ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
IGN: ProblematicRP
DATE: 2/20/21
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I would like to mention and idea for pets/animals. The animal whitelists are a huge thing on SRP, and also cost money yet there's barely anything for animals to do. The first thing I would like to be added, for when the new map comes is a vet. A vet will be for taking care of animals and helping with pets, so it's not only hospitals and so that there's a place dedicated to animals. At the vet, it will be a hospital for animals, where you can get annual check-ups, find animal chips, and make the animal/pet yours. Another thing that would be nice to have in the new map is a pound/shelter. This is for strays that misbehave and also for people to adopt pets, so that you don't just go around finding animals asking them to be yours. This will help making it seem more realistic for getting animals to have owners. Next is collars, leashes, and pet accessories. When you adopt an animal, whatever kind of animal it is should have a colored collar, not that if you want the pet to have a collar it's turned into a German Shepard, also have the option to change the collar's color, to match it's description. Leashes, there should be leashes added so that you can walk your animal without it getting lost, this will almost be an external option for caring, so that animals don't glitch when someone cares them. Now for accessories, I mean when you wear something don't have the item floating if possible make it so it's on the actual animal. Lastly for animals, animal beds, cages, and food and water bowls. Just something that looks like these things to add to your place so it's more animal friendly! This is all and if you have anything that you would like to add or disagree with go ahead and tell me!

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich

Not a bad suggestion but;

1. Vets are already a thing at the EMS. Any Hospital Staff can treat dogs, chip them, give ownership of them to a player, etc.
2. Leashes can just be ItemRP'd. There's no point in adding a whole item just for them.
3. Food bowls, beds, etc. can also be built in your apartment. I usually use a carpet or something like that to represent them.
4. A pet store/shelter would not work simply because running it would be weird due to how few animals are on SRP. You usually see like one or two compared to how many players there are. Moreover, no animal whitelisted player would want to stay all day in a shelter waiting for someone to adopt them. They mostly want to make the best of their money and go around enjoying being an animal so forcing them to wait all day in a shelter until they're adopted would just be somewhat of a rip-off of their money.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Depending on the animal you chose to be there’s actually a lot you can regarding roleplay. If the animal you’ve chosen to be is popular by demand there are a lot of roleplay available as you play. Yeah it may seem like there’s not much going on for them but 1. It’s technically a cosmetic that not everyone can afford or want to purchase as they may not have any goals for it or simply they don’t want to waste an extra alt for it and 2. The server doesn’t focus so much on them and focuses on school related things anyway and there’s just a small list of animals on the server and that same list of animals may most likely be roleplaying as students/adults on their other account majority of the time. So as the above person pretty much explained, which I agree with, these suggestions aren’t going to do much for giving people with animal whitelist something more to do than there’s already available with roleplaying.

Laur

Level 39
As a player who as an animal whitelist, depending on what animal you choose to be as HighlightedKin mentioned, there are a lot of ways to roleplay. Although typing “woof” or “tweet” in chat isn’t your ideal animal roleplay or shouldn’t be, you should find ways to expand it yourself. Choosing unique animals will get you more opportunities to roleplay most likely. Having an owner who wants to / enjoys having an animal companion around should already open up various chances to roleplay.

As to the /carry glitching for animals, I have never gotten this issue. I’m unsure as to why it happens or what it does, but after I have been carried I just re-morph into the specified animal I’m playing as.

TJ S

Level 1

As a animal myself I need to bring in my own opinion
1. Vet idea
The vet idea was already established before, it was put in the game, then removed, I don't know why other than hospital staff should be allowed to work on people other than the small amount of animals, and having to wait to get a vet online would be time consuming and weird. the point you brought up was that the vet should do hospital stuff to animals, but I don't see the point seeing as the regular hospital can do this already.
2. Animal Accessories
I don't know why people want this so much, we have the ability to already do this, just use ItemRP and put carpets for beds, and plates for food bowls and water bowls.
3. Pound idea
I can't stress this enough: I HATE THE POUND IDEA
When I first became a animal on this server, when I was a stray, there was specific people in the hospital staff who seeked me out and put me on anesthesia and threw me in the cages in the hospital, didn't take action to find me a owner, and I would lose a character. thankfully there is no vet place in the hospital anymore so I don't have to worry about that anymore
If we implemented a pound or animal shelter idea, then whenever I get a animal that's unowned, it will probably be picked up randomly by someone and thrown in the animal shelter and I would just wait to be adopted. You said in your feedback that "there's barely anything for animals to do." but wouldn't adding a animal shelter make it so that animals have LESS to do?
Which brings me to my next point. I WANT TO CHOOSE WHO MY OWNER IS.
I want a owner who is kind, reliable, and comes on the server frequently. So say we did add in the animal shelter idea, all my ideals for a owner go out the window and someone random person who is not kind, abuses their animals, and never comes on the server adopts me, microchips me so I'm permanently theirs, and just abandons me to go onto different servers and comes on like once every two weeks. There would also be a bunch of people who are uneducated in roleplay who come onto the server and try to adopt me and don't even know how to roleplay.
So if we bring in the concept of a animal shelter, than my characters will just be thrown in cages, I will have to wait a year for a owner which I can't choose, and I will be adopted by a owner which I do not want and never comes on the server OR doesn't know how to roleplay at all let alone have a pet.

qbigail

Level 77
Like many people have said before me, EMS staff also roleplay out taking care of animals. Hospital staff are authorised to microchip, check-up and even euthanise animals in some cases. There is a whole section of training that you have to learn for treating animals. [Knowledge is from previous experience as a Trainee Nurse.] I feel like it would just be a waste of time to implement this role, as well as the fact not many people may want to apply for it. As for the apartment thing, just place a carpet or a plate down and write a sign displaying something. For example:
[!]
A small white dog bed would rest here.
[!]
A bowl would be filled with water, decorated with the print of a dog bone.

Users who are viewing this thread