No

What Country are you from?:
United States

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):
bangaichi#3864

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I am quite active on the server. I’m on daily and active for a few hours; regularly logged on for more than a few hours a day. I spend a lot of time also lurking the forums while also on the server.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

Student council https://schoolrp.net/threads/student-council-application.25123/ [Accepted]

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
I have spent the entirety of my team on Schoolrp only being a student. I’ve considered applying for a teacher or professor before but decided against it. I have preemptively thought about the character I would like to play as a teacher/professor and how I would like to portray them thoroughly before seriously taking into consideration doing an application. Overall I would enjoy having the experience to see school roleplay from the other perspective.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
I have a history of roleplaying throughout other online games as well as other Minecraft servers. I’ve played D&D in two groups since I was 9. My full roleplay experience is quite extensive.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
The classroom logs are a system put in place to ensure the professor is hosting classes enough to qualify for their paycheck at the end of the month and the topic of the subject is changing. The log is used also as a way to see which professors are active.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. Only speak if spoken to by the Professor first. Unless the Professor has given specific instructions otherwise
  2. All students must treat each other with respect regardless of outside of class relations or rivalries.
  3. Students are expected to contribute their voice to open discussions.
  4. No derailment of discussions. Or asking questions that would derail the topic of learning for the class.
  5. Keep an open and creative mind.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

As for in general, I have played multiple campaigns of DnD over 9 years now. I've been on multiple Minecraft roleplay servers. I was a part of three different Guild Wars 2 roleplay guilds. An extensive roleplay history on Garry's Mod. I've done theatrical works as well, including an improv group if you count those as roleplaying experiences. For SchoolRP I’ve been playing for around 4 months consistently, trying to partake in about any roleplay scenario I can find, excluding gang roleplay.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?
The tasks of a college professor involve mainly educating the college student body and ensuring that they are given space to still feel like an individual in the classroom.

The salary of College Professors is 300,000 yen for hosting 15 classes within a month. Every 5 classes hosted afterward will net 50,000 yen, repeating.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?
Naho Haruto is 39 years of age. Her pure-blooded Japanese descent gives her dark brown eyes accommodated with jet black hair. Her features adorned lightly with make-up to cloak her lack of sleep and aging. She stands at 5’3” and weighs in at 128lbs. She has a fairly modest body shape of not being too curvaceous but not too rectangular. Her voice always seeming to be exuberant and uplifting even.

Naho’s personality is very spontaneous, playful, and creative. She seeks to drive the students to search for their own voice and etch their own history into the sands of time. Each student having the capability to be creative if they only allow their mind to be free and think without fear of judgment. Her behavior is a bit more contrary to the typical professor stereotype. Instead of spending hours lecturing and being strict, she’d rather push the students into scenarios that would make them think outside of the box and see things in another light. Her goal for every student to help them realize that works of literature are more than one-dimensional writings on a page but a story to be unraveled, no matter how short they are.

Naho values each teacher as they are the beacons of light for the students. The teachers are all leaders in their own individual way, different students will look up to different teachers. In the future, she’d like to have her own work of literature recalling experiences with students and teachers as they grew as people. The book drawing major tones from Aesop’s Fables and using animals and nature to represent the actions, growth, and changes from her unorthodox teaching methods.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
Approach the situation, asking what seems to be the cause of the screaming. I would address the problem whether it be a feud between two students or rumbustious child-like behavior. I’d remind the members of the sport’s team that they should be the ones who are the role models of the student body. Nextly, I would proceed to remind them; in the most courteous way possible, that other classes could be in session or club activities could be going on and continuing to cause a ruckus in the halls will be brought up to the Dean or Vice Dean for reconsideration of their position on their team for disrespecting the others who are attempting to learn in a place of study.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
I’d acknowledge the student in a friendly mocking manner at first to see if I can coyly draw his attention back to the subject at hand without upsetting him. If that didn’t work I would proceed to sternly warn him of his disobedience and the consequences that can come along with it. If even then the student was refusing to adhere to the warning, I would have to request he leaves the classroom within the next minute and that his behavior will be recorded. Beyond this point, if the student was still refusing to leave. I would /help the issue.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me &2****ed an eyebrow as she watched the student read from the book. Her eyes occasionally darting across the classroom to ensure the other students listened attentively

/me &2extended the book forward in her grasp to give to the student. A soul-warming smile displayed across her face during the exchange.

/me &2passed out copies of the sonnet to each student. She paced herself as she spoke in rhythm to her steps. Her words flowing out like a poem of their own.

/me &2paced back and forth. The enthusiasm in her voice growing as she spoke more over the subject.

/me &2smiled brightly at the student and brought her hands together clapping as they finished reading. Her head nodding slightly in approval.

Backstory

Naho Kanzuki was born on January 21st, 1981 in Osaka, Japan. Her parents were both creative free thinkers, her mother teaching art history, and practicing painting in the nihonga style. Albeit her father held a job as a civil engineer, he strived to always find cunning ways to improve the efficiency of city buildings and roads. Naho spent the majority of her time as a child outside and cloud-watching when she didn’t have club activities. She led a very standard and typical life for a Japanese child until her parents moved to Tokyo for a job opportunity.

While attending Aoyama Junior High School, she met a younger boy who at first would only watch her from afar without saying anything. When she was 15 and he was 14, he finally approached her after worrying about not attending the same high school when he moved up. His name was Kisho Haruto. Their relationship at first was a bit awkward from very stereotypical young love. Next year as Naho moved on forward and into Shinjuku High School, the relationship between them was rocky from her busy schedule but Kisho remained adamant that she was the one for him.

Naho spent a lot of her time studying Japanese literature. Through her high school life, she had joined a poetry club that was oriented mainly on tanka and haiku poetry. One of her favorite pastimes through her high school years was preparing lunch for Kisho and herself, writing a haiku to stow away in his bento box she brought for him about twice a week. As they aged together and Naho had to face choosing what to do next in her life as she approached her final year of high school. Kisho promised Naho that he would focus purely on going straight into the workforce and supporting her through graduate and post-graduate school.

During the second year of graduate school at the University of Tokyo, Naho and Kisho rushed their marriage before their firstborn would bless the world. Usako Haruto, who she was proud to give birth to. Naho didn’t spend much time with Usako, she focused mostly on completing her education. She graduated through the graduate program at the university and received her Bachelor of Liberal Arts. She questioned if she should pursue higher education, wanting to work with translating foreign literature. Kisho was reluctant at first, insisting Naho spent more time with Usako but he eventually came around to agreeing with Naho on continuing her education.

Naho attended the University of Tokyo once again, this time going for her doctorate into the field of Comparative Literature and Culture. She struggled at first as Kisho was mildly upset at her decision. Their relationship steadied out as two years later, another face joined the family Akasuki Haruto. In her third year of post-graduate school, Naho had her third child; Nahoko Haruto. She struggled throughout her final year as Kisho grew a bit restless with handling most of the at-home duties as well as supporting the family on his own. Despite the distractions of maintaining the children, Naho finished her post-graduate successfully.

Now with her education completed, she found a job within the education system in translating English literature for classroom materials for junior high and high school for 3 years. She was content with her life and family until she brought up potentially teaching English literature in school to her husband. Kisho was a tad upset again that Naho was yearning to go back to school and study education.

Reluctantly, Kisho gave in and Naho went back to graduate school at the University of Tokyo again. This time she was going for her Bachelor of Education. Naho’s marriage struggled as Kisho became annoyed with the children as they grew older and there was more responsibility in maintaining their happiness and needs. Naho studied feverishly to try and spend as much free time with her children. Not much happened during her four more years of college, she graduated for her third time from the University of Tokyo.

Upon graduating with her third degree, acquiring a job within education was not too difficult and found work within the University of Tokyo. She worked as one of the instructors in the College of Arts and Science; teaching Interdisciplinary Cultural Studies. Despite having a solid job in Tokyo, her sister-in-law Chiako Haruto was begging for Kisho and Naho to move their family to Karakura.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Haruto, Naho

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Dr.

Given Name(s): Haruto

Preferred Name: Naho

Religious Denomination: Shinto

Marital Status: Married

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Tokyo, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 5 years

Working Experience (# of years): 8 years

Academic Degree:
Doctor of Philosophy in the field of Comparative Literature and Culture
Bachelor of Liberal Arts
Bachelor of Education

Year of Graduation: 2008

Major(s): Comparative Literature, Liberal Arts, & Education

Minors: (There are no minors in the Japanese graduate & post-graduate schooling system.)

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: N/A

Preferred Teaching Subject:
European and American Poetry

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A

Do you have any questions?: N/A

Guacadola

Level 10
Accepted!

Thank you for applying!

To receive your professor rank, make a request in the request category on forums!
[Follow the instructions provided in the given section]

| Please make sure to also join the Karakura Academics discord (Click Here) |

DM me @ Doughlah#4327 if you have any further questions.

tumblr_mga2fp3gta1qfqivoo1_500.gif

[ Doughlah#4327 ]
[ SRP MODERATOR ]
[42] [Vice-Dean] W. Aiya Saiky

Users who are viewing this thread