mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied anyxic's Art Teacher Application

atkoi

Level 27
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
anyxic

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Kotone Yushiki | liz#7205

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

How old are you? (Optional): 21

What is your time zone?: EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes

Describe your activity on the server: I am on daily on my main account (KoiRP) and as a teacher I am willing to be just as active.

Do you have any previous bans?: I have a ban for ERP due to a misunderstanding, and a ban for unserious RP that took place a month ago.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Accepted:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/ban-appeal.42082/

Denied:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
On my main account I am on the High school Track team as Grade 12.
My alt (anyxic) is a regular Grade 12.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Art

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I believe as a teacher I would have more chances to relate to students without worry of being judged for being on the track team. OOCly and ICly I love talking to other players about anything and everything but a big thing I enjoy is teaching. I have OOC knowledge seeing as I used to help students in school as a sort of teacher assistant. It's easy for me to explain things and I love to detailrp actions, so as a teacher not only would I have a chance at helping players learn- I can make it fun! I'm already pretty close with the students AND faculty on my Track Team character, so I know if I was a teacher I'd have a pretty easy grasp of any situations at hand! To top everything off, I am someone who judges situations fairly.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I am a hundred percent fine with going through teacher training! It would be an honor to do so!

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are essentially activity logs. They are there there to show how many classes the teacher has hosted that month! They're important due to the fact that they help staff and higher-ups see if that teacher is active and how often! If they aren't active they have the chance of being removed so other players who are more active and wanting the role are able to take over!

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
-Respect your students and your peers. The relationship between you and the people around you is important.
-Be considerate of others, answer questions when possible and never exclude others or discriminate.
-No phones during class as these can be distracting!
-Students should raise their hands otherwise it can get hectic in class!
-Don't wear a mask in class, this is pretty self explanatory.
-Yelling in class to get attention from the teacher is prohibited as it can be distracting for passerbys or people in other classrooms. There is absolutely no reason for it.
-No foul language! NONE! Swearing gets you nowhere!
-Do not fight or argue in class, it's supposed to be a fun and safe environment!

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been roleplaying for several years, and I've had the pleasure of having people (including teachers!) that my detailrp is the most they've ever seen on the server. I love to detailrp and actionrp anything and everything! Outside of SRP I write a lot of stories so I'm used to writing a ton!

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department.
↳ Description:
These are teachers who lead the department they're in and they observe and oversee the other teachers in their departments. They ensure the teachers are doing their jobs correctly. They're there to help other teachers with any questions or concerns they may have pertaining to the subject!

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified teacher
↳ Description: A teacher that has been trained properly and who has proven capable of handling themselves in any situation! They are teachers who the NQT's may look up so!

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher.

↳ Description: A teacher who was most recently finished with their teacher training and assessments. They are able to host their own courses although they still have much to learn!

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher.
↳ Description: A teacher who is new to the title, and who has not gone through any training! They have yet to host any classes, they're still considered 'unofficial' although they are still a part of faculty- so you still have to respect them!

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

They're someone who actively enjoys helping teach others how to succeed in life. They give them the knowledge and experience they need to further themselves as young adults. Teachers have different ways of doing this, ranging from hands-on activities to debates! Teachers are professionals in what they do, and as such they are models in our society. Teachers on SRP are important as a majority of players are students, and what's a student without a teacher? Students rely on school faculty to help enhance their school roleplay experience. Teachers in SRP are also capable of giving you the knowledge needed to pass your exams!

Teachers are some of the highest-paid members of the SRP server, as their role is quite important. Teachers can make anywhere from 250k to 400k per every 15 classes put in.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

You can't have a student without a Teacher. Schools can't exist if there is nobody to teach their students. As a teacher you are there to ensure things are going smoothly. Teachers conduct classes to help give students the knowledge they need. Without classes, everyone would be bored. OOC and LOOC chat always has multiple people asking where teachers are and if they're going to be hosting classes. Teachers make SRP what it is.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MOSCOW
(Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have!)

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Rei Kiyama is a 6'1, Japanese-Korean male with short soft black hair. He'd be 33 years of age. He has a calming baritone voice, tending to hum often! Rei Kiyama is a casual, laid-back male. He's organized and enjoys spending time with his friends. He's the type of guy who people can go about questions and concerns without fear. He is easy-going, something a lot of people come to like about him. He fits in any crowd with ease and is a generally pretty goofy individual outside of school. He loves teaching students, sharing his knowledge with them.

Rei enjoys teaching solely for the students. He tries his best to connect with his students, his lesson plan tending to be more hands-on at times. He knows that working with students and showing them school doesn't have to be boring or counter-productive will help them in their endeavors! A big thing Rei prides himself in is how he has changed over the years- and it is something he can relate to students with. He believes that due to his experiences growing up, he can better handle situations students may put him in.

Rei has always held his peers in a high pedestal. Due to his outgoing personality, he is more than happy to befriend them no matter what. He's passionate about creating long-lasting friendships, and it's something he hopes his coworkers will come to like about him. He's honest to others, and he isn't afraid to talk to them if a problem arises. His natural charisma and charm makes it easy for him to speak to his peers, and he ensures his colleagues are feeling alright- lending a helping hand when needed.

He eventually plans on switching up his profession as he grows in age and experience. As a hopeless romantic he hopes to have a family, being able to support them. He dreams of a future where he will have a strong loving family, one that will be what he never had. He believes in a future where he can create a life he never had, for a son or a daughter.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Rei is a pretty level-headed individual, someone who has experienced a LOT. He'd remind them they're in school and their actions have consequences. He'd ask the reasoning behind them cursing and swearing, and if a valid reason is given, he'd let them off with a warning. He doesn't have much tolerance for disrespectful students, so if they continue he would most definitely consider further punishment.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

If nobody is listening to him, Rei would stand in front of the class, clapping his hands loudly and raising his voice in hopes of gaining their attention. If this is not achieved, he would decide to change his lesson plans, becoming more direct with his students so it all but demands their attention individually. He would remind them that their grades are at stake if they don't pay attention in class.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Rei is a pretty friendly guy, so whenever he's around the other teachers he tries to strike up general conversation about anything and everything. He'd still keep a professional outlook seeing as it's still a workplace. He'd use this opportunity to make friends with the teachers, and catching up on old times with those who he may already know!

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
He'd look around the room, greeting students as they came in. A warm smile would spread across his face as he waited for the students to find their seats and settle down. Once things settled down, a warm smile would spread across his face and he'd clap his hands together, it was clear he was excited to start the day!

/me He'd rub his hands together, a genuine smile on his face as he looked over the students, a quick check to make sure nobody was on their phones! He'd turn to the board, writing "COLOR THEORY" in all uppercase, underlining it. He'd turn back to the class, the chalk still in hand. "Does anyone know what color theory is?"

/me He'd go to the closet, pulling out stretched canvases, large 1 gallon jugs of paint, as well as a pail full of various-sized paintbrushes. Setting them on the desk, he'd clap his hands to grab the students attention. "Alright, class. Today we're going to be working on a caricature study! Choose a celebrity - any!- and draw them in a caricature style. If you have any questions, feel free to ask now! Otherwise- come up and grab your supplies!"

/me He'd grit his jaw, his eyes cold as he looked at the student who had repeatedly interrupted the class. He'd force a small smile as he raised his hand, pointing it to the classroom door. "I have asked you multiple times to keep your voice down. If you don't plan on paying attention or doing something about your grade you can leave."

Backstory

Rei Kiyama was born June 21st, 1987 in Tokyo, Japan. His father was Korean, his mother Japanese. His father raised Rei on discipline and being strict, although his mother was more lenient, showing him love and compassion for the smallest things. At the age of 8, his father was accepted into the local PD as a commissioner- and his life grew a lot busier as a result. While his father was gone, his mother was equally as busy in the hospital as a doctor. Whenever his father came home he'd head straight to bed, hardly a glance in Rei's direction. His mother, however, would spend every moment she could with Rei. She'd teach him how to draw, giving him something to do while he was home without them.

Once he went into early high school, he realized he could get away with more as his parents were gone. He grew more independent, hosting parties at his place every weekend. When he wasn't hosting parties he was doodling, sketching pictures of his parents from memories, realization dawning on him. He knew he wanted to continue a career in art- expanding on his passion for art.

During his early high school years he had also decided to become more outgoing and friendly with his peers to escape the loneliness of his house when parties weren't taking place. He was charismatic, charming, his alluring innocence dragged in many friends from many friend groups. He had a quick silver tongue, able to talk himself out of any situation. He took advantage of this, sleeping in class and generally avoiding school together on days his loneliness took over. The days he didn't feel like going to school were the days he'd give in to his loneliness, some days drawing- even studying up on old artists such as Picasso and Frazetta.

By the time he was 18, he had surprised everyone when he graduated- passing all of his classes and excelling beyond anyone's beliefs. With the money from his shared bank account with his parents, he had decided he was going to move away from Tokyo- a new start for his own life. Soon after he moved to Karakura japan, where he decided he wanted to be an art teacher. He had an urge to help others, and teach students the joys behind art. The history of it as well as the fun that could take place.

Shortly after being accepted into college, at the age of 25, his mother called him with terrible news. His father had passed away in a gunfight. Rei grew depressed, his art becoming his coping mechanism. He'd curse the world for what it was, a strong belief in his heart that life cheated him- giving him no chance to spend time with his family. From then on out he vowed to himself he'd be uplifting to those who deserved it, happy to assist in any way that he could; Someone others could lean on for anything and everything.

Upon being accepted as an art teacher in Karakura Japan, he had developed an even stronger passion to show others they can create something out of nothing- all with their creative freedom. He was more than happy to teach others that art was a great way to vent your feelings without hurting others. He decided he wanted to dedicate himself to being a teacher students could count on.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Rei Kiyama
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Rei
Preferred Name: Rei

Age (Minimum is 27): 33
Religious Denomination: Christian
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Korean-Japanese
Current Location: Karakura Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

3-4 years

Academic Degree: Master of Fine Arts
Year of Graduation: 2016
Major(s): Teaching, Arts
Minors: History

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: JSL, Korean

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No, I do not.

Extra
N/A

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

I was hoping I could make KoiRP (my main) a teacher account if accepted, and switching the Track Team tag over to anyxic.

~Thank you for taking the time to review my application!

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your Teacher application won't be accepted today.

- Apply again when you are unbanned from the server.

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread