Previous bans (include appeal links):
None

Discord Tag:
Washu#5174

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yup, as of writing I do.

Timezone & Country:
GMT+3 | Qatar
I’m currently present in Qatar, at my dad’s place, however, I’ll be headed to Australia for Uni during February 2023 – I’ll have a dramatic time-zone change from GMT+3 (Qatar) to GMT+11 (Australia).

Describe your activity on the server:
Extremely active. On a scale of 1 – 10, I would argue I stand at a decent 9.5/10. Clearly not the most active on the server, however, I’d just refer to my ability to perform well in other factions. For example, as a teacher, I managed to hit a total of 50 classes hosted in a month. I generally spend a solid 1-2 hours on SRP at the very least daily when I’m not exceptionally busy. At most upwards of 6 hours if I’m really feeling it.

I’ve recently moved to my dad’s place and literally got all summer (Till Feb 2023). After summer, my activity will likely take a hit but not by a huge margin. I can’t say for certain as I begin uni again and I’m unsure what my routine is going to allow for.

Sidenote: I’m likely going to be switching up my hours of the day I’ll be active during when I head to Australia as, well, drastically differing time zones. (From GMT+3 to GMT+11)

✦ ════ஓ๑ APPLICATION INFORMATION ๑ஓ════

What position are you applying for?:

Lawyer

What is your motivation for applying?:
I have a number of reasons to consider entering the Government faction – and a few more for specifically for the role of Lawyer – that I’ve categorized according to whether they’re an IC motive or an OOC motive.

IC Motives:

One of Washu’s personal motives is to be within the same workplace as his significant other. He finds spending time with them is his favorite pastime and, after realizing she had also shared a liking towards politics, he figured why not look into it himself and see where it takes him. Washu had spent most his life intrigued by politics yet uneasy about taking the leap and pursuing it. Seeing his significant other’s interest piqued by politics, he found their dedication towards pursuing their dream job inspiring and figured he’d go at it as well.

Moreover, another motive of his would be his desire to bring due justice and protect the potentially innocent by abiding by the law and utilizing the “lawyer handbook” to best achieve said goal. Lawyers are more than just people who accuse and defend clients, they are people who potentially hold the future of their clients in their hands. Thus, they must conduct themselves accordingly, provide the necessary support required with care, and understand that their clients instill their trust in lawyers – this means providing honest and factual work disregarding any potential biases. Said justice and court cases could also be avoided by providing legal advice in hopes people having been informed on the laws are more likely to avoid committing or becoming victim to said crime.

OOC Motives:

Firstly, my initial aspiration when I first joined the server was to get involved in SRP’s politics – namely the Government faction. I find politics fascinating in-real life, although I understand real-world politics are to be kept away from a Minecraft server, as it’s not an appropriate place to be discussing sensitive matters, I would like to see myself involved in heated, yet constructive and professional, debate that involves and affects matters within SRP. I had a vague idea as to what role I wanted to pursue. At first it looked like being a judge was most appealing, however now, I find my interests have shifted towards being a lawyer.

Secondly, during my time as a teacher, I realized I made a larger name for myself on the server and made many friends! I found that joining and participating within different factions on SRP is a great way to better integrate yourself into the community and better understand the server’s function as a whole. I’ve been able to advise newer players on the school’s functions as I’ve been working as a teacher, furthermore, I found newer players came to me a lot more and it has been a humbling experience working closely with them – I realized the struggles new players had to deal with and it helped me prevent myself and others from judging players who may lack the ability to RP as well as others simply because they’re new to it. Moreover, I found myself able to develop my character by meeting new people. I’ve developed Washu’s personality and had him become more of a father-figure, inspired by the newer players requesting his support, rather than his previous persona that consisted of him being more of a “menace to society”.

Thirdly, I’d like to also develop my RP in general. I’ve recently picked up on the ability to effectively detailRP and would appreciate being surrounded by those who put it into practice within a workplace environment. This would assist in developing my RP skillset and allow me to more seriously RP during my time in SRP.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes, I’m aware of the current laws and constitutional rights that affect and are involved in SRP. I’ve got a relatively basic understanding of the legal system and I’m definitely willing to learn more during my time in the Government Faction. Furthermore, I’m also aware that the website is being updated soon and I’m assuming the staff may touch on the rules / laws of Karakura. I’ll be updating myself on a regular weekly basis of laws to ensure I’m completely up-to-speed with all laws and potential changes.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
Washu comes from a relatively unheard of village on the outskirts of Moscow. He finds that most his life he disliked the notion of his voice going unheard when he vouches for change. One of his primary goals would be able to provide a safer Karakura and to serve the people. He would like to see a reduction in overall crime rate by providing efficient clearcut legal advice and ensuring Karakura operations function accordingly. Furthermore, a Karakura that functions by law prevents accidental arrests and prison time – thus ensuring Washu and his circle can roam around Karakura knowing they won’t be blind sided by the law at any point.

Furthermore, another one of Washu’s goals is to make his family proud. He’d like to create a name for himself, as well as his family in Karakura. He’d like the Kuznetsov name to be associated with respect and dignity. Moreover, Washu is currently in a committed relationship and would like to support the household monetarily whilst still having additional income that can be utilized to meet the ‘wants’ of the occupants in said household – providing luxury goods to his inner circle warms washu’s heart as he’s very much prefers giving than receiving in every sense.

Another goal of Washu’s is his intention to be more involved in Karakura. He’d like to see the decisions and actions he takes create real-world effects and how his choices benefit his local community. The notion of Washu giving a voice to those potentially marginalized in the courtroom and, having him be a strong believer in “innocent until proven guilty”, assisting in a fair trial.

Washu would also like to build a community for himself within his workplace. He values friendships and hopes to find people he can relate to whilst in the workplace and build connections through there. Having a network of connections in government can assist him in building his name and helping him understand the entirety of governmental functions in its entirety – as he can always observe how other’s work and interact.

Furthermore, being a lawyer would improve Washu’s influence in-general where he may have to represent someone in less formal matters. This may not be a major incentive towards being a lawyer, however it’s a great way to settle debates as the soft skills he’ll have picked up would then be applicable outside the courtroom. This could be great for de-escalating arguments, especially useful in a place like Karakura where people are generally quite violent – Washu of all people would know.

Finally, Washu strives towards providing an environment where lawyers can practice law freely and independently to effectively fulfill their role in upholding the rule of Karakura law and the protection of human rights. Moreover, lawyers should be able to do their job without improper interference or fear of reprisal. This should be applicable everywhere, even when that does not suit the government or association’s interests.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
A lawyer – a range of different names like (in the UK) solicitor, barrister, or (in the US) attorney – is a defender, an accuser, and a deliverer of justice. Lawyers are expected to conduct themselves professionally as they practice law in any workplace environment, from the courtroom to governmental body buildings. Their jobs involves meeting clients – establishing their needs and how to best help – , researching relevant areas of law – then using said research to advise their clients on their options – , acting on behalf of clients in negotiations and representing them in court, or sign contracts. Furthermore, lawyers are expected to be present during court cases to provide witness testimonies and read out their corresponding statements.

There are differing positions a lawyer can be. Lawyers may undertake the responsibility of becoming a Divorce Lawyer, Criminal Lawyer, Intellectual Property Lawyer, or Family Lawyer.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Yes, I’m aware.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Yup, I understand applying or a position comes with the aforementioned expectation. During my time as a Teacher, I worked towards making sure my dedication was evident by providing 50 Biology classes in a month. That’s 5 times more than the minimal monthly quota – with an additional 25 not accounting to any bonus money but rather just to signify my dedication.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
Yep, I understand leaving OOC matters away from IC events is a core function of RP in general, and especially in SRP. Furthermore, it’s punishable and considered FailRP.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes, read and agreed to all laws that the Karakura government has established.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
For the most part, yes. As I’m currently on summer vacation as mentioned above, however, my availability can fluctuate from time-to-time. If, on occasional one-offs, I’m unable to attend I’ll have informed the faction beforehand and why I’m unable to attend.

✦ ════ஓ๑ IN CHARACTER SECTION ๑ஓ════

Full name:

Washu Drakos Kuznetsov

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Mr.

Current age:

Date of birth:

21 JAN 1993

Academic Degree:
Masters

Bachelors

Major(s):

Law [reference]
History and Russian Language [reference]

Minor(s):
English Literature

Work experience:

4 Years – Professional Tutoring [21 – 25]

Washu has always been invested in the academic side of things. He found that after his bachelors, he could earn some decent cash by performing tutoring. It paid very well and he decided to turn it full-time tutoring almost every single day of the week. He would find it paid well enough to satisfy him as he still lived with his uncle, until he eventually moved out and he had to find a real job that would sustain him.

4 Years – Cashier: Yeobo [25 – 29]

Furthermore, Washu also saw placement at Yeobo, the local candy store in karakura, where he worked to provide quality and professional cashier services. This granted him skills within the hospitality department as it required him to be welcoming and understanding with customers. He found this had helped sustain him and towards the later years, 26 onwards, it would act more like a side hustle that helped him bring in extra cash whenever possible.

1 Year – Biology teacher: Karakura High School [26 – 27]
Washu was a Biology teacher at Karakura high school; there had been a slight mix-up with his entrance as he applied for History and was accepted on the basis he provided Biology lessons – he found this unreasonable and left soon after realizing Biology simply wasn’t in his interest. He worked closely with students as a high school teacher and volunteering all throughout. This instilled a deep amount of patience within Washu as high school students were very much one of the larger obstacles he had to face in his time. This would bring in a large portion of his money allowing him to provide to the household and provide those “nice-to-haves” to people within his inner circle.

Political background:
Washu doesn’t have a very strong presence in politics in Karakura. He believes everyone has to formally “start somewhere”. In terms of Washu’s political views, Washu is considered a authoritarian leftist. Washu is an avid believer in the ideologies presented by the Left-wing Authoritarianism (LWA) and, although he respects people’s opinions differ, he aims to uphold his values when practicing law. Meaning, he believes the collective must rely on an individual to submit themselves to the common good of the collective, because they should view their membership to collective group identity as being more meaningful than to each individual than any individual identity could be.

LWA asks you to value your relationship to strangers you’ve never met as being of the same species. This is where Washu’s belief of equality stems, he believes that individuals in power should work solely towards the benefit of the majority of their society. This is about individualism for the collective – this means organizations being okay with an individual succeeding. It’s about going beyond simply reconciling individualism and harnessing it for collective growth.

As for how much Washu has dwelled within politics, he found that he very much enjoyed the concept of debate. Politics had piqued his interest as it was a real-world application of debate and he’d understand that developing his abilities to debate would only further his abilities and add value to him as a person. He’d involve himself in numerous debate clubs during his schooling years, they’d be hectic and go nowhere yet they’d be enjoyable nonetheless, and during his time at university where he would involve himself in debate societies hosted by his fellow peers at said university – the latter providing a more professional environment with more standardized debate ruling provided by the 1957 publication of McCoy, G. in Competitive Debate: Rules and Techniques.

Nationality & born location:
Russian; born in Moscow, Russia.

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
Russian

Gaelic

Japanese

Criminal record:
None

What makes you a good candidate for this job?

What makes Washu a good candidate is that not only is he true and honest, but he’s also honest with himself. If he finds that a certain task can’t be done for whatever reason, or an outcome was unjust, he’s the sort of person to speak up about it; he especially cares for his coworkers and those around him. Washu is the sort of person to not be able to standby as injustice unfolds before him, this ensures an environment involving Washu may be indirectly safer as he believes everything should be done “by the book” – meaning, respect all laws regardless. Furthermore, Washu is typically messy on the outside, however on the inside he is a rather calm and collected person able to act in a professional manner even when provided with the most outrageous situations – this stems from his experience in academics and dealing with the notorious kids of Karakura. This is an important concept as courtrooms and legal matters in general should not be taken lightly as regardless of how outrageous the situation is, Washu’s individual feelings must not be taken into account as not only does it stray away from the primary focus of satisfying the role of ‘Lawyer’ in different scenarios, but also the fact that decisions made do in fact affect the outcome and due processes that the average Karakura citizen has to go through. Said effects of Karakura’s citizen’s processes directly affects their livelihood.

Washu is also an avid believer that so long as you can breathe, you are still able to learn something new. Even if he’s unable to grasp a concept at first, he’ll go that extra mile to ensure he’s not only on par, but rather providing that above-and-beyond quality of work – to the best of his ability of course. He quite enjoys when people critique his work, in fact he even invited constructive criticism as it’s allowing him to identify his flaws through an outsider’s perspective on the way he functions as a lawyer; when surrounded by academics in a professional setting, said outsider’s perspective becomes even more valuable and insightful.

Finally, I believe Washu would be a great candidate and his current successes speak for themselves. In his first term as a teacher, he exceeded the status quo by 5-fold. He is a firm believer in staying true to his work; when he applies for a position, he expects himself to perform to exceed expectations. He has quite high standards of himself and values his ability to remain calm and think outside the box when placed under pressure. Furthermore, Washu is a man of family and hopes to build a community within his hopefully newfound where he can find others he can relate to when he becomes a lawyer.

════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ════════╝​

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 194
Administrator
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
REVIEWED

Unfortunately I've decided to DENY this application.

Thank you for applying for the Government faction, we liked your application, however we had to deny it due to us having no spots left on the Lawyer Roster. You are welcome to re-apply when more spots open if you wish!

Users who are viewing this thread