players online

惑星 - Wakusei Arcade

znia

Level 38
znia
znia
Rich

IGN:
I’m applying on the account meiqsi however, my other accounts include ivlgi, znia, cheunbi and kugia

Discord:
My discord is -> miichuu#0013

Describe your activity on the server:
I’d rate my activity about an 8, I’m usually online whenever I can be and when I’m not I’ll be working on things relating to the server such as skins. To me, SRP has become a part of my daily life ever since I joined and it will likely stay that way for a long time to come.

Previous applications:
This is in order of newest - oldest (I didn’t include item requests or rank fixes.)

EDIT: I have applied for other things since this application was submitted such as EMS/Doctor, Languages, Height and most notably mod which have all been accepted. I won't include links as this isn't hugely important in my opinion and there are plenty of examples of past applications below.

ACCEPTED - Lawyer App #1
ACCEPTED - Lang App #10-
ACCEPTED - Lang App #9
ACCEPTED - KPD App #1
ACCEPTED - Lang App #8
DENIED - Lang App #7
ACCEPTED - Lang App #6
DENIED - Lang App #5
ACCEPTED - Lang App #4
DENIED - Lang App #3
DENIED - Lang App #2
DENIED - Lang App #1
DENIED - Asthma App #1

As you can see my applications have improved over time and my more recent applications have a much higher acceptance rate.

Previous warns/kicks/bans:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/ban-appeal.37740/
This was my most recent ban appeal, It was discussed via dm and accepted after I had, appealed which is why it is marked as denied still I believe. (26-11-2020)
|
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ban-appeal.24317/
This was only bypassing because my alt’s hadn’t been unbanned. (05-05-2020)
|
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ban-appeal.22879/
This was for glitching some time before the last one. (05-05-2020)

All of these bans are over 6 months - A year ago and I have since learnt from this and don’t believe I will be getting any more in the future.

Shop wanted:

If possible I would like Unowned Shop #1 (the former location of Tsuki Kissaten) but If not then I would like the old lot for Koribureku.
If neither are available I will be happy to take given the chance.

EDIT: As Unowned Shop #1 has been taken I'd like the old Koribureku location or any available.

Why do you want to own a shop?:

The Shop-Owner role is an extremely limited one amongst the community and I would like the chance to experience the unique type of roleplay that comes along with it. I have wanted for around a year for and although my previous application was denied I believe I have much matured and grown. Since then I have been given the wonderful chance to work in multiple shops as an employee. These shops include Shinboshi Sakaya, Family Store, Joyoung, Tsuki Kissaten and Mozukai, although I hadn’t had the chance to open in Mozukai. It is this experience I intend to use and put to the test, moulding it into my own creation of a shop I hope will bring the same enjoyment to employees and customers that these have done for me.

I wish to provide a form of entertainment for the many players like myself, who aimlessly wander the plaza or simply grind attributes in their spare time because they are struck with boredom on the server when there isn’t much to do such as school or events. Like many others, I find this to be an issue I am often faced with on the server and I hope to help improve upon this and help others on the server have fun, much like how the Bowling Alley does except this would be open much more often.

What do you plan to do with the shop?:

This is a rough breakdown of what I plan to do with the Arcade, although if there are any issues they can of course be discussed and changed via DMs. I am open to editing and changing parts if there is a better way it can be done and if there is a specific part wrong I would be happy to work on that.

I hope to open an absolute minimum of 3 times a week, many of these openings will likely be double openings in order to provide customers more time to explore and play games.

Hopefully, openings will happen on somewhat of a schedule. I want to try and open on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays although this may change depending on how things go. Ideally, I’d open from 5-7 pm BST as that tends to be when I’m free and people are active but I’d also like to open when fewer people are active and at different times to give people in different timezones a chance to experience the store.

Event Renting is something I would like to implement in the store. I believe it is something that is already a part of SRP in places like the luxe although I think it would be a good addition here too.

I probably wouldn’t accept more than 2-3 rentals a month at the most however this would not affect openings. During a rent period, the customer would have a certain amount of time in which they have the store to themselves along with a group of five friends. Additional guests would cost extra as it requires more employees to work.

During this time, they’d be allowed to play games for free since they had already paid the cost of the rental and if we were allowed to sell food we would allow them to order food and drinks for free too. Additional items like merchandise would likely stay at sales price although during parties and events that part of the store would likely be closed.

-
Alongside event renting I also hope for the store to occasionally hold event days of a sort in which we’d put a twist on the arcade experience! One of the events I had in mind was inspired by the game FNaF, in which the animatronics come to life during the night and you play as the security guard in a Pizzaria which also includes an arcade.

The event would have our employees dressing up as the various animatronics and interacting with customers within their suits. The FNaF game is one I enjoy as it involves lore and I love the idea of a Pizzeria/Arcade venue similar to the one I wish to own here.

This of course may not be done as I understand there may be things that affect how well this would work but I think it would be a fun idea. Alongside this, we could sell limited edition items such as Chica’s Cupcake, Bonnie’s guitar, Foxy’s hook or many others that could fit along with the theme of the game!

I feel like this specific event would fit well with the store being an arcade in the entertainment industry, here to entertain the youth of today through gaming in a way nowhere else has on SRP. FNaF is one of the biggest games to this day and is a huge part of the community so I think it would be a great way to help bring video games to life in an environment that would allow others to RP and have a good time.

Crowd Control will be important as there is a chance many people would be interested in seeing the new and exciting addition to SRP, should it be accepted.

To make sure we have a steady flow of people there will be a small queuing section at the entrance to the store along with an exit to the side so that guests are able to leave without people trying to minge to get inside.

The reason I wish to put this in place is to help with the issue of chat becoming overcrowded with game actions since it is a fairly small space to work with from how I remember the bakery. I don’t know the exact size but I want to try and space things out as well as possible and not have too much too close together.

The Arcade would have many games as it is a key part of the store. These are the plans I have in place for some of the games that will be in the store although if it is to be accepted I would likely add more games along with suggestions.

Every once in a while I’d like to update games and add new ones to ensure customers always have a new experience and the excitement within the store lingers and doesn’t get old or boring quickly. They’d likely only be changed after a couple of months and not all games would be changed, Ideally, 2-3 would be replaced each time and the crowd favourites would likely stay the same.

Replacing games would help to keep the store fresh so it doesn’t get boring with the amount of opening we have compared to other entertainment-based stores.

DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION (DDR)
DDR is a game loved by many not only in the real world but hopefully in the roleplay world too. This game will require an employee to run it and the way they will is through /it’s.

Each game will last 3 rounds and have two players. The employee working would begin with a /it such as the ones below, these will contain a series of directions. The two players will then have to /me to complete said directions before the other and the first to complete it will receive a point. They will do this 3 times and whoever has 2 or more points by the end will win the game. I may add a system in which the most detailed action could also win but if actions are too long it may contribute to chat flooding.

The screenshots below display what the actions would look like.

Arcade Hoops
Arcade Hoops is a fairly simple game in which you throw as many balls into the hoop as you can within a minute however this will work differently within SRP. My plan for this would be for it to be a one-person game, This could either work two ways but to assure that no employees are playing favourites it will likely work on somewhat of a roll system.

The player would action them throwing the balls into the hoop, for example:
/me she’d grab the basketballs as they rolled down, throwing them each individually as fast as possible.

The player would then roll out of 60 to see how many they could score within one minute, the result would be their score. If it works out there may be a prize/ticket system implemented in which different scores will earn you a different amount of tickets that can be traded in for prizes such as toys or candy.

Air Hockey
Arcade Air Hockey is one of my personal favourite games to play at the arcade so my plan for this one could also go two ways. I aim to have a roleplay element to every game so that you have to emote to play, I feel like this would make the store more interactive and really bring both the games and store to life.

This would involve a simple back and forth action, each player actioning themselves, and aiming for the goal on the other side or blocking. They would either roll to succeed in blocking or the employee working would roll out of 2 for a 50/50 chance. 1 = Red Point 2 = Blue Point. Other variations could be added such as rolling out of 10 and doing evens as scoring points for red, and odds for blue.

Racing/Driving Games
The racing games in arcades are another one of my personal favourites and will be a two-player game much like DDR, an employee will work beside the machine providing /it’s for the players to follow for example,

/it [!] The screen would light up as the game started and the two players were given the chance to select a car.
/it [!] There would be a sharp left turn ahead, followed by a right immediately after.
/it [!] The finish line was directly ahead of the players now.

Once the finish line is in sight, the first player to action crossing the finish line would be the winner. There would be more actions leading up to this, of course, my hope is that people end up having up to 4-6 or so actions between the starting and ending screens.

/it [!] The game screen showed a slow-motion replay along with the words “Player One has won the game!!”

Claw Machines
Claw Machines would be one of the harder ones to implement and likely wouldn’t be added until the ticket system is also implemented, or there is a more solid system for them in general since I do not want to add to the chat flooding because somebody would like to win a stuffed toy.

If the building was big enough in terms of length we’d probably have less of an issue with this as there is only a certain distance.

Joystick Machines
Examples of Joystick Machines would be games like Flappy Bird, Crossy Road, Tetris, Pacman and AI versions of other games. These would be the most simple to run and wouldn’t require roleplaying, Although it is optional. This could give people a break if they get tired from roleplaying at different games while still providing a fun experience.

These could be run on online websites such as the ones listed below. Employees would work at these machines and will simply put the link into /itc near each machine for example,
/itc Tetris Link!!

Here are some of the websites I had in mind:

The obvious flaw within this system is that people may stay at a certain game, or machine, for too long, and those without multiple monitors would not see if an employee has asked them to move or leave to make room for others. The easiest solution for this would be for staff to remove them after they have been on the game for a while.

The other possible system was that you’d roll out of a certain number for each game to see what your score was on it, this would reduce chat crowding or rolling for every move in the game. Along with this, it would allow the employees to see the scores so if the ticket system were to be implemented they could present you with the correct amount.

Karaoke Machines
During its time on SRP, many people enjoyed visiting or singing at the Karaoke Restaurant and I believe they would enjoy this machine too! Karaoke would work very similar to the Racing Games and Dance Dance Revolution.

An employee would stand by and /it aspects of the game such as notes or lyrics. I have not yet decided how much of a song will be played, such as the chorus, opening or even the full song. They may be given a certain amount of lines they can action with, this is to make sure a person or group do not stay on at the machine for too long.

/it the bars would continue moving across the screen, suggesting a higher note coming up.

/it the screen would be lit up, a small circle hopping across the lyrics as they were to be sung, “-insert song lyrics-“

alternatively, people could freely sing whichever song they choose upon entering the booth without the actions from employees. This would give the customers more freedom with actions and go at their own pace as well as reducing chat crowding once again.

In addition, if they wish they could roll for their final score of accuracy in order to receive tickets, provided the ticket system was implemented.

-

Although the systems for some of these games are not the best I will likely improve upon them further and make more solid systems. If you have any questions or suggestions on how these games or other games may work within the server I will be happy to discuss it further in DMs.

Monthly Passes and Bundles is a unique thing that I cannot recall having seen currently on SRP. Although there are discount cards and such for shops like Donki, I haven’t seen anything like a monthly pass or bundle.

Monthly Passes will be reset on the 1st of every month, there would be a pass for each month that you could buy in order to get free entry for the month. If you bought a pass on the 18th of February for example, it would not extend to the 18th of March.

Monthly passes would likely cost around ¥50,000 and the standard entry fee would be around ¥5,000. Although this may seem like quite a bit for a small arcade, the money would go towards paying employees as the machines will cost a lot less. Since we can only fit a limited amount of games I’d rather have a slightly pricey entry fee so that people are able to enjoy the games for a cheap price and still be able to emulate the fun of wasting away their money and arcade games much like real life.

I’d like to keep track in a spreadsheet preferably that would look something like this. This would allow employees to simply search up the name within the system.

-
Bundles will be for those who come to buy items. These will not be implemented straight away as I plan to order a set of customs, but the current one I had in mind was a Pikachu bundle. Pikachu is a beloved and well-known character and these are some of the items I’d plan to have in them. Alternatively, it could also be a pokemon package. I hope to have multiple of these bundles at some point but for now, this is just one example of what customs a bundle might include.

Bundles would just be a small selection of items to a particular theme that could be sold at a discount when bought together, whether this is a buy 3 get 1 free type thing or a 20% discount.

These are some custom items that I’d like to sell at the arcade and if I do decide to implement the tickets then they will likely also be prizes to be won as well!

Cup body: borosilicate glass (heat resistant 100°C) Straw: food grade PC (cannot resist temperature >70°C)  Adorable sailor moon bottles! Order now and get your own <3

I will go into more detail here about the jobs of each employee, how I want to manage the store and how it will work in general as I am aware it is a very different type of store than others on SRP.

Shop Owner
If this is accepted then I will be Shop Owner, this role will stay fairly similar to most other stores other than my management style.

I will be there to teach employees how to work machines and assure them that they are able to do it. All new employees will be required to partake in a mini test run before we open with them to test they know how to treat customers and work machines if a customer would like to use one.

Alongside this I will handle stock, keeping track of stock and making sure that it lines up with the amounts sold in openings. This is likely going to be a long application so I won’t drag out the duties as I’m sure you’re already aware.

As an owner, I would like to add in additional employee bonuses along with an employee of the month. Each month I would give a bonus to the employee with the most shifts or the employee I feel has been working hard and contributing to the store. I’d also like to try and give out a small bonus to each employee around the holidays. I would pay for this through my own money so that it would not take away from the regular earnings of the employees.

Managers
The Managers will once again be very similar, they will help throughout the store and monitor employees to help report back to me about employee behaviours, attitudes to customers, and general work ethic.

Managers may occasionally help count stock depending on how many items we have, reorganising chests if things get messed up and keeping track of how many openings a month each employee attends although I will likely handle the last one.

Game-Workers
The Game-Workers are the employees who will stand by and monitor games, give /it’s and give instructions to those who don’t understand. Game-Workers may rotate shifts with Cashiers and swap jobs every once in a while.

Cashiers
The Cashiers are one of the most self-explanatory roles in the store, just like most other stores, Cashiers will run the counters and sell items and merchandise throughout the store.

Waiters/Waitresses
If I am to be allowed to sell food and I have enough room, waiters and waitresses will deliver food and drink items to a small section of the store where customers can sit and take a break from long games. Ideally, we’d serve food like pizza and burgers although I don’t think we’d have enough room unless the store was extended back.

Security Guards
The Security Guards will double as line workers, there will likely only be 1 or 2 working at each shift or if they can’t make it a Game-Worker or Cashier could easily take their place.

They will stand at the line and accept any entry fees or passes, They will also be required to keep track of how many people enter, preferably they would also keep track of customer names & entry time although this isn’t necessary and could overcomplicate things.

-

Uniforms
These are the draft up uniforms although this could change. I plan to add different accessories such as headbands that would also be optional.

The uniform may change to only be the vest to allow any employees to express themselves with their own unique styles rather than being confined to a basic uniform. If it is only the vest though I would likely add the addition of some sort of armband or badge on the vest in different colours so it is easier to identify the job of workers.

I may also change the colour to red but as you can see in some of the design screenshots that will be attached under extra, it’s somewhat centred around the colour cyan.

Although this is not a necessary part of the store, I have a backstory and simple lore for this arcade that I would like to expand on as both the store and myself grow over time. I think that bringing lore to a store, whether others care to read or know about it, really helps bring it to life. It is not particularly interesting however it shows the development of the gaming industry.
-

Wakusei Entertainment had first taken off in the 1970s with their introduction of one of the first-ever Arcades in Japan. Their business thrived majorly during the ’70s alongside the growing interest in gaming consoles and arcades. They continued to expand year by year adding new and interesting machines for the public to enjoy.

After many years of business, Wakusei Entertainment introduced their first line of toys that tied in with the Arcade’s style such as flappy bird, Rubix cubes and many more. Although most of the original toys are out of circulation, many are still sold as arcade prizes.

Around the late 80s they noticed the increase in at-home game consoles, specifically game boys, so took it upon themselves to create a game boy with a custom design that could be sold at counters or as the top arcade prize, usually won by those who came to the arcade often and collected a large number of tickets.

Since then the arcade has continued its success, adding in new and interesting toys, accessories, food and games. Now owning multiple locations across Japan, Wakusei Entertainment saw the growing gaming industry within Karakura and decided it would be the perfect location for a new location.

-

The company had started as a family company, the first location being owned and run exclusively by the Oshiroto family. As the company grew, the family realised they would have to expand and find new employees outside of the family circle in order to continue improving and expanding upon their creation.

The Wakusei Entertainment company was originally created during the late 1970s when the owner of the arcade, formerly known under the name of The Oshiroto Arcade, stepped up and formed the company which would allow them to go on to create their own toys, candy and merchandise that would be sold as prizes within the arcade.

Although simple, the name “Wakusei” meant a lot more than it seemed. The name came from a stance of unity among workers and customers to show that everybody would be welcome within the arcade no matter age, ethnicity or sexuality. The word “Wakusei” itself, when translated to english, means planet, and the company intended for this to show their passion to spread joy to those near or far through their products and locations.

The discord server will hopefully be added soon and if it is completed before my app is reviewed then I will make sure to link it here.

-

I'd just like to note that the spoilers where I linked my apps and appeals were glitched btw and I wasn't sure how to fix it!

This is my build design based on the former location of the bakery although the dimensions are slightly off. This can be edited and changed as much as necessary and more screenshots can be provided as I built this all in a single-player world as I wanted to capture the SRP feel and show what it might look like.

Currently, I do not have a strict floor plan since, as I mentioned, I do not know the exact dimensions so it will likely be edited to fit any location as these are inaccurate and was just a rough guess.

-​

I understand that this is a lot and may not all be possible as you can only do so much in Minecraft but this store is something I really want and I am determined to find a way to make this work. The concept of an arcade does seem like a hard one to pull but I believe I could do it and hope you can give me a chance to prove that I am capable. In the case I am not allowed an arcade, my next choice would likely be a Froyo Shop or Smoothie Bar however I'm sure I could improvise with other shop ideas too if the arcade is not allowed...

-​
Whilst I was coming to the end of the application I had noticed that somebody had previously applied for an arcade. Despite this, I will still be applying as I had never intended to copy and I have many unique and ideas I would like to implement along with this store which I am very passionate about and determined to do.​

How will your shop be unique?:

The first reason my shop will be unique is that it would be an arcade, introducing new entertainment that hasn’t been seen yet on SRP. Although Joyoung’s original idea was to include an arcade within the store, it wasn’t functional and was removed fairly quickly after being added as they continued to focus more on selling the gaming products.

I think the addition of an arcade could really help improve the community and benefit the server as a whole by providing it with new roleplaying opportunities. The arcade would introduce many new things to the server that I hope to give other players a chance to experience and enjoy. I included the majority of my ideas above under what I planned to do with the shop as I’m sure you have already seen.

Unlike other shops, the arcade would feature games that are both action-based and roll-based. I feel this will put others roleplaying skills to the test and hopefully help them improve which is something other shops do not provide as they simply look around or sit down and order. I believe that through the arcade being introduced, the entertainment aspects of SRP will be revived further while there are no events and open locations like The Luxe, Bowling Alley or in character parties.

How many employees are you planning to have?:

As you can imagine, The arcade would require many more employees than other stores. Along with this, some of the roles will be responsible for slightly different things than the usual stores which were explained more in the employees and management section under my plans for the store.

[1x] Shop Owner

[2x] Manager

[20x] Cashiers & Game workers

[3x] Security / Line Monitors

Not all people will be working at all times, each opening would require at least 1 person to watch the line and flow of people, likely 2 cashiers and around 5-6 game workers. I explained further under employees and management above.

If I was to be allowed to also serve food then cashiers would be replaced by waiters and waitresses but in that case, we would likely have around 3-4 working instead.

Despite the fact this sounds like a lot of employees, I believe I could handle it with the help manager who would help monitor employees and inform me if anybody was doing particularly good or bad.

Does your character have any college degrees? If so, list it:

My character does not have any college degrees as of now. I planned to take the exam although I was unaware my character had been a few minutes of grade-12 so I was unable to take it. I am currently grade-12 now though.​

Last edited:

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
DENIED
  • I've previously said this before but the idea of having an arcade will not last or work out very well on the server without making the area and chat crowded with /rolls and commands. It'll be hard for players to keep up.
  • The application itself is good though, sadly the theme wasn't the greatest choice. You may re-apply in 7 days

Users who are viewing this thread