A retooling of /spawn

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: SchoolRP
DATE: 9th June
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Randomize the /spawn location. To elaborate: Make it so /spawn doesn't take you to the plaza and instead, a random, different street in the map every time. (Sometimes you spawn in the City area, outside the Bowling Alley,, other times near the Saiky Estates for example)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I think the addition of a Plaza is detrimental to SRP rather then a good feature. Having just a tonnnn of people cramped up at spawn... IDLING (who would do that in real life??) is just weird and unnatural (there's no seats either guys!)

If you will, call back to the days of 11/7... What was spawn like? It was simply just 'in front' of the school - no street separating it or big passive land that was made to be idled in. Now having 11/7 being the player-imposed main area was not perfect but I also think that not everybody went to 11/7, that it was a lot lower of a percent and that more people did infact disperse themselves. I think having players disperse themselves would improve the roleplay experience outside of simply spawn, like hey - with spawn removed people might actually start using the now essentially ghost town bowling alley or skate park!

I believe the map suffers from the players not being spread out enough, roleplaying in different areas in smaller groups rather then a good majority at spawn would be a GREAT thing for SRP. (Like how it is for FRP during peak hours) I think the removal of the plaza as well (maybe extend the parks on either side or continue the city area into it as well as a retooling of /spawn would definitely allow players to be highly encouraged to spread out!) This would be a great way to improve the roleplay experience.

Last edited:

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
The build team and I have actually spoken about this a long time ago. SRP has always had a social hotspot whether it be at the family store (like in 2017/2018), or at the plaza. Either way, randomizing warp spawn will really just confuse people and they’ll end up coming back to the plaza anyways as that’s the current “social hotspot” on SRP. The server essentially NEEDS that social hotspot.

Also sometimes I tell people to warp spawn and it’ll be MAD annoying when half of us are spawning 500 blocks away from each other. It’ll cause a warp spawn spam

pashy

Level 183
This actually sounds like a cool suggestion but I think for SRP where we already got used to the plaza being the main location of the server and like Infi said a hotspot it wouldn't be a good change idea

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+

This can be easily abused by people. Imagine you're being chased, and you /spawn .. Takes you to a completely different location. Much the same as doing the command now to get away. . I agree with Infi

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
The build team and I have actually spoken about this a long time ago. SRP has always had a social hotspot whether it be at the family store (like in 2017/2018), or at the plaza. Either way, randomizing warp spawn will really just confuse people and they’ll end up coming back to the plaza anyways as that’s the current “social hotspot” on SRP. The server essentially NEEDS that social hotspot.

Also sometimes I tell people to warp spawn and it’ll be MAD annoying when half of us are spawning 500 blocks away from each other. It’ll cause a warp spawn spam
not if we remove the plaza like suggested. We've become accustomed to a worse alternative.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

I've wanted to suggest the removal of the spawn area for a WHILE now, I remember when the spawn area didn't exist, and it genuinely felt way more RP-inducing. Not only is the plaza a huge waste of space for something that has no IC purpose, but there are also better places for players to spawn. Just before the plaza was introduced, you spawned in front of the school gates. The game is being promoted as 'SchoolRP', so starting right in front of the school I believe is a good option. Alternatively, the 11/7, family store or the bowling alley seem like better places.

TLDR; The plaza causes a lack of RP, a waste of space on the map, and it's just an AFK-haven.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
-1 We've already seen the removal of one "social hotspot" that being the sorofrat, when it was removed the Shed was promised as the new hangout area but no one uses it. Rather than creating a new hotspot, there was just nothing.

Personally, I really like having a spot where there's lots of random people to go talk to, and if it's at spawn then so be it. It's better than nothing..

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Teleporting to random locations would be disruptiv. Imagine doing /spawn and you're right in the middle of some gangrp fight

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Now that I'm more awake I'm going to write some feedback adding to my +1

I love the idea, its amazing! But there should be an in-between. I say you make it so that you change the name of the /warp spawn to something else and it allows your suggestion to happen, however, /spawn is changed to warping you from infront of the school or the plaza so there is a mid-ground for people to be capable of meeting up. If you entirely remove it, the server will spree into chaos and confusion so a mid ground would be quite nice. /warp spawn could change to just warp and teleport you to certain unused areas of the map that need more activity, for example the bowling alley, laundry matt, shrine(s), beach, hot springs, 11/7, certain areas in the forest, etc. with major cooldowns (60 seconds atleast). Now for issues:

This can be easily abused by people. Imagine you're being chased, and you /spawn .. Takes you to a completely different location. Much the same as doing the command now to get away. . I agree with Infi
It already happens, just report failrp/avoidrp/whatever to staff.

Teleporting to random locations would be disruptiv. Imagine doing /spawn and you're right in the middle of some gangrp fight
I meannn the amount of people who spontaneously decide "Hey, let's go fight/use perms at/near plaza!" Already is ridiculously insane. I swear it happens extremely often, as the gangrp community (not all some sections: certain people) decided to do it in public.

Personally, I really like having a spot where there's lots of random people to go talk to, and if it's at spawn then so be it. It's better than nothing..
I just agree with this.

Back to what I said above about not entirely removing the plaza however adding the option to warp to multiple different places and potentially interact with new folks. There is a command on School-Roleplay's sister server (yes I am bringing up FRP, apologies) that allows you to see what faction certain roleplayers are in to create more interactions; something like this could be similar, in the form of teleporting people to a moreso current local hotspot to increase interactions!

WAYY tl;dr, just make it optional (:

I've wanted to suggest the removal of the spawn area for a WHILE now, I remember when the spawn area didn't exist, and it genuinely felt way more RP-inducing. Not only is the plaza a huge waste of space for something that has no IC purpose, but there are also better places for players to spawn.
And damn, okay adios

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
everyone is already used to the plaza, there is no reason to remove it..
Read the points listed by myself or other players (like ImKana especially) for the reasons why it would be a positive improvement. There is obviously a reason for it's removal otherwise it would not have been suggested. If you can't for whatever reasons then it's as follows:

• The Plaza is a large waste of land and could be used more efficiently once spawn is removed.
  • /spawn promotes an afk culture.
  • causes a lack of RP, or lazy rp more importantly. (Usually all I see are huddles of people talking in LOOC)
  • The server has never needed a /spawn enforced social hotspot (If a hotspot naturally arises then that is fine), you've become accustomed to the worse alternative with the current method.
  • Would remove the /spawn gangrp debates. (one less safezone to complain about also)
  • I really suggest you play on FRP where the server has a lot more of the methods that I think should be put in place. FRP doesn't have any AFK hubs (except maybe the tutorial area, but nobody ever talks in LOOC dronelessly.)
  • Allows for new players to explore the map in a better light.
I think for the people who are against the idea -- you need to be a little bit more optimistic and be ready to go out of your comfort zone as this idea is definitely a wild one for most people. This is a good idea and we've just become very very comfortable with the current. A change of pace is the superior model.

Dude, it would be the same way with /warp spawn. People AvoidRP by using that or just logging on the spot. I personally think this is a +1 because its unique and creative, I wouldn't mind teleporting to a random spot near plaza. Yes, it can easily be abused but so can the other commands that involve warping, we'd have the same problems with those commands too. And there's a such thing as reporting, if a player is abusing the command just report them to staff, as simple as that. Just look at both the pros and cons of this before downing the suggestion.

original.gif
[Grade-12][18] Damien DonQuixote | NEW!
[Grade-12][18] Xeno Kataguri
[Grade-12][18] Santiro Kurokawa
[Grade-12][18] Sakuta H. Santarossa

Users who are viewing this thread