Populi
Populi
Fundraiser+
IGN: Populi
DATE: 04/10/21
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Hokkien added as a Language
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
In the Asia section of the Languages available, there are many Chinese dialects such as Wu, Jin, Hakka, Zhuang etc however Hokkien is not present. Minnan is added, however Minnan linguistically speaking is a language family encompassing many languages in the Southern Min region located in Southeastern Mainland China and is therefore incorrectly named. I feel Hokkien is a very big thing to miss, and is spoken in so many places across Asia that it seems like such a shame to miss. The amount of native speakers across Asia include 28 million speakers in Mainland China, 13.5 million in Taiwan (Hokkien is such an important language in Taiwan, that the Hokkien spoken there is sometimes called Taiwanese.) 2 million in Malaysia, 1 million in the Phillipines and 500,000 in Singapore. Not only does this encompass so many places and therefore many possible characters who could speak it, I have friends who share similar feelings about Hokkien being added so I feel like Hokkien is useful to have as a language as there is indeed people who would apply for it and use it for their characters.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

- This suggestion has been denied for the time being as we already have over 90 languages available to the public.​

Users who are viewing this thread