players online

[ACCEPTED] Pumiod's Professor-Application

Lumiod

Level 1
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?:
Kumiod (2nd ALT account)

How old are you?: 15 years of age

Do you have any previous bans?: I do not have any bans on the server.

What Country are you from?: The United States of America

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Yes, Lumi#2246

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I acknowledge this. It is very clear.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: I have been playing SchoolRP for quite some time I would say my self, about 5 years. I am active daily for about 4 or 5 hours. I do what I do best while playing which is roleplaying. When I'm not on the server, most times I might be making skins for others or myself. On the forums, I keep up with new important threads or updates that were added to the server so I can know whats going on. So I can say that I check forums once or twice a day.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lumiods-college-application.28934/ ACCEPTED

https://schoolrp.net/threads/lumiods-council-application.26714/ ACCEPTED

https://schoolrp.net/threads/lumiods-moderator-staff-application.26305/ DENIED

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
I was once a professor when Im6 had reintroduced the role to SchoolRP when he was college dean, we had to apply through private messages on forums at the time. But I had ended leaving the role due to the lack of free time I had then. I did enjoy teaching college classes for it made my roleplay experience more interesting and fun. If I do recall we had to make up our own teaching method that wouldn't bore the students-we could not copy and paste, it was a slight challenge at first till I had it down. Doing that certainly made me roleplay more-which I loved because I interacted with the students more, rather than just copying and pasting a whole lecture into the game each class. I also have an account that is just an adult, I hardly get on that account to play because I have no reason to. But I would love to roleplay as a professor with him.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: As I said before I had been a professor. I know the basics of running a class for it to go smooth, interactive, and interesting, or fun because at the end of the day- this is a game. I try not to use LOOC that much when roleplaying in general and more when I am set in my character's state of mind. Whatever happens, ICLY stays ICLY. Back to the teaching part, making the classroom smoother and realistic is what I tend to aim for when hosting a class. Staying in my character's personality and making him professional and serious about his work, even if it came to someone very important ICLY or OOCLY I will react the same towards any other person. I don't think yelling out random stuff as a professor or teacher is correct, or acting as your character still has that highschooler in them.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Classroom logs are proof that you host classes and that you are doing the job you applied for, it is also the way you get paid. Taking a screenshot during your class is in session is the way to log it. If you don't do there might be a chance of getting fired! Or worse you don't get paid even if you are hosting classes! So yes I realize how important this is, for it would be a dumb move if you are not doing so.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: Strict rules in my classroom will be simple and easy to understand. If students can not follow these simple rules- I have no idea who accepted them as college students. (Jokes)
1. Please be seated at the desk when the class has started unless told something else.
2. When wanting to ask a question or speak raise your hand.
3. Do not come into my class to distract others from trying to learn.
4. No eating only water. A very simple one.
5. Please pay attention to my classes, If you don't I hope you have a plan for passing.
6. Last but not least, Treat my classroom as if you are in a professional place.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP): When I was new to SchoolRP I didn't understand the rules and such lacking a bunch of roleplay. But as time passed by I was introduced to GangRP- yes GangRP was the first thing I was involved in. Being in some known gangs I met a bunch of different people, being inspired by them I would notice my Roleplaying skills getting better. But enough about my boring stories. I was also part of the fraternity when it was introduced to Karakura. Showing up to the events held to become part of the fraternity- but then, this is when I decided to apply for a college professor. Got married ICLY have no idea how that worked, but we hosted a little wedding. Roleplaying as a college student is very fun as well because most characters are mature once in college. Highschool roleplay is fun also because you get to make characters that will be so interesting.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

Being a college professor takes on many tasks. Here let me teach you what I know, a professor's main goal is to teach students the subject they have chosen so that the student may get on the pathway to a career that they wish to have. Educating the students so that will reach their potential for the world awaiting them as adults. Counseling is another big thing professors have to follow through, as students may not understand some things as if they should keep taking certain classes for what they are trying to achieve or what they think is best for them so it doesn't affect the rest of their life. Students need to rely on wiser and experienced people sometimes so they know what they are doing. Professors also have to show communication with their students to make sure they aren't stressing too much and overworking them selfs or if they are having trouble understanding somethings taught.

A professor's salary depends on how many classes have been done. Once a professor has done 15 classes they can be paid 300,000 Yen at the end of the month. If a professor has done 5 more classes extra they can raise the pay by 50,000 Yen to their current paycheck. To be able to receive your paycheck you must log all of your classes.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?
The character I plan on playing with is Tetsuya Mondai a somewhat peaceful self-centered Japanese male who would have red-dyed hair, having an irezumi on the back of his body that would be hidden, on his neck would be a scar running around a bit. He would care about family the most for he has a bunch of respect for them. He loves being noticed for his sense of fashion and his looks for he is proud of it. Having a slim body he'd still be somewhat muscular for he would look fit. When it comes to students he would interactive with them, never turning down a conversation if he has time. But when it comes to students who might come off annoying or disturbing he'd rather walk away from it rather than making the situation worse. He would almost act the same way towards other teachers but he's sure enough that teachers won't act carelessly. He plans on teaching for a good while until he feels satisfied with his goal which would be helping students to make Karakura a better place. (I'll make him an old man if anything or something.)

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
I would ask why they are screaming and shouting like monkeys who can't find their bananas. If they do not comply with me and keep on doing their foolish acts I will ask them to stop it, if I have to yell and show a bit of rage I will do so but I rather not. If the Dean or Vice Dean has to be involved then shall be it.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do? I will for sure not lay a hand on the student or show a violent side of me. I rather ask the other students to do something else while I try to solve the situation. Which would be most likely getting the Dean or Vice Dean to deal with the student. If I can't get in touch with the Dean or Vice, I will direct the class to focus on something else that won't be marked down for a grade but just to do for the time being. Then I would make sure the student won't do anything dumb to hurt others or hurt themself.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He'd grab the knob to the door pulling the door shut turning around looking at the class for a quick second before walking up to his desk grabbing papers or a book moving them to the other table that would face the students placing them on the table- facing the students he'd lean back onto the table crossing his legs saying "Welcome class, hope you are having a good day today and hope your up for some learning!"

/me He'd pull out the chair from his desk sitting down leaning forward to the side to open his desk drawer reaching in for pens and notebooks, he'd then take them out placing them on the desk standing up grabbing them once again walking around the room passing them out to each student by handing it to them.

/me "Okay so today we will be learning about..." He'd turn around facing the board grabbing the chalk swiftly and roughly writes down the subject that would have been announced, returning his attention to the class still holding onto the chalk he'd point out to the students "Any questions before we start?"

/me "How is everyone doing this morning?" He'd get up off his chair slowly as he'd be yawing hovering his palm in front of his mouth covering his mouth so they couldn't see inside his mouth after he'd pace around the room a bit as spoke.

/me Raising his arm pointing out a finger at the student he'd say "May you please tell me..." After the student was done answering he'd nod his head saying "Thank you." as he walked up to the board listing down the response with the chalk in hand.

Backstory

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life.
Before Tetsuya wanted to teach at Karakura he was part of a yakuza called the "Mondai Clan". It was through the family he was part of the Japanese gang, the head of the Mondai family had accepted Tetsuya to be part of the yakuza. He was also given a role as the Horishi (tattoo artist) for the yakuza as his creativity for art was very good. Tetsuya ended falling in love with a woman who he had met. She turned out to be a high school teacher her self, after some time he ended up getting married to his lover. At this time Tetsuya had decided to resign from the yakuza before it shut down. He then persuaded the dream he always had before he joined the yakuza- which was teaching college students so they get the best understanding of how the world works within the business area.

As a teen, Tetsuya was a hard-working student. Getting great grades in high school and graduating from college. He wasn't too much of the rebellious type through his life and still hasn't gone or thought of going down that path. Always being professional but also not being a hardcore cold-hearted man. After college, he decided to settle down and enjoy life also creating clothing as a hobby. During these years he noticed more companies would start popping up out of nowhere, like Myriad. Myriad is a very organized company which became very big, also because of their own tailoring- which Tetsuya would then become apart of for a while but then dropping out during his time I the yakuza. But back to Tetsuya when he became an adult, he then reflected on the classes he had taken about business still studying about it after he graduated. He also had a dream of building his own business that he would run, but he thought about it not wanting to at the end because he would be worried it wouldn't have time for other things in life. So he came to the second conclusion- which would want to teach the new generation of kids about business so they could build their own businesses and make "The world a better place."

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Tetsuya Mondai
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Tetsuya, Tete, Tetsu, Mr. Mondai
Preferred Name: Tetsuya

Religious Denomination: Shinto
Marital Status: Married

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience: 6 years of experience
Working Experience: 8 years of experience

Academic Degree: Master's degree

Year of Graduation: 2009
Major(s): Business Administration & Management, Marketing Management & Research, Contracts Management
Minors: Accounting, Mathematics, Teacher education, Psychology

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: None right now.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No, I do not.
Preferred Teaching Subject: Business Administration

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
Do you have any questions?:
Are you able to make one different character if wanting to?

Guacadola

Level 10
Accepted!

Thank you for applying!

To receive your professor rank, make a request in the request category on forums!
[Follow the instructions provided in the given section]

| Please make sure to also join the Karakura Academics discord (Click Here) |
@me in the #Roles channel to receive the ranks

DM me @ Doughlah#4327 if you have any further questions.

tumblr_mga2fp3gta1qfqivoo1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread