mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

A completely unnecessary but undoubtedly fun suggestion.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: SchoolRP
DATE: 7th January 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Do you all remember the amazing "Trip to France" Event. Wouldn't it be fun if... on the ingame weekends, a bus or some type of warping method existed in which you could go to an airport and, if you want simply visit France (We already have the map) during your days off school, given you can afford the EXPENSIVE ticket.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: A fun little suggestion that could maybe either be a donator perk or be something that is expensive in game. I get that it detracts from the SCHOOL part of SchoolRP but - this would simply be something you can ONLY do during the weekends (if your under the age of 25), and not have any gangrp permissions under you (so people don't just flee to france every time somebody has kps) & for an absorbent amount (200k-900k)

This is a unnecessary addition that could act as just an extra place to go visit, I for one at times get bored of running around Karakura and would love to maybe go to France on the occasion by myself or with a friend. This suggestion wouldn't be hard to implement, it would use the current train method (sign, pay=tp thing) and only be clickable by grade-12 & college students on school days. Again, something that could be easily be implemented in less then an hour but could mean a world of difference.

P.S: The France Event is by far my favourite event, it really allowed SRP to be more then just a square box to me at times and helped to build realism.

I can understand, if/when this gets denied but I am posting this thread just because I feel like I should just incase other people feel the same passionate way as I do.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1

Adding another location for people to explore/rp in would be fantastic, since I never got a chance to attend the trip, so this would be awesome! If possible, and if this is accepted, which I sincerely hope it is, all players who log off in the France map or elsewhere would be respawned (if it is during the week in game) / teleportation should not be able to work during a school week, preventing people from skipping school and other activities. However, as previously stated, it would have to be quite expensive, or it would be fair to just give privileges to donors. I run around the map probably for 2 hours a day, and I probably know where almost everything on the map is at this point. A new place to explore would be fun.

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer
+1
I think it would be lovely for there to be another place to visit, apart from karakura. The only thing I'd do is have it as something that only shows up like once per irl day, at a different time each day so every timezone can do it. This way it would feel even more special and cool. I agree that tickets should be expensive, people are way to rich and we need more money sinks. I'm a bit worried that it might be boring in France, so there should be enough to do (maybe special items that you can only buy in France, and only one per trip).

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1
I think it would be lovely for there to be another place to visit, apart from karakura. The only thing I'd do is have it as something that only shows up like once per irl day, at a different time each day so every timezone can do it. This way it would feel even more special and cool. I agree that tickets should be expensive, people are way to rich and we need more money sinks. I'm a bit worried that it might be boring in France, so there should be enough to do (maybe special items that you can only buy in France, and only one per trip).
even if the map had literally nothing extra in it, I would still have fun. Also I think the best method would be a type of command similar to worldguard where hs/col ranks simply cannot enter the bus/airport during the hours of x to y on days 1-5

Lyla Rose

Level 1
LylaRose1
LylaRose1
Fundraiser+
+1
As someone who had to miss the "Trip to France" event because I was out of town oocly, I really love this idea. It would give more opportunities to roleplay than just the occasional trip to the beach, or hoping that a shop will open so you have an activity to do with friends. Personally, I've known many French characters during my time on SRP so allowing such French characters to visit their home country would be an amazing experience. Lastly, the aspect of having to buy a fairly expensive ticket instead of just spending a few yen is very realistic which is what I assume the SRP staff team strives for. The price tag would also limit players from getting bored of France too quickly, as it would feel like an actual trip/vacation and not just a place that's easily accessible to visit every day. Just as long as the ticket isn't too unaffordable. ~

CecilThePotato

Level 4
CecilThePotato
CecilThePotato
Omega
Ehh +1 -1 because while the France event was fun it was also all super fast and barely had any role play you just got led around the whole map and had to be cramped up with the whole server trying to play with negative frames because of it. But also negative a point because I think what made the France event pop off to everyone was that fact that it was like an actual event. Take away the specialness of it and it’ll just fade into something normal

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
But also negative a point because I think what made the France event pop off to everyone was that fact that it was like an actual event. Take away the specialness of it and it’ll just fade into something normal
None of the Karakura Map is inherently special, what makes it special is that people put that image onto it by embracing roleplay, the same thing would happen with the GIGANTIC France map.

OGMint

Level 9
ScaryBook
ScaryBook
Notable+
+1
It would be really nice to have new areas to explore. I'm thinking maybe not a whole different country, but a different island that still counts as Karakura so that there won't be any problem with illegal activities as mentioned with people with kps, and to make it different from the main island it could be themed as a different country.

Last edited:

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

I love the idea of having a place to go like France, it could really spice up RP. I have a few characters who live dominantly in France, this would allow me new roleplay experiences with them.

I do disagree with a few things though. Nobody should be denied an RP experience because of their balance, and I don't think 200k - 900k is reasonable just for plane tickets. Also, the server has enough donator perks and putting a paywall over roleplay itself definitely won't push the server in the direction we need. Overall good suggestion though.​

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

It’d probably break everyones games more than it already does now.
elaborate.. I don't see your point, the addition of an extra map would just spread players across further chunks (limiting lag). If there's something I missed please go in detail

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback, however we've decided to deny this suggestion.

- Maybe in the future when SchoolRP has further expanded with a larger player-base, however adding this right now would cause less players to be in Karakura which will in turn slowly cause finding roleplay / players around town to become rare.​
- We'll definitely be hosting more school trips this year & we'll allow players to vote on the location they want to visit.​

Users who are viewing this thread