Demurity

Level 35
GENERAL INFORMATION
What is your Minecraft username?:
demurity
Any previous warns/kicks/bans?:
- No bans
- The only kicks I believe I have are either AFK or role change
- I never was one to keep track, but I believe I have two warnings, one for not being in school and one for paying people for no reason in OOC back in late December of 2019. I don't recall the timing of the school warning however I believe the latest it could have been was in January. Since then I've learned from both and don't intend to do anything that should get me warned again for the rest of my existence on this server.
What is your timezone in GMT?:
My timezone is Eastern Daylight Time (EDT or EST), which is 4 hours earlier than Greenwich Mean Time.
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username)?:
Yes, I have a discord- my discord is Solophia#7477. I also have access to a microphone.
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
College Application (Accepted):
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/college-application.21786/
French Language Application (Accepted):
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/saturn-le-french-language-application.22337/
Chinese Language Application (Accepted):
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/saturn-a-le-chinese-language-application.23278/
Karakura Hospital April 2020 Internship Application (Accepted, however, sent through discord. If you wish to see the application I'll be happy to DM it.)

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I'm on forums every day, always looking out for new opportunities for my characters as well as seeing what else may be going on in the server with others. I don't post statuses often as I don't think I have anything important to the forums to say, and I only look for opportunities concerning college students as I do not wish to get a job on the server on this account and unfortunately do not have an alt yet.
On the server itself, however, I'm on every day for at least a few hours if I don't have any events happening in my personal life (Which, thanks to quarantine, I normally don't these days). I joined the server in October of 2019, however, my server activity's spiked tremendously in 2020, and in February was when I began participating on the server for at least an hour a day. Nowadays I'm always on, always looking for something to do concerning the server, and it's become my top leisure activity for the past while. If I'm not doing schoolwork I'm doing SchoolRP, essentially.​
TRIVIA QUESTIONS

~

What is the student council?:
A student council is a group of students all from the same school working together in a formal yet friendly environment to plan opportunities, events, and more for the school's student body. They help contribute to their school community by being in touch with the students, hearing their ideas, and pitching them forward to the school faculty to consider. The way that most student councils are elected is through a voting system done by peers, however, some consider this system to be rigged as students with larger friend groups and more advantages can often be chosen over others (Thankfully, this is not the case with the KHS / KC Student Council). The focus of a student council is ensuring that students have a positive and motivating environment and can look at the school as a positive place to be rather than simply put in the words of disgruntled students; boring or prison-like. From planning school dances such as the upcoming Masque to planning fundraisers to helping with clubs and sports teams, the school council has one shared goal: keeping the school community happy, healthy, and motivated.
Who or what brought you to apply for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc):
Honestly speaking, no one specifically recommended me to the student council nor did I ever meet with any councillors that further encouraged me to join. For about over a week now, I've been searching for a part of the Karakura College community to join, and while sports teams may be filled with fun communities, Minecraft melee sports aren't quite my cup of tea. As I mentioned before, I'm very active on forums and I knew about the school council since joining, however, I was unsure of it and doubted that my previous character and my first main character on the server would be good enough for it. After making a new, more personable, flawed, and less Mary Sue-like character on SchoolRP, I began making plans to apply for the student council. After waiting out a friend's opportunity which had been determined on Wednesday, I made plans to work on my application Thursday, only to see the announcement that student council applications had opened. I was excited and I knew it was more than just a coincidence considering my circumstances, and Thursday morning I jumped to working on this application immediately. The student council attracts me OOCly as I'm very much into planning, writing, and overall creativity. It's something I know I would genuinely enjoy and the idea of working with others towards planning exciting activities for a large community excites me.
What does the school council of Karakura do?:
As I sort of mentioned in the first trivia question, the school council is responsible for being the voice of the Karakura students, representing and speaking of issues to school faculty as well as planning fundraisers, activities, and events for the school. The school council works together with all its members to achieve a safe and fun environment for the students of Karakura, as well as keeping them occupied and interested in their community. They meet and discuss the issues in the school on about a weekly basis, and they're composed of responsible and hardworking students.
How would you describe your work ethic?:
Honestly speaking I'm the type of person that works on something pretty close to the deadline in terms of school work. When it comes to things where I have a motivation or an expectation for myself, I work hard. I've also been told I'm a perfectionist, so I suppose I try to submit things when they're in the best quality they can be. I know that my evidence of procrastination isn't helping my case, but I promise when I set myself expectations and deadlines I will work hard and when I have a reason to do so.
What interests you the most about the student council?:
Helping people out and being a part of a community of students from the high school and college that all have similar ICly and OOCly mindsets as me. I love this server and I've been longing to join a community that works together and considering my life interests and my character's personality, the student council seemed perfect. I've planned out events and business ideas in full before for fun in my free time and now that I'm a part of a group with goals and motivations towards helping SRP flourish for in character and out of character reasons, I'd love to put my odd, casual hobby to use.
Do you have past experience in roleplaying (if so, summarize your experience)?:
Admittedly, in terms of activity, I haven't been on this server as long as most others. I joined in 2017, however my activity only began to spike in October of 2019. Despite this, I'm very well informed of all the rules on the server and how it functions. Aside from this server, for a few years, I use to jump between creative plot servers, casually roleplaying, so I knew the ways to building good characters, the essential /rpname and /me commands and had roleplayed in a series of different types- from School, City, Fantasy, War, Lab, and Danganronpa. For a small amount of time, I roleplayed on a Harry Potter server which was my first introduction to serious roleplay. To summarize, I've been roleplaying for several years now, I enjoy it greatly, and this is by far my favorite server for all things roleplay.​
SCENARIOS
You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?:
If a member were to submit a terrible idea on the council, it would probably be classed as a bad idea by the flaws in it. So I'd start off by pointing out the issues with the idea, from if it's pointless/irrelevant, explained badly, impossible to execute, etcetera. I'd be respectful, giving constructive criticism, and not immediately shut down the idea which can discourage the member from participating as frequently in idea submissions in the future. If the member would continue to defend the idea or explain it in more detail, I'd continue to respectfully debate it until we come to an agreement- if the idea could be salvaged, or if we don't have enough on it and need to scrap it. If another member were to say anything that might make the member feel bad for their submission, I'd offer kindness in my response, pointing out something optimistic about it before reflecting on why we shouldn't use the idea.
You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?:
If everyone on the council hates an idea, it most likely means that it isn't going to work if you can't get one positive opinion. I wouldn't take offense on it and I'd ask if there would be anything we could do to work with the idea. If I were to still get a major refusal, I'd maturely handle my emotions and would allow the council to scrap the idea. It might feel bad to have given an idea that no one liked, but it's still a learning moment and the council is essentially a democracy, so I shouldn't be bitter towards those that dislike it nor try to change the decision. The feedback we receive from our ideas has nothing to do with us as people, as it's simply just putting options on the table and seeing if they'll work or not.
There is a split decision on an idea. The councillors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:
I would not join within the argument and would try to remain calm and collected myself, not participating in the fight. Once I myself would ensure my own maturity and collectivity in the situation, my first goal would be trying to calm the tension in the room. I'd remind people that it's simply an idea and not to attack the others, and would remain neutral, not seeming to show support to either sides. I'd work towards helping everyone in the argument to recollect themselves, before I'd help the group return to the discussion, trying to lay out the pros and cons of the idea as respectfully as possible, and addressing opinions without speaking over each other with a logical mindset. If there'd still be the same stances on the idea, I'd suggest settling it by a vote.
A councillor is stirring up problems and abusing their position on school grounds! What would you do?:
I'd first talk to the councillor privately, as I wouldn't want to embarrass them for a situation that could have been an understandable mistake or a personal issue on their part. I'd be kind in the way I'd speak to them and would present the problems with their actions to them and why they are a problem for their position on the council. If they seemed to have listened, I would let them be. If I saw them continuing to act like this, I'd warn them and privately raise concerns with higherups in the council so they'd be aware of the issue. If they still wouldn't stop, I'd once more tell the council president and allow them to decide on the situation, as well as inform the correct school faculty to aid with the problem.
The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?:
I would inform the council president of my disagreement politely, stating my reasons for disagreeing and issues with their statement. In this situation, as I'm in a lower position I shouldn't try to argue or start conflict over the statement. If the councillor were to still move on with what they said without taking it back or editing the statement, despite how I might personally feel, I'd accept it and move along, keeping my anger to myself.
There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councillors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?:
A lot of drama can't just be shoved under the table for some other people, so I'd try to help resolve it. Firstly I'd try and get input on the reasons for the drama from both people so I could have an understanding of the situation from both sides. I'd share this information with the different sides and do everything in my power to make them understand the perspective of the other person. I'd also remind them of what's important in this sort of situation from forgiving rather than always holding a grudge, and more.​

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS
Character Name:
Adelia Moreau
Character Gender:
Cisgender Female
Character Age:
Character phone-number:
323-101-390
Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality:
Adelia has a very high opinion of herself and is unhesitant to call others out if she disagrees with them. She isn't quite hot-headed but if she sees something that she dislikes, she'll do something about it. Her self-confidence can only be diminished by the words of others that she trusts, specifically her brothers and sister. She's a normally kind person, and when upset uses fashion and the fine arts as an outlet when she's upset. Despite her flirtatious appearance which has resulted in two different requests for romantic favors, Adelia hates the idea of romance and never looks to flirt with others. To summarize, she's reserved, arrogant at times, artsy, and proud.
Character appearance/attire:
Adelia likes to dress classy and very much likes pink. When she's not in her college uniform, you'll see her in her favorite pink jacket, white blouse, and checkered pink skirt. Occasionally, she'll jump on the trends she personally likes in terms of attire, but you'll most likely see her dressed femininely and elegantly. If not, she'll be in uniform or sportswear, only if she's doing a sport.
In terms of her appearance, she jumped on the Melanie-Martinez style trend of hair and dyed half of her short, shoulder reaching hair brown when she first got the chance. She has light blue eyes and very fair skin thanks to her French origin. She's very fond of eyeliner and lip gloss, and always seems to be wearing some when she leaves the house. Statistically, she has an ectomorphic build and is 5'5.
What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
I would say I have a few talents that give me an advantage over the other applicants. I love to write and create, so when it comes to planning out an event, I'll write for hours if need be to ensure that it's detailed enough to be implemented, and will work as hard as I need to on something if I must. I also like playing scenarios out in my head before suggesting anything and try to suggest things that are either realistically possible or can be done with enough hard work. I think I'm pretty good at giving out suggestions as well as giving others constructive criticism because of this. I also try to be kind to everyone unless given reason not to be and won't treat councillors different based on personal relations and won't bring drama into the council.
Why do you want this position?:
I want a position on the student council because I've always been into school events and party planning. I try to attend all school events I can and I believe it would be an honor to be a part of the student council, helping make these things happen. From helping with school dances to fundraisers, and raising issues with students ranging from mental health outlets to inconveniences seems so cool and I think that being in a group like this would not only strengthen my skills in a working environment but also continue to motivate me in my time at Karakura College. I know the council is looking for more recruits right now and I hope they find me the right person.
What interests you the most about student council?:
I've stated it before and I'll state it again- I'm a sucker for events. I love planning things out and overall the idea of working in a group to make a rational but wonderful and exciting event to raise money and get interest from the student body really appeals to me. I love meeting new people and I know that everyone there will have similar interests to mine, which opens up what could be a strong bond between everyone on the council.
What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
Firstly, I'd try to be kind and positive to everybody in the school from students to employees to professors and teachers. This would be my way of personally trying to make everyone feel happy in the school community. I'd also raise issues from students that I'd see being played out and would be unhesitant to alert staff of conflict between students that could end with students being harmed. I'm always on the lookout for mental health issues students may be dealing with and how the school environment might be affecting them.

hebwig

Level 111
ACCEPTED

- Congratulations! You're now apart of the school council.
- Please DM 23r3#9031 on Discord for more information in preparing your role.​

Users who are viewing this thread