players online

Adorly's Highschool Council Application

trishhpham

Level 9

GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:
adorly

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
I have had two warnings in the past I believe. One for selling a glitched item on auction house, and for minging during an ic situation. I have only been banned once when I first joined the server as I glitched through the front gate. All of which I have learned from as they were months ago.

What is your timezone?:
My current timezone is EST.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:
adorly#7022

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):

Skye’s Vietnamese Language Application [Denied]

Skye’s Vietnamese Language Application V2 [Accepted]

Skye Taylor’s College Application [Accepted]

Skye Taylor’s Spanish Application [Accepted]

Arielle V. Celestyn French Lang. Application [Accepted]

Arielle V. Hirayama Korean Application [Accepted]

Lien Michel’s Fine Arts Teacher Application [Accepted]

Describe your activity on the server?:
My activity on the server could simply be described as “addiction”. I had to steer away from SRP for a while to focus on my education. Now that we’re in the second quarter of the school year I have more time and have started to play again! I now play for hours everyday and when I’m not I’m always checking the forums for new biographies and such.

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Yes, I am aware of this rule and completely agree to these terms as it is important to have an active council.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council?:
The student council is a group of students who take on many responsibilities and are to act like leaders, in and out of school, setting an example for other students. They watch over students, making sure everyone is doing what they’re supposed to be doing. Adding on to the many things they already do, the student council plans events for their classmates as well. Overall the student council is a high position and shall be treated as such, with utmost maturity and responsibility.

Who or what brought you to apply for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc):
As I’ve recently left the college swim team on my past character (Arielle D. Hirayama) and have had my rank changed back down to highschool, I’ve been meaning to find myself a new role to play and have been recommended to the highschool council by a few friends of mine. I also am a part of the student council in real life and have some background information and experience from the past few years that I have been on it.

What does the school council of Karakura do?:
As far as I’ve seen, the student council of Karakura on campus surveys students, making sure everything is orderly and sound. They are often supposed to be supervising classes and giving out warnings and detentions to those who misbehave. The council is also supposed to come up with events for the students to enjoy such as dances, fairs, etc. just small events for their classmates to enjoy and to keep the player base interested.

How would you describe your work ethic?:
I’m dedicated to working with my team to discover and implement the most effective approach. With the student council that I’m on in real life, we needed to figure out a way to raise a certain amount of money for the month of February but wanted an original idea. I shared the issue with my classmates and had everyone brainstorm ideas for a follow-up meeting a week later. One of the council members had a great idea that we are now using for the week of Valentine’s day. Overall, working together with a team is my best asset along with my enthusiastic and positive approach with completing tasks.

What interests you the most about the student council?:
I would say the chance at playing a new and interesting role that I have not played previously, in SRP that is. I’ve had tons of fun on the council that is at my school and want to enjoy that in my RP experience. If you choose to accept me I plan on playing with utmost seriousness and play my character according to the role. I also enjoy planning events for Karakura students, the sports banquet a while back was done by me and a close friend of mine. Though it may not have been as successful as I had hoped it definitely taught me how things were done and gave me some experience in this field.

Do you have past experience in roleplaying (if so, summarize your experience)?:
Before SRP I’ve roleplayed on apps such as Pinterest and wattpad as a child. I like to create characters and such that are all wildy unique to their own and all of which are different. To this day I still play some of my characters that I’ve created since I was a child. I do try my best to stick to my character’s original trope and to roleplay as seriously as I can. I’ve also roleplayed as a teacher and was a part of the college swim team which both helped tremendously with my detail rp throughout the years.

SCENARIOS

You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?:
I believe constructive criticism is the best way to improve not only another member but to improve the council as a whole. I would be honest with them and try to help them on things that they can improve for the future. Not everyone is going to like a person’s idea and that’s alright, as long as you give them helpful information instead of bringing them down.

In a situation where you propose an idea, and everyone else dislikes it. How would you go about this?:
Being able to take constructive criticism is just as equally important as giving it. I actually enjoy constructive criticism and take every bit of advice I get into consideration. I do put my heart and soul into my ideas that I come up with so for it to be criticized hurts at the moment yes, but it pushes me to improve on ideas for future references.

There is a split decision on an idea. The councilors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:
To think of myself in this situation I’d highly doubt I’d be the one in the argument but a balanced middleman, seeing both sides of the argument. I’d ask what the issue is, and figure out how to fix it from there. It is important to remember it shouldn’t be a member going against another, but against the issue at hand.

A councilor is stirring up problems and bullying students on school grounds! What would you do?:
This behavior is not tolerated and is completely unacceptable as a member of the student council as it ruins the image. I’d report it to the designated council president immediately with sufficient proof and figure out from there how to deal with the situation.

The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?:
When in disagreement I like to bring up my point of view as calmly as possible as to why I do disagree and make it more of a discussion rather than an argument. I’m not really one to argue anymore as it seems pointless rather than trying to solve the issue.

There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councilors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?:
Simple tension between two councilors would not be surprising, however, if it affects their work ethic along with others then that’s where I would intervene. I’d simply just try and get them to talk to each other about the situation and help try to resolve the issue but if both aren’t cooperative and trying to fix the issue themselves it seems as if it’s a lost cause which most likely won’t happen.

There’s a school faculty member abusing their power on school grounds! What do you do?:
I’d get sufficient proof to report to a higher staff member and leave it to them as I do not have the power to do anything, I’m just simply reporting the issue. I wish to never see this situation however.

Your friend has been given detention and has asked you to get them out of trouble. What do you do?:
I’d apologize for not being able to lend a helping hand during this situation as I’m not to be involved. I would choose not to help my friends in an ic situation if they were to be in trouble as it is a part of roleplay and to be carried out the same way.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:
Emiko Kodama

Character Gender:
Female

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
+81 774-758-520

Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality:
Emiko Kodama’s personality is what would be described as a “heart of gold”. Being raised by a wonderful mother, Emiko has always been happy and enlightens it upon others. She takes the time out of her day to talk to other students and just to get to know everyone. Her favorite thing to do is to go around handing out apples and school schedules with her friend Viktor Popovich or asking people random questions on campus such as “what is your favorite color and why?”. You’ll most likely find her under a tree and playing games on her phone as a pastime.

Character appearance/attire:
Emiko would stand at 5’4 with a slim, petite figure. She’d have albino white hair and thunderstorm blue like eyes. The smell of Chanel perfume would linger as you pass by her.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
I believe that everyone has something unique to bring to the council and shouldn’t be compared to each other! However, I will say that I have a driven goal to help those in need on and off campus. I also have a knack for creating events and keeping students interested and involved with their community! Overall my want to help students and overabundance of creativity is what may set me apart from other applicants.

Why do you want this position?:
As a student I’ve always admired the student council. How they kept things in order, hosted dances, and cared for students is what inspired me to apply myself! They always look for new ideas and ways to improve the lives of each and every student, always able to lend an ear when needed.

What interests you the most about student council?:
I’d have to say how much they care for the students on and off campus is what really sticks out to me. I’ve seen from afar how much they truly do care about the students and want what is best for them without having to be so strict unless needed.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
I’ve always been quite a mediator my whole life, making sure that everyone is settled and at peace before myself. If you choose to accept me, I assure you that I will try my hardest to ensure the safety and care for the students as if they were like family to me. I also want to make sure I am to be involved with the students as much as possible, whether that be outside of school activities or even just talking with them on campus. The students would become my top priority.

Users who are viewing this thread