mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted abi's biology teacher application :D

qbigail

Level 77

Hi! I'm Abi and this is my application for Highschool Teacher. Please let me know if there are any mistakes or anything I need to correct, maybe even some feedback- by DMing me directly via Discord. My Discord tag is mentioned in this application and on my signature at the bottom. Thank you for clicking on this and I hope you enjoy reading my application as much as I loved writing it.

What is your Minecraft username?:

My username for this account is qbygael.
Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yup! My Discord username is abi#6636
What is your timezone?:
I am British, therefore my timezone is GMT.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I highly acknowledge this and if this was to happen I would take accountability for my actions.
Describe your activity on the server:
I am normally active on the server everyday for around eleven to twelve hours with constant breaks, of course. This is because I am currently taking my classes online, so sometimes my classes finish early, or there is a window of opportunity where I can log on to one of my accounts. On weekends, I am a little more active, as my constant breaks decrease rapidly as I do not have to attend a class and participate in the lesson. Overall, I am mostly on the server for 12+ hours, hence why I would like to spend my time doing something during IC school hours.
Do you have any previous bans?:
ERP- qbigail
It was very trivial and immature of me, I did my full 15 days without appealing, as I knew what I had done was wrong and felt there was no need for proving my innocence. This was also very early in my SRP days, when I didn’t know much about developing characters or how to role-play properly and efficiently. However, moving on from that, I have put that behind me and have not had a bad experience with a staff member. I have matured immensely since that incident and took it upon myself to decide that I want to be serious and play a part in the RPH community. I have done this by becoming an active, friendly member not only on the server but the forums, too. This ban also occurred nearly a year ago now, and since then I have clearly become an active presence in the community and improved since then. This is also my only ban.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Account - qbigail
French Application [Accepted]
College Application [Denied]
College Application [Accepted]
College Role Request [Accepted]
Student Council Application [Accepted]
Tsuki Kissaten Application [Revoked]
Russian Application [Accepted]
Item Request [Accepted]
Lore Team Application [Accepted]
Item Request [Accepted]
Baseball Role Request [Accepted]
JSL Application [Accepted]
Moderator Application [Denied]
Lore Team Rank Request [Accepted]
Settings Star Removal [Accepted]
Slovak Language Suggestion [Accepted/Denied]
It was denied at the time, but Slovak was later added on as a language.
Czech Application [Accepted]
SuicideRP Removal Suggestion [Accepted]
Slovak Application [Accepted]

Account - qbiiii
Spanish Application [Accepted]
College Application [Accepted]
College Role Request [Accepted]
Police Application [Accepted]
JSL Application [Accepted]
Age Request [Accepted]
Item Request [Accepted]

Account - qbgl
Age Request [Accepted]
Czech Application [Pending]
EMS Application [Accepted]
Slovak Application [Accepted]

Account - qbygael

Shop Application [Pending]
After speaking with the Faction Lead directly, I was informed that applications will not be reviewed for a long time. Hence, this is why I have applied for Highschool Teacher- so I have will have something to do that I will enjoy!

All Accounts - Miscellaneous Posts
Character Biography One - Saskia
Character Biography Two - Saskia
Character Biography Three - Saskia
Creative Writing Club
Character Biography Four - Saskia
Character Biography Five - Jiya
Introduction
Character Biography Six - Nashelle
Character Biography Seven - Kveta

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
I have three roles.
qbigail - College Cheerleader / Bachelors' Degree
qbiiii - Police Officer
qbgl - EMS Nurse

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I have many experiences in roleplay, especially on the SRP server. I would like to try something new. I was a College Councillor for five months, and I really enjoyed having a role in the school and playing a part of the wonderful community. I left, to experience more scenarios in the school side of things. I wanted to be apart of a team, so I made my departure from Council. It is no secret that I adore roleplaying on this server, as I am an active member of the community and I am always seen online somewhere, on one of my accounts. I would like to be apart of the school team again, but this time as an adult where I can enjoy teaching students. I have experienced AdultRP in the government side of things, as I possess both of the Emergency Faction roles. However, I would like to branch off from that and try something new in the teaching aspect. I recently discovered my passion for teaching the players of SRP when I began to train the cadets on my KPD account. Yes, it's mostly OOCly training but there are some ICly aspects that I enjoy. I would like to project this onto the school aspect of roleplay. Not only would I be ICly teaching the players, but I might be OOCly teaching them. I would also like to bring my sense of professionalism to make the roleplay fun and realistic.
What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
It is vital that teachers log their classes for many reasons. The main reason is, simply without the evidence of a class being hosted- it will not be logged. Therefore, it will not be counted as one of the 15 classes that you need to complete monthly in order to receive your pay check of ¥450,000 at the end of the consecutive month. Failure to log your classes would most likely result in your departure and demotion from the faculty team.
You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
Firstly, I would plan the trip independently and carefully, making sure that I had all my information gathered and that I had a solid plan, that looks good on paper already. I would then get an input from a fellow colleague, asking for opinions on how to improve. Then, I would take it to the Principal where we would discuss health and safety regulations and how many players would be attending, ect. Vital information like that. Once it has been approved, I would mention in one of my classes that we will be going on a trip and my expectations of behaviour. On the day of the trip, I would announce it over the intercom and make sure that I set a correct amount of spaces that I will be able to control easily. During the field trip, behaviour is expected to be as good as it would be inside the school. After the trip, I will need to inform the SLT member of how the trip went, any possible delinquents and what I could possibly improve on next time.
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
There are a lot of rules you will need to follow when sitting in on a class, but a brief list goes as follows.
- Listen to the teacher / adult.
- Listen to others.
- Put your hand up if you want to speak / answer.
- We keep our hands / feet to ourselves at all times.
Respect each other and other people's property.
Take care of our equipment, whilst bringing the right equipment to our lessons.
- Finish our work on time.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Show manners at all times, whilst being polite.
- Be on time.
- Phones are banned whilst in the classroom, unless you are instructed to use them whilst doing a task.
- No food or drink should be taken in the classroom, nor consumed.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have various experience in roleplay across all my accounts. On the accounts qbiiii and qbgl, I roleplay seriously and maturely. Both of my characters on those accounts are serious and workaholics, as they represent the emergency faction of Karakura. As KPD and EMS, I have experienced a lot of various roleplays which I pride myself on. I would say that I am quite a talented role player as I have a lot of knowledge on the different types of roleplays. However, I also have a student account. I have previously been apart of the Student Council on this account before I graduated to become a sport team member. I tried out for various teams, and I joined my first team in around early September. That team was College Baseball. Before that, I tried out for many teams, including College Track and College Cheer. I then left Baseball to try out for Cheer, where I got accepted after my fifth time of trying out amongst various characters. On this character, I have very dramatic and goofy roleplays. It's the character I can relax on and just overall have a good time!
Describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD: "The prime role of the Head of an Academic Department is to provide strong academic leadership. The Head of Department is required to lead, manage and develop the department to ensure it achieves the highest possible standards of excellence in all its activities."
- QT: "A qualified teacher is commonly defined as a teacher who has at least the minimum academic qualifications required for teaching subjects at the relevant level in a given country."
- NQT: "An NQT is a teacher who has just attained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), and is now undertaking an induction programme that enables them to be legally employed as a teacher in a maintained school."

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers seek to inspire students in all aspects of their lives, and for many teachers, their greatest goal is to be a role model. A role model is someone who inspires and encourages students to strive for greatness, and teaches them through experience and commitment how to realize their full potential to become the best they can be. Teachers can inspire an uninterested student to become engrossed in learning. Teaching is one of those careers where you learn something new every day, and many educators cite this as one of the main things they hope to get out of their career. A great teacher should love educating students, and one of the principal goals many teachers set for themselves is to be the best educator they can be. A newly qualified teacher will start on a minimum salary of £23,720 or £29,664 in London and the average salary for a secondary school teacher in the UK is £28,493. Ambitious teachers are the ones who enter this career to affect change. These are the ones who want to meet the demand for great teachers: They make it their goal to help improve the quality of education for everyone. By teaching, people can learn how to better handle stress, and the organizational skills people gain from planning lessons and grading assignments will be invaluable.
Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Well, the server is called SchoolRP. This means it is obviously vital for there to be teachers in order for people to have a developed roleplaying experience. It will give new players a chance to learn how to roleplay, by mirroring the behaviour and actions of others during situations like classes. Without teachers, SRP wouldn't be a realistic server as there would be no teachers to provide students with the knowledge that they need to be fully equipped for life and to progress onto further education.
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
If I am honest, I do not know at all. I am sure that I will learn this quickly though and apply it to my knowledge.

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she look like? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?

Cho is a petite, Japanese woman. She has short black hair and brown, hazel eyes. She has a reserved fashion sense, mainly wearing dresses and cardigans. She goes for a very warm, welcoming aura- even though she is fairly stern. Her face would be round and dotted with freckles and beauty spots that popped out against her sickly pale skin. She stands at a height of 5'0", which makes her fairly small in comparison to her students and colleagues. However, this does not stop her from doing anything at all, she finds it one of her strongest aspects and one of the things she likes the most about herself. Cho is quite a quiet and reserved woman, she prefers the company of herself. Most of the time, she will be seen alone- shying away from demanding social interactions. Although, she has a fiery side of her- but it isn't seen very frequently. Cho is more reserved since her recent divorce, but she hopes that by interacting with new people at a brand new job, she will come out of her shell once more and interact with more people. Cho doesn't really believe in relationships anymore, as she thinks she is fairly old. She sees the students of Karakura High School as her children, as she nurtures them, like a plant until they are fully grown and blossom into a young adult. As for her co-workers, she relies on them as a support service. If they need help, they can rely on her- vice versa. She plans to simply just keep doing what she is doing at the moment, and stop once she retires. Cho also plans to move her children over here, once she has hopefully won the custody battle against her husband. This way, she knows her children will be safe, and she can enrol them in school.

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Cho would go up to the gang, expressing her concern as she asked them what they were doing. With no hesitation, she would whisk them off to the detention room if they continued to be disrespectful in the presence of a teacher. If they were remorseful for their actions and realised their wrong doing, she would take their names and pass them onto a SLT where they could decide their punishment, which would most likely be a verbal warning.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Cho would slam a book down on the table, as she raised her voice slightly. The aim of this would to get the attention of the chattering students, showing them that this was the last and final warning. After that, she would express her disappointment in the class. She would then try and move on, continuing on with the lesson that she had planned out. If the chatter was to continue, she would then hand out detentions after school as a punishment for not listening to her instructions and constant rule-breaking.
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
She is quite reserved, keeping to herself as she does some marking or lesson planning. Rarely, she will engage in chatter amongst staff. She would much rather curl up in a chair, sipping a cup of green tea and reading a book. She would spend most of her free time in the teacher's lounge, making sure that she reviews classwork and homework quickly and then planning revision and remediation lessons. Quite often, Cho will be seen tidying up after other people and providing them with amenities such as tea and coffee, sometimes even a small snack such as a biscuit.
Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me Cho would lean across the desk, peering down at her students. She would then open the textbook, licking the tips of her fingers as she flipped the pages of the textbook. Once she has found her correct page, she would turn to the board behind her, writing the date and title in calligraphy. Clearing her throat, she would then begin to speak- observing her students as she did so.
/me She would shake her head at the whispering pair, muttering something under her breath as she made her way over to them. She would point a finger to a vacant seat in the classroom, signalling for them to move. She would then tap the test paper, making her way back to her desk, peering over shoulders as she read some of the papers briefly.
/me She would collect in the homework, noting down each name as she did so, with careful penmanship. Popping her head up, with a puzzled expression- she realised one of her students had not completed the homework. She would then ask them to stay behind after class, to discuss.
/me She would extend her hand, giving the reward token to the student with a bright smile. She then shook their hand, congratulating them as she told them how much their hard efforts had paid off. She would then move down to the next name on her list, calling for them to come to the front with a goofy smile on her face.

Cho Nakajima was born in Karakura, Japan to a single father. He was a very loving man who tried the absolute best to provide for his only daughter. He was a fisherman who spent many days away at sea, but he always took Cho with him on his small boat. Many days, it would be very cold and the pair would go hungry as there was a limited supply of food. However, they spent their time well. Her father taught her everything about all the creatures that inhabited the ocean, even the vegetation. Once she had learnt everything, she yearned for more. For her eleventh birthday, Cho's father bought her a book on Biology and she read it probably fifteen times whilst away at sea. It was perfect. At the end of every trip, Cho and her father would go back home to their small hut and cook a small amount of the fish that he had caught, leaving the rest to sell for a small profit. When she was at the age of twelve, she was allowed to stay by herself while her father went to go fish. It was quite blissful, for a while. She would make bread and have it ready for when her father came home so they could have a side with their feast of fish. One day, her father didn't come home. Cho was worried sick, so she went to the docks and asked the fishermen if they had seen her father. They could see the worried expression on her face, so they set out searching for his boat. Two days passed and he had still not returned. Then, two large men knocked on her door. She will always remember those men. They were tall, very large men. They smelt of salt from the ocean, their faces cracked and worn from the ages. Their hair caked in sea salt from days and days on the harsh sea with no shower. They took of their flat caps, lowering their heads as they spoke in a cold tone. "We found 'is body. 'es dead, Cho." She fell to her knees, sobbing, wailing, screaming. Her only relative had passed away, and now she was alone. She lived independently, for years- teaching herself things. It was just Cho. That's all she needed, herself. It was a mystery of what happened to her father, maybe it was just fate. Was that how he was supposed to go? Swept away at sea? Maybe. Cho was angry at the world, she was angry at herself for not dying with her father. The young girl had many sleepless nights for years, thinking about her father. She finished school, at the age of eighteen and was stuck on what to do next. Was she going to be a wife, cooking and cleaning for her husband- like the rest of the women in Japan? No. She was going to make a name for herself.

She applied to College and got in successfully, as she was a bright young woman. She studied Microbiology and Marine Biology, as a tribute to everything that her father had taught her. She did well, academically- but not socially. She didn't have any friends at all, which was peculiar for a woman in that day and age, when everyone was starting to advance in technology and fashion. One day, she went out to a bar- hoping she would magically pluck some friends out of thin air. Cho was 26 years of age, with a PHD in Biology and having her first sip of alcohol. It was a sad life really, but she didn't know any different. It was that night, when she met the love of her life. He was handsome, black curly hair and green eyes. Korean. She could tell from a mile away that she had fallen in love with this mysterious male. He approached Cho, and they soon began talking. Before she knew it, she was standing at the altar, surrounded by her new found friends and her lover's family, exchanging her vows. They travelled all over the world, mostly to Korea where the couple spent time together, getting to know relatives. Eventually, they decided that they wanted to settle down, acquire a well-paying job and maybe start a family in the far, far distance. Whilst teaching small children in school, she fell pregnant. It was quite unexpected, as they did not plan on having a child this early, however, the pair was ecstatic. Cho nearly fainted when the sonographer told her that she was carrying triplets. However, it was a danger to her health. Cho was five feet tall and weighed around 125lbs. She left her teaching career where she was placed on bedrest at 17 weeks of her pregnancy. Cho's husband supported her through every step of the way, it was a dangerous time for her and she wondered if this is how she was going to finally meet her father once more, this time over the rainbow. She had a wonderful husband and a fairly smooth pregnancy. At 32 weeks, Cho was finally induced into labour. It was a trying time- but her babies pulled through. It pained the couple to see their children so frail, so fragile. Cho Nakajima was now a wife and a mother to three healthy babies. Two girls, one boy. She named her son after her father, since he had such a great impact on Cho's life, and was taken away far too soon. One day, Cho came home from a Mommy and Me group with the triplets, when she found her husband with his mistress. Cho was distraught. Everything was going wrong for her, he divorced her and even managed to get custody of her children. She moved away from him, to the other side of Karakura where she is employed at Karakura High School, teaching Biology to the students.

SECTION #1 - Personal Details
Full Name:

Cho Nakajima
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Dr [PHD]
Given Name(s):
Cho, Jima.
Preferred Name:
Cho
Age (Minimum is 27):
Thirty-eight.
Religious Denomination:
Shintoism.
Marital Status:
Divorced.
Nationality:
Japanese.
Current Location:
Cho currently resides in Karakura, Japan.
SECTION #2 - Academic Details
Teaching Experience (# of years):

She has been teaching for a total of 12 years, on and off. She took a two year hiatus once she had given birth to her triplets.
Working Experience (# of years):
Cho has been working since she was 13, as she had to care for herself. This means that she carries 25 years of various working experience with her.
Academic Degree:
PHD
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Microbiology, Marine Biology.
Minors:
Mathematics.
Native Languages:
Japanese.
Other Languages:
Korean.
Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes, I do have a TESOL Certificate.
Preferred Teaching Subject:
Science - Biology.

Additional notes about your application (if any):

I have acknowledged that I have a fair amount of roles already, but I already have a plan of how I will split my activity. I hope this is not a problem.
Do you have any questions?:
For future reference in my applications, should I remove the banners that are above the text or are they alright to stay? Did it cause any difficulty in reading the actual application itself?

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Science Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications.

Notes:
-Your application was overall well-detailed and organised which is always nice to see when I'm marking applications, I look forward to attending some of your lessons.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread