mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

[ACCEPTED] Kasumi Hirayama's College professor application

Mayisnotemo

Level 3

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: FrigYouTwo

How old are you?: I am fifteen years old.

Do you have any previous bans?: No, I do not have any bans at all in my good few years of playing SRP.

What Country are you from?: I am from England.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Yes, I do. It is may#1218

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I fully acknowledge this and agree with the fact this rule exists.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I am usually extremely active on SRP and play every day for at least four to eight hours, of course, I still have my schoolwork however in all my free time I am found on SRP or working on subjects to do with it. Once I go back to school this will change slightly but not too much, the only difference is that I would not be online during school hours, however, just like it was before the pandemic, all of the time I have leftover is put towards SRP as it's just something I really enjoy. As for the forums, I like to scroll through them frequently just to see what is going on and I love to look through all the artwork. I'm pretty sure it's my most visited website recently as I find it important to check if the rules have updated every now and then, and also read through the support section to check if anything is going to change.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/frigyous-college-application.22957/
(ACCEPTED)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/frigyous-italian-application.23694/
(DENIED)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-app-v2.23728/
(ACCEPTED)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mychemicalemos-spanish-language-application.17176/
(ACCEPTED)

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
My motivation for becoming a professor is the fact I have always been so interested in the teaching side of SRP and I believe I would take on this role well. I would love to become a professor as if I went into teacherRP I would want to be serious about it, and I know college students can be a lot more sophisticated than the highschool students due to the fact you are constantly having to deal with new players, therefore, taking away valuable time you could be teaching. I feel like my subject (Criminology) is also really interesting and something not many people delve into, therefore it would be great to introduce it into the community of Karakura! I know a lot about this subject and will be going on to take it next year in college, so I would enjoy teaching other people. I would love to teach criminology in a classroom as it tends to spark up many debates which can be really interesting for everyone involved, this would help cause everyone in the class to become involved! But, in general, teaching to a class just sounds really enjoyable, and something I would be able to put a lot of work and effort into. I feel I would be able to handle the class well which is, of course, crucial, as well as letting everyone have fun and express their opinions as an unhappy class means less concentration and less success in the education of the subject.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
I have been roleplaying for many years now and have many different experiences among many servers, SRP, of course, being my main as I actually played it back when it first opened, however, took a few year break from Minecraft altogether, coming on to play srp every now an then when my laptop at the time could handle it. Once I came back I only used Minecraft to roleplay, as I still do now. One of my strengths when it comes to RP is the fact I have a strong distinction between ICly and OOCly; I do not at all like to take things out of character and treat my character as a completely different person to myself. This helps me out extremely as OOCly I like to get along with everyone! I would love to really expand this experience, adding many different types of RP (mainly within the roleplay hub) as it is something I extremely enjoy and have been gravitated towards for a while as it helps me get away from my everyday life.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are where you take a screenshot of your class and put it in the Karakura Academics discord with information provided about for example what time this class took place and what sort of things happened in it to be able to log that you have taught that class. This is to make sure you are paid the correct wage, as well as that you are active as a member of the school staff.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. Complete focus on the professor at all times, this comes with respect for the professor to ensure there is a calm, safe environment in the classroom.
  2. No phones out in class unless the professor says they can bring them out for a research task as this can only but distract students from key learning points.
  3. Absolutely no violence permitted inside the classroom, as should go for the entire of campus. If there happened to be any this would be taken extremely seriously, resulting in the possibility of being kicked out of college.
  4. There is to be no foul language inside the classroom, no exceptions, it is completely unnecessary and you will be removed from the classroom if it continues substantially after a warning.
  5. Arrive to class on time, otherwise, you simply will not be let inside. Arriving late only but disrupts the lesson for other people who want to get the best education they possibly can.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
I am pretty sure I played SRP for a while a few years ago, however I cannot remember too much as I was young and didn't really fully understand RP back then, it was just having fun on Minecraft that was something other than mini-games that I found boring. Most of my RP experience is of course from SRP as I have found it is the most developed RP server I have experienced, and the most enjoyable.. I have participated in some gangRP (however this was not for long, and about a year ago now, I’m currently not at all really interested in gangRP), and then mainly Student/CollegeRP (which I have particularly enjoyed as I love the college classes as I get to learn new things! I would heavily like to expand my RP experience as I really enjoy it and spend most of my time putting work into it.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?
A college professor is someone who is given the job to educate college students, they set an example on how to act in the future for the students and make sure the students receive the best education they can. They must be able to plan and teach lessons well in a way that can be interactive however also informative, as well as deal with any foul behaviour from students in a calm manner. As well as this they should be able to set assignments to challenge the student's knowledge, collect them, and mark them, making sure to give back the correct results. Additionally, they should be able to speak in a sophisticated manner and have a lot of general knowledge, being able to support student when needed, not only for their classwork but also to be able to direct them to a counsellor if necessary. Their salary is 300k at default if they complete their 15 classes per OOC month, for every 5 classes extra they can receive an extra 50k, meaning if you managed to complete a huge amount of 25 classes, you would earn 400k.

Character Knowledge

Kasumi Hirayama is a pale Japanese woman standing at 5’7” with medium length flat-ironed straight, black hair and deep brown eyes. She is usually seen with a bright smile, being extremely sociable and outgoing among her peers. Despite her bubbly personality she would generally be seen wearing sophisticated clothing as she likes to keep a balance between her maturity and the friendliness to her students to set an example that you don’t have to be simply one or the other.

Kasumi has a strict rule in her class that as soon as a student enters her classroom, all outside drama must be dropped so there can be a calm and relaxing lesson without any distractions. She also does not see people for their stereotypes, but the people they actually are. Walking into the classroom everyday is a fresh start and a new chance to be a better person, as well as succeeding in the subject of course.

Kasumi loves to speak to teachers in her spare time, sharing experiences to do with general life, and also great situations that have happened in the classroom. She always makes sure to be friendly to everyone no matter who they are, and she speaks in an outgoing tone, hoping to make everyone's day better, however if a student is acting out, she will not hesitate to act in a stern manner, confirming that they receive the correct punishment.

As for the future, Kasumi’s dream job is as a college professor in Karakura, it’s her way of preventing as many criminal situations from happening as possible right from the beginning when the future offenders are simply students.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
First of all, I would approach them calmly, asking what they were doing. If this was a misunderstanding I would simply leave it, asking them not to be so loud next time. However if after receiving their excuse it is deemed either a lie or not a good enough excuse for such inappropriate behaviour I would remind them of the standards they have to live up to being a sports team member, and how they are meant to be setting an example for younger students, as well as their team. If they continue their behaviour after this, I would give them a detention and report them to their team captain. If this behaviour was extended over a serious amount of time after many detentions, I would suggest a possible suspension.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
As it was already established they were not listening to anything I was saying I would not necessarily bother talking to them too much, possibly call out their name in front of the class, hoping the embarrassment of being called out in front of everyone who is presumably much more mature. If the behaviour continued I would send them out of the classroom and refuse to teach them until they had calmed down, if this such actions carried on, they would be given a detention.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me She calmly walked towards the board, picking up a bright pink piece of chalk and wrote some keynotes in bold bubbly letters to draw in the students' attention. She would then turn and smile at the students, starting to explain the first.

/me As she walked towards the front of the classroom, her footsteps would be almost silent. Once she reached the front, she would turn to the class and flash them a bright grin, preparing to start the lesson in a happy and timely manner.

/me She would walk around the room, collecting the homework assignments. She would glance at one of the students' writing, before nodding and quietly giving them a few words of appraisal.

/me Her eyes would lower into a stern glare as she swiftly pointed at the door, remaining completely silent, waiting for the student to walk out as their punishment.

/me As the bell rang, Kasumi would open the doors, politely waving goodbye to the students as they left, reminding them to do the homework she had set. As the last student left the classroom, she would close the door and return to her desk to mark the work that had been completed during the lesson.

Backstory

Kasumi was born on November 26th, 1989 in a small village in Japan. She was an only child in a lower-middle-class family, which did mean they were stable, however, couldn’t afford the luxuries. Kasumi was merely an average child, not standing out from the crowd at all, however, at such a young age this didn’t matter to her. She wasn’t extremely smart or surprisingly pretty, she just blended into the crowd. At the age of eight, Kasumi was relatively mature for her age, having picked up a lot of things herself after her parents had to be at work most days to support their family. She would do small but helpful things like grabbing food from the local corner store and cleaning the house, nothing too hard for a ten-year-old, and her parents appreciated it greatly, they didn’t need to worry as they lived in a small village, crime rates were low, nothing bad could happen.

One day when Kasumi was walking to the corner store on the way home from school she ran into an unpleasant situation. As she was grabbing eggs from the back behind a tall set of shelves, she heard a high pitched scream. She quickly crouched down, looking around the edge of the shelves to see a man with hair that covered any chance of seeing an expression pointing a gun towards the woman who owned the store. Being a small child, Kasumi didn’t understand what this meant or what she was supposed to do, so she fled. She fled seeing only the woman’s petrified facial expression stuck in her mind. She never found out what happened to that woman, but she, of course, assumed the worse.

As she grew up her life was heavily based around this entire situation. She felt to blame for what had happened on that day, so she vowed to herself she would fix this, no matter what it took. As the years went by, her parents started to get extremely worried about her as she was quiet and reserved, nonetheless, they had no idea the situation had actually happened at all, Kasumi felt too ashamed to tell them. Her parents decided to move her into therapy, this was only a temporary fix. She soon broke and told her the****** everything that had happened, and of course, her parents were informed, as a surprise to her, they in fact weren’t mad or disappointed at all, they were simply worried for their child’s mental health.

Once Kasumi moved up into high school she, in fact, became relatively popular, her image became a bright bubbly and outgoing person, however inside she was still dwelling on the horrific events that she had witnessed. After a year or two, a professor she didn’t know as she was in high school started to realise what was going on and started speaking to her, soon Kasumi opened up to her about the situation and the professor introduced her into the subject she happened to teach: Criminology. Kasumi swiftly became extremely interested in the subject and this is when she fully realised, it wasn’t the woman from the past she should be focused on, but preventing situations like this from happening at all. As the years went by she became more and more devoted to the subject, eventually going on to take it in college alongside a law course, however, her main goal was to teach, because she knew this would be the most prominent way to prevent such acts from happening.

As soon as she graduated she went on to start teaching criminology, this concluded of just workshops at first, she would travel among the schools, providing a weeks worth of lessons on the subject before moving on. After a few years of this, a school caught attention of her and decided to take her on. She was teaching criminology at a highschool level, and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Her students loved her as she was an extremely bubbly person and saw through everyone’s stereotypes, seeing them for the people they really were, she started to help a lot of students with their problems as she was such a friendly person, it was easy to talk to her.

Once she turned thirty-four she decided she wanted to move on in the world of schooling wanting to go on to heavily affect peoples lives, hopefully changing them for the better, which is what brought her to making this application now.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Kasumi Hirayama

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss

Given Name(s): Kasumi, ‘Kas’

Preferred Name: Miss Hirayama (to students) 'Kas' (to other adults)

Religious Denomination: None

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 6

Working Experience (# of years): 7

Academic Degree: Masters degree

Year of Graduation: 2015

Major(s): Law, Criminology

Minors: Psychology, English

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: N/A

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: N/A

Preferred Teaching Subject: Criminology

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): This is my alt account, my main is FrigYou, however, I am just as active on both.

Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread