Yonio

Level 330
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: YonioTheNacho
What's the title of your suggestion?: Adding prices to Police Visitations

What's your suggestion?:
Ever since visitations were made possible for all inmates, it's going to be very time-consuming to host all these visitations. A way to prevent this is to put a 5,000 yen price wall for a police visitation.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This will make visitations less common and more focused on characters who actually have important things to say to their buddies

Popo

Level 61
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
I can see why this would be implemented, but a 5,000 yen price wall would be too insignificant to actually lessen inmate visitations in my opinion.

ny00m

Level 29
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
it would be funny if the visitation price went towards paying off the inmates bail so instead of paying some 300k at once i could instead visit my dear friend 60 times for the low low price of 5k per visit to bail them out in the span of 5 years instead of making them wait for their 3 month sentence to run out

_BritishAutism_

Level 103
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+
+1 I actually like this one, I'm unsure if you have to pay for actually visits IRL, but this makes it more of a challenge, I like challenges!

MinisterFudge

Level 26
Community Team
Event Team
MinisterFudge
MinisterFudge
Notable
  • The suggestion is based on the premise that "it's going to be" very time-consuming to host all these visitations. That is, it is predictive of something that may not even turn out to be a problem. I would pause and maybe see how things turn out first and see if this is a broader view of people in the KPD faction (i.e. it's actually preventing the faction as a whole from functioning properly, is presenting a problem).
  • Making visitations less common seems like a negative thing, and carrying an expense seems to put an IC pricetag on a fairly mundane piece of roleplay.
  • Gives me the economically discriminatory/not helping w rehabilitation ick. i.e. doesn't pass my vibe check.
  • The KPD should not get to decide what counts as a valuable/important visitation.
  • Visits should be facilitated rather than hindered. This would discourage RP, and deter people from visiting because the money could simply be used to get the person out of jail. ESPECIALLY if the amount we're talking about is very high.
  • EDIT 25/07 - There is talk of there being a 'time limit' already imposed upon visitations by KPD as a matter of policy. I do not know if this is true, but if so it takes away from the idea that there is a crisis of time management / KPD time being squandered/compromised.
Final thoughts: if implemented, such funds should be put towards the offender's bail as someone above suggested.

Last edited:

will!

Level 54
Community Team
Lore Team
lirically
lirically
Notable+
+1

5,000 is too little. If a character is worth visiting and you cannot pay the bail amount, pay more than ¥5,000. I wouldn't say anything more than ¥75,000, but it has to be a fee higher than the initial suggestion in my opinion in order to emphasise Yonio's point.

Cap

Level 1
+1

5,000 is too little. If a character is worth visiting and you cannot pay the bail amount, pay more than ¥5,000. I wouldn't say anything more than ¥75,000, but it has to be a fee higher than the initial suggestion in my opinion in order to emphasise Yonio's point.
+1
i agree personally i feel depending on what they have been arrested for that should determine the amount of yen they should pay .

HEXATICA

Level 15
HEXATICA
HEXATICA
Omega+
[ +1 ]

Guys, pay the officers for their time. They could be spending their time doing warrants, arrests, patrols or even training and during visitations they have to stay vigilant as to not let people pass perms or do anything else concerning enough.

soratheonly

Level 75
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
+1
Realistically, you pay a "fine" for common things like parking or going places at times and even other natural life things. Why wouldn't it be realistic to have to pay to see someone who broke the law? If you don't want to pay to visit someone, don't get arrested or pay the bail money !

HEXATICA

Level 15
HEXATICA
HEXATICA
Omega+
+1

Ur so real for this

Leo_14

Level 32
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
Neutral /+1

pros

- It makes it so officers that do have to do this do actually get recognised for their time, meaning it isn't worthless for the officers
- Could possibly add to an officers quota
- could pay the officer or towards the bail

Cons

- In real life although you get visits you only get so many, but you don't have to pay
- 5000 is too insignificant of an amount as even for new players you can relatively earn 5000
- officers could be doing better things than watching a visitation they could be arresting people with serious crimes or investigating

Personal view

- From the 2nd point, Visitations should be priced based on what arrested for, tresspassing could be 5k, gang affiliation 20k etc
- To make it more worth it, it can be 1 quota point
- should either be payed to the officer or towards the bail

Ruin

Level 118
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
  • The suggestion is based on the premise that "it's going to be" very time-consuming to host all these visitations. That is, it is predictive of something that may not even turn out to be a problem. I would pause and maybe see how things turn out first and see if this is a broader view of people in the KPD faction (i.e. it's actually preventing the faction as a whole from functioning properly, is presenting a problem).
  • Making visitations less common seems like a negative thing, and carrying an expense seems to put an IC pricetag on a fairly mundane piece of roleplay.
  • Gives me the economically discriminatory/not helping w rehabilitation ick. i.e. doesn't pass my vibe check.
  • The KPD should not get to decide what counts as a valuable visitation or not.
  • Visits should be facilitated rather than hindered.
Final thoughts: if implemented, such funds should be put towards the offender's bail as someone above suggested.
I agree with this
People dont really visit others unless it actually involves roleplay

-1 on the suggestion duderitto

Lewk

Level 94
x_z
x_z
Omega+

Maybe it should instead count as some sort of quota or log for the KPD officers who did it... However, this simply lowers the opportunities to roleplay.

Oliverium

Level 62
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
What MinisterFudge said, RP opportunities should be encouraged and paying a price would just discourage RP. Plus jail chars deserve to have some time with their family and friends. I remember visiting an inmate awhile back and there being a time limit in interactions. That makes more sense than adding money into the equation.

sake

Level 62
vokaloid
vokaloid
Rich
I don't think this is necessary because there's a 5 minute time limit, if there wasn't a time limit I think it'd make more sense to implement. Would the fee be tax paid? And if it's not tax paid, there's usually two officers at a visitation. Would they split the 5,000? I just think it's complicates things a bit

Users who are viewing this thread