mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

[ACCEPTED] College-Professor Application: HolyCapitalist

SOOZEE

Level 4
5CH1Z0IDMAN
5CH1Z0IDMAN
Rich
What is your Minecraft username?: HolyCapitalist (alternative account)

How old are you?: 15

Do you have any previous bans?: I have never been banned; however, I got a warning for chaining in the OOC chat and cosmetic abuse. I am aware of the rules and do not plan to break them.

What country are you from?: England (BST)

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Yes, it is UnholyCommunist#1987

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I understand that this role takes dedication and responsibility. I will try to stay as active as possible to avoid that matter. If I do get demoted, I’ll accept the consequences and learn from my mistakes.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: Due to internet restrictions, I go online from 4:15pm-9:20pm. I only have 5 hours to browse the internet. Normally I am on the server 2 hours a day and have a beady eye checking the forums because I have nothing else to do. If I do get accepted, I will try to stay as active as possible, as I mentioned above.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/school-council-application.24246/ [DENIED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/my-college-application-usernamelstaken.24565/ [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-language-application-usernamelstaken.24640/ [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/my-college-role-request.24929/ [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/col-basketball-role-request.27977/ [ACCEPTED]

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?: What sparks my interest in becoming a Professor is a big step from being a student to a teacher. I would like to extend and improve my roleplay knowledge. For the past few months, I have been wanting to experience TeacherRP. It would also assist me growing my character and making him more complex and realistic, people don’t stay as students forever. My character has a passion for investigating “paranormal activity” and ****ysing folktales, urban legends and controversial ideas. It would be appropriate for my character to teach the fascinating world of the web and the dangers that lurk in. I am quite organised and believe I am capable of organising lessons, to me it is an opportunity to be creative and let students enjoy their college journey. A friend of mine is also a teacher at Karakura. Getting the job as a College professor would make me seem more experienced as a roleplayer and guide newer players to have a better roleplay journey in SRP.

Do you have any experience in roleplaying?: I have been playing on this server since February this year which is about five months. However, most of my roleplay experience was on another server called Forever Play. This may sound sad, but a portion of my roleplay experience is from joining roleplay groups on Roblox and discord before I discovered SchoolRP, currently it is my favourite roleplay server due to the complexity and friendly community. On SchoolRP, I have tried GangRP for a few months but quit it due to fear of losing my character and just lost interest with that type of roleplay. A rough estimate would be two years of roleplaying.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Classroom logs is that information that tells us the number of classes you have hosted that day. It is a way to moderate you to see if you’re active and doing your job. This will make sure you get the correct wage. Depending on your activity, it will result in your paycheck at the end of the month. If you fail to comply with the standards due to your inactivity, there will be a high risk of being demoted or a low income.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in class?:

Theory Lessons (In Classroom):
  1. Complete tasks on time with all your effort. As a professor, I expect college students to try their best in everything and not waste any opportunities for their education.
  2. Phones are forbidden unless they have permission from the professor for research tasks or an activity which involves taking photos. They are a distraction and if students are caught using them for the wrong purposes in class, they should expect punishment.
  3. Respect the professors and your peers, this includes different cultures/religions and display no toxicity. I would like me and the students to maintain the learning environment and not waste time. Class should be welcoming and accepting, any form of discrimination will have immediate consequences.
  4. Strong profanity will not be permitted inside the classroom. Students will be warned if heard, however if they continue with such language, they will be kicked out of the classroom and learn from their mistakes.
  5. Arrive on time. If a student is late to a lesson, they are simply disrupting the class and the learning environment. Distracting other students’ learning will result with a warning.

Summarize your previous RP Experience’s (both in general and on SchoolRP): I have been roleplaying on many different platforms and servers such as Roblox and Forever Play. In SchoolRP, I have been roleplaying for a few months and experienced different types of roleplay. I am a college student on my main account. I am capable of DetailRP which is beneficial for being a College Professor any sort of school employee. I was in the College Basketball Team on my main account for a short while, until I was kicked due to my inactivity which was understandable. I have learnt from my mistake and will try not to repeat that. I have two years of “proper” roleplay experience and a decent knowledge for my chosen subject to teach as a College-Professor.

College Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, what is a College-Professor’s salary?: As a College-Professor, they should have good time management and responsibility due to many tasks they are set daily from colleagues or students. With these virtues, they will need to plan lessons and be good with public speaking which is necessary for any sort of job that requires teaching. Being available for academic assistance and moderating the class, making sure the learning environment doesn’t get disrupted. Being able to provide feedback for students’ assignments so they can grow as a person. College-Professors must be patient at all costs and be a good example towards the younger generation of students with a bright future ahead of them. They must make sure students are up to date with their work and figure out an appropriate, fair grade that will determine their future careers.

Salary:

A College-Professor earns about 300,000 yen for the first 15 classes taught which is equivalent to 50,000 yen every 5 classes.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?:

Selby Friedrich. Derevo is a 45-year-old Caucasian man standing at 6’1. Due to a poor diet and alcoholism, he possesses a small beer belly and a generally disorganized appearance. His eyes would be a bloodshot and possess dark bags underneath, contrasting with his untidy stubble that he can never bother to shave. His thick, mousy hair stuck up in all directions and looked as if it had been cut by a pair of garden shears. His posture would be slouched yet tense, giving an unfriendly aura towards him. He would speak in a quiet, monotone voice with a slight German accent, usually sounding sarcastic and uninterested. He is far from stylish and is often seen dressed untidily at work.

Selby was once a charming, courageous yet competent young man. Popular among peers due to his great social skills and dry sense of humour. He was a natural at coding and computers. Back in his time, the internet barely existed. During his midlife crisis, he changed, becoming gruff and ill-tempered with a low opinion of himself and mentally-stable people. Selby suffers from depression and has gained self-destructive behaviours, suffering from alcoholism and suicidal tendencies. However, he does not want his family to be emotionally harmed, so he cannot bring himself to commit suicide. Despite his ill well-being, Selby is very hardworking and fairly stubborn, which is important for a teacher figure. If a student is struggling in class, he would try his best to help them as nicely as possible, so the student won’t lose motivation. During his youth/early twenties, his ego got the better of him, resulting in selfish acts that would negatively impact his life later on. Those acts he committed haunts him to this current day as he tries to find a new side of life. He wants a fresh new start and uses his virtues and skills for good, that’s why he decided to become a College-Professor. His goal is to give the next generation the best opportunity for their education and not waste away their life like he did. His colleagues think of him as unorganised and short-tempered, because of his untidy classroom and hosting many detentions. Some are even scared of him- I mean he isn’t the most friendly looking.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, what do you do?: I would address the situation calmly and in a professional manner by questioning their behaviour then politely asking them to tone-down their volume. I’d remind them about the rules and policies on school grounds and that they are disrupting lessons. I would try my best to not raise my voice, depending on the attitude of the sport-team members. Shouting will only ruin my reputation as a College-Professor. If the students do not stop with this immaturity, I would report them to higher-ups such as the college dean, principal etc so they can give them an appropriate punishment. They are meant to be a good example towards the younger students.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, what do you do?: After many failed attempts to grab their attention, I would give a warning to the students, my expectation would be to tone-down and get on with the lesson. If the student refuses to snap out of their act, I would report the situation to the College-Dean after I kicked the offender out of the classroom and maybe give them a detention to ensure that they have learned their lesson.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me’s of your character inside a classroom:

/me He’d lean against the whiteboard and cross his arms, making sure (student’s name) was aware that he was not happy, he’d give the student a judgemental stare, brows furrowed and voice toned sarcastically, Mr Derevo softly said, “(Student’s name) I’m glad you’ve made it…”

/me He sighed as he slumped to his desk, overwhelmed by the amount of marking to do. He massaged his temples, clearing his mind, attempting to concentrate as he squinted at the pile of paperwork in front of him.

/me His frown stretched into a small smirk as he held back an unwanted laugh from the student’s ridiculous question. Mr Derevo would gesture the student to sit down and suddenly stare intensely at (student’s name) disapprovingly.

/me Swiftly stepped behind the student who seemed to be making a racket and tapped his shoulder to gain their attention, showing an irritated expression.

/me He got up and carefully handed out the test results in his right hand, with his 20th cup of coffee of the day in his left, making sure to not spill any of the precious latte.

Backstory:

Selby Friedrich Derevo was born in a small rural town in Germany, his father was a British business manager and met Selby’s mother who was German at work. The young couple and their baby moved to London. Three years later, his younger brother, Andrew was born, like most siblings, they fought a lot and never got along. Selby had a pretty normal childhood but had a rough time in his earlier years in highschool. In college he studied ICT and became popular among his peers unlike highschool. His ego got the better of him, he eventually got lazy and failed all of his classes. At the age of 20, unemployed and basically homeless. He was in desperate need for money, that’s when he used his computer skills to his advantage and created viruses and a gambling website where he profited off people’s ignorance and gambling addictions. He was a scammer; his selfish acts caused people’s lives to be ruined. His ransomware softwares was used to dox people to gain easy money. The young man did have remorse for the negative impact he caused but he couldn’t stop, it was as if it was an addicting video game. After three years of being a cyber-criminal, he eventually got caught and was sent 7 years in prison and charged £400,000 for major cyber theft and doxing. He received many backlash from the public and his family were extremely disappointed in him, it was so extreme that his brother was embarrassed to be even related to him. During his time in prison, he became depressed and constantly feeling regretful. At the age of 30, just released from prison, he needed to change his whole life around. He went back to college and got his Masters and Computer Science degree. Then he trained to become a teacher. Selby hopes for revival and uses his knowledge for the good.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Fullname:

Selby Friedrich. Derevo

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

Mr

Given Name:

Selby (by friends and colleagues)

Mr Derevo (by students)

Uncle Selb (by family)

Male

Religious Denomination:

Atheist

Marital Status:

Single

Nationality:

Half German, Half English

Current Location:

Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

6 years

Working Experience (# of years):

28 years

Academic Degree:

Bachelor of Computer Science, Masters

Year of Graduation:

I don't know which year SRP is set

Major(s):

Computer Science, Occult

Minors:

English, History

Native Languages:

English, German

Other Languages:

Japanese, Russian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

No

Preferred Teaching Subject:

Occult if it is possible, if not, Computer Science

Extra
Additional notes about your application (if any):

For the languages, I will apply soon. Also, even if I don’t get accepted thank you for your time reading this and I hope you have a good day!

Do you have any questions?:

N/A

Last edited:

Guacadola

Level 10
Accepted!

Thank you for applying!

To receive your professor rank, make a request in the request category on forums!
[Follow the instructions provided in the given section]

| Please make sure to also join the Karakura Academics discord (Click Here) |

DM me @ Doughlah#4327 if you have any further questions.

tumblr_mga2fp3gta1qfqivoo1_500.gif

[ Doughlah#4327 ]
[ SRP MODERATOR ]
[42] [Vice-Dean] W. Aiya Saiky

Users who are viewing this thread