mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Add a /afk command

IGN: MegaRenegade
DATE: 1/8/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: A /afk command which, when used, will add [AFK] to the end of your nametag
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: People will know to avoid starting up RP with someone who is afk, and will also know if someone is afk or just typing. The syntax would just be /afk, and if you already have the AFK status, typing it again will remove it.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

People try to RP with me when I'm AFK a lot, and I don't want to leave the server if I have to tab out for like 5 minutes to go grab some food.

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer
Being AFK isn't allowed, it's against the rules. Why would we add a command to indicate that you're doing something that's against the rules?
I also think that it's easy enough to tell if someone is AFK or not, even without a command. If someone doesn't respond quickly they're probably AFK.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1 AFKing should be allowed, also the stupid thing taking you to FRP just to boost their member count is not only poor service (essentially fake boosting the player count, which is bad.) but also awful since they have PVP turned on (they can hit you) and theres been plenty of times where I have been killed becuase I afked for 20 minutes to go make food. It's worse when I logged on last night to a 25 member count and only 4 actual players. If you are going to kick us, kick us to the hub or at least give us the option of where we get sent too

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
+1 AFKing should be allowed, also the stupid thing taking you to FRP just to boost their member count is not only poor service (essentially fake boosting the player count, which is bad.) but also awful since they have PVP turned on (they can hit you) and theres been plenty of times where I have been killed becuase I afked for 20 minutes to go make food. It's worse when I logged on last night to a 25 member count and only 4 actual players. If you are going to kick us, kick us to the hub or at least give us the option of where we get sent too
I agree simply with changing where we end up going after being afk for too long. What’s the reason for putting us in a whole different server

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
Being AFK isn't allowed, it's against the rules. Why would we add a command to indicate that you're doing something that's against the rules?
I also think that it's easy enough to tell if someone is AFK or not, even without a command. If someone doesn't respond quickly they're probably AFK.
Staff members AFK all the time, nobody is gonna get on you for being AFK for a minute or two. An AFK command would help. I'm not gonna get banned because I have to pee.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
The only reason afk is “against the rules” is because they don’t want player to be able to farm money they get every hour or whatever time it’s always given. Being afk for actual reasons is a different story. Plus afk command is telling others you’re afk when they click on you or something (didn’t read the suggestion) so the moment you probably move in game that afk status may go away

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
The only reason afk is “against the rules” is because they don’t want player to be able to farm money they get every hour or whatever time it’s always given. Being afk for actual reasons is a different story. Plus afk command is telling others you’re afk when they click on you or something (didn’t read the suggestion) so the moment you probably move in game that afk status may go away
Not to mention, the AFK command could stop the player from receiving their allowance.

pashy

Level 183
After t h I n k I n g about it... 1/1

I don't want to carry my afk friend and them to get kicked and this will help me :D .. But I also think this isn't best solution I think they should kick you still but please kick us to the main hub not FRP.. It's very annoying when you're whitlisted there.. And- it's not the main hub ('-')

Last edited:

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
+1

Yes! I've had so many times where I go afk to go grab food or such, or even a family issue happens then people try to say hello to me when I'm afk.

a /afk command could work well! It could stop the allowance until you're back by doing /afk again or moving. It'd be very helpful!

Lizalopod

Level 130
Yes please. As good as FRP is, I've been warned verbally several times for having a non frp compatible skin (my srp skin) just because the game kicked me into it while I was afk. If you're going to AFK kick someone, kick them permanently.

I would suggest making an AFK timer, and after a couple of minutes without movement, simply mark the player as afk and remove their balance income until they come back so they can't exploit it (which I'm fairly sure is the reason afking isn't allowed in the first place!)

+1

Users who are viewing this thread