_meg

Level 1
[OOC Section]

In Game Name:
__meg

School Employee Role you are Applying For:
School Counselor

How often do you log onto the server?:
Currently, I am on every day for an extensive amount of time, though this will change when school starts to; around 8 hours on weekends and 3-6 hours on weekdays

Do you have discord?
Yes! My user is meg#0869

Do you have a microphone?
Yes, I do. I use it quite often and am able to talk in VCs if needed.

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?:
No, I have never been banned, and I fully intend to keep it as such.

Can you ensure that you will often come on:
Definitely, even if my activity changes so I’m not online for as long, I will be online almost every day.

Do you recognise that you can be ICly fired?:
Yes, I understand this notion and will take it into account fully.

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee. Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it:
The role of a school counselor is to look after the well-being of students in order for them to be able to happily continue their education. This can involve anything, including but not limited to; assisting students with behavioural issues, giving students advice on keeping up with schoolwork and helping with a pupil’s mental health.

A school counselor will reside in the counseling office during school hours, ready to consult any students that may need help. Conversations with these troubled students will take place in the private rooms, where they will not have to doubt the confidentiality of the interaction. Though, of course, this confidentiality may have to be broken slightly, if a student is putting themselves or any others in danger.

Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?:
I have not had any experience with this specifically before, but I have done some research on the job to make up for this, which I believe will help quite a lot.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been roleplaying generally for around four years now, delving into the more detailed form of RP in the past year or so. I have also been a part of the High-School Swim team for approximately three months now which often requires me to detail my roleplay in actions and speech.

[Situations]

During a workshift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?:
I would first attempt to de-escalate the situation, in order to calmly speak to the student without putting myself or any others in harm's way. I would then offer them the chance to talk to me, in order to try to determine the root of the anger they had displayed, and perhaps get them the help they need if something is wrong. If the situation escalates even further, I will inform a member of SLT who is available.

You are doing a hazardous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?:
I would be very cautious in proceeding with this said hazardous job, trying my best to complete it in the safest way possible. In the context of a school counselor, where it may be a task of dealing with a violent student, I would be sure to follow everything I know in order to safely speak to this pupil and perhaps resolve or at least improve the situation.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?:
If another school employee was doing something very dangerous on the job/acting out of order, I would first discuss with them in order to get the full story behind what they may be doing. If they were truly being a danger to themselves or others, or generally acting out of line, then I would report it immediately to a member of SLT in school at the time (or if an extremity, to the member of SLT in-charge of the school employees). Someone who works in a school should not be acting irresponsibly, so I feel it is my duty to protect those around me.

[IC Section]

Applicant Name:
Sayuri Hamilton

Age (Minimum age is 25):

Chosen Job:
School Counselor

Motivation for Joining KHS:
First and foremost, my motivation for joining KHS is rooted in how I believe school counselors play an important role in not only students’ school lives, but also their personal lives to some degree. This is because mental health can become a large issue for many students under immense stress from school, their home lives, or social lives, and school counselors play a big part in beginning to resolve this. I would love to personally play a part in this, as I have always had a passion for helping others with whatever problems they may have. Secondly, I personally believe that the pupils of Karakura are not as aware of the school counselors as they could be, and I would like to change that. I wish to bring awareness to the student’s mental health, or guidance within their career paths.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I would consider myself to be quite a compassionate person, which enables me to empathise with the students of both the high school & college; understand the dilemmas they may face as a teen growing up in the 21th century. Furthermore, many around me have observed I am a great listener. I feel comfortable letting those who step in my office be themselves, embracing anyone of different cultures to come and talk to me about anything - I want to, as a counselor, nurture and flourish a student’s potential.

suneaterchan

Level 105
ACCEPTED
- Your application is up to par with what I look for in applications!
- DM Sun#0040 over Discord whenever possible.

Users who are viewing this thread