mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Anonymous Chatting Website (suggested by yours truly, therealosix)

Ruin

Level 103
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
IGN: Ruin06
DATE: 20.01.2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Another anonymous chatting website that will be led by staff and used just like old-ikigai but with maybe more new features
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
The current ikigai (The famous anonymous chatting website that probably has the commissioner as a reguler-member) got changed into being a tool for Black Market for their upcoming new feature, though this is all nice n' allat, it kinda killed the website because nobody wants to talk about how they baited perms & killed someone with it or committed some really dumb crime and nobody wants to read all that, what I'm suggesting is a newer website or maybe re-adding general to Ikigai.

How will this really benefit the server? It wont, really, its just a discord server where everyone just does what they want and say some really unfunny jokes time-to-time, though it still was a fun thing to read when I woke up and catch up with things that happend

some smart people are gonna say, Just use Onrain for chatting but... Onrain isn't really made for chatting its literally japanese facebook trying to be like japanese instagram but with alot of westernised people.
+ its not anonymous and i dont think you can make an anonymous account because I'm pretty sure site admins are able to check who that person is and give that information to the kpd

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1

Ikigai isn't necessarily supposed to be anonymous chatting but moreso for crime, so I see where that comes from, and Onrain isn't really set up for public group chats yet so this would be a good idea

Alternatively, this could hopefully be implemented into Onrain in the future, although it probably wouldn't have the anonymous feature to it

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
"Casual chatting" as you put it should be done in a public website. Adding yet another way for players to communicate would only make the community more segregated in regards to what platform they use. Ikigai was relatively not that active before the change, hence why it was reformed into something that BMD customers could use. Moreover, I'm pretty sure that it is quite easier to get in contact with a BMD rather than to find a random sign in a narrow area of the map and also simultaneously know about the existence of the platform

Ruin

Level 103
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
I'm pretty sure that it is quite easier to get in contact with a BMD rather than to find a random sign in a narrow area of the map
sure thats cool n' allat but
it doesnt change the fact that ikigai is dead as hell and there should be either a better version or get general back

"Casual chatting" as you put it should be done in a public website.
onrain is literally people posting art or random pictures of people on the internet, theres few people who actually posts SRP related, some people straight up use onrain like an ACTUAL social media instead of IC-Social Media
1674256816793.png
this is what people would expect on a roleplay social media not some random (or not) picture of an eboy going "whats your red flag"
to be honest I wldnt even complain if onrain was used properly and it felt like actual characters were posting those instead of random selfies

1674257179997.png1674257197077.png1674257343129.png

What I suggested could be made into a legal website but still in discord, I wouldn't mind, I just want to see a discord chat with people actually texting ICly instead of people posting the most random pictures

Hirathex

Level 244
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
+1

this is for the sole reason i was one of the people actively using ikigai before it got rebooted again :sob: don't get me wrong, i LOVE Onrain and use it everyday, but it's not anonymous. yes you can make an anonymous account but you can't go to a chatroom and talk to other people like you could on ikigai

and yes, i do know a lot of people don't have the password at the moment but that's part of the problem, i just miss shitposting on ikigai </3

Ruin

Level 103
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
+1

this is for the sole reason i was one of the people actively using ikigai before it got rebooted again :sob: don't get me wrong, i LOVE Onrain and use it everyday, but it's not anonymous. yes you can make an anonymous account but you can't go to a chatroom and talk to other people like you could on ikigai

and yes, i do know a lot of people don't have the password at the moment but that's part of the problem, i just miss shitposting on ikigai </3
this is why you shld be s.a
and your my favorite staff member

6Pancake

Level 227
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
i want to argue with sasha vasylenko as rokku heddo on onrain again.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
Neutral
I really loved ikigai; us who started it had a lot of fun ideas and even when it was just me left I tried to do a lot but (due to many other things I was doing at once) I never got help with it so I lost all motivation and then got removed without any word or heads up. (Which is fine, idc) Just idk. I liked being silly, Onrain gives too much like knowledge behind who the person is. Harder to start rumors.

Onrain is fun, I have my beef with it. (I think staff need to check it more bc a lot of times I check it and see a half-naked anime girl. That's crazy to me.) But that also kind of shows me not even staff really uses it? Like. . . why else is a half-naked women still up for over 48 hours? So idk. (yes I report it but idk kinda speaks for itself)

TBH this is probably me just agreeing bc I'm reminiscing bc I love appreciating my own work selfishly but please. Staff. Moderate Onrain more; children use it. And promote it too

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Sorry guys it’s a -1 for me :(

Ikigai became a platform in which a lot of players used as an excuse to be extremely toxic with no consequences. Its “reboot” redirected it towards what it was truly intended to be which is an anonymous criminal platform that members of the crime community can use to post about their crimes/view other crimes/advertise gangs.

I don’t believe an anonymous chatting platform that you could discuss anything you wanted on was intended in the creation of Ikigai. And as yonio said, we don’t need a third chatting platform because that will spread the playerbase way too thin as Karakura already has 2 “social media” platforms.

zerie

Level 34
jeeellyy
jeeellyy
Rich
+1

literally just want another discord anonymous chat site ran by staff but with active moderators, doesn't need to even be crime related or whatever

onrain is cool n stuff yeah but its not anonymous, sure you can make an account without your characters rpname n stuff but its not the same \(-_-)/

Ruin

Level 103
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
Ikigai became a platform in which a lot of players used as an excuse to be extremely toxic with no consequences
there werent proper rules set on what could be said, it was just "no nsfw" and that was it, though the new thing could have rules to prevent being heavily toxic

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+

Onrain should be meant for this, you can make anonymous accounts, but as you said, site admins are able to get the user behind the account (as they did sign up with a phone number..). Whilst an IC warrent is required to get this information, I do believe that such a warrent can be obtained too easily.

I have however also heard from multiple players that the onrain chat functionality isn't the best(?)... However this was conveyed in messages such as "Its terrible" and "I hate it". No constructive criticism whatsoever. If anyone can point out what is missing or needs to be improved in this chat functionality let me knooowww!! And don't just complain... Give examples and ideas how to make it better!

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega

Onrain should be meant for this, you can make anonymous accounts, but as you said, site admins are able to get the user behind the account (as they did sign up with a phone number..). Whilst an IC warrent is required to get this information, I do believe that such a warrent can be obtained too easily.

I have however also heard from multiple players that the onrain chat functionality isn't the best(?)... However this was conveyed in messages such as "Its terrible" and "I hate it". No constructive criticism whatsoever. If anyone can point out what is missing or needs to be improved in this chat functionality let me knooowww!! And don't just complain... Give examples and ideas how to make it better!
I AM ALL OVER THIS. Mainly bc I did an ass job explaining why I didn't like it in my feedback (sorry tippie dfkjhdsf) ANYWAY. My personal issues is for one how it runs on mobile. It weirdly zooms in and just feel wonky (idk if this is something you can focus on?) but it moving smoothly more on mobile will honestly be nice due to like that's how i mainly use it! Stay up with the Minecraft drama without PC!

Ik some have complained about a scrolling issue! Private dms don't automatically scroll! Uhh a search bar on mobile would be pretty swaggy as well as a like follow and message button on profiles for mobile too.

Another issue (and I'm only bringing this one up bc your SLT) is keeping captains engaged. I try to force onrain on my team but I don't know if other captains do the same? Idk if this is something you and I can figure out to make Onrain more entertaining for teams? But id be down for it? I just have no idea other than getting captains to promote it more LOL

TBH i love the idea of Onrain just at the moment there's no real hype and I shockingly use it more on my phone than my browser LOL SO if you can figure out how to add those things to mobile and make it smoother on it. I'd be happy! Ik others would be too :D

suneater

Level 90
+1 I fucking love the idea of an anonymous message board, and onrain just doesn't fit that. Even if you can make anonymous accounts on it, it's not the same.

Going to talk about my issues with onrain a little bit here because the topic was brought up
On mobile specifically? It's a pain as I've said before. When scrolling it will randomly stop and you can't do anything about it. You just have to wait several minutes for it to finally load more messages. Still no search feature on mobile, no way to even see your following/follower number. It overall just feels very. . very clunky.
A couple suggestions in general for it though? Add a members list- a way to just scroll through all accounts pleeeease. I'm sick of the only way to find people being trying to keysearch their name, or just looking at the suggested accounts that never change. Also please please please make it so if you ever click on someones profile or something it doesn't auto put you back at the very top on the trending page. It's a pain having to rescroll

In general though imo onrain is something that should *coexist* with other platforms for chatting on srp, stuff shouldn't be being removed for the sake of it. It's a nice thing to have & scroll through when bored, but it doesn't have that same feeling to it that makes you want to use it. Maybe its me, but I just simply don't care enough about it to use it. I love the idea, but imagine if you were forced to go from your separate social medias, to a new one that came out that just doesn't feel as convenient. Sure it's cool when it first comes out, but when you're forced to use it it just doesn't have that same appeal.
Also it feels very very very dead. I know people do use it, but it doesn't feel alive if that makes any sense. Something you can't really control, it's up to the playerbase to keep it alive but yk
This doesn't have all of my thoughts but... its all that's coming to mind right now. I'm sure I'm forgetting something

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
My suggestion is just to add public chatrooms, if that's possible. Other than that, Onrain is fine how it is

Ruin

Level 103
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
My suggestion is just to add public chatrooms, if that's possible. Other than that, Onrain is fine how it is
Onrain isnt fine its filled with egirls and eboys with their lil drama and selfies of other people

Users who are viewing this thread