mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted [Accepted] Math Teacher Application ✔

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN (In Game Name): SecretSynthesis (I changed it to F7R though)
Previous bans: Spam.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, I do understand.

Describe your activity on the server: I play about 1-2 hours every day.

Do you have Discord (if so, what's your discord username)? I have discord but I cannot use it anymore.

Do you have a microphone? Yes, I do.

List your current and past applications:
Math Teacher, I got no reply.
Football Player, I got one reply it was not good or bad though.

What is your motivation for applying?: I can go on forever but the Teacher is such a cool job teaching students, wondering what the pupils' quarrels might be and how they learn, and meeting other great Teachers with an easier basis to them.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Have you read
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
There is none.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
I would ask the headmaster for permission to go to a local Mathematics Museum, if the answer is a positive, I would tell my students that there will be a field trip to a Math Museum at the best date possible. I will bring four chaperones with me, permission slips needed and I will get a substitute teacher in placement if any student cannot make it and a summary shall be written. If the answer is no, the answer won't let me down and I will go on teaching, I might though try again on another date.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
1. Respect for self, others, and school
2. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself
3. No eating or drinking during class
4. Keep flip-phones in pockets or bag during class
5. Swearing or racist comments will not be tolerated inside a classroom
6. Be prepared (for example always bring a pen, pencil and a book)
7. Always remember to do your homework and hand it in on the correct day.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
I was never a teacher in SchoolRP before, though I have helped with classes in other Servers. As a student in SchoolRP, I was very open to talking to a teacher and I had many questions including with Mr. Kay, the geography teacher. I also as a student, tried to get many friends and into a relationship.
I Have Played SchoolRP for some time now. I started back in the Old Server with the KFC et cetera. I also am in Grade 12 (17).

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee
Newly Qualified Teacher
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills
Head of Department

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
There is no Megathread, all it says is an error.
From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
The teaching system is almost perfect but a lot of work can be hard to understand, I was once in a mathematics class where the teacher was teaching PEMDAS, all European Schools do not use this and use the system BODMAS, and afterwards I heard some chatter about what PEMDAS is, words like Parentheses are in Europe Brackets. This is only for example though.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
In Game:
In Game the teacher teaches one class either Period 1, 2, 3 or any other after-school activity or any tutoring, where their purpose is to teach the students what they are talking about, their subject and how it should be learning, with the salary, the teacher should be happy with whatever they are getting, because it reflects how either they are working and teaching.
OOC:
Out of the character, the teacher should still be a role model to his/her students and be as very very respectful to all others and following the rules.

In the teachers spare time, the teacher can walk do after school classes, they can also go to a local shop and do all legal things that a teacher should do, a teacher can be around 11/7 and answer any needed questions.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
What is a school without any teachers? Teachers are paramount and vital to both SchoolRP and any school, they teach students what they have to learn for now and the future, the preparation to university and to their future life and job. If there were no teachers, it would be called RP, not SchoolRP.
In Conclusion, teachers are crucial to schools.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
A teacher will get a rank higher if either they are teaching and working really well or supporting others and being great at their job.
Trainee
Newly Qualified Teacher
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills
Head Department
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
1) A teacher must report lessons regularly.
2)Time for work may only end when only told by a higher official, such as the Principal.
3) A teacher may be required to do an additional work.
4) A record of attendance for you as a teacher will be kept, if broken you will be sanctioned.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future? Mr. Secrost stands tall, with dark brown hair and casual clothes, he usually wears a watch, and a jumper with a tie, in more important occasions a blazer, his pants are always smart and he wears shiny black shoes.
When he sees a bright student who is intrigued with his class he always wants to know why the students are intrigued with the class and always asks if she/he wants more guidance with the class or helps him/her.
If I see many students who are bored, I either make the class more fun and lively or ask what is the problem, if the students are doing poorly in the class I always help them, and give them more encouragement.
His plan for the future is the be the Head of Mathematics in a school and he would like to teach more pupils about Math, what his theory is on Math and why it is a great subject.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would send them straight to my office and ask them why they are using such rude, and inappropriate language, then I would see their state and I would give them detention with assignments to do or lines. If they do not cooperate, other and keep on doing this, I will send the quarrel to higher personnel.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?

I would liven up the class, or cheer the students up to get them more into the class, other solutions would be a stand and stretch for all of them, and a small little change of subject for a brief minute. If this goes on, I will raise my voice to sound show that we must learn.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?

Nice and kind to the other teachers, I might ask them questions about their learning system and classes, I will always understand the motive of their lesson and provide some small tips, hoping they would do the same to me.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me writes in chalk at the board, the Pythagoras Right Angle Statement
/me listens to the student answering, smiles in the correct answer.
/me sees the students sitting down and doing the tests, marks any extra work
/me take a breath while walking in the class, introducing the main motive of the lesson.
/me stands disgusted by the mean words he said, he looks at him and is going to give him detention.

BACKSTORY
Lawrence Francis Secrost was born in Brazil, Rio De Janeiro. He had a very small stay there as at an early age his parents moved to England when he was just two years old. Lawrence always exceeded in Mathematics, and History, however, he was not always capable of fitting in with a lot of students as he was not athletic and he was not the fittest of them either.
Life at home was not as simple too. His mother and father were known to argue and soon his father wanted an easy move back to Brazil because of the other family and how it was an easier life for them, though the mother thought that the trio should stay in England as England is a better country than Brazil, a safer life, gives their son a better education, and that England has more opportunities than many other countries for both them, and for their son.
Years went on and Lawrence made some new friends who were intrigued by Mathematics, Hugo Sotcliffye, Daniel Wescott Leavories, and Alex Bovnils. They all were hoping to get into the same college and in England that was between, Harrow and Eton College. However though Lawrence joined in a much different approach, he joined the Phillips Exeter school in New England, USA. His friends were happy for him and their mind did not change into going British Colleges.
Phillips Exeter, the school for the best smart kids, and creative, bright students, was how to join though inside the school, Lawrence found it a big maze because the school was really divided into two campuses, the rich and the smart. Lawrence found this odd and only thought that he was not rich, so he entered the other campus. Lawrence met a teacher there of History, but he can also teach Mathematics, they tutored together and soon this teacher was able to make Lawrence great in many more subjects, more than just the two. He was now a very capable student in English, Foreign Languages (French), Science, History, and Mathematics, he also was eager to be able to join a nearby Football team but he needed to practice a lot.
The days of Phillips Exeter ended and Lawrence joined Penne University, where he studied Math and he had some minors in History and Economics. University went by quickly and his main goal was to teach students, younger people just as he was to learn, be interested, and learn Mathematics. He traveled to Japan to learn a new form of teaching.
This is where Lawrence is now.

IN CHARACTER
(
Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Lawrence Francis Secrost
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Mr. Secrost
Preferred Name: Mr. Secrost

Religious Denomination: Christianity and Catholic
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Brazil
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 3 years
Working Experience (# of years): 7 years

Academic Degree: Bachelor Degree

Year of Graduation: 2008
Major(s): Mathematics
Minors: History, Economics

Native Languages: Brazilian
Other Languages: English, French.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: TEFL
Preferred Teaching Subject: Mathematics, but History can be good

Additional notes about your application (if any): None Applicant N/A

Last edited:

Hobbits

Level 10

@SecretSynthesis, your Teacher Application has been pending! Here are the reason(s):

✴ Grammar mistakes, make sure you reread your application.
✴ Your backstory is very questionable and a little cliche. Please change it.
✴ In the "In Character" section your year of graduation is 2003. Currently, we are in modern day Japan (2018) which would mean you graduated in 18 - I recommend you change that.

Please note: You have 72 hours. (Wednesday, 10 PM EST) to get your application updated. If you fail to do so - you will be denied. Once you feel confident you can either PM me or post a message on your application for another review.

Other than that, if you have any questions about anything then PM me either on Discord (Hobbits #9172) or on the Forums @Hobbits (I do not bite.)

Last edited:

Hobbits

Level 10

@SecretSynthesis congratulation, your Teacher Application has been accepted! Here are the reason(s):

✴ Your backstory is wonderful now - nice editing.
✴ Fix 'In-Character' section
✴ Passed activity check

Please note: You will receive your title and permission ETA: 72 hours by @Ducks (You must be online to receive your rank.) If you do not receive your perms in the ETA please message me on either the forums (through a PM) or on Discord.

Other than that, if you have any questions about anything then PM me either on Discord (Hobbits #9172) or on the Forums @Hobbits (I do not bite.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread