_Air_Canada_

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

Yes, @_siri.

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes

What is your time zone?:

EST (UTC -5)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes, it's important to make sure that people in a community that hold positions are active, and the threat of demotion is a good way to make sure that people will be active.

Describe your activity on the server:

I'm pretty active, I play often after school, and am generally on almost every day. At times where I'm not on, I am very responsive through discord.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/_air_canada_s-language-application.69725/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/_air_canada_s-language-application.69166/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/siri-lin-hawaiian-language-application.62433/

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Vera Lin - 12 Grade

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

History

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

History is one of my favorite subjects. People often dislike history because they feel like learning about the past is a waste of time. To me, its extremely interesting to look at events that happened in the past, and ****yze how they happened, and their effects on the present. Teaching history, and explaining the situations around events in the past, would be a very interesting and fun way to interact with history as a subject. Exploring new ways to think about history, and helping others better understand the past is something that I would love to do, and being a teacher would be an excellent way to do this.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?:

Yes, verifying that a person is properly trained and ready to handle the full responsibilities of being a teacher is important, and I understand what I am applying for.

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:

I understand this, and I am both willing and ready to go through the training process.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

Teacher class logs allows the number of classes each teacher hosts a month to be properly tracked and recorded. This is important because this information can be used to see which teachers are being active, and keeping up with their quota. This is also used to track the amount of bonus money that a teacher earns at the end of the month, along with the money for completing the quota.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Generally, I think letting things be a little loose can be for the better, as long as students aren't disrupting the class, I personally believe they should be allowed to do what they want. However, anything that disrupts the class or the learning of other students is strictly forbidden to me. Behavior that is disruptive to the class, such as talking loudly out of turn constantly, distracting other students in the class, intentionally making teaching the class difficult, and other such behaviors. These actively take away from my ability to teach the lesson, and the ability for other kids to learn the lesson.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I've participated in many different types of roleplay through my life. I've played extensively on Garry's Mod roleplay servers in the past, and I have played DND a fair bit. I have been on the server actively for a good few months, and I have garnered a great amount of experience roleplaying, especially for this environment.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning:

Head of Department

↳ Description:

Person in charge of their respective department, they make choices and decisions for their department.

- QT
↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher

↳ Description:

NQTs that have proved that they are experienced and know what they are doing.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description:

Teachers who have recently finished their training, and have been promoted.

- UT
↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher

↳ Description:

New teachers who haven't finished their training yet.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Salary wise, teachers can earn 500,000¥. NQTs will earn 350,000¥ after completing 10 classes, QTs earn 400,000¥. After this, every 5 classes a teacher hosts will add 50,000¥ onto their monthly salary, until they reach the previously stated max of 500,000¥.

Different teachers will teach their subjects different ways. Some teachers will be strict with the rules and methods of learning, while others will be relaxed with their rules. Typically, teachers will explain and give an assignment to the students. After allowing them to write down their answers or ask questions, the teacher might ask if any student wants to share what they wrote down, and will collect their answers after everyone is finished. Other times, a teacher may simply explain a topic, and ask the class questions about the topic at hand. Different teachers will spend their free time in differing ways, just because they are teachers, doesn't mean that they can't enjoy themselves. They still will have to have a small amount of professionality, but that doesn't mean they can't relax and have good times.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

The obvious answer to this is that the server is based around a school, and the roleplaying done within the school. The teachers provide classroom environments where people can choose to learn, whisper between friends, or however else they would interact in a classroom. Outside of the classroom, teachers help enforce the rules in the school, making sure that the students stay in line.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The MoSCoW system. The letters, in order, stand for what will be needed and not needed in a lesson, and their priorities. M, meaning 'Must Have' relates to things that the lesson will have to have. S, standing for 'Should Have' means stuff that the lesson should have, though not necessary. C stands for 'Can Have', small stuff that could be added for the lesson. Finally, W standing for 'Won't Have', material that the lesson won't have, either for logistical or time related reasons, this isn't to say that this could be added at a later date, just not at the current moment.

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?

On a first glance at him, he looks like an average male of his age. He has brown hair, is around 5'11, and doesn't wear anything unique. However, he grows to be unique when he is in his element, when he talks to people and learns about their cultures, traditions, anything of the sorts, he is passionate about knowing and understanding these traditions. He may often go on long winded rants because he finds a certain aspect of history of culture so interesting, that he finds so much to talk about. He enjoys learning about people and the lives that they have lived, and encouraging others to learn more about different cultures.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?

He respects both his students and his co-workers. He wants to help these students learn and expand their knowledge, even if they don't want to learn about history, he still wants to try to help them learn something, even if its just life skills. He likes his co-workers, wanting to learn about their lives and backgrounds. He always starts off when meeting anyone, no matter what, think of them highly, believing they deserve his respect and attention.

What are their plans for the future?

He wants to teach more, whether that be become a professor, or simply teach more to his high school classes. He wants to help people understand and learn more about the past of the world we all live in.

Scenarios

/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Warn the students that they are being a disturbance to other students around them, and that we all share the same school. If they ignore the warning, and keep up with their behaviors, warn them one more time, specifically saying that they will get a detention if they are seen continuing their actions. If they continue, give the students a detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

This depends on the class, but sometimes there are battles you can't win. If the lesson plan is to fill out a worksheet, and no one is doing it and just messing around, switch the lesson to something that might be a bit more involved and active for the students.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

He is generally talkative, he likes talking to the other teachers and he wants to learn about their pasts. He is attentive and a great listener to people, which invites them to talk to him. He will also be relaxed in the teacher's lounge, he doesn't come here to grade papers, he comes to take a second and relax.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me clicked the remote to the projector, after an awkward amount of time the screen flicked on and projected his laptop. His web browser was open, along with at least 7 Wikipedia articles which had almost no correlation. He moved the mouse over to the 'YouTube' tab, which was in between 'Byzantine Empire' and '1950s American Automobile Culture'. He clicked on a video on the culture of post World War II Europe, and after waiting 5 seconds to skip the ad, the video started to play.

/me sat down at his desk and started to grade papers. He started to go through them, when on one he notices a detail which seemed interesting to him, so he opens up his laptop and searches if this detail is related to a separate event in history. He can see the similarities, but he finds another article that catches his attention, and he starts to read it. After a few minutes of this, he realizes that he completely forgot that he was supposed to be grading papers, and groaned.

/me opened up his laptop and after sorting through his mess of tabs, found his email and clicked a link. He opened a link to a Zoom call between himself and an old friend that he met at a dig years ago. His friend didn't speak Japanese, but they both learned Hawaiian from being at the site for so long, so neither of them spoke their native tongue, resulting in a Hawaiian conversation between two non-Hawaiians. Ri speech was passionate, and was also receptive to his old friend's speech. Ri's friend tone shift to that high pitched tone that you hear when someone has to go, and after exchanging what can be assumed to be goodbyes, Ri hangs up the call.

/me stands in his classroom, looking at his desk and the board from almost the point of view as a student. He stared at different things until he moved to the left most wall and moved his map of Japan to be closer to the front of the classroom. He wanted to make this place as interesting as he could for the students. He walked back to his position, scanning the classroom like a hawk, looking for some way he could make this play better for his students. He notices that his desk is pushed a bit too close to the wall. He reasons that his desk being closer, will help his students feel closer in class. He goes over to his desk, and pushes it slightly forwards, before bringing his chair over and sitting down.

Backstory

Banri was born in 1989 in a small Japanese town. The town was established after World War II, mainly being of American immigrants. A large majority of these people originated from Indiana, so the town got the name Indiana, Japan. As a young boy, due to the name of the town, Ri was able to get his hands on and watch Indiana Jones movies, as they were popular in the town for the shared name of the titular character. He saw the adventures of Indiana Jones and compared it to the quiet, dull life of his town, and he wanted to be just like him. When he was 18, he left his small town for college to study to become an archeologist, just like Indiana. He was 27 when he got his Bachelor's degree, and he found a job in Hawaii uncovering and exploring ruins from the Ancient Hawaiian Natives. Along with his uncovering of ruins, he also transcribed and recorded cultural details told to him by Native Hawaiians. During his first trip abroad, he learnt started to better understand different cultures and cultural histories. He would go on many trips like this, exploring and uncovering sites of various points in history, and recording the history of the people of the region. He was extremely passionate for his work, but he felt like he was missing something from it. He didn't have the glory and adventure of his hero, that part of archeology was fiction, but he knew one part of his hero that he could replicate. He saw that he could make a difference by teaching, he could help spread on the knowledge that he has learnt to the next generation. He wanted to go back to his homeland of Japan, he wanted to be the inspiration that he had in Indiana Jones to other kids like him. He noticed that Karakura was an extremely interesting place in Japan, it had so much cultural diversity compared to other regions, that he was excited to move to this city and learn about it.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Banri Watanabe

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

Mr.

Given Name(s):

Ri

Preferred Name:

Ri

Age (Minimum is 25):

Male