mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted ♥ Music Teacher Application ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3ndMyLov3

Level 2
IGN (In Game Name): babyymel

Previous bans: Please do understand that I've gotten banned millions of times due to me being expelled.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, I do.

Describe your activity on the server: I am quite active on the server. On weekdays I am on from 15:o0-00:o0 and on weekends 13:o0 - 7:o0 AM. But on Thursday's I have singing lessons for 20 minutes and after that, I feel tired, so I go to bed early.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Yes, I do have TeamSpeak3.

Do you have a microphone? Yes

List your current and past applications: I haven't made any other applications than this one.

What is your motivation for applying?: I wish to see students succeed in their school career, school is one of the most essential part of the students' life and I want to make sure that they are given the best education so they can succeed in what career they want when they are older. Another reason is that I am currently an expelled student and due to my experience of being expelled, I don't want this happening to students.

Have you read the mega thread for Teachers?
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
Yes, I have read everything.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do? I would plan a music tour trip to the Bruges and Ghent in Belgium. A month before we departure, in the classes, I will prepare a choir to sing songs and play instruments to perform in Belgium.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class: Don't intrude me whilst I'm talking, if you want to say anything, raise your hand. You have to sing, you can't just sit there doing nothing at all.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): We start off by sitting down on chairs that are placed in a circle. Our music teacher is kind of boring, because we only play games and play instruments, and I like to sing, but we literally never sing. I also like to play the piano. I don't have much experience with teaching, However, I do have an idea of what they do. Teachers are there to educate students and to help them succeed in life.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

Trainee

Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)

Qualified Teacher (QT)

Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the mega thread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes, I have.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? I wouldn't want to change anything, I love all the teachers, they make me laugh.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers can be very strict, but sometimes funny and chill. Their purpose is to teach children things that are important for your future, and good to know. The average annual salary for a teacher is approximately $55,000 per year, but in-game the teachers get 250000¥ monthly. In my school, our teachers are very strict when they teach, but outside of school they're like my friends, and they always make me laugh. In my main teachers spare time, she reads a lot and watches many TV-shows. She doesn't give us that much homework because she thinks homework is boring, and she can feel our pain. Teachers in-game normally hang by the family store or run around looking for misbehaving kids.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: If there wouldn't be any teachers on the server, it wouldn't be alive at all, and they're really important because they're the ones teaching the students, and if there is a school but no teachers, it's not realistic at all. In real life, if there would be a school without teachers, there wouldn't really be a purpose going to school, it would just be empty.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Trainee
This means you are the newest. You will have this rank for a few days. You are not allowed to start up new classes and you are not assigned to work for any teacher, you have to come into lessons and sit down (make sure to ask for permission) and start to learn from them. You basically have to know how the lessons work and how to have a productive class. Another thing you can do is take this time to impress the SLT members by reporting if they are doing anything wrong that goes against the CoC.

Newly Qualified Teacher
This means you are now more of an advanced teacher and you have the right to start a lesson, just make sure that before you start a lesson you must still check with your HD and in the role play documents check for what you will be teaching. You now don't have to follow the lesson plans by the book, but you must at least cover some key parts. As an NQT you will still be guided by higher ranks and you are allowed to make errors. You are not allowed to let Trainees in to watch you.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills
You are now in the norm for teachers. You now have permission to start a class whenever you want during school hours but discuss with other teachers of you may collaborate. You should not make any errors or mistakes due to your experience. You are also allowed to let Trainees into your classes but you do not have the skills to train them.

Head of Department
You may not get this rank if someone in the department you teach already is it. However, you may be given Co-HD. If you do become an HD then it is your responsibility to plan what lessons will be taught amongst your department, including lesson plans.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: Must have, Could have, Should have.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future? Melanie Thompson is a twenty-five-year-old girl. She has red/orange-ish hair. She's very pale and she gets called cute a lot. She loves to sing and she can play the piano. She loves kids, but she can't tolerate bullying. If she sees someone getting bullied, she gets pissed. She likes the teachers because they give her a good laugh all the time. She's very nice and shy, and she hates to be mean, but sometimes she has to. She's funny but very mature. She can also be loud sometimes, and her laugh is cute but weird. In the future, she wants to find the love of her life, and have kids. She mostly wants to have two boys, because she didn't have any female friends when she grew up, all of her friends were boys. And she thinks boys have a better sense of humor than girls. She also wants to live in a big cozy house by the ocean.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Tell them to stop cursing/swearing on school grounds, or if they don't stop, discuss it with the principal. She could also call their parents (but in-game they doesn't have any parents so that would be kind of hard).

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? Get a chair and stand on it, and then say ''Stop talking and listen to me! Or I'll give all of you detention!'', or start playing a popular song that everyone likes, to distract them from their talking.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
In the teacher lounge, my character pretty much minds her own business. She may mark some homework or class work and have a small chat with other teachers.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Looks at [name] who's raising her/his hand and says ''yes [name]?''
/me Hands out papers with lyrics on to everyone
/me Sits down on the piano stool and starts playing the piano
/me Starts singing a song with all the students
/me Points at [name] and says ''Stop talking!''

BACKSTORY
Melanie was born in the west of LA, California. She grew up in quite a wealthy family and pretty much lived a good life for now. She had two older brothers, her mom, and dad. Melanie's school life was just fine, she had many friends who were loyal to her, however she did suffer from dyslexia. Melanie found it quite hard to read and understand some things in her classes. Another problem that kept on occurring in her life was that her parents kept on fighting every night and they lose focus on her. Her parents didn't really have the time to help with school work, they were just too busy arguing. This made Melanie feel like she was not much to her parents and it felt like all the good memories years ago were nothing to them. Usually, her two older brothers were asked to take care of her but they were also busy with their exams and college. Soon at the age of 15, Melanie's parents had a divorce. This affected her quite badly but in a way she knew something like this would've happened. Her dad moved away to Italy whilst she, her brothers and her mom moved to the other side of California. Months later, Melanie's mother found herself a new man. He looked quite old for her but she loved him, though this relationship was quite a mistake. He encouraged Melanie's mom to become an alcoholic and bribed to her how great it was. So she did, she had massive glasses of wine, beers, and spirits every night with her boyfriend. Melanie's mom would pass out drunk every night and she would have to be the one to help he, she was even fired from her job. At this time, her brothers moved out of the house and moved to Tokyo, Japan. Melanie was sick and wanted to move out of the house. She contacted child services but they did not help much. All they said was that you have to get evidence of this, such as how much is she drinking and what drinks does she take, otherwise you are just sounding like a kid who just hates their mom. Soon at the age of 16, Melanie managed to get in contact with her dad in Italy asking if she could save up a plane ticket to Italy. Sadly he said no and he moved on with a new family with a new wife. Now, this was the time she hated him, he just got a new wife and kids without telling her. She yelled at him about this for hours, telling him how much he doesn't care about his first family. She then managed to call her brothers in Tokyo and they had room in their house for her. They sent her a plane ticket to Japan and a month Later she left straight away. When she arrived, she managed to improve her school work and get great grades. She had a massive interest in music, she played the piano and flute very well. She was in grade 8 for both! She then went to the University of Tokyo where she graduated and got a degree in music. She moved to Takashima and is now trying to find a job as a music teacher.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Melanie Skyla Thompson Addison
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Melanie
Preferred Name: Melanie

Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: American
Current Location: Japan, Takashima

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 2

Academic Degree: Music Degree

Year of Graduation: 2010
Major(s): Art, Music
Minors: Maths, Science

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: None

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No
Preferred Teaching Subject: Music

Additional notes about your application (if any): After summer break I won't be on as much as I am now, but I'll still go on the server for at least 4 hours per day.

Last edited:

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
Accepted
You have met the expectations of the teacher rank on schoolRP.
Note:
You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
You would need to apply the school trip on the forums, And Ducks would need to accept it for it to be allowed.
Although Mel I would like the talk to you before you get the rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread