Bookish

Level 17
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: _stxchxs

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes! Minty#5807

How old are you? (Optional): N/A

What is your time zone?: CST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes. I hope that this never happens, but if I go inactive without a reasonable excuse I am ready to accept the consequences.

Describe your activity on the server:

I'm usually on almost every day for about an hour and a half. On weekends, it becomes about 2 hours. I hope to eventually expand that time, but I think that's a healthy amount of time.

Do you have any previous bans?:

I was kicked for spamming once on the server. I haven't been kicked at all before, and I promise that I'll never spam again. I've learned my lesson, especially since an important event happened at that time.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

[ACCEPTED]https://schoolrp.net/threads/doctor-app.37279/ (Demoted)

[DENIED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/hs-student-council-2-0.36676/

[DENIED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/hs-student-council.36242/

[ACCEPTED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl.35544/

[DENIED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.35533/

[ACCEPTED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/_stxchxss-russian-app.37857/
What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Student - Grade 12, 18

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I am applying for Art Teacher.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Ever since I got demoted from doctor, I've seen how much I'm missing. I realized how much I love DetailRP, and when I saw how much fun my friends Sithness and ScarletRP, who just became teachers, were having, I realized how I could benefit from joining myself. I have always helped new players when I see them, whether its with guiding them around the map, explaining gangrp, detailrp, or studentrp (as one might call it), or correcting their descriptions, rolls, or most commonly, names. However, I've noticed that green tags, or greenies, tend to listen more to players with higher status such as teachers, KPD, EMS, just Adults, etc. I'm not sure why this is, but being a teacher will allow me to help greenies and higher students alike, as they aren't perfect either. I still see many red tags with errors, but they tend to be more obstinate probably because they've been on the server amd think they know what they are doing. One final thing: I myself am not a perfect roleplayer. I think as a teacher, I can meet a wider variety of players to help me grow as well. The other teaching staff will also be of great help to me if I have questions (I hope).

As a recap, my motivations to be a teacher are: DetailRP, easier access to friends, being able to help newer and older players alike, wider view of roleplaying opportunities and styles, and finally, better access to people willing to help me when I do make errors.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

Teacher class logs are a document the teacher keeps. They are important because they help to remember students who misbehave, and keeping the class history in case of need.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

I would first evaluate if this trip was really important enough to go all out for. I would then ask my friends on the teaching team if they thought it was a good, valuable idea. I would then go to the VP or Principal for permission to do it.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

I'd say that the rules vary, but these would be mine.

1. Do not fight, verbally or physically while in class and on school grounds.

2. Do not go on ANY form of technology during class.

3. Do not use foul language, slurs, homophobia, transphobia, racism, or any other potentially hurtful comments in class.

4. Listen and be respectful to your teacher. Do the work required.

5. Remain in your seats unless told otherwise, for a partner activity for example.

6. Cause no commotion or ruckus during class or on field trips.

7. Do not consume any food with the exception of clear plastic bottles of water.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

Personally, I have been roleplaying in real life with friends for two years. Due to COVID, we could not do it, so I joined RPHub to continue. SRP and FRP widened my view so much, as we had props and weren't limited to things such as height, speed, props, or location. You wanted to do something, in SRP, you just do it. I learned to DetailRP, which helped me a lot, and SRP and FRP have widened my vocabulary skills a hundredfold.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD

Meaning: Head of Department

Description: Lead of their department, i.e. English or Maths. They manage that department and fill the role of leader so that not everything falls to the principal. They approve or deny the class plans of Newly Qualified Teachers' as to avoid situations where higher-ups must be called in for a misunderstanding.

- QT

Meaning: Qualified Teacher

Description: A teacher who has been qualified in academics and can teach. They are not new, just have taught and have experience. They do not require their HD to approve their lessons.

- NQT

Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher

Description: A teacher who has just gotten the qualifications to be a teacher recently, and does not have any/a significant a mount of teaching experience. In order to avoid unnecessary teaching situations, they must have their lessons approved by their HD.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers purpose, simply put, is to teach. They provide an educational lesson to further the knowledge of students. They research and thoroughly plan lessons before teaching. They create a more tied-together experience. You can’t have a school without teachers, and so one could argue that they are the ones running the school. In Japan, a teacher can get from 214,000 JPY to 629,000 JPY, however, in SRP the average is about 450,000 JPY. Teachers are no different from everyone else, in their spare time they go out with family or friends, plan lessons, eat, relax, etc.

Teachers

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers make SRP a school server. It’s pretty much impossible to have a school without any teachers. Teachers are the ones who bring the entire school together.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

MoSCo - Must Have, Should Have, Could Have

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

This is a wip, I am still figuring out what I want my character to look like. As of now, this is it.

Stitch is a 5”8 female with long, wavy green hair. She has wide eyes that complements her slim face structure. Her hair is rich and full, and she smells of vanilla. She wears black eyeliner and just enough blush to make her face look rosy. She has long, lanky legs. Her skin is pale with freckles all over, and her eyes are a hazeley-brown color. She tends to wear neutral colored pants, and a brighter blouse that shows off her arms.

Stitch tends to be on the straightforward side. When confronted with a scenario, she won’t weave and dodge around her thoughts, she’ll speak them loudly and clearly which can occasionally end up badly. Despite this, she has a soft spot for people who need to hide themselves. She has a great voice, but she can’t sing often because of the pain it causes her. She treats students like adults, not children, because she remembers when she was babied and hated it. She acts more enclosed around other teachers or adults due to social awkwardness with people her age, a result of being sheltered from any and all friends.

She is a headstrong young woman who hates being told off like a child. She first appears to be aggressive, but after a few minutes you can see the protective side of her. In the future, Stitch plans to maybe find a wife or girlfriend and have a few children. She loves her family and would do anything for them. She wants to keep living with her family but expand to a penthouse so she could have her own room. She loves making her art and would continue teaching it until she was forced to step down, fired, or resigned for retirement.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

She'd walk over and calmly look them in the eyes. She say: "I'm sorry, but this is not how you should act. I know you feel rebellious, but I think that it's not the best way to live life. Is that how you want to live? No one is going to remember another group of delinquents. They'll remember people who went out of their way to be kind. I suggest you do the same." She'd look at them one at a time, serious. "If not, you'll be at detention. I'm certain that is not where you want to spend your time today, is it?"

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

She would take a breath and walk over to her chalkboard, picking a piece of chalk up and writing something on the board. She would write down the names of all who were talking, underlining certain people. She would turn and look each of them in the eyes, staring them down. "Are you sure you want your name on that board?" She would let the effect set in before resuming her lesson.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

She would walk over and grab a bottle of water, drinking out of it. She’d pull up her lesson plans and begin to work on them. As other teachers came in, she would hand some water to them and maybe talk about the day. If she was needed for detention, she would put down her things and jump up. She would tend to be relaxed when on her own in the lounge, but when others were around, she would be slightly less off-guard.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me &2She would reach down and pick up a &a&lgreen &2&rpiece of chalk. As the class quieted down, she would begin to write the title of that day's lesson on the board. Once complete, she would turn and ask one of them to read it out.

/me &2She would pick up a huge block of clay and a piece of twine, cutting it into small chunks, each for one of the class' inhabitants. Once complete, she'd order everyone to come up and grab their piece as well as some tools.

/me &2She would take out a paintbrush and hand out one to each of the class. As she walked, she would speak as well, requiring the class' full attention.

/me &2As the person goofed off, she would stop in her tracks and raise a hand, silently telling everyone else to become silent. Eventually, they would be the only one talking. She would then raise an eyebrow and look them dead in the eyes, mouthing the word, &f"Quiet."

/me &2She would collapse into her desk, papers fluttering and settling. She would rub her eyes, tired from the day. Eventually, she would reach and grab her lesson planner, writing out ideas. As she fell silent, she would get up and begin painting a project she had been working on. She would paint in huge, sweeping strokes, defining the portrait she was painting. As the work drew to a close, her apron would be messy and full of color. Her hair would be tied back and paint would be all over, but she would be grinning with happiness and breathing hard. She'd sign her piece with big arcs of her wrist, and wash her hands and materials, putting them away for another day. She'd put away her materials and walk out the door, locking it with a satisfying /click/.

I have more, but I'm saving them for lessons.

Backstory

As a child, Stitch was shunned from her family. Her mother beat her, and her father was never there. Stitch's sister Lyn was the only one there to care for her despite being younger. However, one day Stitch learned that sister Lyndsey was dead. Overcome with grief, she left home at the age of 5. She made her way to a small Canadian orphanage, and stayed there for a few years. Stitch was in her room one day when a fire broke out. Everyone managed to escape, except for her. Stitch screamed, but no one heard. She inhaled a large amount of smoke, damaging her voice box forever. She jumped out of the window, and landed on the ground. As the owner of the orphanage had died in a fire, the landlord decided to relocate the children to Britain. However, Stitch got lost when boarding the ship, and ended up on one to Russia instead. She boarded, and got lost in the crowd, sliding by. On this ship, she learned to pickpocket and steal. Once she arrived in Russia, she ran into a retired nurse named Bela. Bela took her in and managed to teach the girl JSL, a language she picked up from years of service in Japan. Stitch learned through the aid of Bela, and began to speak the language that would free her. For a short time however, Stitch could speak normally. Bela took this as an opportunity to teach Stitch two languages that would be essential later: Japanese and Russian. With the help of Bela, Stitch picked up Japanese fairly quickly, and it became her main language. She was not as adept at Russian, however, struggling with the way the symbols flowed. One day, Bela was working with Stitch on the word: hope. Bela suddenly had a stroke. Stitch rushed to the hospital, and in that moment where she her ability to speak Russian was dependent on Bela's life, something clicked. Stitch spoke with a fluency never before seen, and with her help, Bela had a slow recovery. For the next few years, Stitch worked diligently. She learned fluency and learned to write perfectly, finding it almost like art. However at 15, Bela suddenly died of a stroke due to a relapse. Stitch was so hurt that her ability to speak ended, and she could only write Russian and speak JSL. Through the help of many books, she learned Russian mastery, and a grieved Stitch took the money her adopted mother had given her and bought a ticket to the one place with a language she knew: Japan. Stitch then used the rest of the money to travel to a school called Karakura High. Stitch went there until she was 18. However, one day, Stitch met someone who would change her life again. She was walking down the street when a young woman caught her eye. Stitch rushed over and embraced the girl, for it was her supposed dead sister, Lyn. Lyn took her into her apartment and slowly introduced Stitch to their other sisters and cousin, as well as Lyn's wife, Momo. Stitch learned that her mother had tricked her into believing Lyn's death in hopes that Stitch would run away. Stitch moved in and lived there for a few years, taking online courses. She never had the guts to be a nurse, but Stitch realized how much art had helped her. In her darkest times, Stitch had flooded her emotions into vast canvases. She took online classes to earn her bachelors and minors, and eventually managed to graduate. She applied to teach at the school that had changed her life, and had made it. Stitch spent the rest of her days teaching young students there, guiding others the way she had been guided.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Stitch Reid

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Ms. Reid

Given Name(s): Stitch

Preferred Name: Stitch

Age (Minimum is 27): 27

Religious Denomination: N/A

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Canadian

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 2 years

Working Experience (# of years): 8 years

Academic Degree: Masters

Year of Graduation: 2018

Major(s): Bachelors of Fine Arts

Minors: Studio Art

Native Languages: English

Other Languages: JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.

Extra

Additional notes about your application: Sorry about editing it, I kept getting new ideas and stuff that I felt like I needed to add.

Do you have any questions: Nope!

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Art Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread