★ Ahilyn's Reporter Application!! ★

ahilynyael

Level 4
PRONOMBES (5).png

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

ahilyn (Applying with this one)
JoaquinRP (alt)

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
I do have a discord, but i don’t have a functional microphone im afraid.

imagen_2024-09-26_140841754.png

List your timezone and country:
UTC-7, Mexico.

Describe your activity:
These are the hours where I am usually available.
(UTC-7 Time)

I usually play SRP the green hours that you see here, depending on my availability with things out of role, although I am usually available all day, it is likely that one day or another you will not find myself playing because I went out with friends and/or family, was doing homework or just because i didn’t join SRP.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
I had several accounts over the years that I played on SRP, so I'm not sure where those applications went, so i just have this one:
2022 Shop

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
My motivation for applying for the reporter position is due to the media content that is handled in it, images, photographs, captures and the use of creative tools. I consider myself to be someone with imagination and although I sometimes have a creative block, I could find a way out of it. Likewise, I've been in SRP since 2022, and haven't had roles beyond grade 12 student and student roles. I want to get out of the rut a bit and start roleplaying in other ways. Reporter is what fits my style the most, because I like to make a topic known in an interesting way to an audience. I must say that I am a novice in terms of handling professional tools, but I handle simple tools like Canva, Capcut e.t.c that serve the same and even surpass other types of tools.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I have had some experience in this aspect; I have had some teachers who have focused on writing (grammar) and reporting topics. They gave me an idea of how a report or other topics can be done. Usually, when I write, I prefer to write fantasy stuff, I could detail the characters if I want to. I prefer to detail characters rather than scenarios, but if I think about a scenario that I do like and I think it would be “magic” or interesting, I would really put effort into it. I tend to get inspiration from surreal fantasy series so to speak, (ex: Alice in Wonderland, Coraline, e.t.c).

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes i am.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I consider myself creative and curious. I am very active, so it would help to be aware of recent or new topics that may happen in the month, and if not, I will have enough time to look for some interesting topics to meet the quota for the month. I would also like to cooperate with the other reporters, and even help or be inspired by their work. I admire some reporting work within SRP, and if I can have direct contact with that person I could help me to improve my work and even help you with yours if you ask me to do so. As I said, I have played SRP for a while, almost 3 years, but I still don't know much about it. Being a reporter could help me to realize things that I didn't know were happening or I didn't give them importance, also I would like to meet more people who like the same as me, and I think it's a good way to meet them, as well as getting involved in other types of role playing and get out of the routine, it would be good for me!

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
I understand.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I do!

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
The job of a reporter is to identify topics of interest to a particular audience, in this case, citizens. They are in charge of a proper research on a striking topic, and then write reports or articles about it. To do this, they must have a clear explanation of the topic. As far as I know, it is more advisable for a reporter to report breaking news and / or public interest, so that the news will get more audience and interest. Talking about the news in karakura, you should have a good eye to look for some news that catches people's attention. From what I have seen, it is more possible to bring out interesting news about an event that takes place in the city, or new things. Likewise, working with other people in key ways can be teamwork, different points of view, and inspiration, which is something that a reporter must also have in order for a story to be pleasing to the eye.

PRONOMBES (6).png
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

1727397856361.png
Full Name:
“Im well known as Hikari Kaede Shinohara Tenorio, altough im used to be called by my middle name.”

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr):
“Ms Ori, Ms Kae or just Kaede is okay for me. I'm used to being called by my middle name, though.’’

Current Age (25+):
“I'm 26 years old, I was born on October 21st.”

Past job/work experience:
“To be completely honest, i don’t have any past work, reporter
would be my first job.’’

Degree/qualifications:
“After a hard time at Karakura High School, I decided to attend Jiyugaoka High School, before attending Tama Art University,
where I obtained a Master of Fine Arts in Visual Arts focusing on graphic design, illustration and digital media.”

Nationality and born location:
“I'm mexican, i was born in Guadalajara Jalisco, México.’’

Phone Number:
(030)-353-9858

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
“Describe myself? Wow... eh... I guess you could call me a shy extrovert person, I can be someone quite sociable but starting a conversation is not my thing, anyway you have to leave the pity behind if you have to socialize. I like to talk and spend time with friends or colleagues. I am a friendly person, but I set my limits when I have to. I take care of the people around me and I like to listen when they need it. I may not be the best at giving advice but I give good hugs, you know? Although yes, I may be extroverted but I am reserved, I can open up with people I trust and so on.. In the work environment I can maintain a professional personality when required, but I can also be someone casual, you know?”

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
What are your expectations for the job?:

“I like things related to art and mystery, and I also like anything that has to do with the creative environment. I could focus on renovations in Karakura, such as the recent renovation of the Shrine. I could also talk about buildings or spaces in Karakura that are important to its history, combining them with topics of interest to people, and also try to unveil some mysteries in Karakura's past. I'm not sure what would be considered stepping out of my comfort zone, I understand that as a reporter you have to do that constantly to gather information, so I'm likely to adapt to whatever it is."

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
“Criminal record? Oh no no no, dear! Im clean...’’

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
“Im fluent in Spanish, and i also know Japanese, and JSL (Japanese Sign Language).’’

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

PRONOMBES (7).png

imagen_2024-09-25_183222112.png

PRONOMBES (8).png

kazuzuzu (1).png
THE NEW FORM OF TRANSPORTATION:
HAS IT BEEN A BENEFIT?

[!] The sound of a microphone being turned on was heard on the radio [!]

[Ms. Ori] "Hello? Testing testing.. 1, 2, 3..'' A few taps are heared on the microphone.
"There we go! Hello and welcome dear citizens, good day, afternoon and evening to those who listen to me....
Today I have a short interview with a student from Karakura High School, Kazuha Lee, thank you for agreeing to be here, Miss."

[K. Lee] "Ah.. Thank you for having me here ma'am! The pleasure is all mine.''

[Ms. Ori] ''Well of course! I'll ask you a few questions, okay?

[K. Lee] "Yup!''

[!] The sound of papers being sorted and leafed through is heared [!]

[Ms. Ori] "A few months ago, the city implemented a public transportation system to Karakura,
such as the renovation of trains and a new school bus.. Tell me Miss Lee, have you tried this new transport?"
[K. Lee] "I moved to Karakura recently, so I wasn't there on the day this happened exactly,
but because it's in operation frequently from what I've seen, I was able to take a
few rides on the school bus and try out the trains!"

[Ms. Ori] "I see.. In fact yes! this service is in operation frequently!
Miss Lee, what can you tell me about the comfort of these transports?"

[K. Lee] "Well, I can't say that the bus is very comfortable, you are cramped with a lot of people as too
many people take the school bus, and even the bus can get full at one stop so the driver has to leave the students
who are already on the bus and go back. On the other hand, the trains have been quite comfortable in my opinion, I heard
that the first day quite a lot of people use it, but recently when I get on I haven't seen people around,
maybe one or two people use it, but to my taste that's ok, maybe other people prefer to just walk or go on their own transport!"

[Ms. Ori] "Interesting! Tell me, what are the times when the bus passes by the students to go to school?
do they arrive on time?"

[K. Lee] "Oh, well.." She'd scrolled on her phone, looking for the school schedule. She'd take a look before place her phone away. "On the loudspeakers and notifications I get it is usually announced that buses run from 7:30 to breakfast time...
about 8:40 a.m.. During that time we have a free period so I guess so! They will probably be on time, although it still depends
on the number of students and how long it takes the driver to get to the school."

[Ms. Ori] "Notifications? so the school sends notifications to cell phones?"
chestnut2 (1).png

[K. Lee] Nod Nod. "Yes! A small notification pops up on my screen when the bus is about to pass, we are warned
about 10 minutes before so that we have time to get to the bus stop."

[Ms. Ori] "Ooo... okay.. okay.. And what can you tell me about the trains? Do you consider that they could also
be used to get to school?"

[K. Lee] "Well, I guess it may depend on who and where you live, but if you live far away and have a train station nearby,
you can get to school easily!"

[Ms. Ori] "And what can you tell me about the time the train takes?"

[K. Lee] "Well, I haven't noticed that since mostly when I enter the train station, there is a train arriving or waiting! I have to admit that I
may have missed a train or two... but nothing to worry about! Trains run just minutes after the other one leaves, so this is an advantage
for me if I need to get somewhere and I've missed the train.
"

[Ms. Ori] "To err is human, I have missed a MILLON trains in my life...'' Let out a soft chuckle "Tell me Lee, what do you think about the fact
that these services are for public use, meaning that you don't have to pay an extra fare or a train ticket as it used to be."

[K. Lee] "I find it amazing! although as I mentioned before that I was not there the day this was launched, in the city where
I lived paying for a train ticket was so tedious... looking for coins or forgetting your wallet was horrible, and I saw people complaining because
they missed their ticket or their train, as there were perhaps huge lines to buy a ticket. Likewise, there are students who simply can't or just don't want to
pay an extra fare just to have someone drive you to school for I don't know.... 2000 yen a day? This service is quite good for those who want to save a
little bit or just avoid going all over the city just to get to school or literally anywhere.
"

[Ms. Ori] "What could you say about the train stations? Are its locations good?"

[K. Lee] "Yes indeed! The stations are located at various points in the city, I haven't explored them all but I know these take
you to the beach, to the shopping district, to the plaza obviously... and to the dorms! These points are pretty good, as they are right or fairly
close to apartments, stores, stuff like that, so you only have to walk a little bit to get to your destination
, it's very nice!
"

[Ms. Ori] "Interesting.. Very interesing.. Which station do you consider the most “popular” or frecuently used by citzens?"

[K. Lee] "It is probably the Zakani station, as it is right at the plaza where most of the places that people frequent
are, such as the school, apartments, the business park, etc.
"

[Ms. Ori] "Has sense.. Last question ma'am.. Which transportation would you consider to be better?"

[K. Lee] Lee placed her hand on her chin, thinking for a second "It depends.. but.. in my opinion, it would be the trains. I don't just say that because they take
you to every station and obviously they will take you to other placesthan school, but also because if the bus is full or simply that day the bus
can't go to school, the trains are your salvation so to speak, they go by faster.. they have more capacity.. etcetera! Although simply if you live close.. you can..
you can walk, it also works.
"

[Ms. Ori] "I see, very interesting opinion ma'am! Thanks Lee, it was a pleasure having you here.."

[K. Lee] Nodnod "Anytime Ms Kaede!
"

[Ms. Ori] "You heard that, dear listeners! But tell me, what is your opinion? Which transport could be better? Don't forget to tune in!
Bye bye!"

[K. Lee] "GOODBYE EVERYONE!!"

[!] The broadcast ends, and the music of the day begins to be heard: Earth, Wind & Fire - September [!]

[OOC]
Additional Information:

As I mentioned at the beginning, I am from Mexico, it is easier for me to understand written
English than spoken, so I apologize if that is a problem.
By the way, that head on the top of the report was Kaede's old skin, just that i got it reshadeddd
Likewise, thank you for considering my application!​

Attachments

• imagen_2024-09-25_183839200.png
    imagen_2024-09-25_183839200.png
    441.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread