mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Allow crime business directors access to /events (or an alternative like /adverts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: SchoolRP
DATE: 20/9/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Allow for the black market dealers who direct crime businesses a secret role that allows them to be able to send /event or /adverts (or similar) commands rather then relying on the staff team.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This is very similar to a previous feedback about placing more trust in the event team -- however I believe that this has it's own reason to exist as

1. It is about a much, much smaller group of people (just two), who are more heavily vetted (the highest barrier of entry in any player-obtainable role) then the event team (Both myself and whoever replaces kaizer as the Race Community Director)
  2. Me and Kaizer's replacement would be more than happy to receive the ability to do an /advert
  3. This has actively and heavily effected my ability to open Fight Club (We often delay Fight Club 10-30 minutes each week, if not cancelling it all together. This is a constant issue.)

I know this is a hard issue to back behind or feel any empathy for coming from anybody replying to this thread but now that it heavily affects Fight Club and it's employees.

Currently, the system is that I have to message each admin staff member in dms, send a message in #help and send in a /help command (Woah, that's a lot of things to do!!!)

I do this, every time .. . and a lot of the time it has been like I am talking to a brick wall. No disrespect, I get staff members have lives and that is why my solution is "Allow me to do it without needing to take away from their precious time" rather than "Jeez!! I hate the staff team grr!"

It doesn't need to be an /event. An event is highly unrestricted in terms of what you can do in it -- I would literally cry my eyes out with joy if crime business directors were able to at the very least send /adverts (as they are functionally the same except for a 15 minute timer)

I need to be able to send /events or /adverts to be able to fulfil my community task, in the exact same way shopkeepers do. I strongly feel like this is something that should've been added long ago.

I am sure that every single one of my staff, and maybe a few racing community members can atest to how much this would help us, to help you -- the community. It's a really simple ask and I've been asking it since I bought Fight Club back in what, October? of 2021. This is a plea for something that is just -- necessary

SkyFantasyWorld

Level 73
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Notable
+1

SRP needs to give the community a little bit more trust, not just to crime business owners who have been around since the early days of the server, who are basically shopkeepers (ex. Fight Club Owner like Toto) and can't even do /advert because they're not 'trusted' enough, I'm also pointing to the Community Team as well such as the Event Team. The fact that the Event Team can't even do /event to help people like Toto to at least host openings says a lot about how distrusting the staff is, now I'm not saying all staff are like this, I'm mostly only pointing at those who have the power to grant said power instead.

CouldBeDumpster

Level 20
CouldBeDumpster
CouldBeDumpster
Omega+
+1

Honestly as a fight club employee it just sucks when we're waiting around for a while in order to start. There was once a time they pushed the openning back an hour then just overall canceled it because there wasn't an available staff to do it. We were waiting there the entire time and contacting them.

les

Level 4
htce
htce
Rich+
+1!!
As the current manager of the ice cream parlour, I also find it incredibly annoying having to wait, as well as making the other employees wait for sometimes up to an hour before we can get an advert sent, which isn't even an exaggeration, sometimes we just cancel them and it's difficult trying to keep it active when staff aren't always available to send adverts which we could easily send ourselves.

6Pancake

Level 224
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
Giving /event to regular players is really risky, only Admins and above have access to it for a reason. Speaking of, there are more admins now, meaning that it'll be a lot easier to find one that's online and will publish your advert for you (in the scenario the suggestion is completely denied). And if you believe that there will be no Admins online at the time, try to contact them an hour or so before you try to open and bump the DMs frequently as Staff Members do get quite a lot of DMs or might just generally not see the message properly.

I do think it would be fine to give /advert to anyone who doesn't own a shop on the shop roster, such as the Crime Businesses and the Ice Cream Parlor, however, I'm not fully aware of the risks with this command since I've never experienced it.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Giving /event to regular players is really risky, only Admins and above have access to it for a reason. Speaking of, there are more admins now, meaning that it'll be a lot easier to find one that's online and will publish your advert for you (in the scenario the suggestion is completely denied). And if you believe that there will be no Admins online at the time, try to contact them an hour or so before you try to open and bump the DMs frequently as Staff Members do get quite a lot of DMs or might just generally not see the message properly.

I do think it would be fine to give /advert to anyone who doesn't own a shop on the shop roster, such as the Crime Businesses and the Ice Cream Parlor, however, I'm not fully aware of the risks with this command since I've never experienced it.
I really don't care for it specifically being the /event command. I think the crime businesses and Ice Cream Parlor would just be ecstatic being able to be given /advert. .. . which is a command regular players have (think shops).

ParentVibez

Level 191
_A3he
_A3he
Notable

hey guys, WE (event team) aren't allowed to use it and still have to request it - I'm just gonna put this plain and simple, that's not gonna change for business owners ESPECIALLY certain people then staff will be seen as calling favorites. It's a nice thought, but just use the adverts.. It's not that hard! Also um, reasons stated on the suggestion for /event for event team.. but this time for normal players. Just, no.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
hey guys, WE (event team) aren't allowed to use it and still have to request it - I'm just gonna put this plain and simple, that's not gonna change for business owners ESPECIALLY certain people then staff will be seen as calling favorites. It's a nice thought, but just use the adverts.. It's not that hard! Also um, reasons stated on the suggestion for /event for event team.. but this time for normal players. Just, no.
I don't think you read the suggestion at all.

ParentVibez

Level 191
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I don't think you read the suggestion at all.
Well, I read "Allow for the black market dealers who direct crime businesses a secret role that allows them to be able to send /event or /adverts (or similar) commands rather then relying on the staff team." Granted, I didn't respond that well. Anyways, adverts are great snazzy give them events nope nada. That's all.

les

Level 4
htce
htce
Rich+
they're really just asking for /advert

BACKR00MS

Level 26
FqllenFocoozo
FqllenFocoozo
Notable
Even event members don't have access to /event but I have no problem with the advert idea

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
give them to do ./advert. staff can following it anyway(or just kimi, Idk so much about that)

NoZinth

Level 194
Administrator
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
I think what was suggested in the previous time this was in a suggestion for the event team, /eventrequest could be made (very easy to setup similarly to /creativerequest) which'll ping admins both on discord and in game and they can approve/disapprove your event request :D. I'd give a +1 to that, but not to openly giving business owners /event or /advert.

Lewk

Level 86
x_z
x_z
Omega+
Reviewed
Illegal businesses will not receive a /advert or /event in general anymore, they may receive a /event being sent if there is a large event happening within the illegal business but other than that they should not be advertised that they are open. If a /advert is sent for example the fight-club opening, the KPD will be allowed to come, basically shutting down the opening the instant they see anything illegal taking place. The entire use of /advert or /event would become more detrimental to the business lowering roleplay chances due to the interference of KPD, who should and will come if they find out about the opening.

However as stated before, in times of an official event taking place within the business with permission from myself a /event will be allowed to be sent so players may go and partake in the event if they wish to. If you got any questions or comments regarding this simply send me a direct message on discord at LEWK#0666.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread