mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted _Saltyyy_'s Event Team Application

_Saltyyy_

Level 17
_Saltyyy_
_Saltyyy_
Notable+

(I took inspiration from toraneko’s application for a format)

IGN:
I’m applying with my main _Saltyyy_, but in case you're wondering I also have alts which are _Sqltyyy_, _SaltyOnHerBS_ and PrincessAnnie.

Explain your activity on the Server:
I’m pretty active on the server, I get on for usually over 5-7+ hours depending on the day and time. I’m usually not busy whatever time it may be so I’m typically free and on SRP for most of the time.

What previous experience do you have working in a team?:
{Irl Experience}
Cooking club:
In my last year of middle school and first year of high school, I was in a cooking club, though we tended to do a lot of individual work of following recipes, we were also put into groups on occasion to work on our skills as a team. I worked very well with the other students, we didn’t have a problem with each other and when we were lost on a certain step we all helped each other out. So it was a fun experience along with some social and teamwork skills.

{SRP Experience}
Sports Teams:
Throughout my time on SRP I have been on 4 sports teams. There have been HS Dodgeball, an unofficial Volleyball team, Track team and now I am on the swim team. For most of the teams listed there, I’ve used my team working skills to help one another out. While Dodgeball was the first team I was introduced to, going into the sport I had no clue what to do or how to assist my teammates within it. For the first beginning months, I did practically everything on my own, that was until we got a new captain and finally started working as a team. Though the team didn’t last for long I was able to grow my communication skills along with my team skills as a whole, we worked together and it did show improvement till the very end.

Currently, I’m still improving my team skills along with communication, taking into account others' opinions, and overall improvement on becoming a better teammate and ways to continue being an active swim captain. I’ve been able to get a better understanding of certain people and their work ethics when it comes to teams. I've learned and have taken into account over the months of being on teams (more of this one especially). I constantly encourage the team to work as a team even during individual activities, for example, I have the members play games of water polo which require communication and skill with one another. I also participate in these activities. It's very fun to say the least, especially when you and another person have a great way of communication.

Clubs:
I’ve worked and participated in many clubs and club activities throughout my years on SRP. I have been in a total of 7 clubs, one being that I also now run. Throughout my time within these clubs, I’ve had to do an assortment of activities or ‘jobs’ to count as participation or just downright helping out with the club. I typically volunteer to help when a club needs people, in most clubs, there is also a good amount of teamwork and communication needed to correctly and swiftly run through an event. For example, I’m in the maid club where though we have separate tables and customers we all serve on our own, we typically help each other in calls and IC chat, by getting items for people, helping out customers if the current waitress doesn’t understand what to do, and so on. It can be stressful at times though it really does help with your communication and shows you how much effort all of the team/group needs to put in to be able to do it efficiently.

What makes you different from other applicants:

Organized:
I try to stay as organized as possible, I don’t like when things are out of place, or order when it comes to important papers, items, or event discord servers. . I like to keep everything separate for my convenience as well as help me get into this healthy habit whenever I may need it in the future. I do this as well as with my work such as organizing my free time, schooling, and other time-consuming activities on SRP. I think this is a useful ability because it makes things much easier when it comes to planning out events, typing out certain papers, and overall is just a better way to keep everything in order.

Creativity:
I usually have a lot of ideas and thoughts running through my head 24/7, I’ve always loved coming up with different events whether they be in real life or something on SRP.
My creativity comes mainly from my surroundings, it helps me get a feel of what type of theme or activity that should occur in that specific area. I try to get unique with my ideas, going outside of the box, though there is only so much that can take place within a Minecraft server we work with what our imaginations give us!

Overachiever:
I tend to go outside of the box with ideas, situations, or just overall things I am seriously interested in. I will go all out on whatever I see that I can do, whether it includes extra work, planning, paperwork, preparation, etc. I like to go above and beyond, it makes just everything pop so much more, if you aren’t giving it your all then you aren’t doing it right!

Time Management:
I don’t always plan out my schedule but I can manage my time wisely. I've been getting into working out more as well as attempting to limit my electronic usage till I’ve completed schooling. Getting into this habit has been slightly difficult though I think it’s been very useful as well as it makes things less stressful. I used to tend to procrastinate but I’ve been able to fix that little by little. Managing my time more efficiently has definitely helped me way more than before when I just put everything off until the last minute.

Activity:
Though I’ve just spoken about limiting my electronic usage doesn’t mean I’ve fully given it up. I still do get onto SRP for most of my day, since I don’t really have much to do as it is almost summer. As of the time I’m writing this I’ve been able to get on much more often even with my management of time. This being said, I'll be on SRP mainly throughout the summer, which means I will have a lot of free time to help and participate in any SRP-related events.

Flaws:
Like everyone we all have our flaws, mine relates to the topic of teamwork and communication. With having the ability to join the event team I feel as though I’d be able to express more of my ideas/opinions to a lot of other people who might agree with them. I don’t tend to struggle with team communication such as in a game or hearing out others for an opinion they may have, rather I’m more secluded and tend to keep most of my ideas to myself. I don’t express many thoughts that I wish I could, so I hope that with this I’ll be able to voice my opinions more openly and not have the fear of getting ridiculed or dismissed on thoughts or ideas I might have.

Provide a detailed event proposal that would be seen by the Event-Team:
I’ve provided an assortment of ideas within their respective sections, I’ve put them off into their own little groups because I feel as though putting them all in one may get messy.

#1 Cherry Blossom Festival:

The /event would show as the following:
[Event] The Cherry Blossom Festival is about to commence, please make your way towards the Zen Garden directed behind the school. We hope to see you there!

{Concept}
The Cherry Blossom Festival, also known as the ‘Sakura Matsuri’ is a festival held in spring that celebrates the natural beauty of the cherry trees, along with traditional Japanese foods, culture, and history. Cherry Blossom festivals are held all over the world that celebrates gestures of goodwill and friendship. This event would take place within the Zen Garden, where the citizens of Karakura would be able to interact, enjoy the dishes from the small food stands, enjoy a few fun activities, and overall take in the views of the cherry blossoms with those who are close to the player’s characters. Taking note of the event majorly favoring the player's characters who are typically Japanese, this event has much more in store than just that. As explained before the event concept hovers more towards goodwill and friendship, meaning all cultures can participate as well as feel included within this naturally diverse event. It should be recommended towards players that they wear some form of the traditional clothing of their own or those that will be able to be provided for them in a catalog of sorts. Below I’ve listed a few ideas for entertainment besides just the ramen booths being in use.

{Take a photo with the Cherry Blossoms!}

Below shows where the location the picture would be along with where the player would be sitting

{Fortune Teller}
The fortune-teller stand would be a small table made out of slabs in front of one of the tea houses so players could get their fortunes told!

{Sport/Club booths}
The following booths would be small and close together, there being a limited amount just for a few clubs and sports teams that could show their own way of celebrating the festival.

{How is this event beneficial?}
This event is beneficial because it gives more Japanese lore and activities to do in Karakura. I acknowledge that the SRP team does do Japanese activities/events to keep the lore of being based within Japan. I feel as though this activity will be a great bonding experience for those players both ICLY and OOCLY, this will give the players a chance to explore their character's culture as well as create new relationships with others. This event could help expand certain characters to a different outlook on their culture, other’s culture, other individuals, themselves, or even just to appreciate Karakura. Having more traditional events as well helps keep the understanding of where those before you have come from, it’s a great learning experience that should be taught, even through an event such as this one.

{Resources}
- Staff or Event Team members to run the ramen booths
- Build team/staff team to make small adjustments such as building the booths
- Sport/Club members to run their own designated booths
- New catalog kimonos/use the old ones

#2 Annual Bobcats BBQ:

[Event] Attention all Bobcats, the annual BBQ is about to begin! Make your way towards the Karakura forest! Make sure to express your red and black spirit!

{Concept}
The concept of the Bobcats BBQ is self-explanatory, the bobcats host a barbeque to celebrate their pride and interact with one another. This event will take place within the forest, the area in use will be the one directly in view once you step within the forest through its entrance. The event will most likely take place within the day though it can work throughout the night as well, the event will recommend that the bobcats show their ‘school pride’ by wearing clothing or accessories that accommodate the bobcat colors. The forest decorations will be changed to a black and red theme to fit the party, alongside that there will be an assortment of activities and hopefully some booths to buy items at. The bobcats can talk among themselves as they have a lovely day out with others their age while they enjoy the cooked foods as well as activities. Below will be a list of items that would be involved in the event.

{Booths}
These two things will be used within this area of the forest, on the other side of the pond, there are a few booths provided from the last event. These can be used for miniature snacks and drinks such as checkerboard cookies, Dango sticks, coffee pudding, donuts, hotdogs, burgers, water bottles, energy drinks, and even maybe some juices from La Casa.

{Fishing Contest}
Around the pond, there could be a small fishing contest that takes place! The entry fee would be a simple 2k, a fishing rod will be provided upon receiving the entry. The contestants will stand around the pond and wait for the rest of the people to receive their rods and follow. Once everyone has received a fishing rod the host will begin a timer for 5 OOC minutes, whoever catches the most EPIC/RARE fish within that time frame wins! The winner will receive 80-100k upon sending proof of his winnings (Either a SS through discord or them dropping their earnings to the individual).

{Dance Battle!}
During the event there is sure to be an assortment of music playing, the idea is to have a DJ within the black booth in the photo blasting out music for the bobcats to dance to. While this occurs there would be a sudden grab of the microphone by the DJ as he announces there would be a dance battle! This would signal any students who wish to participate to quickly move their way in front of the booth. Once he plays the music the contestants have until the end of the song to dance their heart out and show them what they can do! Once the music comes to a close the DJ will decide out of their own choice who they thought danced the best.

This event is beneficial because this event would be a great way of having bobcats not only meet each other for the first time, it can as well bond them with certain interests, cultural backgrounds, teams, etc. This event would give so many new opportunities to one’s character, they will be introduced with new people, or old ones, rekindle relationships of all sorts, enjoy themselves with the fun activities and maybe even spark some ideas for later ideas. Not only this but the player’s character will even be able to learn a few new perks as well, such as how to dance, how to cook, how to interact at social events, and so forth. There could also be a small crashing of the party by the Spartans, after all the rivalry between the teams is still a thing, what’s not to say that they won’t attempt to take the forest for themselves as well? A lot of character development can be implemented within the players that attend, who knows, the night is young!

{Resources}
- Players/Event/Staff to run the booths to ensure nothing goes wrong

- A DJ to run the DJ booth
- Someone to run the Fishing Competition
- Builders to change the decorations to fit the Bobcat’s theme
- Stock for the food and drinks to be sold
- Side Event: Trusted Spartan members to crash the Bobcat’s party with a prank of some sorts?

#3 Surfers Vs Bikers Beach Bash:

[Event] Are you ready to enjoy the summer with a surfboard or maybe your leather jacket? Well, the Surfers and Biker’s Beach Bash is about to begin! Head over to the beach, to get yourself in the summer spirit!

{Concept}
The concept of this event is that the citizens of Karakura are to get within the summer spirit, what not a better way to do so than to implement some retro concept itself? The citizens are to dress up as either a surfer or a biker, this concept was typically used within many movies related around the 1960s, I believe this would be one of the most fun and entertaining way to start summer off with a huge party as such. The party would take place at the beach, there is no designated area that seems the most desirable, but I believe the best spot would be beside the huge bonfire. The party will include upbeat summer music, fun activities, delicious food, and even maybe a costume contest! There will be a list below that will state activities that will take place!

{Bar}
At the beach there tends to be an assortment of small bar areas, putting one of these in use would deem beneficial towards providing the players the food/drinks they wish to purchase while they enjoy the wandering event. At the bar, there will be 1-2 bartenders behind it as they serve the customers who sit at the chairs at the bar (sorta like how Club Luxe runs its bar). The assortment of items that would be on the list would include Burgers, hotdogs, Dango sticks, blue lolly, ice cream cone, ice cream sandwich, water bottle, and perhaps a small amount of alcohol such as gin or vodka.

{Surfer Vs Biker Dance Battle}
The concept is self-explanatory, the music playing previously will come to a halt as there will be an announcement over the microphone that there will be a competition to see who is the better of the two, surfers? Or bikers? The idea of this activity is for the players who’ve dressed as surfers to get on one side of the dance floor and the players who’ve dressed as bikers to stand on the other. The two will take turns dancing till their hearts are content, (such as something out of a cheesy musical of that era). The winning side will be crowned ‘The Kings and Queens of the Beach’ as a reward for their hard work of dancing.

{Water Gun Fight}
Sometime during the event, a small water gun fight will take place on the side of the main event. There will be an entree fee of 2k with a water gun provided upon receiving the entry fee. There will be two sides that will be sectioned off by different hats, there will be a limited amount of both guns and hats, so it’s first come first serve. There will be two booths one for a ‘cowboy’ team and one for a ‘sombrero’ team, the players will be able to pick whichever team they wish to join but again there will be a limited amount on each side. The main point of the fight is just to have fun, if you get sprayed then you’re out and whichever side remains standing, wins.

{Bonfire and Fireworks}
After the excitement of the day has finally died down, relaxing on the beach, there will be an announcement to gather around the bonfire to watch the fireworks of the evening commence. Once the players have settled down beside the bonfire (or by the seaside since I doubt there would be much room left), the fireworks would launch into the dreamy night over the ocean. This will allow the event to close off with a relaxed but enjoyable atmosphere as the players take in the fireworks from afar.

This event is a creative, fun, and entertaining way to hop right into summer. The activities listed above would give the players of SRP along with their characters a fun way to enjoy their summer even though they still do need to attend school. This will be a fun way to interact with different people along with their characters, this can include working on communication skills during the water gun fight, a fun reason to dress up in costumes, and to finish off the day with a nice and relaxing few of the stars and the bursting fireworks behind them. Though it’s much like all the other party event ideas I still believe this will be a fun, retro version that will get people hyped for summer as well as a fun way to bring the SRP community together. Especially with the new and old faces that will slowly be starting to come to SRP, it will be a nice way to bid them welcome.

{Resources}
- Trusted Members to run the bar
- A DJ to control the music and speak over the microphone
- Building a separate area for the water gun fight to take place at
- Hats, water guns, plus the assortment of food and drink items listed above
- Maybe some premade outfits for server-wide use surfer and biker outfits for the player base to use for the event
- The time to switch to night once things die down
- Fireworks towards the farther end of the beach but still in range for the players to watch from the beach’s edge

#1 Hachishakusama or ‘Eight Feet Tall’:

[Event] As the moonlight shines down upon the small town of Karakura the rustles of the leaves brushed against one another as the wind blew down upon them. There would seem to be an ominous figure that lingers within the local forest.

[Event] Once approaching the forest for a closer inspection there would be no figure in sight, all one could hear would be the gusts of wind, the rattles of leaves, and . . .a voice? It would be faint as it repeated in a masculine tone, “Po. . .Po. . . Po. . .”

{Concept}
The idea of this event takes after a Japanese Urban legend of an 8 feet tall woman (Or Hachishakusama which means ‘Eight Feet Tall’ in Japanese). The woman can shape into any form she chooses though her height will always stay the same, she typically wears a long, white, sleeveless sundress with a white sun hat placed on top of her head. She can imitate anyone or anything she wishes to be but there is one thing that makes her distinct from the original, she will speak in a muscular tone and repeat the same thing, “Po. . Po. . .Po. .” She tends to take a liking to younger children in attempts to lure them out towards her, she will find any way she can to take their souls. The only way you can rid yourself of her is to get a priest, do a ritual and never go back to that country again!

So the idea of this event is to have the event during one of the calmer Karakura nights, the first /event will be plastered to grasp the attention of the players. This will draw them closer towards the forest to take a quick look at what may or may not be stumbling around within the trees. Once a decent amount of them have shown up, there will be the second /event announced, the ghost will wander slowly around the forest, ensuring to keep sight out of the player's vision. If the ghost is spotted by the players and rushed at once this would be best if they, ‘suddenly disappeared into thin air.’ The ghost will pick one unsuspecting person to be her victim, she will attach herself to this person as she will make it known she favors this person the most out of the others. Due to the commotion, there will be shrine maidens that descend from the shrine and down towards the forest, from here they will call the police to block off the forest entrance, ensuring the citizens' safety. The shrine maidens will keep the victim safe behind them as they begin to pray away the evil spirit, the ghost will then screech in agony as she will be dismissed from this world as all in Karakura will be in peace again.

This event can help in multiple ways, as like the other events this one can impact one’s character development, such as the certain events that occur can scar someone's character into never going into the forest again, or never messing with another ouija board in fear of summoning something like the Eight Feet Woman. It can also impact them by maybe pursuing the want to be a shrine maiden or a KPD officer once they’re older, they might even want to be more involved with ghosts, the imagination can go so far. Besides that, this will give more of an inside view on shrine maidens as well as give them some publicity. Seeing as how the shrine maidens are recently getting more popular and more seem to be floating in, it would be a great idea to show the citizens what they can do! Getting more publicity towards the shrine could encourage more of the players and their characters to either visit or become one themselves, though the players will need to FearRP while the event occurs. I believe that it will be an interesting event to get players to recognize the different factions and supernatural events.

{Resources}

- A staff member to play Hachishakusama

- A trusted event team member/staff that is preferably on the younger side with their character in-game to play the victim
- Someone to announce the /event
- A few volunteers from the Shrine and KPD faction to come and assist within the event
- Preferably staff on standby to ensure that players FearRP the ghost, Shrine Maidens and KPD

#2 LARPing the streets of Karakura?:

[Event] The silence within Karakura would stop abruptly as there was an assortment of voices yelling at one another, it seems that those yelling were in some sort of homemade costume with toy weapons? The commotion seemed to be coming from the shopping district area.

[Event] As both the Kingdom of (Team #1 Name) and Kingdom of (Team #2 Name) prepare for war, the streets of the shopping district filled with chatter. Waiting with anticipation as the battle was about to commence.

[Event] As the battle for their land has finally come to a close there left standing the one true victors of the war, (Fill in winning team name). Congratulations on your victory.

{Concept}
The concept is that there are two groups of citizens battling for their "kingdom's land." The groups would believe that they’re in some type of fancy world or as a better term for it, LARPing, which means ‘Live Action Role Playing.’ LARPing, for example, can be based around certain fantasy genres such as D&D or LOTR. The idea is that the two opposing teams will be battling for ‘their kingdom’ aka the one who wins the shopping district area. Both groups will be dressed in somewhat medieval/fantasy-type clothing along with plastic weapons they will "go into battle" with. They would argue out this predicament until they come to an agreement that they will fight for who gets the ‘land.’ the event aims to not only entertain the players on standby but also involve them as well, which is why the groups will be asking if there are any volunteers to help. The two groups will pick their ‘supporting warriors’ as they prepare for "battle." The second /event will be sent as the two groups charge at one another, fighting for their sides. This is undecided but the groups can either fight by the rolling system or P2L system. Once the majority of members on one team have fallen to the other, the team with most members still standing will be deemed the victors. Thus ending the event off with a victory from the winners and the final /event wrapping up the event.

This event can give a chance to players to not only watch this type of roleplay WITHIN a roleplay but they can actually experience it, this can give a chance to the player's character’s to see if their characters love to roleplay just as much as they do. I think it's a diverse experience since it’s not every day that players get to have their character’s role-playing, it can be a challenging/confusing roleplay experience but I believe that’s what puts the fun in it. This event aims to give the player's characters some insight into how roleplay is, this experience can benefit them by unlocking a new interest they might have not known about. This can get their character into more activities involving roleplay such as clubs, holiday events, or just goofing off with their friends. This can also just be a fun way of unlocking the character’s and the player’s creative side a bit, having more chances to roleplay can both benefit and entertain the experience for not only themselves but others.

{Resources}

- 3 - 4 Community team players on both teams (Each team will pick 2 members from the crowd that volunteer but make sure it’s equal)
- Tailors to help prepare costumes for the event (Nothing too special/difficult)
- Toy weapons to be used in ‘battle’

- Preferably staff on standby to ensure there is no one attempting to Gangrp or to interfere with the event.

#3 Is it the 1920s all over again?:

[Event] From over across the distance an assortment of laughs and upbeat jazz would be heard, the music would echo throughout the streets of Karakura. It seems like it's coming from behind Block A.

{Concept}
The idea for the event is it will be a small speakeasy, 1920s theme as we give a small and subtle look at what that era had in store. The event will take place within the small restaurant/speakeasy behind Block A, the event aims to give a small throwback to something a little more old-fashioned. Within this small area, there will be a lot that occurs. I will be listing the activities below, but there is much to do such as taking in the aesthetic that this little place has to offer. It’s the little things that matter the most! The players can just sit down and enjoy this small and unexpecting event, it’s just a cute way to give back to an older time.

{Dining/Bar}

Just like every great speakeasy, there tends to be a bar that follows it, which means there will be a lot of alcohol and perhaps a few meals served alongside the entertainment as well. This speakeasy is small though there still is enough room for catering, which means that there can still be food and drinks served to the players. There are both seats at tables and ones at a bar, the ones at the bar should be entirely alcohol-based, serving only things such as champagne, wine, whiskey, vodka, and maybe some corona beer cans. The players will sit at the bar and wait to be served, and once they have they can step away and mingle among other things for entertainment. As for the tables, preferably there will be another person who does strictly the catering, there aren’t many tables which means having more than 1-2 people isn’t necessary. The player can take a seat at the tables and wait to be served, the menu’s items would include a bento box, sushi box, rice balls, salmon, and cheesecake. This will be kept short due to it only being a flash event and needing to keep this somewhat smaller than a full event would be like.

{Entertainment}
The entertainment for the evening will include sweet jazz music and beautifully practiced dances. The idea is for a band (preferably a local band that’s already been created) to branch out and express their creative sense as they recreate the feel of 1920s Jazz music. The band of course would most likely use a watch together link as they perform detailed /mes of their performance on stage, there will be a small mic, and a few background instruments following behind for the band to use (Keeping the band to only 2 songs preferably). The next source of entertainment would be the feather dancers, they have feather hats, short, sparkly dresses with a perky attitude that matches their spunky dance moves! The idea is to have a small group of dancers (maybe the high school or college cheer team would work the best for this) as they perform a small pre-rehearsed dance that will be based around the 1920s era. These dances will be shown through /mes as they will all show off their hard work and team skills.

This event can give a throwback to an era both our characters and we have not experienced before, bringing some retro and old-timey feeling into Karakura could give it spice to its everyday modern school life. This event can bring together both the players and their characters just by enjoying the entertainment and catering of the establishment. There isn’t much in SRP that revolves around going back in time from what I saw so hopefully implementing something from a different era could bring some talk into play, as well as enjoyment for the players to experience something such as this.

{Resources}
- Set up the speakeasy to a design that fits the 1920s era a little more (temporarily)
- A band to perform in front of the players
- A dance group to stand in with the essential outfit above (preferably those on the cheer team, either work)
- 1 - 3 trusted people to work catering and bar
- Probably permission from the owner if it is owned by someone

Thank you for taking the time to read my application! If you would like to contact me about anything, please refer to the discord in the banner above. Have a lovely rest of your day/evening!

Last edited:

hebwig

Level 111
PENDING

- If any available event team slots are open, you will be contacted if you still have interest. There is no set time for you to be reached about your application, though. Thank you for applying!
- Contact heb#5009 on Discord if you have any questions.​

hebwig

Level 111
ACCEPTED

- Congratulations! You have been accepted into the event team. We loved the amount of detail and organization in your application alongside the ideas, and we are very excited to work with you!
- DM heb#0410 on Discord for more information.​

Users who are viewing this thread