mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

A program to help greenies

Seashard

Level 2
IGN: Seashard
DATE: November 20, 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: A program where players can sign up to help greenies. Like if a new greenie requests help they can go to a discord server or something and someone who's a part of the program can "adopt a greenie". They can show them around, answer questions, and help them understand the rules.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I think it will help more greenies feel welcome and have a better understanding of the server and its rules which could lead to wanting to log on again which could help the server grow.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
You know that this 'program' could be simply players that actually want to help new people on the server right... Like... Simply help them instead of ignoring them?!

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
Neutral

If you want to help new players you may do so, after all we all were green tags once and probably had no experience in RP. I would've liked to get some help but as Maria mentioned, popular players or just any other player ignore them and avoid rping with them, which I don't think it's the way to go.

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
I literally just help greenies i find around the map honestly lmfao. it's kind've sad it's not something people just. . . .do.

Prizebox

Level 9
What I do is answer thier questions they put in ooc chat, it's simple, plus it's nice when they wait for the cool down to run out to say thank you.

DivingBlues

Level 54
Builder
Lore Team
I still do to this day sit down with new players for about 2-3 hours and run down with them on the rules some are trolls so I ignore them but they’re so lovely. I starting teaching icly because I wanted to and to help them and I still do. This doesn’t really need to be implanted but I think people should start taking some interest in trying to help them some more. I don’t mind the idea but I also don’t think it would be the best. Greenies just need some guidance they don’t need help all the time just some one to start them off and get them going and they’ll find their feet from there.

MayoMan

Level 18
MayoGulper
MayoGulper
Notable
You know that this 'program' could be simply players that actually want to help new people on the server right... Like... Simply help them instead of ignoring them?!
Yeah a lot of popular players or players in general who know how to RP tend to ignore greenies and be toxic about them in /looc or in /ooc. which in reality is kinda pathetic as they was once greenies too LMAO

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
Yeah a lot of popular players or players in general who know how to RP tend to ignore greenies and be toxic about them in /looc or in /ooc. which in reality is kinda pathetic as they was once greenies too LMAO
This is very accurate

FadedMoonlight

Level 60
Congrats, you just described 90% of the player base.

It's sad that the community is toxic in some areas. I took was shown the toxicity of the server's more popular players. I try to help where I can, and it's nice to interact with people who are new to the server.

While this suggestion is in good heart.. the issue really could be settled easily if people just weren't such jerks tbh. But I guess that applies to more than just the server.

MayoMan

Level 18
MayoGulper
MayoGulper
Notable
Congrats, you just described 90% of the player base.

It's sad that the community is toxic in some areas. I took was shown the toxicity of the server's more popular players. I try to help where I can, and it's nice to interact with people who are new to the server.

While this suggestion is in good heart.. the issue really could be settled easily if people just weren't such jerks tbh. But I guess that applies to more than just the server.
Yeah when i started SRP almost 2 years ago, i hardly had any help. A lot of people was super snobby towards me and just didnt care to help. Luckily I manged to find a few people who taught me how to basic RP/CombatRP. etc. It is really sad that Greenies get treated with such disrespect. They want to go onto a RP server to have fun but then get abuse thrown at them for being new.

FadedMoonlight

Level 60
Yeah when i started SRP almost 2 years ago, i hardly had any help. A lot of people was super snobby towards me and just didnt care to help. Luckily I manged to find a few people who taught me how to basic RP/CombatRP. etc. It is really sad that Greenies get treated with such disrespect. They want to go onto a RP server to have fun but then get abuse thrown at them for being new.
Absolutely, I was lucky enough to have someone teach me combat, among other things. I joined about a year ago and my Grade 9 character was majored by a group of three. I hadn't done anything to give them perms, this much I knew, so I told them as much. They then threatened to get staff involved because I wasn't complying.

MayoMan

Level 18
MayoGulper
MayoGulper
Notable
Absolutely, I was lucky enough to have someone teach me combat, among other things. I joined about a year ago and my Grade 9 character was majored by a group of three. I hadn't done anything to give them perms, this much I knew, so I told them as much. They then threatened to get staff involved because I wasn't complying.
That's sadly how it is, they try to bend the rules on the greenies and threaten them with something like "ILL GET STAFF" to make them comply with them.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

i already do this

this community is too stuck up on being rude to new players

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
IGN: Seashard
DATE: November 20, 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: A program where players can sign up to help greenies. Like if a new greenie requests help they can go to a discord server or something and someone who's a part of the program can "adopt a greenie". They can show them around, answer questions, and help them understand the rules.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I think it will help more greenies feel welcome and have a better understanding of the server and its rules which could lead to wanting to log on again which could help the server grow.
I think the fact that you are labeling them as "greenies" throughout this entire post weakens your suggestion, it is a term often used in a derogatory context toward new players of the server, and that word in itself pushes new players away from the SRP community. A way you can help out is by not only discouraging the use of that term but going around the map and helping them yourself. It isn't hard to RP with a new player, just walk up to them ICly and strike up a conversation!

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
This program exists, it’s called the general community and perhaps even, staff

cho0ii

Level 173
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I think this program is think, it's called I believe 'Helping greentags'? Just teach them how to understand the game and they'll do okay

Users who are viewing this thread