alaurably

Level 7
alaurably
alaurably
Fundraiser+
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
pinkywaz (Eden’s alt account - NOT reapplying)

Discord Name & Tag:
alaurably#6193

Previous bans:
N/A

Describe your activity on the server:
On weekdays, usually around 3-4 hours a day.
On weekends/holidays I can manage around 6 hours a day.

Which timezone are you in?
BST / GMT

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
Internship Application Accepted
French Application Accepted (3rd try)
German Application Accepted (2nd try)
Italian Application Accepted
Spanish Application Accepted (2nd try)

What is your motivation for applying?:
In the four years that I’ve been playing SchoolRP, I’ve always thought it would be a fun challenge to work for the KPD, and my week as an intern proved to me that I was right and that I would thoroughly enjoy the job. I also really love being on SRP but there’s not a lot to keep me active, apart from my role on the Basketball team. I also used to GangRP a couple years ago so I know how hard it can be for officers on SRP so it would be great to help out.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I have quite a lot of knowledge of the KPD as I did the internship and have multiple friends who were/are on the force.

POLICE CADET:
This is the role you get when you first join the KPD, the role you have whilst training. They’re usually sat at the front desk to assist the public, helping with smaller tasks. Cadets cannot patrol by themselves.

PATROL OFFICER:
Once you pass your exam, you’ll become an officer! Patrol officers, as the title says, patrol the city and make sure there’s no illegal activity going on. They can do pat-downs and arrest if necessary.

POLICE CORPORAL:
Corporals can supervise training and answer dispatch calls. They can still help around the city.

DETECTIVE CONSTABLE:
Detective constables are training to become detective inspectors. They will start to interrogate.

DETECTIVE INSPECTOR:
You get this after passing another exam. You can now interrogate.

POLICE SERGEANT:
In this role, you set an example and supervise those below you.

DETECTIVE CHIEF INSPECTOR:
You’re now classed as a higher-up and need to supervise and set a good example for those in the ranks below you.

POLICE LIEUTENANT:
Police lieutenants are in charge of introducing the cadets and their exams. They also deal with the more dangerous tasks in the force.

COMMISSIONER:
The highest rank in the KPD. They are basically in charge of the whole force and have a say in things such as promotions.

For the basics, those working under the KPD work with things such as:

PATROLLING:
Once you’re a Patrol Officer, you’re allowed to walk the streets of Karakura and make sure there’s nothing sketchy going on. If they see anything illegal, they are allowed to arrest or fine on-site and bring them back to the KPD.

TRAINING:
No matter what rank you are, you are expected to attend training sessions. These can be either to work on your physical structure or training on information such as how to handle different situations.

RAIDS:
If needed, Police can raid buildings, houses and apartments. They are free to do searches and arrest those on site. Police raids are done in riot gear to protect them from the dangers they’re likely to face.

CCTV:
Police have access to the footage from the CCTV cameras hidden around Karakura if something has been reported around that area.

EQUIPMENT:
The specific equipment you can legally own in the KPD depends on your rank but at some point in your career, you’ll be able to own:

Radio (2 channels - one for KPD only & one with EMS)
Taser (Used if someone needs to be forced to stop)
Luminol spray (Used for finding blood on weapons)
Baton (Used ONLY against inmates if needed)
Breathalyzer (Used to check how drunk a person is)
First aid kit (Adds 5 OOC minutes to bleed out timer)
Body camera (Records if turned on - used on patrol)
Glock (Only legal for higher-ups, 8 bullets - 16 if in riot gear. Normally used on legs, only used against the head in hostage situations or close combat)

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
The Police force is important to SchoolRP as it brings that reality into the server - there are consequences to your actions. It brings the excitement of GangRP / CriminalRP and there’s the right people to contrast that behaviour, making it enjoyable to those involved but also drawing the line with those not and who don’t want to be involved. In general, it just keeps everyone and everything in place.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Of course, I do. I hope that, if I’m accepted, I’ll be able to follow all the rules and perform well enough that this doesn’t happen.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I do acknowledge this and am prepared for the challenges of the role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I do and I hope that I can attend most training sessions that occur whilst I’m online.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Lim Miyoung

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:

Female - she/her

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Miyoung got her Masters but didn’t stay for her PhD.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Fluent in Korean & English

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Lim Miyoung looked rather young for the policewoman title yet the signature stern glance from her mono-lid eyes paired with her intimidating demeanour that she is well fit for the job. Her mid-length brown hair is always well-shaped around her surprisingly tanned face. Her tone outlined the few freckles on the bridge of her nose. She has a small set of tattoos running down from her left shoulder to the bottom of the bicep. Miyoung clearly worked out as she had a well-toned figure.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Miyoung is not one for banter, that shows in both her work life and personal life.
In a professional setting, she is more focused on work than making unnecessary conversation with those around her.
In a casual setting, she’s down for small talk, but not into the deep stuff - keeping herself, to herself.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Although she appears as a cold individual, she’s not against working as a team - especially if the end game is worth it which in the police force, it is. She also likes the idea of working with others as it can build trust within the force.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
She sees herself as both. It really depends on the setting she’s in. If she needs to follow orders and participate, then she will - but if she needs to take control of a situation or team, then she will easily be able to.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Lim Miyoung was born and raised in the Gangseo district in Seoul, a rather rough area in South Korea. She grew up with her parents and her three elder brothers. She had quite a rough childhood due to the fact that she was surrounded by the crime that was constantly occurring in the neighbourhoods around her. She tried her best to stay in the safety of her home, so she never really had time to make any friends outside of her household. At nineteen years old, she lost the person closest to her - her father - to gang violence. She was determined to avenge her best friend and try and prevent the illegal activity in her home town. She began to do her research into the Korean police force and how to join up. However, she didn't meet the qualifications necessary and it was extremely difficult for a woman to join the workforce. But Miyoung was still determined, and even more interested than before so she decided to look into Japan's Police force requirements. She eventually found the department she wanted to work under: The Karakura Police Department. She was quick to pack her bags and hop on a one-way flight to Japan,, hoping to achieve her dreams.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
You cannot possess a pocket knife in Karakura. If you are found with one, it will be taken off of you and you will be arrested for possession of minor illegal weaponry.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Birth control, Cough syrup, Paracetamol, bandage and cane.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
If not on already, I would turn on my body cam and try to capture the situation. I would then tell my co-worker to stop immediately - if this doesn’t work, I would then step in myself and pull them away. I would then send the footage to a higher-up after making sure the inmate was in good condition.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
I would immediately switch on my body cam, or rely on CCTV if there was any around. I’d then call for backup on my radio and step in to help my co-worker. I would then detain whoever attacked them, putting them in handcuffs and arresting them for assault. I would then check if my co-worker was okay.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organisations?

I collect information and proof of the treachery, showing the evidence to a higher-up as soon as possible.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I would deny whatever I was being offered before giving them a fine for bribery, warning them not to do it again with any officer.​

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the Karakura Police Department! Please make sure to have
a look at the Emergency Discord server for further information.​

Users who are viewing this thread