Alistarstruck
Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
alistarstruck
Do you have a microphone?:
Yes!
What is your time zone?:
EST
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand! I will do my best to ensure this doesn't happen, as I rarely ever spend a day without logging onto the server!
Describe your activity on the server:
I'm usually on daily and for over three hours at a time! Rarely will you see me offline unless I'm sleeping, at work, or (on very rare occasions) going out somewhere. In the past 5-6 months, I have given myself over two weeks of playtime. I have invested a lot of my time into this server and plan to do so even more in the future!
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
First Language Application - ⓧ
First Language Application (Part 2) - ☑
Second Language Application - ☑
Third Langauge Application -
Third Language Application Authorization -
What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
I have two animal whitelists for a bear (although I replaced this role with Tsukaimon, who is currently in 12th grade, though I havent played as him due to his lore) and a kitten! Other than that, I have a character that is in 10th grade, 11th grade, and then 12th grade. I'm hoping to have my 12th grader character Uzimaki Oshiro Arya get into college with the upcoming exams!

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
I am hoping to teach Traditional Art specifically, meaning focusing on the basics such as how to draw anatomy or certain still-life creations. My class would include different techniques to accurately portray the human body, and then how to incorporate it into one's style! It would move from topicslike this, to talk of scenery and teachings of art history in general! I would also cover topics such as the use of positive and negative space in a drawing, the rule or thirds and even color themes!
What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Growing up in my hometown, I have wanted to become a teacher since I was younger. However, due to the current conditions in which teachers are being underpaid and overworked in my current area, I have found that my studies are to be better focused elsewhere. This server gives me a chance to do what I cannot do in real life! I've always loved art, having taken three art classes in my late high school years and enjoying the many different styles it can offer and even drawing since my younger years of age. Even to this day, Art is still one of my primary focuses in my studies through my college years and even in my free-time! I hope to satisfy my previous dreams and career choices, despite it being in a Minecraft server. I would love nothing more than to be able to play a character that can help teach the young in a supportive, kind, and entertaining way to show the true joys expressing through a drawing can bring! I've also loved learning about the different periods in art, from learning about my favourite painting "The Nightmare" to Monet! I hope to inspire off the art teacher that helped me become who I am today.
Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
Yes! I am perfectly okay with this as I am sure I have a lot to learn, and I am willing to climb up the ranks if needed! The money this position may bring is not the reason I decided to apply, so it is not the biggest issue for me that getting less money than others with more play and experience might occur, as it's a very fair and accurate way to do things!
If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I may need help understanding how to use certain commands and how to use certain items like the radio or the intercom; however, teaching the classes and grading assignments will not be an issue for me! I have done teacher roles in past roleplays, just not on a minecraft server!
What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The class logs are managed by the SLT (Senior Leadership Team) and used to keep track of how many classes the teachers have hosted. These logs also include information on how long the classes lasted, how many students attended, and even the star reviews the students leave for the teacher! These logs are a good way for the SLT to keep track of how much to pay the teachers at the end of the month, as well as keeping track of the general attendance of students and teachers alike.
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. No Cellphones - This rule is to ensure that the teacher and students can have a good time and learn from the lectures or instructions given with no interruptions. If a student needs a reference picture, Tsukai will print it out for them just fine!
2. No talking during lectures without raising one's hand - The teacher, expects respect from the students and will give respect in return. Due to this, no talking should be occurring that could potentially interrupt the learning experience!
3. No Violence - This is meant to be a fun classroom, and while not everyone is expected to get along, tolerance is to be expected within the school walls to ensure that everyone has a fun time!
4. No illegal activity - There is to be no illegal activity in this classroom; this includes drinking, smoking, carrying illegal items, etc.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been roleplaying for as long as I can remember! When I was younger, my friends and brother would play games where we were different characters acting out different scenarios; which is a given for most young children. However, as I grew older I began to continue this fun activity through discord with friends! We would have entire storylines carried out with different chapters and new characters to play! I spent lots of time making new characters for fun, and it often inspired my writing as I got older! We would also develop the roleplays from less simple roleplays to complex characters with different personalities and backstories that would soon make interacting with them even more exciting! I have been in discord servers based on roleplay where certain things such as teaching or mentoring were a big role, and often times I would end up becoming a major part of this section of those roleplays! When I first found out there was a School Roleplay Server, I jumped on the opportunity to join and fell in love with it on my first day! I have been playing this server for almost 6 months now!
In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:

Head of Department
↳ Description:
The Heads of Departments are the highest ranks in the faction. This group of teachers has much knowledge and experience in their roles and jobs as a whole, having been a part of the faction for longer amounts of time than most. These individuals each have their department to look over based on the subjects they teach, and act as role models for most other ranks. The Heads of Departments are considered to be responsible for the most, along with assisting the less experienced teachers who may need help understanding subjects such as how to use certain commands or even training them in general!

- QT
↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
The Qualified Teachers are part of the faction that has shown perseverance through their training and gained experience throughout their time! They have completed many classes and proved themselves to be deserving of the rank given.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
This group of individuals in the faction do not have as much experience as the group above; however, they have proven themselves by finishing their training! They will need approval from a higher-up (HD) to open a lesson, however, this is their chance to earn experience and try hosting lessons themselves before being sent off on their own!

- UT
↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
These teachers are technically trainees in that they need to be supervised and shown how to work the ropes of the classroom! The HD will be the one to host classes for them and train the teacher on how classes work, along with ensuring they can properly manage, host, and teach classes through lesson plans and lectures!

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

From what I have observed in my time playing, I understand that the payroll system for teachers varies. Less experienced teachers may earn less than the ones that have had more experience, but no less than 350,000 per month. I understand that more experienced teachers can earn a minimum of 400,000, and then 50,000 more to reach their quota! I also do understand that professors may get paid more than teachers, which is understandable. It is also not suggested for teachers to spam classes either. I've also done my research to find that new teachers must get a proper introduction from their HD before they can begin their proper teachings and training! In their time outside of this, I have seen that teachers patrol the school in order to ensure rules are not being broken, along with going to the teacher's lounge to either take a break or work on grading assignments when needed! Of course, they still do have lives behind their jobs; I know of teachers who have families at home!

As for the general style of teaching, I have seen this vary throughout the teachers and class-subjects. For example, I've seen english teachers who decide to use games such as Would You Rather, or debates to discuss certain topics, while others use the time for writing and class assignments such as creating characters! I have seen different types of Art Teachers too, from Traditional Style Art Teachers to Draphic Design!
Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
What would a school be without the teachers to educate the students? Teachers are just as important as their fellow students in school, because they are the outlet that allows kids to learn subjects and keep them entertained until the school day ends! Without them, there would just be a bunch of kids in one place with only the chancellors, counselors, and caretakers to keep order. The entire point of school is to learn, and the entire point of being a teacher is to provide just that!
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The Kurakura School runs on MoScOw, which is an abbreviation for "Must Have, Should Have, Could Have, Won't Have".

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?

Appearance:
1703606401145.png
Tsukai has green eyes, pale skin that never seems to tan, just burns, and coal-black curly hair. Along with this, he has a noticeable scar along his neck from past a past incident that caused third-degree burns. He is usually seen in a plain white shirt with a pair of jeans and a jacket of some kind. He holds himself in a very professional light; meaning his shirts are always tucked in and his jacket is always put away when he teaches lessons. His hair usually looks as if it was attempted to be brushed and sprayed, but given up on due to it's stubbornness. The 5'10 tall man would look on with a warm smile and a very formal posture.
[Currently, I have a tailor making him a formal SRP-shaded skin via the game. For now, I am using a simple placeholder skin!]

Tsukaimon 'Tsukai' Ichiyama is a very professional man. He loves to have a good time by offering unique ways to learn in the classroom, but he is sure to keep up a formal appearance and stick to the curriculum. He often speaks with a large vocabulary and does his best to keep a professional relationship between his peers and students; however, he is not afraid to offer help or suggestions and treat everyone with the same respect he expects to receive! He is a very headset man, with his unique set of morals and philosophies that he follows. While he does have his issues, he keeps them out of the workplace and does his best to maintain his appearance in front of the public! Mr. Ichiyama very much loves his job and the kids he teaches with unbelievable patience even in the harshest of scenarios.
What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
He views himself and his job as a person who is to help guide future generations into a life of education and a better future. He very much understands the harsh realities of a high-crime place like Karakura, and does his best to ensure that his students can have a better future. He believes that with the right care and in trying his best, the students before him can have aspiring futures and better lives. He wants every one of them to succeed in life. As for his fellow peers and higher-ups, he views them as workplace friends and people he can offer a small talk conversation to on occasion. While he keeps his distance from them in his personal life, he tries his best to remain friendly and professional while in school.
What are their plans for the future?
The 42-year-old man simply wants to continue his career before retiring on a beach somewhere. He doesn't know where, just a beach in a faraway place. He used to be in a relationship and is unsure if he wants to date again in the future, or really have a family. Maybe one day he'll try and tackle his Friday-night alcohol problem while he's at it. For now, his future seems to be pretty set on continuing to teach the younger generations and offering a helping hand when needed!

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
"I would first observe the group of young students, acquiring the knowledge needed to understand the situation. I would then first attempt to calm down the group and offer a warning of detention if they do not try to cooperate with me. Then, I would figure out what happened, and who the culprits are, and give first and second warnings. If they do not listen, I will offer a warning to hang out detention slops if needed to all who were involved in the dispute. If they still do not listen, I would simply hand out slips and contact SLT if the situation worsens, separating the group and letting them know I do not want to see them together again."
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
"I consider myself a very patient person; however, I am not afraid to give punishments when they are deserved. If the class is not listening to me due to a dispute, I would give detention slips to the two students disputing after two warnings. If the class is simply just being loud and rowdy, I will try to compromise by offering a reward to those who can listen. Whether that is reward tokens or choose part of the lesson for the class! If they are still not listening, I would unfortunately have to resort to warnings and even kicking students out of the class when needed."
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Tsukaimon Ichiyama is the type of man to spend his time in the teacher's lounge doing something. Whether that is eating lunch, talking to a fellow employee, or working on grading assignments to have more free time at home, he keeps himself busy in the best ways possible. He is not the type to slack off at work too much though, even when he is given the time to. He believes that while he is on the clock, he should be doing something productive with his time.
Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
would turn to the wall behind him, holding a white stick of chalk up with his back to the students. As the man wrote, the chalk would slightly squeak in response to the man's quick yet neat hand flying across the green old-school surface. He would stand tall as he turned to the students, giving a slight bow in greeting to them before smiling. Moving aside, the board would show four simple rules, along with the art lesson of the day as well.
/me would go into the closet, rummaging sounds being able to be heard as the man looked for the specific assignment to give for the day. He came out of the closet barely a minute later barely managing to carry a stack of journals over to his desk, dropping them with a loud BOOM as he turned to the students with a huff of relief and a smile, holding up one of the simple white and blue journals. "Who here needs a journal to draw in?"
/me would shut the door behind the last student and let out a sigh of relief, walking over to the desks and reorganizing anything the students might have left behind-- that being papers, extra assignments, or even random notes he hadn't seen being passed in class. Then, he would grab the assignments he needed to grade and head into the closet, grabbing his phone and coat after putting the items neatly in the chest. This excluded the ungraded assignments, of course.
/me had been slightly focused on grading assignments-- but he noticed the student raising their hand out of the corner of his eye and set the current assignment down along with his pen, smiling warmly to the student and nodding, inviting them to ask their question. As they asked, he began to move the paintings that needed to dry onto the classroom dry rack, listening carefully before meeting eye contact once again to offer advice on their struggle in their artwork. "I would suggest looking at your reference in a new perspective! Instead of trying to simply copy it down line for line, try adding your own spin and style and use it more as an idea instead! This way, your allowing that wonderful mind of yours do what it does best; create!"

Backstory
Tsukaimon 'Tsukai' Ichiyama did not have a very warm childhood. After his biological parents dropped him at the doorsteps of an orphanage in Japan when he was two years old, he was left to choose a surname for himself and traverse through the temporary homes as he grew older. Due to this, he does not remember what his parents were like. Not many families wanted to keep the child due to their living situations themselves, so he spent most of his years in the orphanage. Of course, the caretakers were not rude or mean by any means, even after he came out as a transmale. He didn't mind the orphanage very much, even enjoying the small heartfelt moments left by his fellow foster siblings whilst they came and went. At the age of 16, he began to get a small job to begin to save up for a place to live when he turned 18, get trans healthcare including surgery, and help support the orphanage that raised him.
After working at a small, local restaurant for two years, he was able to make enough to support himself in a small apartment at the age of 18. He also had help from orphanage donors and scholarships to continue a local education during his free time in hopes of becoming an aspiring art teacher! His young adulthood was full of a lot of hard work, but he was okay with it. The young man didn't mind the stress, knowing that the future would be rewarding! He was the happiest during these years, especially after getting support for his identity.
His life changed after he turned 21 years old. While working late one night, he came across a young woman just two years younger than him named Shazuki Fushigawa. After starting up a conversation, the two instantly hit it off and decided to try going on a date in the future. One date led to three, then officially getting together, up until they began to live together. The two were the happiest pair they could be, and Tsukai was certain that this was going to be the girl he would marry in the near future. They were together for one year before discovering that Shazuki was pregnant with his child. Normally, most couples would have been panicking; they were much too young for this! However, Shazuki and Tsukaimon were extremely happy to have the opportunity. Tsukai was almost out of college and both of the two had stable jobs; what better could a child add to this happy mix? The day after, Tsukai proposed to Shazuki, and the couple got engaged.
Everything changed when Shazuki was 8 months pregnant. Something had gone wrong, and the baby was coming extra early. Unfortunately, the complications in childbirth led to Shazuki's passing in the hospital, despite having done everything they could. Distraught and left with a child to raise, Tsukai spent six years raising his daughter on his own and continuing to work in the small, local restaurant while waiting for a job opportunity to open up. He named his daughter Hashuka, due to this being the name his late fiance had wanted for their child. Hashuka was the sweetest daughter a father could ask for, never having been particularly unbearable and growing to be more and more understanding of their financial situation as she grew. Unfortunately, at the age of 28, the restuarant had a fire accident that led to Tsukaimon being hospitalized for third-degree burns along his shoulder and neck. Not only did this scar, but the accident itself scarred the restaurant enough into bankruptcy, leaving Tsukaimon out of a job with his daughter. Due to this, he decided to take his retirement savings and more to Kurakura, where he took on a small job and allowed his daughter to have better educational opportunities, while he waited for an opening to become a teacher.
Misfortune once again struck Tsukaimon at age 30. When he was late coming home from his delivery job one day, he discovered that his daughter had been murdered in an alleyway on her way back home, meaning she passed away at age eight. Tsukai's life went downhill from here, despite him still looking for a teaching position to take up. Within the next twelve years of his life, he'd learn how to manage a professional appearance at his job and in public; albeit this was never at home. He ended up developing drinking habits in hopes to forget his past regrets and traumatic experiences in life, simply living day to day between his job, eating, drinking, and then sleeping. He would never drink in front of people for fear of how he would act, despite being nothing but a sad drunk. Tsukaimon still drinks now, but less than before as he keeps up with his hygiene and ensures that his habits and home life don't affect his students and coworkers.
In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

"My name is Tsukaimon Ichiyama"
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
"Mr. Ichiyama"
Given Name(s):
"Mr. Ichi, Tsukai, and 'Momo' are the names that I have heard others call me."
Preferred Name:
"Personally, I do not mind any name I am called! I would however prefer if at least the students kept it professional with a 'Mr' title in front of my name, even if it is a nickname!"
Age (Minimum is 25):
"I am 42 years old."
Religious Denomination:
"I haven't thought much about religion in my life. I suppose one might consider me an atheist."
Marital Status:
"I am Single."
Nationality:
"I am Japanese."
Current Location:
"Karakura, Japan."
SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

"I spent ten years working at a local restaurant in my hometown. I was never fired, the place ended up in bankruptcy. I have been working at a small food delivery place now until I found this open position, for 14 years!"
Academic Degree:
"I graduated at a university in my hometown with a bachelor's degree."
Year of Graduation:
"I graduated in the year 2004, at the age of 24 years old."
Major(s):
"Art, Education."
Minors:
"Writing, Japanese Sign Language, Art."
Native Languages:
"I speak Japanese, naturally."
Other Languages:
"I took Japanese Sign Language classes in my late university years to better understand my future students."
Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
"None of the above!"
Extra
While I have not worked with any factions yet, I would love for the opportunity! I hope that once I can learn from this faction, I could bring more use to the server and help out more factions in the future with more characters as well! I do have College coming in the fall of this year, however, that will no hinder my playtime or lessen my experience in this server. The School Roleplay Server is something that genuinely makes me happy and I hope to play it for as long as possible! Thank you, staff, for giving me a chance (and hopefully accepting me), all you do, and for allowing this opportunity to arise!

Additional notes about your application: If accepted, it would be lovely to have it on my fifth character slot, which had Tsukaimon and his description. Thank you!
Do you have any questions?: N/A
1703605754668.gif

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your application lacked detail in comparison to some others.
  • There were aspects of your application that were not answered properly. Please correct the errors upon reapplying.

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread