mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Allen Black (AllenBUwU's) || English Teacher (updated)

AllenBUwU

Level 83
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable

i edited this like.. so many times impulsively to add info and i keep coming back to fix or change things so sorry </3 adding this to explain by it says Updated in the title!! SO if you read this when it was just posted uhh enjoy the new info!! Chances are i may get paranoid and update stuff again before Teacher apps are reviewed sooo yeah!!

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: AllenBUwU

Do you have Discord: Mayios#4715

Do you have a microphone?: yes

How old are you?: 16

What is your time zone?: EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive, you will be demoted? yes i totally understand

Describe your activity on the server: for my Timezone I'll be active from around usually 10 AM - 10 PM on weekends and for weekdays (once school is in motion) 3 PM - 10 PM. As of right now I'm an active roleplayer, I quickly find myself in rp as either my friends are online, or someone approaches me.

Do you have any previous bans? n/a

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server: n/a

What is your current role(s) on the server: Grade 10

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach? English

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
IRL I've always been told im a very strong writer by my English teachers however I believe its because of all the years of RP helping me gain literacy. also I've taken the exact class twice and I am currently accepted into a college level course for Law enforcement and forensics. (Which you can see is reflected into my characters backstory lmao)
It is a passion of mine academically and I really have fun with it. I think even if you're just there in class for the RP aspect, learning about law is really useful especially when it comes to your rights and civil law and most people sometime in their life finds themselves on a jury or in the court room themselves.
so, what does this have to do with my motivation?
Well in English, there's plenty of types of writing. one being legalese which refers to "contract language" aka the lawyers lingo. Seeing the roster and that English teachers are needed, i thought combining the best of both worlds would be great and interesting as many people don't know this side of literature as its not usually taught in the school system. Therefore, my motivation is that i'm both passionate about law and English, so combining the two in a way that works in a unique and interesting way that others may not usually find in an English class for me at least is exciting! Of course, in the class Youd learn other normal English subjects but also learn stuff such as legalese, legal language aka a linguistic variety of writing that covers information-based writings and reports that you may find in the news, and other types of writing that can be actually pretty useful to know that you just usually wouldn't be taught! Maybe its just me but id totally be hyped if my English teacher taught me this so overall i suppose my main / largest motivation is being passionate about this and being excited to think that maybe i can teach people about this part of literature that literally like no one knows about.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training? yes

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?
if I'm correct the class logs is some automated system which records information of the following:
-when a teacher hosts class
-time & room number
-proof you taught your class / hosted a class that day and or how many times that day/week
-how many ppl are at dismissal or end of class? (Maybe sorry if wrong)
It truly there to help teachers and is a system that'll be used by the teacher themselves. From what I've seen it's important as it makes sure teachers are doing their job! I think going off of what I said it also would help determine teachers' pay as well

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?
I'd or well, Mr. Black enforce would the following list which will be called "top 10 rules":
1. No talking back to the teacher, this one is obvious as is disrespectful and can create a toxic environment.
2. Don't interrupt me when speaking. Same as rule number 1, it's disrespectful and rude.
3. Take notes that you feel needed, I won't spoon feed you and if you didn't take notes that's on you. I say this as the way I'd be teaching as of right now would be mostly verbally / in chat or through some sort of activity in class. That or worksheets as well. With that being said the class would be very "do what you feel is needed" because everyone is different, and some people may be better visual learners while others may be better at taking notes to remember.
4. Don't raise your hand for the bathroom, just go. It pauses class time and makes me assume you have a genuine question about class.
5. When I give work, do it. This is pretty self-explanatory but as I explained in rule 3 I will be teaching or planning to as of right now by verbally speaking or through activies, therefore when I do give work I expect it to be done. I don't think my class will be hard and won't have too much work therefore if it's not done when given, I believe there should be punishment for that.
Phones, eating and drinking are allowed however if you miss something important, that's on you. Again, similar to other rule explanations, in my class students would have a lot of freedom however if the use it unwise and stop paying attention, that'll be totally on them, and I won't feel bad giving a bad grade because little Johnny decided to not listen to me.
7. Do not do, what you know is wrong. Now this one Mr. Black would have in place more as a trust experiment. If a student does something wrong and claims it wasn't bad and it doesn't go against this rule, it can be turned into a learning opportunity where he can explain to said student it is wrong, or he can maybe contact a counselor or helper that could better explain to said student another time why its wrong. This also again puts trust in the student that hopefully they know what's wrong and right.
8. if you arrive late, that's on you, any missed notes you'll have to speak to me or receive from another student. This rule is more or less common sense, if you're late it should be on your hands to get the notes. Mr. Black has a very open-door rule well anyone who wishes to talk or just needs a place to stay for a period or for lunch is welcome, so of course he is totally open to summarize to that student what they missed but it can't be during his class period.
9. Don't ask questions I already answered. This again goes to him allowing students to choose to pay attention and itll reflect who cares and is aware in class. He won't care if one question is asked one class and then the same is asked another as there's a gap in time and makes sense for someone to forget. However, if its within the same class period he may simply ignore or question or crack a joke or paying attention.
10. No Bullying. Despite this seeming self explanatory, This is Mr. B's largest rule as he himself experienced bullying as a child. With this being said this is probably the rule he that's considered "no tolerance" and you will be immediately scowled and sent away if he witnesses it.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I've been roleplaying on Minecraft specifically since Lifeboat servers had Ahmau role-players and Amino was popular so for about 7 years all together. I was also involved in Instagram Dr kgrps and on Discord I'm involved with similar rps as well and have been for years, so I'd say I have quite a lot of experience up my sleeve. If needed I have a google doc here with a list of every RP ive taken apart of on discord and Instagram, Amino, MC and others aren't counted as those stuff work totally different: The RP list ... im not sure if the link still works but it dates back to 2020 since thats when i started the list and began hosting my own little Rps. previous to that most Rps was through as stated before Amino and MC!! if needed, most of the insta and discord kgs when i first started were multifandom / Danganronpa since yes I had that phase and more recently only OCs!!

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: A HD is someone who is the head of the department. They are in charge of their teaching department of course and assists other teachers by making large decisions, determining student punishments, helping create events or gatherings for students or teachers, ect. They also help improve the overall education system, quality of education and other issues amongst the school. theyre also the highest-rank for teachers

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A Qualified teacher is someone who has gone through their academic / teacher training in the past and has been working for some time now. most QTs are considered the average teachers and the ones you'll see teaching quote on quote normally and working under a HD. With this being said they necessarily new or old as a new teacher could someone who had just gotten to a QT or can be someone who chooses to stay as a QT after many years of teaching. by most means they're all the second highest rank for teachers

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: An NQT is someone who has recently completed their initial teacher training and gained qualified teacher status. They're often newer teachers with less experience and will tend to be lead on the right track thanks to other teachers such as QTs or HDs. how long it takes for someone to get out of being a NQT varies per person as everyone is different and everyone may need more time than others because of differences. NQT are obviously going to be the lowest rank for teachers as well.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: An UT is someone who has just gotten their job or accepted to their job. most of the time said person has not begun the process of becoming a NQT or QT just yet and still needs training. A UT can also be someone who has not passed the QTS process in England. being a UT doesn't mean you can't teach at all but instead need to learn and assistance to get on the road to being other rankings. with that being said, the way they teach is usually as being a teacher's assistant and or more or less observing a class and only answering questions if a teacher directs questions to them. UTs are often seen in high schools as people who are in college who wish to become teachers therefore, they're assigned to a school to be taught by other teachers who will assist them on learning lesson planning, schedules, teaching methods, etc. unlike the other titles, a UT doesnt fall under any teacher rankings as they arent technically officially a teacher yet.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers in real life are pretty much one of the few jobs that's been around for hundreds of years and been teaching us information for just as long. obviously as we are on a RP server and some of us being teenagers playing the role, we still have a chance to share information we are good at or passionate about with others through the RP and or if in general someone is curious. I know for me personally id love to teach Law as I'm knowledgeable about it and love it, and for the most part same applies to other teachers IRL or in game.
On the server, teaching 10 classes within a month gives a clean salary of 350k while a bonus of 50k exists for doing an extra 5 classes. In real life however, salaries obviously is different as you have to teach daily and can't exactly just not log in a day or two. Since the server takes place in Japan ill list some salary information for average teachers from there. Teacher salaries in Japan range from 214,000 JPY per month (minimum salary) to 629,000 JPY per month (maximum salary). Median Salary The median salary is 395,000 JPY per month, which means that half (50%) of people working as Teacher (s) are earning less than 395,000 JPY while the other half are
earning more than 395,000 JPY.
when it comes to teaching in game, it'll clearly be a different experience as per obvious reasons its through a Minecraft chat, however that doesn't mean you cant use similar tactics or methods to try to teach your class. Broadly speaking, below i will list a few ways someone could teach on the server or in real life:
1. Lectures. lectures tend to be more associated with college courses previously however due to recent world matters and times lectures have become a more seen and popular teaching method throughout schools and ages. lectures can be done verbally and typed out, often seen as someone telling or listening information that'll be up to the receiving end to write down or process the information as they feel fit. this works well with teaching in RP as it creates less work for the person playing the teacher and allows students to simply follow along.
2. Problem Solving. This method of teaching involves having students work on specific problems or challenges directly related to course content being taught in class. this can be a more hands on approach to teaching and helps students interact with one another and use some brain power. an example on how this could work in roleplay, An example for this could be in math where someone has an issue and needs to do math to solve it, this is probably the most common form of problem solving in teaching.
3. Role Playing. This teaching method involves having students dress up as characters and act out different situations/scenarios related to the material being taught at hand. this is clearly more used for little kids but for us this basically is what we are doing on the server, no? we are dressing up in skins, and acting out situations. obviously, we can kind of do an rp-inside of an rp as well, for example there's a drama class which is essentially playing stage characters.
4. Group Work. Group work involves having students work with their classmates cooperatively on different assignments related to the material they are being taught at hand. now this was essentially covered in the other listed methods however i believe it's worth mentioning on its own entirely. working together may be a bit tricky on the server but i believe it can be done probably best if students are given the option to work on an assignment alone or with a partner. this way no one panics in rp that they HAVE to get a partner but instead could happily work on their own. Group work can differ per class and i believe I've already given examples on how this could be at playout.
(i got some information to help create this list from this website :] )
Lastly for their spare time, teachers have lives outside of school. What a teacher does in their free time in rp or irl, is up to them. Theyre all adults and allowed to do as they please as long as its legal! Some may work on lesson planning and grading while others may have already taken care of that in the scgool. Overall in genuinely depends per person and how they work, how they act, Hobbies, ect.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server? well teachers are important ad teachers are a part of the school system and as far as I've seen, most roleplay servers that are school based don't have them. So, for this server to have teachers is very impressive and important, not so it's immersive but also it gives the chance for those who don't really have an RP partner or anyone to talk to have something to be able to do and attend. It also in generally allows people to express and inform others on their passions, interests and be able to be there for someone in Rp even if it seems a little silly.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: As far as I can tell via being in the classes in rp, the lesson planning system varies per teacher and subject. some teachers decide to do more written or work exercises or some tend to speak more and do a verbal lesson rather than a paper one. From what I've seen the teacher starts class by introducing themselves or their subject by simply saying it directly or having a funny moto. After the lesson, teachers may give out HW or claim tomorrow they'll be important information on the board for us to read. The most drastically different thing I've seen between each other's is how they end class as some handout many assignments, some simply say have a good day or some just give a quick Homework sheet. I saw other forms/applications mention the MOSCO or however you spell it system as well but I kinda am not too familiar with it and don't feel comfortable 100% giving that as an answer but it's worth I suppose semi-quickly mentioning

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

1660150479718.png
(Swag character ref sketch incase my appearance description is hard to envision. ignore that is says Law teacher lmao, he used to be one for another school AND i made him before reading the roster SDFGJ)

Allen is a shorter male ranking in at about 5'4". He has wavy brown hair that in the back reaches to right above his shoulders while is shorter in the front... not exactly a mullet but if he grows it out more and straightens, it very well can become one. For facial hair the best way I can describe it is perhaps someone like Johnny Depp's current facial hair.
He has semi-sun tanned skin and green eyes, a few old scares on his hands specifically.
Clothes wise he may not dress the most professionally, mainly as he feels he shouldn't have to impress people via looks but by his personality and words. Therefore, you'll only see him truly dressed up on special occasions, besides that he can be described outfit wise as maybe a divorced dad on vacation. By that I mean he has quite the thing for Hawaiian shirts and shorts, especially to wear during the spring or fall. He may often be seen wearing a hat with the school's mascot or sunglasses on.
His personality is very laid back or chill, however he is not afraid to put his foot down or dish back the same behavior that's dished to him which can be a flaw of his. He can be described as the "try hard" or "tries to act like a teen" again teacher when really, he's kind of just been like that for years. He truly does try to be all adult-like and even is awkward or nervous around other teachers he doesn't speak too as he fears judgement or being seen as weird, this can be blamed on the lack of adult figures in his life growing up but for the most part he can handle it.
When speaking in English he does has the classic NYC accent so when speaking he may add an extra 'A' to the end of words when speaking. Its also said in his backstory then his friends he met after moving to Japan make fun of him for being kinda fluent in Japanese but having a god awful American accent.
Mr. Black truly does care about his students and tends to attempt to befriend the troublemakers or even class clowns as he was in their shoes at some point. He will try to relate and attempt to help them, at times even giving little tips to helpers or counselors to perhaps check in with said students if he feels need be. His doors are always open if someone just wants to talk or need someone to eat lunch with. His only huge tick or irks with students is bullying, as in his early years in elementary and the beginning of middle school he himself was also bullied. Therefore, it can be a very strong topic for him and perhaps the main time you'll ever ser him truly scold or yell at a student(s).
He may accidentally overstep at at times to help his students due to him being a former cop. If he hears something about family that he doesn't like, it wouldn't be ooc for him to research, get a statement from the student, report it, tell a school counselor, maybe even asking to do a parent-teacher conference to confront said parent as well. Hense why he didn't do lawyer work, he's too passionate and gets to fixated one detail. He cares so much and isn't afraid to show it, even if he can get in trouble by helping the student.
Adding this as well, not totally relating to last thing mentioned but also kinda at the same time. Allen does had ADHD, it being much more severe as a kid then it is now but this may be reflected into some things he does. Such as prefering lecture form of teaching as rambling on of explaining something he's passionate about is way easier for him. He also has a bit of a fixation for sunglasses which I'll probably mention later on. Lastly on this topic he also has RSD which means Rejection sensitive dysphoria.. this condition basically is different per person but overall is often the fear of judgement, rejection or the over thinking of minor details. Hense why Allen is so awkward with teachers or colleges he doesn't know well since he fears they'll judge him or think he's weird
Allen I'd say is special due to the somewhat irony of his character, as he's an ex-cop and a law major which in media is usually seen as a tough, big, strong, intimidating even person while Mr. Black is a shorter male with on the surface appears that he could care less about some things.
Overall, he really tries his best to teach and finds it easier to do more verbal lessons or lectures rather than write many assignments or notes on his board, hence why one of his rules are that if you don't pay attention and fail, that's on you. His exams and assignments would be either a quick written assignment such was identifying when can some form of writing can used or good vocab words that he feels are actually worth learning. While larger exams may be students acting out a scene from literature of sorts. In general, he plans for it to be a very hand on and more of an experience than anything as he does base a lot of his class on his former teacher's class that he himself took in high school. If also say what maybe makes him special isn't just him himself but also his class. Of course, English isn't a unique course but some of the things he could teach would be more unique, as said in my motivation part of this form, legalese and legal language, though more connected with law, is a topic in English that can help students learn how to write more detailed reports in a different type of professional style that usually students wouldn't write in but by all accounts, is still totally correct.
For his future he isn't sure what he wants, since a kid he's been living from day-to-day and is ready to see what the next day will throw at him. Quite frankly he does wish to perhaps get into a relationship or get a nice house all to himself but in general those aren't priorities to him. As he says, what happens, happens.
As of right now as well due to the subject he teaches, his first year or two of Law and criminal justice was most likely an "elective" course aka not on the usually schedule and students choose to take it or not.
Also just adding this because i believe it falls under character knowledge. Due to teaching Law at another school previously and missing it a bit, if accepted as a teacher to this new school he'd totally would try to make a mock trial club in attempts to be able to fully teach law again in his free time while only being able to just slightly touch upon it in his normal Englis class.
Allen may also often do a gig or joke in class where he'll refer to it as his law class, of course yeah its cringy after the first few times but its harmless and he is totally aware the subject hes teaching is English. Nonetheless it wont stop him from pretending to teach law jokingly if a friendly college walked in or if a student arrives late to class. He truly doesnt mean any harm but quite frankly besides his Hawaiian shirts, sunglasses and NYC accent is the only on-going joke he has so hes gonna role with it.
Second to last thing I can think of adding here?? Due to being shot in the shoulder, that side / arm is a bit weaker then the other due to minor nerve damage. he will most definitely joke around about this and may even ask students to help him in the hallway if hes carrying a lot. Of course, Allen is in great physical condition as he kept up some work outs and athletics even after leaving the police force however things change when one one arm / hand works a little better than the other.
ok I lied adding this in, hes one of the teachers that as is will remember all his students by name however will remember you way more then the rest if you get him gifts... but not normal teacher gifts. Silly cheap ones like idk cactus sunglasses or really any silly goofy sunglasses come to think of it or silly posters or even stuff law related like. Just things that show you pay attention, you enjoy his jokes, ect since it means a lot for a student to go out of their way to give a teacher something.
also adding this, Allen Black's Spotify Playlist -- his character Playlist! It's horrid with early 2000s songs yet have a few cavetown and mitski songs mixed in. Very relatable LMAO
this is way more then a few paragraphs and i could keep going but I'm scared there's point reductions for saying too much so ill stop.. hmu if you want to know something else though!!

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?
OOC:

personally, with my characters personality he'd likely approach and see what's going on. He isn't the type to really be bothered by swearing however he does acknowledge school rules and see if he can bargain with the students to stop. If that fails, he'll Apologize to them and state that he has to report said students or bring them to the office. He really tries to be the cool laid-back teacher and kind of understands the trouble-maker kids as he himself was one but knows he has to do his job properly, nonetheless.

IC:
Allen had just finished a class, he always stood near the stood and struggled to put the door stop in as his students exited the room. once everyone has left, he did a quick long stretch in his doorway before stepping out, heading to the teachers' lounge for some coffee before seeing a group of familiar faces. They were often referred to as the delinquent kids and didn't exactly have the best verbal sensory. So, Mr. B gave a sigh and approached them, casually putting on his sunglasses for quote on quote 'cool and dramatic effect'.
"Woah, woah, what's up with the no-no words guys? c'mon, i know you shouldn't be doing that, you know you shouldn't be doing that, and iii think i know you guys should be in class, yeah?" he gave a chuckle, waiting for them to react. he always tries to give them a chance to apologize and walk away, he'd rather tell them to stop nicely or even in a bit of a funny way rather than another teaching completely scolding them.
"Aight guys, c'mon, let's move. Don't want anotha' teacher naggin' ya' guys so let's go, chop-chop, skedaddle" he clapped his hands, turning some of the group around and playfully nudging them down the hall, hoping they'd listen and take the hint.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
OOC:

relating to the rules I stated previously and the teaching style I mentioned, he probably would purposely not call anyone out and give out an assignment. That or mention a quiz at the end of class. That way everyone will sort of panic and regret not listening. If they continue, then my character will simply just fail them or give a bad grade for whatever the next graded assignment is and explain how important it is to listen. In his mind it's not his fault the kids fail, it's on them.

IC:
It was approaching the end of class, he noticed several people to overall a fairly large section of his class either on their phones, having quiet conversations, etc. He never let them notice he saw them or cared, if anything he had his own way of letting the kids regret their choice. he looked at the clock above the doorway and gave a small clap, as he usually did at the end of class.
"Aight students of law, now i hope you guys' paid attention haha, as i said several times through this lecture i plan to give you guys a quick written exam on the stuff we've been learnin', i know, i know, Mr. B is so cruel to only give one exam every like three weeks but i got to get grades in somehow, yeah?" He watched pleasingly as kids heads instantly shot up and faces went pale. a few kids whined saying thats not fair and that they weren't ready, to that Allen gave a shrug and a funny face before putting those darn sunglasses of his own. As usual as well, when referring to his students he did the class 'students of law' despite it probably being cringy now as it's been said what.. the 5th class in a row? Listen, it's his only on-going joke, let the guy have it.
"Aye, listen, you guys know how it is. I give ya' guys the information, up to ya' guys to do whateva' ya' uh, little teens do with that information I don't know... anyway-!" he was abruptly cut off by the bell, guess his clock is a few minutes late.
"Alright! Make sure to study, ill post some notes online later, see ya' all tomorrow and rememba' my doors always open to questions Haha.."

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?
OOC:

in the lounge he'd be pretty chill and chatty, he'd surely Crack a few jokes at other teachers and the subjects they teach but nothing overstepping some boundaries. If other teachers are there before him, he most likely wouldn't speak unless spoken too. His weakness around other teacher is that he feels awkward or is too scared to Crack the usual joke as he fears judgement from colleges or that he may go too far.

IC:
Allen walked into lounge, swiftly taking off the sunglasses his students seem to adore. He honestly would've kept them on however he'd rather not be judged by the other teachers today. He walked in and gave the typical little goofy entrance hello such as,"ayye wassup teach"
to the other teacher in the room. he gave a little chuckle before approaching the coffee machine, pouring himself a cup before adding some French vanilla. "Busy class today?"
he asked, just to make small talk. he always got a bit awkward during one-on-one conversations, especially if the other person goes silent for a while.
"Ah, yeah, me too boss, me too Haha... kids wouldn't pay attention so i gave 'em an exam scare. then when walkin' out i happen to run into one of the troublemaka' groups ah... nothing too bad though. I'm used to this kind of stuff by now, I feel like I can handle it." he gave a little smile and thumbs up, he was more than aware he was one of the newbies of the staff so he tries to make it known he can handle his own ground so to say.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Mr. B Sits down in his computer chair and gives a large stretch. He watches as his students enter the class with a smile on his face. The older man eventually leans back once the class is fuller and wheels out from behind his desk before clapping his hands, ready to start speaking.
"Students of Law- i mean English.. ahem, welcome! Welcome, great to see some familiar and new faces as usual." he smiled, giving a wave before removing his beloved sunglasses. without saying another word he pointed to the board where it lists a quick assignment to do with a partner or by yourself to start off the class to prepare everyone for todays lesson.

/me The teacher stands from his chair for once and makes his way to behind his little speaking podium. As everyone spoke a large grin smothered his face and he brought out his little judge mallet, slamming it down onto the medal, hoping to maybe spook a few students. Of course, he had no ill intentions, it's common of him to prank or do something silly to get their attention. but Mr. Black? why do you have a judge mallet., and why do you use it in an English class?? well, dear students, if you so happen to be wondering this.. As most know mr. Black used to be a law teacher in another school! And has a Law degree. so, why wouldn't he keep the mallet? and why wouldn't he have fun with it?
"Alright, alright, haha.. sorry if I so happened to spook any of you, it slipped! you know? anyway.. now that I have your attention could you please uh, direct said attention to the board where it says-"

/me As you walk in, M r. Black sat down in his office chair, he has it positioned away from his desk directly Infront of the classroom, his legs are crossed, and he seems disappointment? In his right hand he has your test scores while in the other props up his head. This could only mean one thing,, bad test scores. with a sigh he waves and adjusts his posture once majority of the class came in and sat down.
"I.. believe ya' guys know the issue here. But raise your lil' hands, lets see if anyone can guess, yeah?" he awaited for a few kids to raise their hands, giving a slight yawn which he covered with his hand. Shortly after, calling on someone to answer.

/me As you walk in, Mr. Black sat down in his office chair, he has it positioned away from his desk directly Infront of the classroom, his legs are crossed, and he seems... pretty content actually. Happy even. Seems maybe today the class did pretty well on the exam from yesterday. with a small smirk he waves and adjusts his posture once majority of the class came in and sat down. "im impressed, didn't think so many of ya's would pay attention haha.. I'm joshin', im jokin', nonetheless, how about we get this show on a road today. how are we feeling students of law?" Students of law, always calling his students that, mostly as a joke. its clearly a running thing with his class that he never intended to be an English teacher yet still finds way to sneak law stuff into his lessons. nonetheless he gave yet another chuckle before stretching his arms.
"anyway.. todays lesson will be about Legalese! Huh? Ya' never heard of it? great, wonderful well now ya' have and I suggest taking notes for this one folks"

Backstory

I'd like to quickly say before getting into the application is sorry for any Grammer issues or run-on sentences in the backstory part at least or maybe other sections, Ive lost my glasses and havent been able to find them so i may have not been able to see any missing periods or grammer ^^;

Allen Black was raised by his grandparents mostly as his parents weren't really in the picture. He was diagnosed with ADHD at a young age and was quickly put into extra classes to help with deal with it at Warwick central School District. Throughout elementary school he was often bullied, or people were pretend to be his friend out of pity or to be in good sides with teachers, as kids are they didn't understand his condition and usually referred to him as "annoying" or "weird." In the extra classes he attended they caught kids like him and others how to mask their conditions so they can function properly in a school environment, and they did a good job at that, however they didn't bother to teach kids how to unmask or why they even had to do this in the first place which led to issue later down the line.
Once in middle school Allen began gaining more friends and by 6th grade his teachers and counselors wanted to see if he could "test" out of his extra classes. Once completing a few tests, he was told that thanks to a striking above Average IQ and along with other factors they believed he could attend full normal classes, however if he begins to fail any, they'll put him right back to where he was. Allen of course didn't understand how overall wrong and nearly corrupted that was to say just because a student is decently smart, they can drop a class that helps and attends to their needs but nonetheless he went along with it. Once in 7th and 8th grade Allen began attempting to fix bonds with those who messed or even bullied him in elementary school for apologizing about his behavior. He pretended he realized how annoying he was before and tried to play everything off, and it worked. He quickly managed to befriend those who used to mess with him, which he was happy about. But deep down he always felt he couldn't be himself as clearly when he did act normally, he got judged. This led to his class Clown phase in high school.
In high school Allen never disrespected his teachers, however he didn't mind going back and forth with them playfully. In his freshman year he got very close his one teacher Mr. Meyer who taught his history class. There he learned people often disliked Meyer for his personality and called some names, but Allen never found him a weird, he found him as relatable. Once sophomore year came Allen lost his grandparents, his grandmother died of age while grandfather soon died after of a broken heart. Of course, he was devastated but was quite the good actor after so many years, so he didn't let it show in school. For the new year he quickly signed up for law and criminal justice class in school as it also was taught by Mr. Meyer. It was a half-year course and more of an introductory class as there was an advanced one open for seniors. Allen ended up being one of the most active in class discussions and truly felt a passion for the topics and cases. Soon after the class ended as he had a free period now, he'd just show up to Meyers other criminal law class and sit in the back, relearning and remembering all the stuff he had learned before. By the end of the year Allen practically took the class twice!
Junior year rolled around fast, Allen had been staying with other family members and friends this whole time and genuinely got used to the lifestyle, it didn't bother him anymore. He was starting to be more himself this year and felt comfortable doing so he had good friends now. On top of that his class Clowny-ness was more of just the way he was, he wasn't afraid to be a bit goofy or silly and teacher knew be didn't mean any harm. This year was big for Allen though as he got accepted a year early into the advanced law course for law enforcement and forensics. Later he learns he got in thanks to Meyers recommendations and somewhat due to his IQ. The new teacher he had for this class was a man named Mr. Candia who was a veteran and ex undercover narcotics cop.
Allen took the class for his junior and senior year and overall graduated high school with a normal diploma, only special thing added was for a lot of community service hours. After graduating a few of his family members reached out confused by his diploma as they expected him to do way better in school since they've heard so much about this IQ of his. Allen of course was confused as yeah; he knew he could a bit smarter than others but never felt the need to truly apply it as he was happy being an average student.
Allen did let the comments get to him slightly however he tried to ignore it as his family was never a huge part of his life anyway. For college Allen at first only did two years to get an associated degree straight out of high school and went into the police force by the time he was 21 years old. Here he went into a specific type called "Game Wardens." A game Warden was a type of cop who specifically helps protect wildlife, makes sure people hunt legally, have their licenses, etc. He ended up doing this for about 5 years before retiring due to a work-related Injury. His job was more of the dangerous types of law enforcement as you often deal with those with loaded firearms. Allen happened to be unlucky and experienced that danger firsthand. One night he encounters a few hunter deer hunters at night, which is totally illegal and night hunting can lead to jail time. Long story short, he got shot in the shoulder by one of intoxicated hunters and help didn't arrive for a bit due to the rural location. His office told him that he'd be able to return once he is all patched up and healed however... the accident affected him more mentally then physically. He wanted desperately to go back to work but he developed PTSD from it. he took the safe way out mentally and decided to fully retire from the police force at age 26. From here he of course was devastated, he lost the job he wanted to have since his teen years, got shot, pstd.. it really took a toll on him. From about being released from the hospital to October of the same year, Allen began not caring about appearance anymore. He started to dress lazy in light-weight clothes around his house like his Hawaiian shirts or shorts. Eventually turning to alcohol as a bit of a resource. For a few months he was a bit of an alcoholic till as said before, October. He sort of just had an awakening moment that month. He was laying on his bed, hungover, his classic outfit on, just staring at the ceiling. There for whatever reason something just.. clicked. Some switch turned on that was a "what are you doing?" Kind of thing. From that point on he began trying to help himself. He slowly eased himself off the alcohol and applied to a few colleges, most of which far away. He wanted the new start and wanted to go somewhere far away. This is what lead him to Karakura, Japan.
There Allen went back to college for a new full degree, his Being the Juris Doctor degree, also known as Doctor of Law or Doctor of Jurisprudence. This is a graduate-entry professional degree in law and one of several Doctor of Law degrees. He also decided to go for a bachelor's degree while he was at it as he just overall wanted to stay in school, apply himself and keep his mind off of his past. between juggling work and other activities, he ended up graduating at age 33. He wanted to do so many years and get those specific degrees to one, keep his possible job options open and two, kind of do it out of spite as his family earlier in years were upset at him for not applying himself. So now, he did. while studying in Japan he obviously learned the language and considers himself semi-fluent however some friends he made there often said he had a ' god awful American accent ' which was whatever to him, at least they found it funny. his main motive to do this was to prove some family members wrong when they stated all those years ago that he doesn't apply his brains and wouldn't really get anywhere unless he did.
After college he waited a few years to really looking into a high paying job, for the most part he was simply a security guard at stores or bars, nothing major. he was happy living like this though as he was used to just going day-by-day, not bothered by any possible budget tightness money wise. After about two years of the same cycle of waking up, putting on his uniform, going to work, stopping for a snack on the way home, then going asleep, he decided it was about time he started getting a job that'll benefit him. A job that promised he can retire at an old age and live comfortably.
Though the thing was, Allen didn't quite know what to do, he still loved law but feared becoming a lawyer as he'd be too heavily biased for the cases. So as a near Impulsive decision, he decided to apply for a teaching job at a high school, taking inspiration from his former teacher Mr. Meyer. The first school he taught in, he stayed there for about 2 years and taught an elective course for criminal law and justice but eventually quite as he didn't like his co-workers and just didn't feel like he belonged there. that's when he came to the schools he's now currently applied for, there clearly, they didn't have the same courses, so he used English being his native language to his advantage. when applying he instead went for an English teacher and plans to teach some of the writing he learned when getting his JD. now what happens from here is really up to fare depending on if he's accepted or not.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Allen Black
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Mr. B?
Preferred Name: Mr. B or Mr.Black

Religious Denomination: atheist
Marital Status: single

Ethnicity: Italian-Puetro Rican
Nationality: American & Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience:
5 years as a Game Warden law enforcement officer and now 1 year of teaching.

Academic Degree: Associates degree (when he was in his early 20s), Bachelors & JD. (recent, got in late 20s-30s)
Year of Graduation: n/a
Major(s): Political Science & English
Minors: American History & environmental science

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Spanish fluent, Japanese semi-fluent.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: CELTA, yes

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

Do you have any questions?: nope :)​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread