players online

[ACCEPTED] Pumkin Shop 10 Application

Chloeee

Level 1
Shop 10 Application

IGN:
Pumkin

Previous applications:
(Denied) https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/school-employee-application.15195/
(Accepted) https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/pumkins-greek-application.13706/

Previous warns/kicks/bans:
None

Shop wanted:

Shop 10 - The name would be changed to "Cafe Ponderosa" (Not settled yet)

Why do you want to own a shop?:

I think owning a shop can be a different roleplay experience for myself and others. I believe owning a shop would help give back to the community, and offers players different roleplay experiences, along with a different experience for me to further my roleplay. I understand that owning a shop is quite a bit of time and work, and using my past experiences will definitely help myself to take on the role of being a shop owner. Not only does this require a lot of time, but I understand that roleplay is a major factor in becoming a shop owner. I also want to know the challenge of taking on the role of being a shop owner, so in the future, I can go onto bigger things. As I said before, continuing my own roleplay by owning a shop would be perfect. I have worked on my roleplay for many years, and this would definitely take it to the next level. I want to understand hard-work and pressure (which I have definitely had the opportunity to encounter.) I think I would also like the environment of the cafe, it'd be regular talk with your friends, a hang out place, and just a time to relax and grab a cup of coffee. I also believe I am ready to handle this type of roleplay, from previous applications and from other people. I've been told I am capable of taking on a bigger role, and I think taking on being an owner of a cafe is perfect for what I am looking for. I think since I have had past responsibilities to work at an actual job, I had the experience to take a look inside how some businesses run and work. I want to have the experience of running a shop, taking stock, having employees, and being a leader. Business is also another thing I would love to be a part of. I want to talk to other owners for advice and help, and also work alongside with other shop owners. I also understand this type of roleplay can be difficult and I am ready to take on the challenge.

What do you plan to do with the shop?:

I plan to do quite a bit with the shop. I still want to keep Shop 10 or "Cafe Ponderosa" a cafe, I like the aspect of a cafe, especially with coordinated outfits which I plan to add for workers. I also want to add a library within the cafe, just to be different from regular cafes. I want people to come in and be welcomed by a cozy environment and a large selection of books. I think adding this allows for further roleplay as well. I want the cafe to be a chilling and or relaxing hang out area for the community. I also plan on adding different seating, along with changing up a lot of the interior and some of the exterior. I also want to have a lot of sweets on the menu, such as cookies, and of course coffee and many more items. I also would like to add some non-food items, but that will not be placed on the menu, instead of at the library area. I would also enjoy and look forward to plan and work on having times when the shop opens so it's not disorganized (I have some employees lined up to work). I would like to also have shifts for people and make an orderly schedule. Not only that, but I plan on opening the shop regularly and having multiple events inside the shop such as competitions, movie nights, parties, celebrations, etc. I plan on opening it regularly and letting people have fun with events. Movie nights and discounts will happen regularly, and I'll have employees help out with setting up events.

How will your shop be unique?:

(Interior) - My shop will be unique because of its library system. I also thought on an arcade in the cafe and incorporating that somehow, but I'm not sure about the regulations of that. Live performances would also add to the shop's unique qualities. I mostly want to focus on the library, though. The Library part would be within the cafe, so people would have access to books and maybe a cup of coffee. I want the environment to be relaxing. I also would like a lot of plants and vegetation.

(Exterior) - For the exterior of the store, I would like to change it quite a bit while still maintaining the regular shape. I would like to change the color of it and also incorporate an outside patio in the back or either one of the sides. Materials I plan to use are Brick, Bone Block, Quartz, Terracotta, and some concrete along with some stained glass.

I also would like to make special occasion menus, so for holidays, there would be special deals and discounts on items. I also would like limited time items for holidays. Not only that but adding in special occasion parties would be ideal. I continue to plan on making my cafe unique, but I would thoroughly enjoy having a library aspect inside the cafe, just so people have something to do instead of sitting in a cafe. A couple of different furniture items within the library would also add a cozy and wonderful touch, creating the perfect environment. I also will be open to suggestions from customers or other players on the server, I am open to any new ideas and I want to hear what the customer wants because I believe their hospitality and enjoyment comes first in retail. I also will look at what people look forward to in a cafe, and this will definitely be something I will look for when running the business. I also have noticed how some people wait for businesses to be open, I want the cafe to be a place to hang out, and I plan to open it regularly.

How many employees are you planning to have?:

Employees are definitely an important aspect to have. They maintain the store, help customers with questions or concerns, and also serve them. I also expect them to help with the library feature too since that can get very disorganized. I plan to have around 10-20 employees, some switching off shifts and doing different jobs around the cafe. I have employees lined up since I hope for this to be a family -run business. I will allow training from either myself or one of the high-ranking employees for a trainee. This will determine if they are a good fit. Hiring other people who are not in the family is also an option.

JOBS:

Co-Owner (18+) The co-owner job is one of the most difficult jobs that require a lot of time and responsibility. They'll help me make large decisions around the place, help with shipment orders, along with doing a regular employee's job. They will also be able to open the shop without consent, hire people (but not open public interviews), and make deliveries. (1)

Manager (18+) The manager would be able to open the cafe with consent from co-owner or shop owner, also help with deliveries, along with doing regular employment duties. (1-2)

Waiter/Waitress (16-17+) The waiter's job is simple. All they have to do is take orders from customers, bring them their orders, and continuously check up on customers to see if there are any issues, they'll learn how to handle multiple situations when training. (3-5)

Library Assistant (16-17+) The library assistant is a bit difficult. They must know all the books offered in the "Library" section of the cafe, they also must work the register of the library, and be able to recognize types of books and know which ones are the best (*required to read at least 5 of the books offered*) (1-3)

Server (16-17+) The server is easy, when coming into the cafe, they will direct you in the right direction, give you a menu, and guide you to a seat. After the customer is seated, they may roam the library and the cafe. (Probably one of the starting jobs for a trainee) (1-2)

Chef (16-17+) The chef will take orders gathered from the waiter, and prepare the order for the customer, and then return it to the waiter. (Waiters can also do this job) (1-3)

ADD-ON QUESTIONS:
Do you have past experience?

I do have past experience with this type of work, but not in the roleplay aspect. I have done customer service on the server, and I have also done it in my daily life. My first job required a lot of work, so knowing from real experiences, I know how to deal with customers along with any issues that may arise in the workplace. Some things I have done are stocking shelves, cleaning, pricing, working the cash register, hauling in new shipments, and many more. My job experience is a real experience, and I'm glad I have it, since I think it helps me with my roleplay, and I think I am fit and ready for the role of shop-owner.

Do you understand the requirements of this job?

I do, I understand that I must take time out of my day to maintain the shop, and I also have other people to assist me with that. I believe I meet the requirements. I have had real experiences with working, and I am becoming more independent as I age, along with becoming more mature, which I believe is a requirement. I know that I am responsible enough to uphold a shop and to hire people and seek help to keep the shop successful and thriving.

What do you want to change about the building, and why?

I have many future plans for Shop 10. I already mentioned that I would like a library type area incorporated into the building, which wouldn't take up much room. I also would like to see life in the building. I want the building to be a French/modern cafe style. I mentioned materials before, and I think that fits in for what I am looking for. I want the cafe to be different from anything else I have made before, and I want to be as creative as possible with it. I would like to make it lively with the interior, so I always use a bit of vegetation in my builds. For the shape, I would like to keep it similar to the shape it is now, but of course, change it a bit. (further explanation can be continued on Discord).

Are you active on the server?

I definitely try to come on quite a bit. Sometimes with school there are barriers, on weekends is when I am mostly free, but otherwise, I do try to keep coming on consistently. I have had points where I am unable to come on due to certain issues or events happening in my life, but I really want to keep opening the shop up to the community, and I understand time is a big concern. I know I will be able to open the shop, and consistently. I have been more active lately, and I’ve been including myself in roleplay a lot more as well.

Why did you choose your shop?

Choosing a shop was complicated because I really had to think about location, style, and potential. I chose Shop 10 because I believe it has a lot of potentials. I know I can do a lot with the shop to entertain the players and keep them visiting the area. As for location, I think the location is perfect, and I can do a lot with the area just because of where it's placed. I know I can express the shop better in a more open area such as where the placement of the shop is now.

Examples:

I would love to change up the shop, (only if possible) and if it were to be changed, I would like to make it similar to the picture shown above. I really would like to change the shop up a bit and make it my own unique style. I understand that this may not be done and that this is only an example or a rough build of what I would like to see being done to the cafe. (I also understand that if the shop cannot be changed then I'm fine with keeping it the way it is, and this is just a rough design, later to be changed).

Do you have discord?

I do have discord, my username is clonky#2962, I also have a mic and I can talk.

How do you plan to organize your shop?

I understand that organizing a shop is quite a bit of work, especially with shipment orders and paying employees. First and foremost, I would like to have a schedule for shipments along with shifts for employees. I want shipments to be organized, and I also want to keep track of the stock we have, along with what is and isn’t selling. I will always know how much of each item I have. I also want employees (when waiting on customers) to keep track of how much money they make and what they sold, so I would give each employee a book to keep track. As for payment, I would like to give employees 25%-50% of what they make when they work. It also depends on your job, so for example, if you’re a waiter, you would earn money by selling items and waiting on people, but the servers would be paid by me. Tips are also for waiters, I do not take a percentage of that. I also would like to keep the prices in books for employees so they know what to write down when a customer orders their food.

NOTES:
We also want this to be mainly a family business, consisting of family members working at the shop. The family consists of around 7 people, (at the moment) and we'll also be open for interviews. We also hope to make outfits for employees. (We have someone who makes skins, PM me for layouts)

Menu:
Snacks/Foods
Cookie - 300 Yen
Toffee Apple - 400 Yen
Blue Lolly - 200 Yen
Cooked Bacon - 500 Yen
Toast - 400 Yen
Banana - 200 Yen
Friend Eggs - 500 Yen
(There will be more, I am not informed on all items.)
Beverages
Coffee - 500 Yen
Hot Cocoa - 500 Yen
Milk Carton - 300 Yen
(Prices will vary depending on business and budgets.)
(Menu will be longer)

Ending Notes:
I have big plans for this shop, and I know I have the potential to make it a good shop based on my abilities and past responsibilities. I want to put my heart and soul into the shop, and I will continue to pursue my goals.

Thank you for reading my application! If you have any questions please PM me.

Last edited:

Ryanark

Level 119
Ryanark
Ryanark
Rich+
Accepted!
You have definitely shown that you are more than capable and ready to take on the role of Shop-Owner - I hope that you can at least open once a day (enough for me at least) because of your activity, that you mentioned. I believe you show that you are dedicated and ready for the responsibility as well as your experience in roleplay. We can discuss renovations privately on Discord.

PM me when you are online on the server and ready to receive your rank - Ryanark#9337

Users who are viewing this thread