ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
IGN: ProblematicFinn
DATE: July 17th, 2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I'd like to make the suggestion of adding two new animals to the animal whitelist. What are those two animals you may ask, they would be the Bee and Turtle and here's why they should be added:
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
We all remember that beautiful flash event during Spring I believe it was. The Bee Event. If you don't remember the event basically Alcidies, Banter, and someone else who I forget all transformed into bees and flew around spawn and that little area next to spawn with the stage and trees. They collected nectar as well as caused some misfit towards the citizens of Karakura, which sadly lead to death of the bees. As if was a cute event and all almost everyone was hoping that it would lead to the bee being added to the animal whitelist and that we would be able to see bees flying around Karakura again. The bee is an adorable mob in Minecraft that would make some roleplay experiences amazing. I know that with the plugin used for the animal whitelist the bee is there and has amazing features that I tested out on a test server some of these commands allow a bee to: Flip, Have Nectar On It, Sting, and more. With the bee being added to the whitelist would add more roleplay experiences and types and add a more nature feeling as you can't really have bees as pets and they would just be something that you can interact with and roleplay with. Now for why turtles should also be added to the whitelist, one word: Dolphins. If we have dolphins why can't we have turtles swimming at the beach? Once again on my test server I looked at some of the features that a turtle comes with and even though there are not many it's still an adorable animal, that would be great to see in SRP and be fun to roleplay with and interact with. Some others that I would have liked added include; Panda and Fox. They have a lot of fun features to them as well as being super adorable, but you wouldn't just walk around Japan seeing a fox or panda roaming around the city. Unless they think about adding the last two by just giving them a different texture that would be cool too.

Something to mention PLEASE change the /d parrot setVariant Red to this: upload_2021-7-17_17-58-50.png instead of this ugly thing: upload_2021-7-17_17-59-11.png please and thank you!

Bookish

Level 17
+1 / -1

I was sadly not here for the Bee Event, but it sounds cool and makes sense considering there is a literal Garden on the server.

Turtles seem hard to roleplay as, especially considering how big they are. Maybe it could be a pet turtle, or a baby turtle, instead of a full-grown turtle? I for one would not want to spend like 20 bucks USD just to swim around in the ocean.

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
I for one would not want to spend like 20 bucks USD just to swim around in the ocean.
But you are forgetting that there are already dolphins and fish that you can be with the animal whitelist, and they just swim in the ocean. So what would be wrong with having a turtle then?

pashy

Level 183
+1 / -1

I was sadly not here for the Bee Event, but it sounds cool and makes sense considering there is a literal Garden on the server.

Turtles seem hard to roleplay as, especially considering how big they are. Maybe it could be a pet turtle, or a baby turtle, instead of a full-grown turtle? I for one would not want to spend like 20 bucks USD just to swim around in the ocean.

The dolphins:

I actually agree with the turtles, but disagree with bees... And turtles do not have to be in the ocean they can walk outside

philbertman42

Level 136
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Why would you want to roleplay as a literal insect? It would be a waste of 15 dollars, because all you'd be able to do is "/me buzz buzz" or "/me flies from one flower to another flower." I see how it would be cool for a small flash event, but there's nothing you could do long-term roleplay wise as a bee. Turtles are cool though.

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
It would be a waste of 15 dollars, because all you'd be able to do is "/me buzz buzz" or "/me flies from one flower to another flower."
One. If you buy the animal whitelist you would still be able to choose from the other animals on the animal whitelist. And second, apparently you forgot about detailrping as well as you could say the same thing for all the other animals like a bird. /me chrips /me caws /me flies away. So that second reasoning makes no sense at all.

philbertman42

Level 136
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
apparently you forgot about detailrping as well as you could say the same thing for all the other animals like a bird.
Bees are much simpler creatures, and unlike dogs or birds they don't really have any capacity to care for / interact with humans any significant amount. I don't hold a PHD in beekeeping but I'm pretty sure bees care only about their own communities and not much else, and I don't see how detailing actions about bee mating or pollinating flowers would be interesting for the majority of the server.

If you buy the animal whitelist you would still be able to choose from the other animals on the animal whitelist.
Yes, but you only have the ability to choose once, as you cannot change the animal you're using without purchasing the whitelist again. If you chose a bee, there's no doubt in my mind you'd get bored and stop using it within a week, and will have wasted $15.

Turtles are still cool, though.

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
DENIED
-------------------------------
  • After reviewing this application with the staff team we decided to deny this.
  • We will look into the parrot model and try to fix the colors.

Users who are viewing this thread