Adding Indigenous/Native American Languages

ethxx.ltd

Level 45
ethxxltd
ethxxltd
Notable
IGN: InfinitysRP
DATE: 2022-07-09
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION/: For the number of languages SRP allows the userbase to have access it's sad to see that both North and South America only offer one language which is Esperanto when there are so many other languages spoken on the contents with a majority of them being Indigenous/Native American Languages such as Cree, Dena-thah, Dunne-za, Kaska Dena and Okanagan just to name a few
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: By adding Indigenous/Native American Languages such as Cree, Dena-thah, Dunne-za, Kaska Dena and Okanagan this opens a door for players to be able to create Indigenous/Native American characters and allow more diversity of characters within SRP. Along with allowing more characters to be created if someone with Indigenous/Native American ancestry joins SRP and becomes really fond of it they will be able to feel accepted knowing that their language is accessible to them if they were to create an Indigenous/Native American Character

(I know this is short but I feel it gets straight to the point)

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1 Maybe add a few of the more popular languages as most languages already go unused. I mean who here other than a few people have Xhosa (one of the available languages) as their language of choice? Most languages just struggle to pick up an audience

BearDucky

Level 35
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+

it’s already been similarly suggested before about new languages added, and as mentioned the amount of languages there currently are is perfectly fine. I do not see any possibility that this may be accepted as it’s been denied many times before. You may instead choose from the quite big variety of languages. Also if they were to add every language there would be overall too many, if they add this then they can’t just turn down other languages. I understand you want more languages but it’s unnecessary, and if you wanted a North America character then just make one? They don’t have to necessarily speak the language.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

This can be easily done through the config, I don't see why not. Yeah sure, "we don't need new languages" or whatever, but we do. If you can "imagine it, roleplay it" then why can you not roleplay as a character from more parts of the world?

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+

I'm mainly against adding more to the list of languages, considering we have a vast amount of them for people to apply for. Furthermore, you must note that Karakura is located in Japan. It would not make In-Character sense to have native Americans in a non-American region

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable

I'm mainly against adding more to the list of languages, considering we have a vast amount of them for people to apply for. Furthermore, you must note that Karakura is located in Japan. It would not make In-Character sense to have native Americans in a non-American region
People already roleplay Americans, and well literally everything else—Karakura is a very mixed place, isn't that the point of ALL the current languages that are currently available? I don't mean to sound snarky but you could also apply that knowledge with the fact people have 6'5 Japanese characters and are missing like 2 limbs all eyes etc.

+1

This can be easily done through the config, I don't see why not. Yeah sure, "we don't need new languages" or whatever, but we do. If you can "imagine it, roleplay it" then why can you not roleplay as a character from more parts of the world?

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable

it’s already been similarly suggested before about new languages added, and as mentioned the amount of languages there currently are is perfectly fine. I do not see any possibility that this may be accepted as it’s been denied many times before. You may instead choose from the quite big variety of languages. Also if they were to add every language there would be overall too many, if they add this then they can’t just turn down other languages. I understand you want more languages but it’s unnecessary, and if you wanted a North America character then just make one? They don’t have to necessarily speak the language.
They've added plenty of languages what stops them from adding another majorly used language? This only becomes an issue when they start to break down into minor languages that aren't well known

Freddy

Level 36
Partytime_Freddy
Partytime_Freddy
Notable
+1/-1 I really get where you are coming from, but there are MANY important languages missing on SRP either way, some even being suggested but denied. I believe your suggestion is not bad of course mainly since I'm a person interested in history, culture, and with that of course languages, but it has been said many times that the chances of another language being added are like 1%, so sadly chances are low.

Customable

Level 139
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
SchoolRP’s player base rarely expands beyond the usual: Korean, Chinese, Japanese sign language.

those who do fail to find those to speak with the language ICly, there are already over 100 languages, adding to it would just be putting more dust among the pile.

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
SchoolRP’s player base rarely expands beyond the usual: Korean, Chinese, Japanese sign language.

those who do fail to find those to speak with the language ICly, there are already over 100 languages, adding to it would just be putting more dust among the pile.
They should probably remove
"2. If you think that there's a language that exists and should be added to the list of languages here, you're able to make a feedback post HERE"

Then, along with other small languages.

Users who are viewing this thread