A Variety of Feedback by Totoro_Sam

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: SRP + referring to @Muudkiip's original post
DATE: 26/4/21
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: https://schoolrp.net/threads/beach-pier.26708/ was never completed and should be assessed now given how long it has been.

The beach has become a waste of what was once a great roleplaying area, it is now always empty and is a barren wasteland of what it used to be. It doesn't even need to be rebuilt, all it needs is a quick world edit //paste back to how it was, that's all anyone can ask for.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: SRP
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Instead of languages being given via forums, each player should get the opportunity to learn a language with a max allowed languages being 3. It would be done the exact same way it is done in FantasyRP except language books would be sold in the Karakura Library (giving a functional purpose to it with use of a NPC.) the "Common" language would be Japanese however other languages such as English, Chinese, French and whatever other pre-existing languages as well as joke languages like Klingon would be teachable. SRP needs to start utilising all of the superior FantasyRP plugins as there is no extra use for SRP utilising pre-existing plugins we already know.

This is NOT complicated at all in which I think would be the only reasonable explanation for a possible denial. SRP should all take place In-character as one of the main advertisements in SRP is that "It is all handled by the player base"

It is ridiculous that we are this far behind FRP standards of Plugin integration and still use an archaic forum-application system for simple things like Languages.

FRP PLUGIN REFERENCE:
upload_2021-4-26_23-36-2.png

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Increase how many player-owned housing is available via increasing pre-existing apartment floor levels / Re-introduce housing that uses the apartment plugin / adding a train station / bus route to an external part of the map that functions around cheap college affordable living spaces that is built for students that is further out of the city. ICly it would serve the purpose of what the surrounding suburbia of a city is, cheaper district housing for those who need to frequent the city but can't afford to pay the rates often inclined in living directly in the city, like how everyone does currently.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
I get this suggestion; There have been several feedback posts before regarding how FRP features should be introduced in SchoolRP. However, you must note that there are limited resources, and staff will always avoid trying to create new plugins for things that can already be done without the necessity of them. It is purely because we are seeking the best performance for the server. If I remember correctly, a main issue that occurred around a year ago was that the lag in SchoolRP was pretty concerning, making the roleplay experience not as enjoyable. However, thanks to the removal of some unnecessary plugins, the server managed to achieve a great performance that allows most, if not all players to have a nice server connection

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Reintroduce the original Aquarium. It was a great place to RP and the shopping district is bland, there should be NPC Aquarium for people to RP or have it be owned by a Player. The Aquarium was a great place during the 2019 season period of SRP and it was a shame that it got turned into the SAT base. It should be returned to its original glory, I for one know I would frequent it to Roleplay.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
As Yonio stated, SRP struggles enough to run smoothly considering the amount of plugins that build SRP. While simple, they use a nice amount of resources, not to mention the custom 3D textures we use. I'm sorry, but I crash enough already, so it's a big no from me, a cool suggestion nonetheless.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Make Saturday and Sunday go by quicker via increasing timespeed during those days. It's pretty simple. Each IC day is 6 hours oocly, together that's 12 hours. It makes absolutely no sense why we spend so much time having NO school on a server called SCHOOLRP. There will be time for school to be out as the time period before and after each school day is very long in it of itself. It just makes no sense why a lot of people should just have to afk at spawn whilst they wait for Sunday to end for them to reach the main roleplay district.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Back in the 2nd map when /lay was originally added when you were to do /lay you'd actually enter a sleeping menu as if you were in a bed. I request that it be added back in as currently it always feels really awkward to just be standing up while my character is supposed to be on the floor. / If it was removed due to the sleeping menu being annoying, at least make it so that if you do F5 that you can see your character laying.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Introduce the FRP vote rewards instead of SRP's static and nonshifting 350 yen per vote. I know for sure that I and a good 40% of the playerbase would routinely vote if they're was proper rewards, and considering that SRP is the bigger of the two servers it means that it'd have a larger effect on growing the RPH community

FANTASYRP REFERENCE:
upload_2021-4-27_0-12-20.png

Examples of possible rewards:
Vote Streak 1: 350y
Vote Streak 2: 500y
Vote Streak 3: 500y
Vote Streak 4: 500y
Vote Streak 5: a new crystal/mineral thing similar to the Tanzanite
Vote Streak 6: 500y
Vote Streak 7: 500
Vote Streak 8: 750
Vote Streak 9: 800
Vote Streak 10: one of the public electronic customs
Vote Streak 11: 1250
Vote Streak 12: 1250
Vote Streak 13: 1250
Vote Streak 14: 1500
Vote Streak 15: 1500
Vote Streak 16: 1500
Vote Streak 17: 1500
Vote Streak 18: 2000
Vote Streak 19: 2500
Vote Streak 20: 3000
Vote Streak 21: 3500
Vote Streak 22: 4000
Vote Streak 23: 4500
Vote Streak 24: 5000
Vote Streak 25: 10,000
Vote Streak 26: 15,000
Vote Streak 27: 20,000
Vote Streak 28: 25,000
Vote Streak 29: 50,000
Vote Streak 30: An alternating monthly custom created uniquely for this, these would be wanted for Players as they'd be valuable and easy to auction off.

suneaterchan

Level 105
+1
I’m a pier supporter personally & have boasted how much I’ve wanted it returned various times in the past.. summer is also coming up & with the delay of the new map, it might be a little refreshing to have in the meantime

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
+1?
I'm not as sure what it used to be like since I'm just a few months old in srp but... I think something new would just be good seeing how the map has become uh... Boring to see everyday? I mean, there are not enough places to hang out with your IC friends, so something like this would be better than the usual and monotone beach.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Introduce poison via syringe model. Players should have more ways to kill people other then the direct "/me stabs in the neck."

types of syringes I want added, however I'm sure players could think of some others.

1. Etorphine Syringe - a semi-synthetic opioid possessing an ****gesic potency approximately 1,000-3,000 times that of morphine. A drug used to immobilise elephants and other large mammals. A tiny dose of Etorphine would be put into a syringe to be able to inject into victims as a way of immobilizing them, knocking them out completely. The sedative would work instantly and would render them immobile and unable to remember prior events without information recall (Mention of what had happened or by visual in encounter)

This would be used to immobilise players as well as a way to make characters forget their memories incase they see a face, this makes it so they cannot snitch to the police. This would promote a good alternate to simply 'killing off' well developed GangRP characters. It can be thrown and cannot be stolen given the size of a syringe, with the only 'grabbable part' being the metal.

2. Ricin Syringe - a carbohydrate-binding protein as well as a hightly potent toxin produced in the seeds of the castor oil plant, Ricinus communis. A dose of purified ricin powder the size of a few grains of table salt can kill an adult human, however can be applied as a liquid, in the form of a similar dose in a syringe.

This would be able to kill players if not taken to the Hospital within 10 ooc minutes of injection. This would be a sneaky way of killing a player and would be a smart alternative to a katana. It can be thrown and cannot be stolen given the size of a syringe, with the only 'grabbable part' being the metal.

DISCLAIMER: I would've put it in BMD discord but I figured it was big enough to receive a suggestion thread.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: An addition to the apartment plugin. /apartment available. It would show you the names of any unpurchased apartments as well as their unit level and number, this would save an hour of time for any Player searching for an Apartment.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Add a tunnel over across from the Herrington Estates (exactly like the one across from the Saiky Estates) in which isn't destroyed and has barriers to stop us from actually leaving. It'll explain how people exit and leave Karakura as currently the only possible 'exit' would be if you left via the ocean. It's really stupid and it isn't that hard. People should be able to explain how they traverse outside of Karakura as currently there isn't really a concrete explanation

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Implement /classroom to College Professors. I have a hard enough time getting college-students into my classroom (considering that I teach a boring ass subject) I think a lot of people skip out on classes because they don't want to run across the college floors trying to find it. It wouldn't be that complicated to just convert the classrooms into the plugin and then give permissions for the professor rank to use /class. This would also allow us to kick students who troll (It happpens, even in college!)

a /class join command would be so very helpful for students

This would make teaching easier and should be implemented. I seriously cannot think of a single reason, stupid or reasonable for why this should be denied, It really isn't hard to introduce.

This would be an amazing quality-of-life update so that students can get to class easier and so that classes can be a bit more automated, which helps Professors.

Last edited:

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Allow for non shopkeepers (people who own secondary shops) to have shops in their tower not apartment floors. There is no reason why a Tailor company isn't allowed to have their operations be done ICly in a tower floor. It's just stupid that this isn't allowed, theres no proper reason. Same goes with bars and other event floors.

If I want to host an event say a wedding reception. The only place I would be able to realistically do it in is La Casa and that would be a lot of work.

People should be allowed to be as expressive and creative with their floors and their non-shopkeeper companies as possible.

This is all coming from somebody who already HAS a shopkeeper tag.

Last edited:

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Allow players to access /bal top. I personally would like to see it where I stand against #1.

A practical use for this is that a lot of people lie about how much they have, this would be an easy and effective way to see if players are being genuine, this also would stop the on slaughter of boasting I hear about people and how much minecraft server money they have. This would all be ooc.

Last edited:

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: add /text as well as /voicemail and in contribution to /voicemail; /voicemail list a command in which to check your unopened voicemails. as alternatives to /call. Players shouldn't need to improvise by adding [T] to the front of their message.

/text example - Contact Name would text "message text, blah blah blah!"
/voicemail example - You would recieve a voicemail from Contact Name saying "voice mail text!!! brrr"

however where voicemails would differentiate is that you can send a voice message regardless of if a player is online or if they're phone is off, they're would be a command to check the list of unopened voicemails and players could be able to check them whenever.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Introduce incentives to sleep. SRP is so incredibly unrealistic in that everyone is constantly awake even late at night. During the First map this was combatted by forcing students into their dorms by nightfall - however due to the Second Map lacking a dormsroom for either gender this has been since abandoned. Here are my solutions:

1. Introduce malnutrition as a result of not sleeping. Some type of effect (similar to the effects of /drunk) if a player has not entered a bed within x amount of hours of being online.
Or
2. Simply skip hours past 12 pm and have an ingame /advert like command that explains that nightfall has come and gone and that is a new morning. Players would f2b the recent events of the night such as what they did before they went to bed or lack their-of.

Last edited:

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
-1/+1
It’s sure easier, but it does not help the roleplay situation at all. As a college professor you’re dealing with players who have put effort into getting the role and can have the role taken away from them while HS teachers have new players joining each second; if you cannot deal with students Icly, it’s probably best to just either call SLT, council, or apply for any HS teaching spots
I agree with oph
there is nothing wrong with allowing students the ease of /join classroom number.
It's nice to have, simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread