Administrator
News Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+

Personal Information:

IGN: stereoscopics [ALTS: Aania, FabulousCookies]

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): Aania#1960

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord? Yes, I do, I am always open to communication too.

Your time zone and current country of residence: CET - Germany

Link any previous community team applications if applicable: I have no community team applications, but in the past, I was staff for almost two years. (Which you can confirm with staff if they check the staff applications)

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team? Understandable, one needs active members.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team: Well, currently I am a bit busy, but some of these things could include:​
  • School​
  • Internships​
  • Family Events​
  • Personal Things​

What makes you passionate about writing?: Well, writing has always been a passion of mine. I am quite an openly creative person and enjoy creating scenarios. Which is something I do daily, even when watching new shows and movies. I’ve always been a writer, in school with either creative story writing or at home, creating ‘alternate’ endings to shows. It’s a way to create your perfect situation in the way you want. Which I find amazing. There's no real rules to writing, nothing telling you how you can and how you can't do it. In the end, you're the one writing the rules.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?: I do, I used to do a lot of creative writing in school, literally writing 3 pages due to my mind just racing with ideas. I’ve helped friends create D&D characters and their backstories, which they still use to this day, and making characters for SRP. I have created my backstories and even my plotlines which I wanted my characters to go through individually.

In your own words, give your definition of lore: Lore is the history for characters or people. It’s acknowledged by many and given on and on, for people to tell. It keeps up with the most historical events and writes them down, for people in the future who wish to gain more knowledge on something like; The town’s history, the history of a weapon, etc.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The event took place between two people, a father and a son. The father struggling with his anxiety-filled job as a police officer in Karakura and his large family with strict rules and hormonal teenagers. Meanwhile, the boy struggled with his emotional problems, trying to find himself and manage the coping mechanisms his father had created for himself, as well as trying to fix a "messed up" family. The tension between the two had been intense in recent days, with the father coming home intoxicated and pouring out his anger and grief. While his life was on the line, the eldest was trying to fix it. However, he didn't do it for his father, instead, he did it for his siblings, for his baby brother who was only three months old.

After a night of high spirits, the boy returned from a school dance, already dejected from the rejection he had perceived when his crush had kissed another person. As well as not being able to enjoy the evening, but being stuck behind a camera. The feeling of irritability surged in the teen. As for the father, now. He was in a long dispute with his wife, with his own best friend, and, of course, a dangerous shift at work, which meant that his resort was to drink again. By the time the boy got home, his father was practically sprawled out on the counter, his whiskey spilled and shards of glass from what appeared to be a drinking glass laid there. But it wasn't all that that set the boy off, it wasn't the way his father displayed himself. For him, it was how his younger siblings had to observe this, the way his sisters and younger brother had to watch their father and look at him, completely aware. This was a normal state of being. His state led the boy to pour out all his anger, not just at this situation, but life in general, this wasn't just a scream with which he stormed away. His father himself recoiled, his own troubles surfacing and being vented. All the siblings were able to do was sit there and observe.

The fight ended, with tear-stained faces of both parties, with the boy receiving a sharp slap to the face, knocking him to the ground and uttering probably the most hurtful words for a parent to hear, sober or not, blurted out from the teenager: "I WISH I COULD KILL YOU!". It was after more than an hour that silence fell over the house, the only sound was the boy dashing out of the building and slamming the door shut.
Finally, after many hours of desperately trying to contact the boy and sober up the father, they reached an agreement. They were going to meet at the top of the mountain, where there would be a calming atmosphere and a neutral place for both of them. For one party the result seemed to be successful, for the other it seemed to be an awakening.

The man began to explain his side, his feelings. The struggles in his life and how, despite his age, it was difficult to find healthy coping mechanisms, yet how can you explain that to a 17-year-old? To a teenager? A typically irrational person. It's rough, for both sides. The boy was shouting at his father, venting his feelings about his father, searching for ways to stop his problems from further ruining him, but unfortunately, there was no reply. There was no comprehension, only blame on the boy and no stopping the feelings the boy was experiencing. Only yelled words of loathing.
The father gripped the boy's arms and pinned them to his shirt collar. He spun them around so that his son was the only thing preventing him from a fatal drop. It was a silent plea, no words, just their raw emotions, "Would you do it?". It was at that moment that he truly tested their bond, a bond he hoped he hadn't completely broken. A gut-wrenching cry escaped the boy as he broke down, “I CAN'T!!” and for him. To the father, that was the end of the sentence. He straightened up and began to walk. He truly believed that there was a bit of love in the hatred his son was expressing. So, with a confident and satisfied smile, he went home. He who believed that he had won.

But to the boy kneeling there, his eyes stinging from the many tears, that sentence was not finished: “I can't do it, I wouldn't be able to get away with it.” There was no love, no compassion for the man who had left him on the mountain, not a single shred of the boy wanted to let him live. All that stopped him was his rational side, the side that told him it could never be the perfect murder.
Now he wonders if it had been the perfect opportunity if he would have gone through with it. - [833 Words]

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

[This isn’t exactly what the prompt asks for, but I asked demurity if I can follow through with my idea and she approved!]

In the early 1800s, the island known as Karakura was the epitome of peace. You could give your child into a stranger's hand and return minutes later to find it unharmed. However, nowadays, if you shake hands with someone, they more often than not will cut it off.

Originally, the island was a secure place for the people who practiced Shintoism, located far away from the big cities and violent wars. Karakura was itself like a paradise, with fruitful land, vast forests, never-ending mountains, and a golden shore.
In the early 1900s, that changed. Wealthy people from all over Japan became intrigued by this small island and were eager to make a profit from it. The government itself had no objection, as Karakura had no real political influence and was considered irrelevant. This led to the construction of buildings, roads, and piers beginning in 1950 along with the destruction of the ancestral home that the citizens of Karakura had once known. The only thing they were left with was their monastery at the top of the mountain. Their expeditions revealed that Karakura not only offered valuable resources such as ripe and healthy food. In addition, it offered unimaginable quantities of raw materials, which in turn piqued the interest of the government.

All over the island, along the shores and at the foot of the mountains, veins appeared where you could see mine carts driving up and down, filled to the brim with discovered valuables. This continued for years. However, months after the work began, problems emerged. Miners had become aggressive, some even nearly attacking their companions, others smashing their heads against the rock walls, causing their deaths. The officials and supervisors placed the blame on the long hours that the miners had to endure, leaving it at that. Those of the miners who made complaints or instigated trouble always vanished without a trace.

Over the months, it spread like a virus, like an epidemic. Mothers imprisoned their children at home going berserk. Children attacking each other for the childish reason of wanting a toy that the other received before them. It was like a purge, no one was safe anymore, all the people turned into rabid animals. At that point, the Japanese government finally came to the realization that something had to be done.
The entire island of Karakura was isolated in quarantine, no one was permitted to enter or leave it. Segregated from the mainland, fires, crumbled buildings, and faraway cries of the people who once lived there peacefully could soon be seen and heard from the shoreline.
During the course of many months, fully protected officials went to the island in boats and took in the people who were still alive as test subjects, since the urgency of discovering what had happened on that island was a top priority.

As it turned out, the mining expeditions of the workers there had resulted in the release of some type of gas. Located on the grounds of Karakura, the gas posed no real threat, but due to the constant exploitation, large doses of it became airborne, infecting people and causing them to devolve. The people who were in the immediate proximity of the gas rapidly devolved and grew more hostile. Meanwhile, those who were not directly exposed to it underwent a more gradual degeneration, and while they were significantly more aggressive, it was not to an alarming degree.
Having found the knowledge, the government knew that if this was passed on to others, there would be no way to rebound.
Beginning around the late 2000s, the mines were swept clean of all traces of the past struggle, capped with concrete and stone, the structures renovated, and a new school built to conceal it all. Granted, there was no way to eradicate the gas that flowed through the terrain under the mines, yet knowing that a small amount of intake could only cause minor problems, it was chosen to be ignored. In 2003, the location was re-opened to the public, offering a school for young preteens and housing for people who sought to live a quiet life. The only thing that was undoubtedly made certain was that an eruption of this gas could not occur again causing a similar kind of havoc.

This doesn't mean it doesn't affect everyone who takes a sip of water from the tap, or a person who breaths in the fresh air when stood on the top of a mountain. Or people who explore the mysterious sewers of Karakura. Only for some, the change is more apparent than for others. - [764 Words]

Thanks for reading! :D <3

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. Welcome to the team! DM me at sophia#3114 to get all your roles set up.

Users who are viewing this thread