HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
IGN: HighlightedTwin
DATE: 4/11/21
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Before I begin, I do want to say this is a lot to unpack and I do recommend that you read the entirety of it before giving your opinion on it! If not then at least the summary and counterargument! Thank you for reading and yeah!

Summary

With Japan being very popular, especially because everyone is into their fashion culture, weebs into their animations, and of course, their hip music then I think srp should probably dive more into entertainment. Hell, even students can be part of that as well! There have been players of the community who already tried to make some kind of music industry discord but I never really see activity in it so I think if staff agree to it and try to promote this kind of faction then it would be booming and lively.

I think a very good one would be an entertainment faction. Specifically like- you know people with music careers, our own versions of youtubers and twitch streamers, an actual movie/play type of work where they can open like once a week and show off cool stories and whatnot. Just a lot of general entertainment. I just think srp lacks a lot of good elements when it comes to entertaining yourself or finding any good entertainment around unless you're roleplaying or happen to stumble into a fight of some kind. I think it would be cool to see an entertainment faction. All the other factions are a little too serious with their positions. I think people prefer a job that’s a little more fluid and laid back within the workplace while still being serious enough to do their job correctly!

This is a schoolrp not cityrp!
Now before I continue the rest of this suggestion and before you bang on your keyboard getting ready to type the argument out so you can feel great about saying something that’s already obvious, I have some key details or pointers about how good this could be.

The main issue right now with the many jobs being piled in is the complaint of people just getting a job for the sake of becoming an adult. Now I’m going to counter that. The only actual positions in this faction that could easily be an adult is a Producer and/or Host. Quite similar to the Shop faction so you don’t need to worry about that being the issue as everyone else may simply be the same age they are now. In a logical sense, yes, you are technically an adult at the age of 18, the minimum age for any kind of job so yes, it does make sense.

This faction is indeed a need! Right now the current factions require some kind of seriousness to the role you play. This faction is something a little less restricting in a sense to bring, of course, some entertainment. Why is it a need? No hate to the event team at all, don’t get offended, but I do think they are a bit lacking in the ideas for some events and I can tell they are trying their best to figure things out but things will only become repetitive. Just like the same school dance we’ve been having for the past couple of years. *Trust me it's the same thing just a different name with some other added factors*. I think this faction could really bundle in with the event team, creating some interesting and/or mysterious events. I’m talking scandals! Sabotage! Producer versus Producer battles! Your local TV show getting hacked into to broadcast that one gang’s message across town. Yes yes, I got your attention now gangrpers teehee. I’m talking about that hot popular host who just kidnapped a girl from your neighborhood! Endless possibilities! Yes yes, give those journalists some more things to talk about!

Another important thing this faction can give is the chance for regular community players to be involved. Like how some recent events where players of the community in some way get involved yet not ACTUALLY involved, mainly just there for like- prop tools and for those with a talent for art, like with tailoring. What I’m getting at is the possible partnerships for tailoring businesses. Your local makeup artist, stylist or fashion designer will be there to have you looking gucci the moment you step outside the dressing room!

Another possible people may want to use is “oh there’s a journalism club” or “oh there’s a performing arts club to do plays and such” or “oh just make your own mini business”. First I’m going to tackle the last one, though I sorta did in the beginning. Like I said before, it is very difficult to go around and get people really involved and interested in something like this unless there’s clear support from the staff team, making it seem and feel like an official kind of business. Let's say for clubs, for example. Just started a club and want to make it official. In the beginning, you’re on your own to get as many members as possible before sending in your application and even then that could end up being the only amount of members you will have until it’s official and an announcement regarding your club having an event is made. Once it’s made clear that it exists and there’s support behind it, people become more interested in the details, what you possibly gain from it, and if it gives them something to do. Now that clubs that exist already, take this as an expansion to your already progressing popularity of what you guys do. I mainly just see journalists reporting on a topic while this is mainly for entertainment with less of a formatted subject that’s being displayed, creating suspense, mixed emotions, and so on. The performing arts club is also being expanded to full-on theatre moments, call it a partnership. It’s like going to school for acting before dipping your toes onto a real set, your character’s dream for this moment to happen. So if it’s just similar to these clubs then why? Because we want to cater to the community, not just a set of players! I know we want to ignore those who stepped foot outside of school to work or run around being an adult and gangrp and then have them feel bad when we have a school-wide-only event but I also think they should be involved in little more stuff too!

Still with me? Great! Now let me break down how things could possibly work out.
First thing first, let's start with TV shows/Movies/Plays since they are a viewing/production type job.

First, it's important to have people apply or pitch their ideas for the show/movie they want to produce. Such as giving a summary about it, what plans they have for it in the future, how many people they believe need to be part of it (like having guests on the show or simply some actors). So if you plan to start some kind of big production you need to have a well-thought-out plan for everything. For example, an easy one would possibly be a game show starring a host who is either the person themself that's applying which makes sense or someone else (i will get to this part later). Then they ask for some participants to be on the show to win a prize after winning games. The participants can easily be any of the Karakura citizens walking around. Perfect for getting a lot of the community involved to have fun!

So now you got your base idea and everything planned, now it comes down to the actual crew members. Positions can easily be cameramen which would require the person to have the texture pack on, maybe even with shaders too, and some kind of recording software if we’re going for real kind of productions along with editors which would later be posted on the forums for everyone to view. Let's discuss actors for a movie! Since there's already a performing arts club, maybe the student there can apply to be an actor in the movie/play or just anyone interested. Then, of course, a host. I think a host can simply be tied to the actor role too but yeah. So now you pretty much have a basic setup of crew members that are necessary. There's also the "makeup artist and stylist that chooses the outfits". I think that's possible if the faction was partnered with popular tailor businesses.

Now you're also wondering how the apps will work. So after someone applies for their tv show or movie, whatever kind of production they're doing gets accepted, it gets added to a roster that entails how many people are needed for the job. Then people look at that information and apply for that position for the specified production. So while all of this is happening, the producer is setting up the stage and planning scripts if necessary, ordering props and such to make their production a success.

With roles, it can easily be a Producer/Host. I wouldn't say actor since there could be a lot of those, especially cameramen. This would also go the same way if we had musicians. They should only get the role if they do enough performances and are seen as a popular musician among the community essentially, becoming a verified kind of musician- or well artist. So I guess you can say, something similar to how the Shop faction is set up.

What about the musicians?

The idea kinda came to me after reading a reply so this is what I believe we can do. People will apply of course for the position to be part of this industry or faction for any type of instrument or singing or band group they plan to do/have. After its initially passed the first stage of approval, we can take it in game to where we have some type of rap/sing battle where whoever is seen to be the most popular from the crowd cheer ring them on, will be accepted into the faction. This allows for open minded public opinion situation where people are allowed to have a say in things.

The idea is that we make sure they do something much more original in their own way whether it be going into a music studio or editing parts together to make their own original content. Honestly what’s the fun and creativeness in singing a song that was already made before and that literally anyone can do their /mes easily from.

And YouTube?

Pretty much the same as as musicians in a sense. This can range from daily vlogging, public pranks, etc.. People of the community will also have a say in this. The person will make an app explaining their goals and plans for their “channel” and after it gets accepted, they will be part of the faction. However in order for them to make money, they will need at least 50 subscribers/followers (positive reactions) on their videos. The number could change if deemed necessary.

Discord Setup

With the discord somewhat set up, the idea is to have a channel where all productions will be posted for everyone to view and watch. In another category, a channel for the workers to discuss among themselves along with a channel to log their activity, what they’re doing and when it’s happening including basic channels for more information. Another channel for future partnered tailors for discussion and a fashion show to happen! Yes a fashion as in slapping people into outfits for production. As well as some channels for public opinion and suggestions which we love the most!

What is that paycheck looking like?
If you made it this far, I sure am happy. Now you’re also wondering “well if you thought this much then what’s the pay like?”

It is very difficult to think about pay as to not overpay or underpay those involved so I will go from a realistic standpoint. This can easily be altered if deemed necessary. I would mainly leave this in the hands of Lovely as she’s big brain with this situation.

Producer/Host -> After doing a bit of research for this position, specifically in Japan, they make 10,491,499 a year according to this website: https://www.erieri.com/salary/job/producer/japan#:~:text=Salary Recap,JPY 7,310,965 and JPY 13,012,666. . Meaning they would make around 800k a month, but to not destroy the economy too much we can say the pay range will be around 500k-700k.

Actor -> After doing a bit of research for this position, specifically in Japan, they make 11,285,752 a year according to this website: https://www.erieri.com/salary/job/actor/japan/tokyo . Meaning they would make around 900k a month. Crazy how much money they make compared to producers! So we could say around 600k-800k.

Cameramen -> After doing a bit of research for this position, specifically in Japan, they make 5,319,138 a year according to this website: https://www.salaryexpert.com/salary/job/television-cameraman/japan#:~:text=The average television cameraman gross,and anonymous employees in Japan. Meaning they would make around 400k a month. I think this pay range is okay!

Tailorers -> The pay range for this position mainly depends on the tailored themselves as they may already have their own price ranges.

Guests -> If you’re making a game show, you would of course pay them accordingly to whatever they win from the games.

Musician/Artist -> After doing a bit of research for this position, specifically in Japan, they make 6,763,760 a year according to this website: https://www.salaryexpert.com/salary/job/musician/japan#:~:text=The average musician gross salary,and anonymous employees in Japan. . Meaning they would make around 500k a month. We can set the rank to be 200k-400k!

OR

We can give payment by production. Meaning based on how well a production is, we calculate how much money it would earn, then handing it down to be split by every working on the production with the minimum most likely being around 500k.

we already have an idea how to count for logging this as well to count for activity with every production and to make everyone is working on something, keeping everyone busy.

Conclusion

Firstly, I thank you for reading all of this if you have already made it this far! Whether or not this is taken into consideration I did enjoy writing the idea down and posting it anyway! If you do have questions about it or would like to state your opinion/idea then you may! I won’t try to argue/debate my points any further ;D

With special thanks to Lovely and Finn for also working on these ideas even more to expand on this concept, I believe it’s possible to have this function. If you do have questions about it then you may state it below or dm me personally ouo

Last edited:

Vinni

Level 18
+1
I honestly love this idea, it seems like it would be a blast to stay the same age and be in a faction.
The detail and thought you have put into this suggestion I really love since you are expressing why, what, and how this would be a good faction/thing to be added to School roleplay.

Yes I honestly agree, this is School roleplay, not City roleplay, yet still in this suggestion you managed to make sure it was SchoolRP related and I really enjoy that since the thought of how it can still be SchoolRP and not turn into CityRP with this suggestion, although many still with say to this suggestion "It is just going to turn to CityRP with this, it really won't since the amount of detail in the writing for this.

The paychecks do honestly seem reasonable for the amount of effort that is being put into this and the amount of work the faction is having to do, I think the paychecks are pretty good, but that may just be my opinion.

Overall I really love this idea and it seems great with starting a new faction, plus on the fact you have everything detailed makes it easier to understand what is going to happen with it.
I'm gonna have to agree with this since I think the idea is absolutely amazing.

Kurusu

Level 22
_Kurusu_
_Kurusu_
Rich+
+1 Imma have to agree with this because if this was to be added i feel as if it would be more fun and you would expect a lot more than just events hell even events nowadays are rare when it was first introduced it had its moments but eventually it died having this new faction and overall life style with music and fashion would be nice due to the fact players have more stuff to interact with as long as expect more fun stuff like this I mean yeah it's quite a lot of work but in the end players would be more lively then just running around the spawn jumping slabs in the flower garden plus it would have more rp since if you gonna be a music artist or youtuber in game you gonna need a crew and rp it out and like the suggestion says once a week is better than nothing a week i can see this being fun if this was to be implemented into the game

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
+1
I honestly love this idea, it seems like it would be a blast to stay the same age and be in a faction.
The detail and thought you have put into this suggestion I really love since you are expressing why, what, and how this would be a good faction/thing to be added to School roleplay.

Yes I honestly agree, this is School roleplay, not City roleplay, yet still in this suggestion you managed to make sure it was SchoolRP related and I really enjoy that since the thought of how it can still be SchoolRP and not turn into CityRP with this suggestion, although many still with say to this suggestion "It is just going to turn to CityRP with this, it really won't since the amount of detail in the writing for this.

The paychecks do honestly seem reasonable for the amount of effort that is being put into this and the amount of work the faction is having to do, I think the paychecks are pretty good, but that may just be my opinion.

Overall I really love this idea and it seems great with starting a new faction, plus on the fact you have everything detailed makes it easier to understand what is going to happen with it.
I'm gonna have to agree with this since I think the idea is absolutely amazing.

+1 Imma have to agree with this because if this was to be added i feel as if it would be more fun and you would expect a lot more than just events hell even events nowadays are rare when it was first introduced it had its moments but eventually it died having this new faction and overall life style with music and fashion would be nice due to the fact players have more stuff to interact with as long as expect more fun stuff like this I mean yeah it's quite a lot of work but in the end players would be more lively then just running around the spawn jumping slabs in the flower garden plus it would have more rp since if you gonna be a music artist or youtuber in game you gonna need a crew and rp it out and like the suggestion says once a week is better than nothing a week i can see this being fun if this was to be implemented into the game

Glad you both agree! I was gonna go as far as to make a quick app template for it but it's already so late so maybe some other time!

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
+1
I'm so happy you did the suggestion that we talked about, and I completely agree with all your statements. When I asked you the question of 'What would be a good faction to be added?' you did not disappointed. The more and more you talked about it with me, the more I realized this needs to be added to SRP, the 'Entertainment Faction' and if Lovely can actually hook us up with this that would be amazing!

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
+1
Incredible suggestion with an enormous potential!

Looking forwards to see what a faction like this would be able to do

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
bigggg +1

i also hate the 'it's a schoolrp! not a cityrp' people

its clearly evolved so much since its inception, it doesn't need these limitations holding it down.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
+1 / -1

I'm going to be the first one here to disagree with this idea. To bring up the comment you made that a form of a Music Discord and such has been made before, you are correct it has been but you must take into account that there are those who have no Music Experience. As I am a Music Student myself in my 3rd year of College I can 100% say making music is not difficult whatsoever, but when you bring the complex idea of 'Music' into Minecraft and try to make it simple it just becomes cringe (This isn't a serious argument just a little bit of a joke). Minecraft Parody Songs are a great example. Now the positive to this would be that it brings out the creative side to Players which I agree would be amazing and it brings a whole new experience to the Server when you are now a Roleplayer and a Creator, but, I do not believe this should be a Faction. I am not throwing out your ideas of Plays / TV Shows etc. But we've done Plays before and they sooner or later get dry and honestly are so difficult to catch up with and many Players just end up walking out. A TV Show I am not sure that would work either but if it were a Game Show for Players to join in on then yes, great.

I'd have a lot more to write but honestly I'd rather hear more Players opinions and the Staff Teams too as I'll be sure to discuss this a lot. I like the idea a lot but it just seems like a loose cannon but I appreciate the suggestion nonetheless

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
+1 / -1

I'm going to be the first one here to disagree with this idea. To bring up the comment you made that a form of a Music Discord and such has been made before, you are correct it has been but you must take into account that there are those who have no Music Experience. As I am a Music Student myself in my 3rd year of College I can 100% say making music is not difficult whatsoever, but when you bring the complex idea of 'Music' into Minecraft and try to make it simple it just becomes cringe (This isn't a serious argument just a little bit of a joke). Minecraft Parody Songs are a great example. Now the positive to this would be that it brings out the creative side to Players which I agree would be amazing and it brings a whole new experience to the Server when you are now a Roleplayer and a Creator, but, I do not believe this should be a Faction. I am not throwing out your ideas of Plays / TV Shows etc. But we've done Plays before and they sooner or later get dry and honestly are so difficult to catch up with and many Players just end up walking out. A TV Show I am not sure that would work either but if it were a Game Show for Players to join in on then yes, great.

I'd have a lot more to write but honestly I'd rather hear more Players opinions and the Staff Teams too as I'll be sure to discuss this a lot. I like the idea a lot but it just seems like a loose cannon but I appreciate the suggestion nonetheless

I appreciate the feedback and your doubts/concerns about this being possible which makes sense. So I will try to ease it a bit of course.

It is somewhat of a small thing with big ambitious projects to do. Scheduling, filming, writing, editing. It takes a bunch of dedicated people to work together to make it work out. I'm already thinking of a few approaches to the subject of shows and plays but we're essentially making those famous minecraft movies. A good amount of work done 'oocly' yet roleplayed out 'icly' to create some sense of entertainment. So far I can tell some people are willing to be part of it and create something since this indeed will bring out their creative side. Music is very interesting indeed. A friend of mine introduced me to an interesting program that uses voicebanks so we've been working on that to see if we can make original songs for our characters to use in game. Pretty interesting concept. Anyways, am glad to know your opinion :> I want to give this side of roleplay a bit of spotlight and a chance to see what can we possibly do with it as it may take time and dedication!

Rebel

Level 53
+1

This idea is a very good one, as you told me before you posted this and I like the idea very much, would add a whole new aspect to the server. I 100% agree this would be a good idea!

lunately

Level 11
lunately
lunately
Fundraiser+
+1/ -1 The idea of Music you're bringing up is a good idea, and it can be executed easily, which is why Im giving a +1, whereas filmmaking takes slightly more effort and is alot more time consuming and IRL money consuming, assuming you have someone that can do the following though: Film, Render, Edit, Voice Act, Direct, etc... then I'd give a +1, but most of the people in the community just dont have enough ooc experience, making any movies made downright cringeworthy.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
+1/ -1 The idea of Music you're bringing up is a good idea, and it can be executed easily, which is why Im giving a +1, whereas filmmaking takes slightly more effort and is alot more time consuming and IRL money consuming, assuming you have someone that can do the following though: Film, Render, Edit, Voice Act, Direct, etc... then I'd give a +1, but most of the people in the community just dont have enough ooc experience, making any movies made downright cringeworthy.

Thanks for your opinion! The part with filmmaking, there’s already a good amount of aspiring filmmakers in srp. To be real, this wouldn’t really cost irl money whatsoever unless someone wants to go all out to buy some programs to help with production. There’s free softwares that can deal with this. Experience to say the least isn’t really an issue. It’s all about learning from your failures and to obviously receive help and training from people who have done certain things before like with editing and voice acting. But yes it is going to take time to do but it’s worth the effort. It’s not solely about whether it’s cringe or not, it’s just about being able to come together to create something and have fun roleplaying it out. But thanks for your concern/support for part of it ;D

Khrizantema

Level 9
Khrizanthemums
Khrizanthemums
Omega
+1 !!

I love this idea and the opportunities it can bring! It actually reminded me of the rap battles popping up around Karakura, and it made me think: Oh dear lord, there are probably going to be idol groups in the entertainment industry. Those idol groups are gonna get heckin' swarmed.
And as this thought had shown in my mind, I then decided: Yes. This is something I want to see.

But that aside, I really feel that the entertainment faction is a great idea!! IMO, I don't really see the point of the 'it's going to be cringeworthy' arguments, because as long as you had fun, that was all that matters! God, I really want to see this be a thing-- MODS. PLEASE LET THIS BE A THING.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
+1 !!

I love this idea and the opportunities it can bring! It actually reminded me of the rap battles popping up around Karakura, and it made me think: Oh dear lord, there are probably going to be idol groups in the entertainment industry. Those idol groups are gonna get heckin' swarmed.
And as this thought had shown in my mind, I then decided: Yes. This is something I want to see.

But that aside, I really feel that the entertainment faction is a great idea!! IMO, I don't really see the point of the 'it's going to be cringeworthy' arguments, because as long as you had fun, that was all that matters! God, I really want to see this be a thing-- MODS. PLEASE LET THIS BE A THING.

Ah yeah I think I remember the random rap battles I happen to come across. Back when everyone's dream to reach some sort of fame for their character when it came to music and such. Good times!

Users who are viewing this thread