mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

[ACCEPTED] College Professor Application (Infinianite)

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

Infinianite

How old are you?:

Do you have any previous bans?:

Yes, I have been temporarily banned for 1 day for vulgar language in the OOC chat.

What Country are you from?:

United States (Currently in England)

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):

Infinianite#1871

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:

On the server, I am online at least once everyday for an hour or more. Though I am not too active on the forums.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/infinianite-teaching-assistant-application.14725/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/music-teacher-application.13383/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/infinianite-korean-application.14225/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/infinianite-korean-application.14153/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/sous-chef-application.13145/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/head-chef-application.13144/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

For one, my senior year of high school is right around the corner, and teaching has always been a small passion of mine. I believe this would be a decent start to my teaching career (although this is roleplay). I also believe that I can be more active and productive through teaching rather than being a simple student on the server. Last thing, I want to be able to help people better in game, and what better way than to become a teacher?

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:

Yes, I have 3+ years of experience behind me in roleplay. This includes roleplay on servers like Hypixel, SchoolRP, and FantasyRP.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

Classroom logs are a system of documentations used to monitor the activity of the college students, and professors. These logs are also used to track the topics each professor is teaching, as well as keep track of the amount of classes that are taught and determine whether or not the teacher will get their end of the month pay.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

For the Professor, rules would include:
  • Do not participate in abnormal behavior presented by the students.
  • Keep a calm and composed stature while conducting lessons.
  • Treat all students equally at all times, unless otherwise notified of misbehavior presented by one student.
For the students, rules would include:
  • Students are to turn all electronic devices off, unless otherwise instructed.
  • Students mus raise their hands if they wish to answer a question.
  • All students must participate in at least one activity.
  • Students are not to complain about what grade they are given.
  • Students are not to show any misbehavior towards their peers, or their professors.
  • Students are to uphold a mature stature throughout all lessons, or there will be severe punishments.
Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
In general, I have been roleplaying for about 4-5 years. I would typically build on hypixel housing to host my own role plays (high school themed for the most part), and I would also visit other islands to engage in roleplay as well. As for SchoolRP, I have been a member for 3 years and I have been a school sous chef, teacher, student, and shop owner. All experiences were very rewarding and fun to engage in.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

The tasks of a college professor are more strict and hands-on than those of normal high school teachers. Their job is to be more in depth and engaging with their lessons, as well as more strict with their grading policies and rules. A college professor's job is to ensure fair and reasonable education to the college students at all times. Their salary would consist of 300,000 yen for 15 classes taught overtime, and an additional 50k yen for every 5 classes.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Yuri Fukushima, a female approaching her thirties, stands at 5 feet 5 inches, with a slight athletes build. She would have a warm tone of voice and a smiley attitude about her. She has rather long, dark hair with green eyes that almost appear gray in the sunlight. Most of the time, Yuri would be seated and looking confident at the things in front of her.

Yuri is a slight optimist. She views the world not as a prison, but as an opportunity for a better beginning. She believes the students she teaches should have a fair educational system, and a good shot at graduating. She is sweet and bubbly, and has a rather short temper when something she believes in is being tampered with. She wants what's best for everyone, although she struggles with taking care of herself a lot of the time. Her wishes are to continue teaching as long as she can, as well as start a family of her own and watch them grow so that she may teach them the lessons she has learned.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

I would approach the students calmly, and politely ask them to calm down. If they refuse to do so, I would call another professor to come help me take care of the screaming kids and figure out the reason they are misbehaving, so that the students would be dealt with accordingly instead of unfairly.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?

The student will be given an on the spot choice to either pay attention to class, or leave and fail. If the student is acting unnecessarily unreasonable, then the headmaster will be informed so that the student can receive a proper punishment.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
would approach her desk, sit down, and straighten the pencils next to her paper.
/me would gesture (student name) to go stand by the door and wait for further instruction.
/me would go to the back to pick up spare notebooks, and pass them out to the students.
/me would take the student's phone, turn it off, and leave it beside her desk.
/me would clap cheerfully for the student who answered the question correctly.

Backstory

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
Yuri Fukushima, a 30 year old woman, was born and raised in Karakura her entire life. Her mother, Claire De Niro, married into the Fukushima family, resulting in Yuri's fluent speaking of both Japanese and Italian. Yuri stayed in the same place all her life, moving houses occasionally yet staying in the same exact city. She would often visit her Italian relatives in Italy in her younger years.

Growing up, Yuri lived in a household that was not only strict, but encouraging of customs and beliefs. Yuri is the youngest of 5. She has 4 older brothers that had watched over her until she left to start her teaching career. Yuri would often spend her days running through the city forest and catching frogs underneath the stumps. Yuri’s mother had introduced her to the world of music years later. Coming to the age of 15, she began to start studying music theory and eventually learned 7 different instruments including the flute, piccolo, french horn, alto saxophone, guitar, violin and of course, the keyboard.

With this musical talent and the strive to make the world a better place, Yuri studied psychology and music theory in college to gain her Bachelor’s degree. She eventually left home at the age of 22 to go study at Cambridge University in hopes of returning to teach students of her own. She eventually obtained her degree in Musical theory and psychology.

When she returned to Karakura in her late twenties, she had gained the news that her mother had passed away, and the amount of turmoil caused between the members of her family eventually split them apart. She then pursued a career to teach Music theory to honor her mother, with a dream of one day being able to spread her same love of music with the world.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Yuri Akane Fukushima
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Yuri
Preferred Name: Yuri

Religious Denomination: Weslyean
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 6 years
Working Experience (# of years): 10 years total working experience

Academic Degree: Bachelor's degree

Year of Graduation: 2018
Major(s): Psychology, Musical theory
Minors: Chemistry, maths, digital art

Native Languages: Japanese, Korean
Other Languages: Italian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: I do not.
Preferred Teaching Subject: Musical theory

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

Guacadola

Level 10
Accepted!

Thank you for applying!

[Notes]
I would have liked to have seen more detail in the /me's, however, the effort you've put into the application as well as the way you've answered the questions, makes me feel as if you'll make a good college professor.

To receive your professor rank, make a request in the request category on forums!
[Follow the instructions provided in the given section]

| Please make sure to also join the Karakura Academics discord (Click Here) |
@me in the #Roles channel to receive the ranks

DM me @ Doughlah#4327 if you have any further questions.

tumblr_mga2fp3gta1qfqivoo1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread