Naishoten
Omega
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information

IGN:

Ahma_Kon

DISCORD TAG:
Raesins#3141

PREVIOUS BANS:
None. I have had a couple of warnings, but who hasn't ya know!

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
Yes I do. I can be quite conversational.

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:
Shrine Maiden

DISCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
Very active. I play most days of the week unless I'm feeling mentally drained or am busy with life. My play time is usually from 8pm - 1am CST. Sometimes I'm available during the day do to either not working or earlier shift. Either way evenings I'm usually on.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGON?
Shinto is polytheistic meaning it believes in a multitude of gods or in this case Kami is the word designated for the representation of gods. These Kami are entities that inhabit everything (usually nature related), do to this Shinto is considered animistic. Shrines are the places of worship in Shinto, these locations are managed by shrine Priests and Maidens or Miko. These staff will do many things for the shrine, some of these things include but are not limited to cleaning and managing shrine grounds, oversee offerings to the Kami, and ensure that the relationship with the Kami and the worshipper is satisfactory.

This is my general understanding that I have from research that I did when I first joined this server. I do wish to learn more and have done some more research before writing this. However I have mostly left it to what I remember as this question is what you already know, not what you looked up on Google lol!

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
Well I am a dedicated player to learning and teaching just about anything on the server and in real life. I have a calm and collected demeanor that will keep me cool during annoying and intense situations, I know when to step away as to avoid causing conflict till I can cool myself off if something gets to be too much.

This community means so much to me and I wish to learn more from it and experience new roleplay that will further develop me as a writer and a person. I have a great deal of experience in helping people and I feel like being a shrine maiden would require helping a lot of people understand Shinto and it's intricacies. I know when to provide detail when a person can and wants to handle lots of into though I also know when something needs to be simplified for a person to better understand it.

I have worked hard to develop my mental health and feel like I could implement some of what I have learned into this role to help those seeking guidance in life. I am a very spiritual person and believe that all spiritual things are bound in truth.

I have worked in retail for 7 years of my life and made my way up the chain to be a higher up manager in many different positions and have learned a lot about people and how to help them develop as a person. I feel like this experience will help me better provide growth opportunities to those that seek to learn more, I for one also am always looking to grow as a person and am extremely receptive to constructive input with the intention of helping!

As I said earlier I am newer to Shinto but I am planning to do much much more research after this taking a deep dive into the inner workings of Shinto. I love learning and working with others to learn in a collaborative way really helps me get things to stick in my mind.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:

Ahma Kon Ukiyo

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I am applying to work at the shrine to better grow my knowledge of my faith. I would love for the chance to learn and teach those around me about the wonders that lay in store for them if they open their hearts and minds to the Kami. I have opened myself up to the Kami and have found great love and growth as a person. This world can be a dark place, but if you are willing to put your heart into the right place and dedicate yourself to something you seek, I believe you will always make it there and to a brighter future.

My love for the Kami and my faith is unending and by me getting this job I will be allowed to reach greater heights!

TELL ME WHAT HISTOY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONSATERY:
Shinsei Seinaru Monastery had it's construction start in June of 744, the construction finished in the late months in winter of 762. The sight was originally serving the Buddhist faith. This was because of the reigning emperor, Emperor Genmei had planned for the monastery.

Shinsei Seinaru Monastery was built way before civilization was set down in the area; it was believed to be a more spiritual place do to this isolation in nature on Mt. Daichi with it's heights brining it closer to heaven. This shrine was a place for many gods to visit though the shrine grounds did belong to one god in specific; Yama-No-Kami. When civilization did come around to the monastery it still remained a popular site to visit for pilgrims and acolytes. As further civilization developed and more of the nature surrounded the monastery became plowed down.

In early 2004 Shinsei Seinaru Monastery was set ablaze by one of its final priests, it was his belief that the citizens of Karakura had indulged their lifestyles of impurity to much. This fire caused the monastery to no longer be a place for gods to visit nor a home for the Yama-No-Kami. Do to the flee of the other gods from the lone standing building of the monastery the Yama-No-Kami became lonely and angry and thus would wreak havoc over Karakura.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
character biography, 150 words minimum

Born on 12/12/2000 I was an only child born in Hokkaido prefecture in the city of Sapporo. My parents were hard working and always believed that if you just put your all into something you would always make it to where you wanted in life. My parents instilled in my the beliefs of Shinto for all of my life and strongly believe that I would be Shinto even if my parents weren't. My mother for a short stint of time was a shrine maiden in her early years of her life, this is part of the reason that I have pushed myself towards this goal. My mom learned a lot from her experience as a maiden and passed a lot of that info on me when I expressed interest in being a maiden. Unfortunately the shrines near me had no availability for a new maiden and thus I have been forced to search elsewhere, this is why I have moved to Karakura as my next option in life.

I have a calm and loving nature as said by my friends and family. I am always pushing myself to better myself and help those around me grow and learn just as I am always working to do myself, learning to have patience in these situations was a struggle for me and sometimes still can be. I do believe I have grown a great deal of patience since I have started dedicating myself to learning the ways of a maiden.

I am not always about work, having a good work life balance is important, while dedication is a huge part of who I am, I know when to take a break for fear of burning out.

I love working with plants and cooking, I make a really delicious stir fry that I learned from my father. My curry recipe still needs work though according to my dad, he says it is not spicy enough . . . I just have a weak tongue I guess haha. Anyway before I start rambling I will stop here.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Dear Monestary Lead,

I hope you are doing well as you read this. I have worked very hard and dedicated myself to learn the ways of a maiden, I would love the opportunity to take on this role at your very monastery. I feel that I am ready to take my next steps into the life that of a maiden. In my current home town I visit my local monestary on a near daily basis to better myself in the eyes of all around me. I plan to spread my knowledge to those that visit Shinsei Seinaru Monestary and assist them with all their needs. I know I have much to learn being so young, but I feel like I would be a valuable member of your staff providing a young and new outlook on the world. I appreciate you for reading through my letter and considering me.

Sincerely,
Ahma Kon

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?

Before entering the shrine grounds you would purify yourself at the spring that is located at the entrance of the shrine. Once that is done you will work your way further into the grounds of the shrine.
You will come to a gate called the Torii, before passing under this you should bow to pay your respects. Be sure to not enter through the middle of the Torii as it is seen as a passageway for the gods.

How are rituals to a Kami preformed?
Pull the rope that is attached to the bell above you to signify to the gods that you are there and wishing to make an offering.
Place your offering into the offering box (100 yen) Bow twice deeply, clap your hands twice holding them together on the second one praying. They do not need to be spoken words. Once finished now deeply once more.

You now have just performed a ritual to a Kami. Great job!

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
A maiden does many things, listed next will be some of the tasks they do. They do things such as running the gift shop, participate in rituals, answer questions, help at festivals, and cleaning / maintaining the grounds, these are just some of the jobs they do.
A priest does Many things as well, listed next will be some of the tasks they do. They do things such as maintaining shrine grounds, leading worship of the Kami, ensure a satisfactory relationship between Kami and worshipper among other things as well.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
The newborn boy should be 31 months of age were as a girl should be 33 months of age. The priest or maiden will wish the child good health and happiness throughout their life. Miyamairi rite is were the priest or maiden state the names of the baby and the babies parents as well as other family members, the babies address and date of birth within a prayer. Then the family will walk up to the alter in a single file line Boeing and offering tamagotchis as a gift.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:
Well I firstly would explain that Shintoism main belief is that of Kami which are spiritual beings and powers that can be anything from mountains to simple animals. Shinto is polytheistic which means they believe in many gods not just one, that means there are many to choose from to meet an individuals beliefs. I would then teach them how to properly respect a Kami. The practices of Shinto are to develop a pure soul through it's rituals.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?
I would choose the Yami-No-Kami do to the strength that it has shown throughout it's history.

Last edited:

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the Monastery! If you haven't already, go ahead and join the discord.

- Once in the discord, ping the monastery lead for your roles in the #help channel
- Next time you are online, you can ask in /help for the Maiden role (make sure to include your age) ; if no staff are able to assist fill out a form here for staff to get back to you

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread