What is your Minecraft Username?:
Abbbatha

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
N/A

What is your timezone?:
CST

Please provide your Discord tag and Identifier (ExampleName#0001):
abbatha#1209

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):
Approved -
Language Application
Approved - Language Application

Describe your activity on the server:
I am very active on the server. I'm on almost everyday for at least 3 hours! And on the weekends a lot longer. I would say I'm on 5/7 days of the week.

List your accounts and roles on this server:
Main: Abbbatha [Grade-12] Amara Yatogami
Alt: Pandatha [Grade-12] Natalie Wolf

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Yes, I am aware that if I am inactive without a log, I will be removed from the council.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:
The student council are the leaders of the school. They act as how a Karakura student should, upholding the rules and being respectful to all. They are also in charge with creating new events and hosting dances! They are creative and help nurture and fun and loving environment for the student body. Not only are we there to keep students in check, and give them fun events to attend, but if a student needs someone to talk to, or needs help, we are there for them!

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
I've been interested in finding more ways for Amara to get more involved with the community. OOC-ly, I have been on my school's student council and was president my last year. I was in charge of planning dances, making speeches at events, and being the face of the school. This came with a lot of responsibility, but I really enjoyed it. With that being said, I believe my OOC experience can really translate into my IC actions. I understand how roles work and what is needed on the council! I hope by having a leadership role, I will be able to meet more people and give myself more things to do on the server.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes I am and that is what excites me the most :)

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
  • Council President: The president of the student council is like the face of the council and the students. They need to act the role and be responsible, showcasing what attributes a Karakura student should have. They lead the council in meetings, and are who the councilors report to.
  • Council Vice-President: Takes over if the president is not able to do so. Should be treated with the same amount of respect and can lead us when our president is absent.
  • Councilors: The councilors are most of the student council. They follow in the footsteps of their president and vice-president. They help come up with ideas for events, patrol the school stopping any toxicity or rule-breaking they may see, and are very involved with the school as a whole.
  • SLT: This is the senior leadership team. They are the most important adults of the school. They can expel and suspend students, they hire faculty, and provide budgets for different matters.
  • Faculty: These are the rest of the school's staff. They help the councilors if needed, and can also provide help at dances, being the sellers of different stands.
  • Students: Our student body! We listen to the needs and wants of the students for event suggestions and ideas and hopefully can make them have a more enjoyable time at school.
SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?
I would pause for a moment, listening to their conversation. I want to make sure I do not jump into something I do not know the full context of. After hearing a bit more, I will walk up to the two girls, inserting myself in the conversation. I will let them know that verbal harassment of any form is not tolerated on school grounds, and should not be used anywhere else for that matter. I'll explain that I do not wish to get these girls in trouble, but if the altercation does not stop there, I will have to get a faculty involved.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
I will not chase them. This is exactly what they want to happen. I will remember as much details and description of the student as I can. Keeping my calm, I will radio to the other councilors and faculty. I will describe the student to them and explain that I have already warned them with a detention. Now that others know, if the student is to be seen, they will be stopped and handed a detention slip. If I find the student again, I will hand them the slip myself.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
Once again, I would take a moment to observe the situation. I want to have all the evidence needed and not jump to conclusions. After observing, I will step in a pull the councilor aside. I will remind them that abuse of their powers is against the rules and they should never treat a peer that way. I will then apologize to the student and have the councilor apologize as well. As soon as it is sorted, I will report the councilor.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
I would find another councilor who had attended the meeting, and ask them about the information I had missed. It is better to be honest about not knowing something, than going along acting like I do. That could cause problems and this situation can be solved simply with asking questions.

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
I would apologize to the teacher if I came across as disrespectful or doing something wrong. I will explain that I had been trained differently, but I will be sure to confirm the matter. Then, I will go to my higher-ups, explain the situation, and see what is said. The most important thing is to treat the teacher/receptionist with respect, as they do have more authority than myself. But I will be sure to double-check with my higher-up.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
School Food Fair! - Karakura is home to so many people from many different backgrounds. A great idea could be to hold a fair where there are a ton of booths with food from different people's cultures! I am such a foodie, and this would be a way for people to learn more about different places they didn't know much about before. Booths could be set up throughout the court yard and in the gym. Students could gather other people from the same culture and cook their favorite foods for the rest of the student body! Each booth could have items too, showcasing the student's favorite parts of their hometown.

School Retreat! - At my OOC high school, at the beginning of the school year, we would go on a retreat for one weekend. It was full of games, like volleyball, swimming, and a fun "night game" (what everyone waited for). It was basically where you had to run from one end of the camp grounds to an unknown end location, without getting caught by the teachers. It was SOO much fun. We also would put on skits! This was really fun because our school had houses like Harry Potter, so the winners of each game would get points to go towards winning the House Cup. For SRP, we could just split people in to teams, but I think having a school retreat would be so nice for the student body to get to know each other more in a low stress environment. Maybe we could hold it at the beach and then have a sleepover at night in the school gym! Have the skits be showcased on the stage the next day as well. If someone didn't already feel like they had a place in our school, they will after this fun event!

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:
Amara Yatogami

Character Gender:
Female

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
(030) 435 - 7960

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Amara is extremely kind-hearted, but will not be walked over. She never goes looking for a fight, but she will stand up for what she believes in. Amara is bubbly, wild, and extroverted. She loves making friends and having fun. But don't let that fool you, she is very mature and responsible for her age. She had to grow up quickly when she moved to Karakura with her little sister Ivy. She had to take on the role of a mother at a very young age, but really didn't mind. She loves caring for people and making sure her friends are safe.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
Amara, a half Korean-half Japanese girl, would stand before you at 5 ft 6 in. She would have long, silky light brown hair, and big, warm brown eyes. She would have a slight hourglass figure with a small waist - proportions perfect for an idol. A rich floral scent follows her wherever she goes.
body.pngbody (1).png

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
"I believe that the experiences I have been through have shaped me to who I am today, and are what make me stand out from other applicants. My mother died when I was 15, and my father moved me and my sister to his hometown in Kyoto. A few months after our move, I learned some terrible information about my father... and his connection to my mother's death. I won't get into too much detail, but it is important to explain as I had to make the decision to leave with my sister and move us here, to Karakura, to keep us safe. Even though my past hurts me, it has taught me to be strong and fight for what I believe is right. As a school councilor, I will be like a big sister to my student body. Being an older sister is not just about being kind and caring, but also teaching what is right and wrong. I will uphold the rules of Karakura High School and make sure it is an environment everyone feels safe in."

Why do you want this position?:
"I want this position for many reasons, but one is I would like to take on a bigger role at school. Moving from Korea, I have met a lot of people here, but still feel a bit outside of the bubble. I really do love having fun and making friends, so being able to host events and come up with creative ideas for new ones sounds so exciting. But I also really care about making Karakura High School a place people want to go to. I do not want students dreading their days at school, which is why I want to be able to monitor and make sure everyone is treated with kindness."

What interests you the most about student council?:
"I cannot lie, hosting and creating events for the school really excites me. I love socializing and holding events. When I was young, I would come up with new games for me and my little sister to play. It made me happy to see her happy. And that's what I want to continue to do for the school! I also have always really admired the council, so being able to work along side them and gain their traits would be really inspiring."

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
"I know I have said this already, but I really believe that I can be the school's fun and responsible older sister! I will patrol the halls, making sure everyone is being respectful to one another and not breaking any rules. I will bring my creative ideas for new events to gather the community, and work extra hard to see they are executed to the their best ability. Thank you so much for the opportunity to apply!"

Customable

Level 135
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we have decided to accept your application:

- please ping Customable#1590 in the Karakura academics help channel to receive your discord roles and create a ticket in-game to receive your in-game roles

Users who are viewing this thread