions would be geared towards consoling them and apologizing for what transpired.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Hitomi would first kindly suggest that the employee should stop and take into consideration the safety of themselves and those around them. He likes to give the benefit of the doubt and will assume the employee did not know any better. Depending on the immediate danger of the employee or surrounding people, Hitomi might find it necessary to physically intervene.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Hitomi is courteous, kind, and hospitable. He may offer to grab staff members snacks or coffee, or perhaps strike up a conversation about their field and listen to them discuss their interests.
On extremely rare off-days, Hitomi will down some coffee and try to stay awake but will be unable to even act coherently due to sleep deprivation.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
idly spins a pen on his right hand whilst reading through the student's essay. He pauses, jots down a quick note, and resumes reading. A few minutes pass until he finally hands back the paper with a warm smile.
(Additional speech for context) "You did quite well with this one! Both your grammar and sentence structure have improved greatly. I'm very proud of you Em. We'll spend the rest of the time working on tying back the supporting details to the main topic at hand. That will help your essay feel more connected and it'll strengthen your claim. Want a fruit snack?"

/me holds out the pouch of fruit snacks and beams at the student. He then turns to his laptop and dextrously pulls up a .pdf scan of "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. He quickly inputs keywords into the find box, directing him to the passages cited in the student's essay. He then turns his laptop to the student.
"I think this was an amazing inclusion, you found the perfect passage. It supports your claim perfectly! The only thing missing at this point is your own commentary on how exactly this passage addresses the prompt. That's how you strengthen your thesis."

(For a different scenario this time, in a lounge or perhaps a study area)

/me raises his arms to stretch, letting out a big sigh as his arms and back muscles relax. He briskly walks up to the coffee machine, humming a soft tune that harmonizes with the melody of the escaping steam. As his cup fills to the brim so does his smile. He dons his headphones as the warm ambiance of slow jazz music fills his head, kicking his legs up on the ottoman as he opens the laptop. His lock screen, a picture of a cat in the arms of a young relative, welcomes him.

In-Character Section

1694516359025.png
Full Name (First & Last only): Hitomi Tatsugami
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Preferred Name: Hitomi

Age (Minimum is 25): 27

Academic Degree: Bachelors
Major(s): Biochemistry
Minors: Science and Mathematics Education

Nationality: Japanese
Known Languages: Japanese

Backstory

Motivation for Joining KHS:
Hitomi was raised to prioritize his academics first. He rebelled against his parents often, and because he felt tied down to his grades he yearned to separate himself from them. His high school academic reputation was nearly tarnished. It was then that he found himself acquainted with a particularly good Chemistry teacher. She rekindled a secret yearning inside him to learn more about the world around him, transforming his parents' fixation on numbers into a newfound curiosity about what school had to offer. Hitomi poured his heart into the sciences, eventually earning the 7th highest overall grade amongst his graduating peers despite his earlier setback. Unfortunately, the teacher that Hitomi chose to walk him down the aisle for his graduating ceremony was not present. She was hospitalized and unable to work that year due to cancer. By the time Hitomi moved into his college apartment, she passed. Hitomi vowed to follow in her footsteps and inspire the next generation of students to take their education into their own hands, and to embrace their natural curiosity.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
OOC: Yes, I tutored for a few years at my high school as part of the National Honors Society club for all subjects (students would visit me after school and I would work with them on assignments they were having trouble with). I'm also currently a private tutor for hire (3 years), I have tutored AP Chemistry and general physics for pay.

IC: Hitomi enrolled in a Learning Assistant program during college, which allowed him to attend lab sections and assist students during their labs. He also became a Teaching Assistant for various professors in entry-level science courses such as Intro to Biology, Intro to Chemistry, Intro to Psychology, and Intro to Physics.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
IC: "I have a plethora of teaching experience and the passion necessary to go beyond what is expected of me in this field of work. I promise that as a tutor I will make Karakura a friendlier and more enjoyable experience for the students."

────────────

Extra
:3 thx for reading

Additional notes about your application: N/a
Do you have any questions?: Nope, all set!

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your application, however after careful consideration and discussing this application with the current department, I have decided to decline it.

* Got a question about your application? Click here.

Users who are viewing this thread