mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Alistarstruck's Teacher Application

art teacher app.gif

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

Alistarstruck (Alternate account: Altistarstruck, Tsukaimon is on my main!)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
alistarstruck

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes! I am not much of a talker in big voice chats, but I am willing to speak up when needed! I also have great noise suppression, too.

What is your time zone?:
EST, or UTC-5.

What is your age? (Optional):
I am 18 years old! (June 21st, 2005)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand! I will do my best to ensure this doesn't happen, as I rarely ever spend a day without logging onto the server!

Describe your activity on the server:
I have spent a lot of time on the server, usually every day for at least three hours, and even more on the weekends! It's rare for me to be offline outside of sleeping, working, or occasionally just going out. In the last 6-7 months from when I first joined the server, I have played for over three weeks in total according to my playtime, showing how much I enjoy being part of this community. I've invested a good amount of time here, and I plan and hope to continue doing so! Recently, I took a short break for my mental health, but now I'm back and feeling better than ever, even having put one of my characters aside to allow myself less stress in playing my teacher role! Even during the break though, I still played on my alternate account. I hope to continue to keep my schedule consistent!
1706142636403.png
(Proof of playtime on my main account!)

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:

Have you ever been banned?
Nope, and I hope I never am! The only thing I have gotten is a 7-day warning about covering up the porch of my apartment – I wasn't aware this was an issue and I promise not to do so again!

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
I have/had two animal companions, a bear (although I've replaced this role with Tsukaimon, a 12th-grader whose story I haven't explored yet) and a kitten/cat that is still around! Aside from them, I've created characters in the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades. Currently, My main character is Uzimaki Oshiro, my 12th-grade character, who I'm aiming to guide through the upcoming college exams. On my alternate account, I've made a character in 8th grade! I enjoy playing this character when I prefer some alone time on the server without engaging in conversations – just adoring the SRP! I'm also planning to shift who I play the most as to Tsukaimon Ichiyama!

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I am hoping to teach Art! As an artist myself, I cannot ignore my chance to help others explore their talents and the history of the subject I love with all my heart! I hope to offer classes about different techniques, historical eras in art history such as the Renaissance or Baroque period, and even certain tools used in art such as point perspective and the rule of 3rds! I'm excited to explore the creative minds of the students, and come up with fun ways to entertain and teach my class! In my years of high school, my art teacher always came up with fun ways to keep the students focused. I hope to re-introduce some of those ideas into SRP, to help keep the essence that I enjoyed so much in my days as a student within the community, even if it is just a roleplay server.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
From a young age, it has always been my goal to take on a job that can help people. At first, it was the idea of being a doctor, or a veterinarian, and then it was an Engineer! I dropped that idea pretty quickly. It was my 5th-grade year of school when I decided that I wanted to become a teacher. I loved the idea of helping future generations learn how to read and write, and loved the idea of helping others train their creativity even more. During my middle school years, I always asked the teachers questions and learned more about them both as family members and as people with College Diplomas with different ideas of what it means to be a Teacher. I remember my favorite middle school teacher, a woman named Mrs. H who truly inspired me to continue this profession. She would help any student who asked no matter the subject, and even pushed me to go above and beyond. Because of her, I graduated with an advanced high school diploma. If I had never followed her advice, I never would have gotten the opportunity to explore my interests in High School. Even from my earliest thought of being a teacher as a future career choice as a kid, I knew that I would choose some kind of Art class, whether that was visual arts or English class. I was advanced in my school, I found the classes a breeze, and most of the content was stuff I already knew! From Fahrenheit 451 to The Crucible, I was always a fan of the books my teachers offered. In my junior year of high school, I took a creative writing class and explored the many ideas in different forms of writing and creativity that I didn't even know existed! Even to this day, I still write, between planning my own book, detailRP on SRP, or even just a journal I keep on me. However, I also started to take Art Classes in my sophomore year, managing to land one of my first art pieces to be featured in my school art show! Ever since, I'd taken all of the classes I could give myself and found in exploring different mediums and the lovely history offered by my wonderful art teachers, that this was the energy I wanted to share with the world. If I were to become a teacher, it was more likely that I was going to be an Art Teacher due to the difference in my motivation between writing and art! I even did my Capstone Project - a senior final exam-type assignment that allows students the opportunity to research what career they are thinking of, on becoming an Art The******! Even now, I would have loved to be a Teacher. To be able to help students by showing them the different techniques and styles they could form into their own and watch them blossom into more than I could ever imagine? It sounds like a dream come true! However, in reality, teachers where I live are extremely underpaid and oftentimes have to take up secondary jobs on the weekends to help make ends meet. That is why I ultimately decided against being a teacher in real life. When I heard this opportunity open up in the School Roleplay, I knew I had to jump at the chance to do what I could never had the pleasure of experiencing in reality. Now, I can help students with a character that can encourage them to grow into people with families and lives outside of the major crimes that most people are deep into. I also would love to help keep people entertained during the school days, when all most students do if there isn't a class running is wander the school aimlessly. I can use this chance to help players who are afraid to make friends interact with more people, instead of being stuck in the corners of rooms without even having the chance to say hi. With so much to do as a teacher, who wouldn't want to be one?

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
Yes! I am perfectly okay with this as I am sure I have a lot to learn, and I am willing to climb up the ranks if needed! The money this position may bring is not the reason I decided to apply, so it is not the biggest issue for me that getting less money than others with more play and experience might occur, as it's a very fair and accurate way to do things! I hope this role can offer me the help I may need in my experience of being inexperienced!

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:
I may need help understanding how to use certain commands and how to use certain items like the radio or the intercom; however, teaching the classes and grading assignments will not be an issue for me! I have done teacher roles in past roleplays, just not on a Minecraft server!

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The class logs are managed by the SLT (Senior Leadership Team) and used to keep track of how many classes the teachers have hosted. These logs also include information on how long the classes lasted, how many students attended, and even the star reviews the students leave for the teacher! These logs are a good way for the SLT to keep track of how much to pay the teachers at the end of the month, as well as keeping track of the general attendance of students and teachers alike. There is certainly more to teacher class logs, but this was all of the information I could gather for now! I hope to learn more with the chance given!

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. No Cellphones - This rule is to ensure that the teacher and students can have a good time and learn from the lectures or instructions given with no interruptions. He might be slightly lenient if the student is using a reference photo, or maybe print it out for them, but otherwise, he is headset on this rule. If there is an emergency, Tsukaimon will allow the student to step aside for a moment, but there will be no further usage!

2. No talking during lectures without raising one's hand - The teacher, expects respect from the students and will give respect in return. Due to this, no talking should be occurring that could potentially interrupt the learning experience! There may be exceptions of course, such as if he is playing a game with the students, or he didn't see a hand raised!

3. Toleration - This is meant to be a fun classroom, and while not everyone is expected to get along, tolerance is to be expected within the school walls to ensure that everyone has a fun time! Whatever drama is between two students is to be left at the classroom doors.

4. No Illegal Activity - There is to be no illegal activity in this classroom; this includes drinking, smoking, carrying illegal items, etc. This, of course, is both a rule for the classroom and a law that people should follow. Tsukaimon has a no-tolerance philosophy when it comes to such crimes. For example, if a student is spotted with alcohol, it will be reported and dealt with immediately.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I've been deep in roleplaying for as long as I can remember! In my younger days, my friends, brother, and I would play games where we took on different characters, acting out various scenarios – a typical creative outlet for most kids. However, as I grew older, I continued this enjoyable activity in Discord with my friends. Our roleplays evolved into genuine storylines with distinct chapters and a whole crowd of new characters to play! Creating new characters became a favorite and major part of my life, and it just as quickly continued its way into inspiring my writing and artistic skills as I continued to grow! What started as simple roleplays quickly became entire storybooks with characters having a sea of different personalities and backstories, adding to my practice and love for roleplay! While on Discord, I have come across servers centered around roleplay, where aspects like teaching and mentoring were important roles to play. Surprisingly, I often found myself deeply involved in these roleplays, contributing to the importance of these learning-like roles! The first time I discovered the SRP, it was a game-changer for me. I knew from just one glance that it was what I wanted to join. From the very first day, I felt addicted to the server, drawn to its massive text-based roleplaying style and the uniqueness of the it, done in ways I'd never seen before! Before I knew it, 6 months flew by, and I'm still actively participating and loving each moment spent within this Roleplay Server!

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:

Head of Department
↳ Description:
The Heads of Departments are the highest ranks in the faction. This group of teachers has much knowledge and experience in their roles and jobs as a whole, having been a part of the faction for longer amounts of time than most. These individuals each have their department to look over based on the subjects they teach, and act as role models for most other ranks. The Heads of Departments are considered to be responsible for the most, along with assisting the less experienced teachers who may need help understanding subjects such as how to use certain commands or even training them in general!

- QT
↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
The Qualified Teachers are part of the faction that has shown perseverance through their training and gained experience throughout their time! They have completed many classes and proved themselves to be deserving of the rank given.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
This group of individuals in the faction do not have as much experience as the group above; however, they have proven themselves by finishing their training! They may still need advice from higher-ranking Teachers, but they no longer need to get approval to host classes on their own!

- UT
↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
These teachers are technically trainees in that they need to be supervised and shown how to work the ropes of the classroom! The HD will be the one to host classes for them and train the teacher on how classes work, along with ensuring they can properly manage, host, and teach classes through lesson plans and lectures!

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

From my observations during my time playing and the research I have found around the forums, the compensation for Teachers varies based on experience. Those with less experience may receive a lower income, albeit not less than 350,000 per month. On the other hand, more experienced teachers (such as HDs or QTs) have the potential to earn a minimum of 400,000, with an additional 50,000 if they meet their quota. Teachers and Professors are from different factions, which means that professors receive higher pay than high school teachers. This did not discourage me from applying for a teacher position instead of a professor!

My research has led me to some information about the training process for new teachers! They need to receive a proper introduction from their Head Director before being sent off to be trained to teach! It can often take from weeks to months for teachers to rise in the ranks, but that varies depending on the teacher and their availability when it comes to hosting classes. However, SLT does advise against spamming classes! In my observations of the teachers in the game, they often host 2 to 3 classes depending on what their lesson is about that day. For example, I noticed that an English teacher has a pattern of hosting his classes during the 2nd and 4th periods, but if he gives out a bigger or longer assignment or lesson, he will plan ahead of time and do three classes instead! I have also noticed that it is not often to see a teacher on for two days in a row, which is important to note due to the idea that they make sure to take breaks to not overwhelm themselves with classes and lesson plans! I have seen less experienced teachers run themselves dry of classes and then be out of lesson ideas by the end of the day.

Outside of teaching lessons, teachers also dedicate time to patrolling the school premises, ensuring that rules are followed! They also frequently hang around the teacher's lounge, taking breaks or focusing on grading assignments when necessary - then again, they also sometimes grade assignments in their classrooms during break periods! Outside of their profession, teachers have lives beyond the classroom. Many of them have families waiting for them at home, showing that they are more than simply teachers in a school. In fact, I have a character that is the son of a teacher, and then another who was adopted by a professor! While they make sure to keep up their appearances at school, the teachers aren't afraid to wind down for the day when that clock hits 4:00! Unless they have to host detention of course, then they have to stay at the school a little later to watch over the students who are in trouble for the day.

The way teachers teach varies across subjects and teachers alike! For example, in English classes, some use fun activities like games or debates, while others focus on writing and assignments, like creating characters! I have been in a very equal amount of both of these types of teaching styles, and both seem to be effective! Art Teachers also have different styles, with some sticking to traditional methods and others specializing in Graphic Design, exploring digital aspects of art. I have seen Art Teachers who do a lesson first and then move on to the assignment for the day, and others who use the art assignment as the student's way to keep track of notes throughout class time!

ICLY, teachers are important to the School Roleplay due to their sheer existence being the main form of entertainment to help most of the population in Karakura (since this is a city that takes on a college-town style) get through the school day! I have also heard, unsure if this is true, that SLT takes certain lessons from the Teachers to implement into the next exams! That means that while some people might find classes and assignments "useless", or a "waste of time", they are actually very necessary to help people prepare ICLY and OOCLY to improve their grade-level!

The salary for teachers can vary depending on location! In Japan, according to online sources, starting pay for teachers falls into the range of ¥3.5 to ¥4.5 million yearly. From my personal experiences in the U.S. however, I've noticed that teachers in my area have been lacking in the financial support their jobs should offer over the years. This has led to challenges for many teachers I knew growing up who found themselves either leaving the career path entirely or taking on second jobs to support themselves and their families. It's a worrisome issue, and I genuinely hope for improvements in the situation OOCLY. In the SRP, I've observed a similarity that teachers with more experience and years in the role tend to receive higher compensation than newer teachers as mentioned above, which is also an OOCLY tradition in schools!

I hope to aspire after my Art and English teachers in my ways of teaching in the SRP. My teachers were always quick to help us when they needed to, but also ensured that we weren't strangled with history lessons and new assignments day after day! Their goal was to let us explore our own style through the prompts they provided, and this method of teaching worked immeasurably. My other English teachers didn't do things the same, in fact, they rather preferred us to have a very specific style or it wasn't going to be perfect. While there were some parts of that teaching style that I didn't miss, I can't deny that I learned a lot of interesting techniques that still help me in my practices today. I may have graduated high school, but those lessons are what left me with the biggest impact in my high school years.

I still look back on that Creative Writing Class to this day. That teacher, on the first day of class, had us write down all of the things we hated about ourselves, and then we threw them in a bin she gave us. The next day, she showed us a video of her burning each piece of paper, never opening them to read out what we said. She then had us write things we were proud of, and kept them on her classroom wall the entire year. That first week was what made me realize I would never regret that class. I hope to provide this same comfort, both ICLY and OOCLY, to the students of Karakura.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
A school relies heavily on its teachers as they play an important role in the learning and roleplay experience! The Teachers are the ones who make school interesting and keep students engaged until the end of the school day with lessons, classes, and monitoring the halls! They are not only instructors but also contributors to the lively atmosphere of the school! They are one of the factions that offer authority and order to the chaotic students. Without them, the school would lack a structured learning environment and experience, both in and outside of roleplay. The goal of the school is to learn, and teachers play a key role in achieving that goal by providing essential knowledge and guidance. I have even learned things myself out of character during the lessons taught!

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The Kurakura School runs on MoScOw, which is an abbreviation for "Must Have, Should Have, Could Have, Won't Have".

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?

Appearance:

Screenshot 2024-01-19 235110.png

Tsukai has green eyes, pale skin that never seems to tan, just burns, and coal-black curly hair. Along with this, he has a noticeable scar along his neck from past a past incident that caused third-degree burns. He is usually seen in a plain white shirt with a pair of jeans and a jacket of some kind. He holds himself in a very professional light; meaning his shirts are always tucked in and his jacket is always put away when he teaches lessons. His hair usually looks as if it was attempted to be brushed and sprayed, but given up on due to it's stubbornness. The 5'10 tall man would look on with a warm smile and a very formal posture.

Tsukaimon 'Tsukai' Ichiyama is a very professional man. He loves to have a good time by offering unique ways to learn in the classroom, but he is sure to keep up a formal appearance and stick to the curriculum. He often speaks with a large vocabulary and does his best to keep a professional relationship with his peers and students; however, he is not afraid to offer help or suggestions and treat everyone with the same respect he expects to receive! He is also a very headstrong man, with his unique set of morals and philosophies that he follows. While he does have his issues, he keeps them out of the workplace and does his best to maintain his appearance in front of the public! Mr. Ichiyama very much loves his job and the kids he teaches with ultimate patience, even in the harshest of scenarios. Oftentimes, he may make a random joke here and there that would most likely make most students cringe at his efforts. Tsukai is not a very "kept up-to-date" person, though he tries his best. He also doesn't like electronics such as TV or Smartphones, believing that they hinder the creative mind.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
Tsukai sees himself as a guide for future generations, to help them strive towards a life of education and a brighter future. Being painfully aware of the issues in a high-crime area like Karakura and the high school itself, he hopes to steer students away from a life of crime! He believes that, with proper care and in trying his best, the students he affects can achieve these goals and expectations he sets for them. He treats all the students with kindness and respect, recognizing the potential within each of them! He even refers to the students in his class as "Young Artists," due to being an art teacher. Albeit, it does disappoint him when he has to discipline a student, as he would rather see them spread their wings through guidance!

Tsukaimon considers his coworkers not just as colleagues, but as friendly faces he shares occasional small talk conversations with! Although he prefers keeping his personal life private, he is never against striking up a conversation with a coworker. He is the type of person who hopes to keep a friendly and professional appearance during school hours. This goal helps him better connect with those he works alongside, contributing to a workplace atmosphere that is both respectful and kind! While maintaining a degree of professional distance, he values the social stability that comes with the friendships within the school factions!

What are their plans for the future?
The man wants nothing more than for his family to be happy and live long. Tsukaimon's dream is to one day retire surrounded by his kids, wife, and grandkids and watch all of them grow into amazing young adults. He would love to live on a beach somewhere secluded, with only his family by his side. His only requirements as far as a place to live is that everyone has their own space and he gets an Art Studio. He doesn't plan to adopt anymore kids, with the four he currently has, he is perfectly content with his current position. Due to a late start on his career as a teacher, however, he hopes to teach for at least 20 years before retiring!

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
"I would first observe the group of young students, acquiring the knowledge needed to understand the situation. I would then first attempt to calm down the group and offer a warning of detention if they do not try to cooperate with me. Then, I would figure out what happened, and who the culprits are, and give first and second warnings. If they do not listen, I will offer a warning to hang out detention slips if needed to all who were involved in the dispute. If they still do not listen, I would simply hand out slips and contact SLT if the situation worsens, separating the group and letting them know I do not want to see them together again."

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
"I consider myself a very patient person; however, I am not afraid to give punishments when they are deserved. If the class is not listening to me due to a dispute, I would give detention slips to the two students disputing after two warnings. If the class is simply just being loud and rowdy, I will try to compromise by offering a reward to those who can listen. Whether that is reward tokens or choose part of the lesson for the class! If they are still not listening, I would unfortunately have to resort to warnings and even kicking students out of the class when needed."

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Tsukaimon Ichiyama is the type of man to spend his time in the teacher's lounge doing something. Whether that is eating lunch, talking to a fellow employee, or working on grading assignments to have more free time at home, he keeps himself busy in the best ways possible. He is not the type to slack off at work too much though, even when he is given the time to. He believes that while he is on the clock, he should be doing something productive with his time. While away from the students, he lowers his guard around his co-workers and will most likely have a coffee while striking up a conversation with a passing colleague, but he is not the type of person to talk of drama that happened within his student's lives to other teachers!

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
would turn to the wall behind him, holding a white stick of chalk up with his back to the students. As the man wrote, the chalk would slightly squeak in response to the man's quick yet neat hand flying across the green old-school surface. He would stand tall as he turned to the students, giving a slight bow in greeting to them before smiling. Moving aside, the board would show four simple rules, his name, and the lesson of the day! "Mediums"

/me would go into the closet, rummaging sounds being able to be heard as the man looked for the specific assignment to give for the day. He came out of the closet barely a minute later barely managing to carry a stack of journals over to his desk, dropping them with a loud accidental BOOM as he turned to the students with a huff of relief and a smile, holding up one of the simple white and blue journals. "Who here needs a journal to draw in?"

/me would shut the door behind the last student and let out a sigh of relief, walking over to the desks and reorganizing anything the students might have left behind-- that being papers, extra assignments, or even random notes he hadn't seen being passed in class. Then, he would grab the assignments he needed to grade and head into the closet, grabbing his phone and coat after putting the items neatly in the chest. This excluded the ungraded assignments, of course.

/me had been slightly focused on grading assignments-- but he noticed the student raising their hand out of the corner of his eye and set the current assignment down along with his pen, smiling warmly to the student and nodding, inviting them to ask their question. As they asked, he put the student paintings on the dry rack, listening carefully before making eye contact once again to offer advice on their struggle in their art. "Instead of trying to copy down line for line the reference you're using, why don't you allow yourself to make the mistakes on purpose? Art isn't supposed to be perfect, it's supposed to express you and your talent, what you are trying to create. I find that the most beautiful paintings are the ones where mistakes are made on purpose. Instead of starting over, see what you can do to work with it!"

Backstory
On September 8th, 1980, Tsukaimon Ichiyama was born to a very unlucky family. His mother was a young lady who was not ready to bear a child and his father was never discovered. Due to this, his mother dropped him off at an Orphanage in November of 1982, when he was two years old. In his younger years, he went through one or two foster families before finding himself back at the orphanage. This was mostly due to the poor conditions of the Japanese town he grew up in, not very many people were able to afford to raise a child. That isn't to say he had it horrible, of course! His caretakers at the orphanage were always kind, and outside of small disputes here and there with his peers, he found he got along well with his foster siblings! At the age of 6, he started to show intense interest and skill in drawing and painting. Of course, there is only so much a six-year-old can do. He was the best of the students though, always full of creative ideas, even adding small details to his paintings of his friends and family.

When he was thirteen, the caretakers put together their funds and bought him watercolor pencils and paints - the start of his main medium and the inspiration for what he wanted to do for his future. From that point on, he drew something new nearly every day in the orphanage. Whether it was about a friend or a flower, he was always able to find new and expressive ways to show his ever-growing talent to those around him.

Not long after Tsukaimon's 16th birthday in 1996, he got himself his first job. Tsukaimon knew that he needed to start working if he hoped to go to college and live an affordable lifestyle as an independent adult. Due to this, he started early and studied hard in school to ensure that he would have a chance for scholarships, then left to go to his new job. The place that hired the sixteen-year-old was a small family-run restaurant. It was simple and had nothing to do with Writing for sure, but it gave Tsukai the funding to begin saving up for his future goals in life. He didn't work too often or for too long, but he did an amazing job when he did. The restaurant considered their new waiter their star employee, and Tsukai was guaranteed a manager position the moment he turned 18, if he were to stay for the next two years of his life, of course.

Due to the determination of the young aspiring Art Teacher, Tsukaimon took on that manager position the day he turned 18. Not only did he achieve this role, but he was also able to move out of the orphanage and into a small condo close by a college in the area that was offering a free scholarship to the hard-working individual due to his circumstances. Because of his extreme luck, he was able to balance his classes and his job, no matter how hard the challenge. Most people would find the stress between the two much too harsh, but Tsukaimon found himself enjoying his busy routine. Once he had a consistent schedule between his classes and his job, he found it much easier to maintain. From the first day he walked into the big class doors, he knew he wanted to aim for a Master's Degree. This determined soul would ensure that nothing could stop him from this dream.

One night on a late shift as a manager in the restaurant, Tsukaimon met a woman around his age named Shazuki Fushigawa. By this point in his life, he had been in college for around a year now, and in his line of working for three. The two immediately hit it off, talking the night away between their conversations. Tsukaimon had never felt this way about anyone before. Shazuki was beautiful and kind, and she found Tsukaimon's determined stories and humor charming. Neither of the two was the type to believe in love at first sight - but they were willing to admit they quickly fell head over heels for each other. Shazuki did not hide the truth from the man. She told him the first night they met about her late boyfriend, who had passed away in a car accident just months ago. She hadn't known him for very long, yet the impact he left on her was a great deal both mentally and physically; for she was bearing his child. When Tsukaimon heard this information, he knew he wasn't in the best position to help either of them. Yet, she seemed to truly believe he could do her and her child justice. So, despite being just barely 20 years old, he agreed to date her and join her family.

In the seven months before Hashuka was born, Tsukaimon spent nearly all of his free time with Shazuki. He found that he never once regretted his decision that night, for she was all he could ever dream of calling his own. Never once did the two argue, they shared a love language in being very touchy, she completely understood him when he explained his asexuality, and she even helped him through his year of college. Never had Tsukai been so happy as he was in those seven months. All good moments eventually meet their end, however, and this one ended in tragedy. On March 3rd, 2001, Shazuki was rushed to the hospital after going into labor for her child. Unfortunately, due to complications during the period, Shazuki was unable to make it through labor. The doctors miraculously saved Hashuka, the young daughter who was all Tsukaimon had left to remember his lover by.

Tsukai did his best as a father to raise the sweet Hashuka left in his care. He never blamed her for what happened to her mother, for that was not any fault of hers. He was also open and honest about any questions she had about her parents, often taking her to visit their graves in hopes of establishing some sort of connection between her and the two she never met. He continued to work as a manager at the restaurant while finishing up college and graduated with flying colors in the year of 2004. By this point, Hashuka was three. Of course, it was never going to be that easy to get a job as a teacher, Tsukaimon knew that. So, he stuck with his job and kept an eye out for job postings of any schools in the area looking for teachers.

Two years after he graduated in 2006, tragedy struck once again. While at his job cleaning a table and talking to a customer about a possible refund, a fire broke out in the kitchen. The only cook was panicking, which led him to try and put out the grease fire with water. Unfortunately, that just made it worse. The cook was now stuck in the back of the restaurant with the fire. The moment Tsukai smelled the smoke, he dropped everything and grabbed the fire extinguisher, running into the kitchen. By this point, however, the fire was much too big for the simple extinguisher to battle it very much. So, Tsukai took off his shirt and braced himself, racing into the raging fire and carrying the cook on his back. He quickly tried to make his way out of the restaurant, but the fire had reached the door handles, causing him to nearly burn his hands as he tried to open it. He used his foot, kicking the door open and rolling the cook-off of him and out of the kitchen. Just as he tried to follow, a wooden shelf just above the door fell and knocked him unconscious. It took three minutes for the firefighters to arrive, and then three more to get Tsukaimon's unconscious state out of the room. Luckily, he was still alive, but massively wounded.

After being hospitalized for three months, Tsukai was finally allowed out and able to be with his daughter again. While he was glad to be alive after the incident, he was out of a job now. The restaurant had been forced to shut down due to the conditions the fire left the building in, and it was too small to have anywhere to transfer the man to. Due to this, Tsukai took the rest of his emergency funds and moved him and Hashuka to Karakura. Here, he was hoping to get a fresh start and a place with more opportunities for him and his daughter alike. The man continued his passion for art, but was once again unable to find a sustainable job as a teacher just yet. Instead, he found himself working as a pizza delivery driver for a small company until he could find something better. Here, he continued his quiet life in raising his daughter.

In 2013, 12-year-old Hashuka was walking home from school when she was brutally murdered in an alleyway. Tsukaimon had asked her to pick up some groceries with a small amount of cash he had given her, and some people jumped her for the money. The father had been on his way home from work when he got the call from the police station. After hearing about his daughter, he dropped everything that day. It took him weeks to go back to work, and he found that the only comfort he could grasp from the life he had anymore was the hope in his future as a teacher and the bottles sitting on the top shelf of his home, waiting for those Friday nights.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

"My name is Tsukaimon Ichiyama"

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
"Mr. Ichiyama"

Given Name(s):
"Mr. Ichi, Tsukai, and 'Momo' are the names that I have heard others call me."

Preferred Name:
"Personally, I do not mind any name I am called! I would however prefer if at least the students kept it professional with a 'Mr' title in front of my name, even if it is a nickname!"

Age (Minimum is 25):
"I am 43 years old."

Religious Denomination:
"I haven't thought much about religion in my life. I suppose one might consider me an atheist."

Marital Status:
"I am Single."

Nationality:
"I am Japanese."

Current Location:
"Karakura, Japan."

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

"I spent ten years working at a local restaurant in my hometown. I was never fired, the place ended up in bankruptcy. I have been working at a small food delivery place now until I found this open position, for 14 years!"

Academic Degree:
"I graduated at a university in my hometown with a master's degree."

Year of Graduation:
"I graduated in the year 2004, at the age of 23 years old."

Major(s):
"Art, Education."

Minors:
"Writing, Japanese Sign Language."

Native Languages:
"I speak Japanese, naturally."

Other Languages:
"I took Japanese Sign Language classes in my late university years to better understand my future students."

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
"None of the above!"

Extra
While I have not worked with any factions yet, I would love for the opportunity! I hope that once I can learn from this faction, I can bring more use to the server and help out more factions in the future with more characters as well! I do have College coming up in the fall of this year, however, that will not hinder my playtime or lessen my experience in this server. The School Roleplay Server is something that genuinely makes me happy and I hope to play it for as long as possible! Thank you, staff, for giving me a chance (and hopefully accepting me), for all you do, and for allowing this opportunity to arise!

Additional notes about your application: I have moved Tsukaimon Ichiyama into my primary slot. Thank you!
Do you have any questions?: N/A

ae.gif

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread