circusjax
circusjax
Omega
IGN:
Darketru
DATE:
11/22/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Increasing the acrobatics % per hour or at least balance it out with the other attributes. (Swim, speed, lung, etc)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
When the attributes system first came out everyone was excited about this as it brought more realism to the server. However, with some of these attributes, it’s a pain to achieve. Most people can agree it takes a while to get their attributes all maxed out. But what if I told you that the acrobatics would take you the longest? But wait can’t you just AFK jump? No! As we know this is against the rules so you’d have to manually jump around for so long and barely increase your acrobatics.

Let’s start with the calculations I discovered! So let’s say you’re jumping around the map for 6 hours at the end you only went up 5 levels. Now if the acrobatics properly followed math scenarios you’d actually go up 7.2%! And that is quite a lot! I’ll show you how I got 7.2% you simply take 6 and divide it by 5 then get 1.2% multiply 1.2% by 6 since that’s your hours and you get 7.2% as your levels.
However, acrobatics doesn’t follow this math scenario. I will now show you what the acrobatics system follows.

Taking the 1.2% I got later I began to lower the percentage each time and multiplied it by 6 since that is my hours variable to get to the most precise answer I could possibly get.
At the end of my calculations, the most precise percentage I got out of it was 0.835% per hour! So if we take that percentage and multiply it by 6 you’d get 5.01 for your levels.
Yes, I do understand that this is supposed to be realistic but let’s say you were to jump 24 hours straight, you’d only go up 20.04 levels. I do not know anyone that would want to jump for 24 hours straight just to go up approximately 20 levels in acrobatics. This is why I am here to suggest we increase the acrobatics percentage level per hour. For example for getting your swim levels up it should take an individual at least an hour to get maxed out. Let's say your swim level is at 3 and you want to get at 100. If we take 100 and divide it by 3 we approximately get 33.3% now if we take 33.3% divide it by 1000 since 1 millisecond is 1000 you’d be approximately going .0333% per millisecond. However, once you reach level 50 in the swim you gain dolphins grace to help boost your speed. So this also explains how the individual would get their swim speed maxed out for at least an hour.

Since I haven’t reached level 50 in acrobatics I’m unsure if there is a boost. However just to get to level 50 it’d take 60 hours just to get there. If there is no boost in acrobatics then it’d take at least 100 hours of straight jumping just to get acrobatics maxed out.
Oh wait but does this plugin of theirs even let them change the settings? It's called coding, I’m sure there is a way to change the settings of the acrobatics setting. So overall, I think the acrobatics percentage level should increase to 1.2% per hour increase to match the accurate math calculations from the beginning.

I thank you for reading my suggestion.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
the attributes plugin is already planned to be reworked & is already on the Trello, the one we have now isn't configurable, hence why we can't manually add attributes and can only reset them. The link for the page on our trello is here

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
+1/-1
Amazing suggestion, and so.. much math. Though the reason why I have '-1' on this, is because there is going to be an attribute update! It's on the update trello if you're curious. (Which Zinth has provided above me apparently!)

philbertman42

Level 136
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Or just remove the system altogether. They don't add anything to roleplay, but you HAVE to grind them if you want to be on an equal playing field as the rest of the server. Want to max out your stats on the text-based writing server? Have fun doing a mundane, repetitive task for literal OOC days. I mean, it's not as bad as when it was first introduced, where you lost EVERYTHING upon death.

But hey, look on the bright side! At least there are special methods that can speed up the pro- Oh wait, you'll be warned if you use any of them. It's almost like they want us to invest in this time-sink, knowing full well that we're making their server look more active player-count wise when in reality we're, functionally speaking, as important as an AFK player.
(source: me, some idiot who has grinded speed, endurance, and swim like 6 times over the years on various accounts.)

I mean, at least we'll have an easier time when the new attribute update rolls out!! Thankfully, it'll become 10% faster to train attributes in one specific location, so now people will congregate to one place to basically be AFK, but now they're doing it as a group! Now THAT'S what I call player engagement!

If I haven't been active-aggressive enough in writing this, I hate the ATR system with the same passion a snail has for cucumber, except instead of never-ending love it's unbridled rage, enough to fill me with the desire to rant about something I hate in an only somewhat related suggestion thread.

Users who are viewing this thread