Adding Search To Car Suggestion | GhostlyRebel

Rebel

Level 53
IGN:
GhostlyRebel

DATE:
9/29/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Adding a search bar for usernames to add people to your car and where it stays permanently, will explain more in the next section.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Adding a search for cars;
Recently, I have noticed that cars are very difficult to add people to as you constantly have to flip through pages just to find the person that you would like to add. I have also noticed that every time you or that person logs off, it un-adds them to the car, and when they would like to ride in the vehicle once again, you would need to flip through the pages once again to find them. This is a big issue as it takes a lot of time to even find the person and most likely the majority of the server can agree that it is an issue and needs to be fixed. For example, if you'd like to add, say, my username to a car, you would need to flip through a few pages to find it, but with the search option, you just simply click a button on the main menu for a car and type in "GhostRebel" and it will pull up the name. That would make it much more efficient at finding the people you'd like to add. The cars are not difficult to run either. It is just the menu that is a pain as it cuts down the time and the person you want to add has to stand there and wait for you to find them. This is just one of the few concerns I've noticed with the cars. Another thing adding this feature would help is if you had a time frame to get somewhere and having to flip through the pages would just take a lot of time. For example, if you had to get quickly to the shopping district and had to bring someone along, it would just reduce the time to get there due to having to flip through it.

Fixing the issue regarding removing whitelists;
Another thing I have noticed and not sure if anyone else has an issue with this but every time you log off or the person that uses the car logs off it immediately removes them from the whitelist which when they want to get into the car again you have to find the username again but this also adds to the first part of this suggestion. It would be less of an issue if the whitelists would be permanent for adding but also add a part where you can remove whitelists if you'd like or maybe also disable this option for the individuals that would like to do so, I am most likely not the only one that noticed if they do have this issue with cars. After using a car a few times noticed every time I log off so does my friend I have to re-add her to the car by scrolling through the pages once again for her just to get the menu.

Notes:
I am welcome to any other ideas for this suggestion and would like any feedback no matter negative, positive or neutral, and if this is already being added for cars that is fine, I do not mind who comments either, just would like everyones take on this.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1

Though, instead of a search, it can be like the /findname or /friend list command. When you type in the command and press tab, you can see a list of people. All you need to do is type in the first few letters of their name and it'll be there.

I can see where you come from with the whitelist thing though!

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
The issue with this is that even if we do want to add these features, it isn't as easy as changing some lines of code. I believe we would need to rewrite the entire plugin to even be able to make such large modifications like these, unfortunately

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
The issue with this is that even if we do want to add these features, it isn't as easy as changing some lines of code. I believe we would need to rewrite the entire plugin to even be able to make such large modifications like these, unfortunately
Ahhh I see

Perhaps this could be something on the Trello board for the future?

AJPhoenix

Level 5
+1

It's especially difficult when there's a lot of people on the server, and when ur character doesnt have very significant features it can take a long time to find someone, so I like the sound of the idea

Rebel

Level 53
You do have a point, but eventually it would be a good thing to possibly work on sometime in the future but it all depends if the developers would like to add this in the future and take the time to add this

Rebel

Level 53
+1

Though, instead of a search, it can be like the /findname or /friend list command. When you type in the command and press tab, you can see a list of people. All you need to do is type in the first few letters of their name and it'll be there.

I can see where you come from with the whitelist thing though!
This is also a good idea of what was mentioned, both ways could work

cho0ii

Level 171
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1/-1

As Yonio said it would most probably need to change the entire plug in. Changes like that are very hard to do, it's redoing many lines of code, testing all the coding and making sure everything is working properly. I think rather than adding search we could try adding a command for cars, e.g. /car add [username] which I think would be a lot easier than adding a menu I think this is suggesting

Rebel

Level 53
+1/-1

As Yonio said it would most probably need to change the entire plug in. Changes like that are very hard to do, it's redoing many lines of code, testing all the coding and making sure everything is working properly. I think rather than adding search we could try adding a command for cars, e.g. /car add [username] which I think would be a lot easier than adding a menu I think this is suggesting
This is also a good idea, but I feel anyways it would require rewriting the code possibly, I know it is possible to rewrite codes but the developers would have to be willing to add it

cho0ii

Level 171
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
This is also a good idea, but I feel anyways it would require rewriting the code possibly, I know it is possible to rewrite codes but the developers would have to be willing to add it
Yes everything that needs to change will involve coding, my point is by adding a command it would probably take less lines of code than adding a whole new menu meaning u would have to rework the entire code, adding a couple limes of code to make the command compatible with vehicles would be a lot easier

Hermit_Jack

Level 2
Hermit_Jack
Hermit_Jack
Omega+
+1

Any way at all to just make it easier without having to redo all the code would be amazing. Perhaps just adding an add command in chat with /qav or some other method as others have mentioned.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
That is only part of my suggestion, the other part is a search/command to look up names to add if you do not wish to remove the whitelist
The whitelist will be overridden automatically like it used to be, there won't be one.

Rebel

Level 53
The whitelist will be overridden automatically like it used to be, there won't be one.
but wouldn't that just make it where new players get into cars again? For some reason cars attract new players and when you place them they will try to get it in and take up the space for the car

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
We plan to remove the whitelist feature entirely, similar to how the plugin used to be before the developers change it. This is something we're still working on fixing as it's fairly complex to figure out

Users who are viewing this thread